Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    The period costumes alone make it worth watching, and you get all the details on upstairs/downstairs mores.

Oooh, I needed something new to distract me from doing research on renewing our passports read. Thanks.
    I have season 1 of Downtown SOMEWHERE and need to see it. (Semirelated, I watched BBC's North and South few days ago. LOVED IT. Richard Armitage looks much better there than in The Hobbit *G*)

it's 13K words worth of distraction and I hope you'll enjoy it. There's room for a sequel too! You should have a laugh or few if you enjoy Vala and Tony Stark (I know you love Elizabeth). let me know what you think!

Also, chapter two is here.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      What does ITV stand for?
      From the ITV website:

ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK, broadcasting the most talked about television and digital content, making a major contribution to the UK’s culture, economy and communities.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        I have season 1 of Downtown SOMEWHERE and need to see it. (Semirelated, I watched BBC's North and South few days ago. LOVED IT. Richard Armitage looks much better there than in The Hobbit *G*)

it's 13K words worth of distraction and I hope you'll enjoy it. There's room for a sequel too! You should have a laugh or few if you enjoy Vala and Tony Stark (I know you love Elizabeth). let me know what you think!

Also, chapter two is here.
        I think you will love Downton Abbey. It's all the rage here. I went to get my hair done yesterday and it was all everyone was talking about because S3 just started up again here. I've seen all of S3 but wouldn't give away any spoilers. It was a squee fest.

Going now to read. The passport research was easier than I expected.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by luisa_ View Post
          When I say I'n not a shipping fan I mean I'm not a fan of love story between John and Elisabeth, or Teyla or someone else in SGA (as Rodney and Dr Keller). I like the Travellers episode, but also I like it stopped there.

But, I really like the feeling between John and Elisabeth as great friendship. They take care of each other without being involved in the situations that involves a love story. I think even in RL sometimes it's stronger and lasting the friendship than love.
          It’s completely understandable, I actually liked that SGA didn’t go in basically any shipping direction (ok, it was McKay/Keller but that was it) I mean it wasn’t a show that focused shipping so it was really up to everyone to decided how they wanted it and no one is right and no one is wrong.

That being said I think that a big reason for me why Sparky works is because it wasn’t supposed to be anything romantic between them which allowed it to just happen and flow naturally instead of being forced which it can sometimes be.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
          Carter should never have been there. Until today I am not able to understand what was the point of having Elizabeth replaced by Carter, when, if we look back now, Carter was not there in half of the episodes of the season. If they wanted to make episodes in which the leaders of Atlantis would not always show up, they could have done it with Elizabeth there. You are right, S5 would have been much better with Liz, certain situations would definitely happen differently, and definitely certain scenes would have been more powerful if it had been Elizabeth dealing with the situations.
          I think it was always remain a mystery and especially looking back and seeing that it wasn’t a good change that occurred as a result.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          That still holds true, so you'll have to be a little more patient...

If I keep this Titanic-mood up (sick with the flu gives you oodles of free time) I'll be writing that Titanic AU fic some time this year. *sigh* Damn you bunnies... although it'll probably won't be Sparky related... sorry.
          That sounds exiting and like a good idea and I’m curies to see what you’ll do with it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            It’s completely understandable, I actually liked that SGA didn’t go in basically any shipping direction (ok, it was McKay/Keller but that was it) I mean it wasn’t a show that focused shipping so it was really up to everyone to decided how they wanted it and no one is right and no one is wrong.

That being said I think that a big reason for me why Sparky works is because it wasn’t supposed to be anything romantic between them which allowed it to just happen and flow naturally instead of being forced which it can sometimes be.
            I would have loved if SGA had gone shippy with Sparky.
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

hiiiii thread. So I come bearing gifts - sort of. I was a part of a secret santa exchange this year (The Avengers, Clint/Natasha) and my task was to write Stargate/Avengers crossover. And I did so, and the story is called Mend. It's post season 4, with nanite!Elizabeth, it's a fix it fic, and it's a true, honest to God Elizabeth show. John is there but appears briefly. oh, and there's Vala and she was so much fun to write. Main pairing is Clint/Natasha (it was a C/N exchange after all), but Elizabeth is kicking butt and being awesome and I thought you might enjoy that.

