No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I have to admit... people are kind of sane in here... with all my years on GW - I have actually seen far crazier threads. No offence.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
      Hello, annelantis here. Am new to Gateworld and forums in general. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and also Sparky Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Welcome, Annelantis!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Cute!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and S-minus 5 hours and 10 minutes to our The Return Part 2 post-a-thon!
      I might be here today. I just hope I will not mistake the times.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Though I have to admit... people are kind of sane in here... with all my years on GW - I have actually seen far crazier threads. No offence.
      I don’t have time to visit other threads, so I will just have to believe in what you are saying.
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        I don’t have time to visit other threads, so I will just have to believe in what you are saying.
        I do have time to visit other threads but since most of them are dead as no one's around to talk to, it will get kind of lonely in them. Remember, my absolute favorite SGA characters and/or pairings are not found in here, but out there...

Comment

I'm a Titanic-geek so anything related to the ship, the history, the people, the disaster... is sure to be a win and gets me all excited.
          Completely understandable, it’s an interesting part of history that is so much bigger than one may think. I’m very fascinated with it as well though I’m no where an expert I just find it interesting and fun, I really would also love to visit