Scary Kitty can tell you more about it, since she was my awesome awesome beta reader.

oops - chapter two is here.
              For the sake of all you hold dear, GO READ THIS FIC! It's awesome! I will say no more so I don't spoil it, but it kicks serious ass and if you love SGA and the MCU, you'll get such a kick out of watching these two worlds collide.

I would have loved if SGA had gone shippy with Sparky.
              TPTW probably would've frakked it up, though.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                I am sure they would, or maybe a miracle could have happened, a miracle of Sparkiness that would shed some light in their heads, LOL!
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

[QUOTE= You're right. This was the wrong role for Carter. Essentially it turned her into another character, and we saw little of the scientist/soldier we had grown to like and respect in SG-1. Various bits of info have come out at cons over the years since the cancellation, and now we know that AT was brought over to fulfill the last year on her contract. They did think all her SG-1 fans would come along for the ride, but made the huge mistake of writing her as Weirlite. Bad idea all the way around. They were planning to keep her, but AT left to do Sanctuary.

They also tried to diminish any reaction to losing Elizabeth, and if not for JF, would never have mentioned her again. Thank you Joe, forever and always. Joe is very loyal to his friends and many times stuck his neck out to act as a go between with the cast and TPTB. Even though by S4 they had cut him out of the loop, so to speak, he still went to them and complained loud and long about how they should put in some mention of Elizabeth. They added a couple of little things but never could stop him from making that special Elizabeth face. And he is still saying at cons that she got treated badly. Now that's loyalty.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know the stuff you have just said. Wow, that really puts it all in perspective a little. And a great deal more respect for JF dfor sticking up for TH the way he did. Now I'm more annoyed with TPTW. Thanks for this. It made very interesting reading. I think I shall enjoy the convention circuit.
                  sigpic

Comment

hiiiii thread. So I come bearing gifts - sort of. I was a part of a secret santa exchange this year (The Avengers, Clint/Natasha) and my task was to write Stargate/Avengers crossover. And I did so, and the story is called Mend. It's post season 4, with nanite!Elizabeth, it's a fix it fic, and it's a true, honest to God Elizabeth show. John is there but appears briefly. oh, and there's Vala and she was so much fun to write. Main pairing is Clint/Natasha (it was a C/N exchange after all), but Elizabeth is kicking butt and being awesome and I thought you might enjoy that.

Scary Kitty can tell you more about it, since she was my awesome awesome beta reader.

oops - chapter two is here.
                    Well, I'm not usually a fan of crossover fics but this one sounds too interesting to resist. Anuna, I am sure I have read some of your stuff before.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think you will love Downton Abbey. It's all the rage here. I went to get my hair done yesterday and it was all everyone was talking about because S3 just started up again here. I've seen all of S3 but wouldn't give away any spoilers. It was a squee fest.
                      When I start watching, I am going to keep it quiet cause one of my friends is also an avid DA-fan and she'd squee the ears off my head if she found out I was also watching after she tried multiple times, unsuccesful I might add, to get me to watch the show.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      There isn't a doubt in my mind they would have frakked it up ... badly even.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Going now to read. The passport research was easier than I expected.
                        I have to admit (even though I am a HUGE DA fan) that S3 and the CS were both let downs. After about Episode 5 it went down hill

Comment

Oh, that’s really beautiful, having Elizabeth as the soul of Atlantis and John as the heart. I have never thought about it that way before, but i definitely agree with it.
                          Thanks, Pearl!

Everything and everyone was bright and full of excitement and wonder while she was there, and to me, all of that got ripped away when Elizabeth left.

The only thing that kept the show going for me was John trudging on no matter what. It was like he didn't want to let Elizabeth's vision of Atlantis die.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Though John probably felt like he was going to give out at times.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                              Though John probably felt like he was going to give out at times.
                              That is probably very likely. Especially considering how often the woobie face showed up in Season 4 and 5.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                That is probably very likely. Especially considering how often the woobie face showed up in Season 4 and 5.
                                I don't have seasons 4 or 5. But I know what happens.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X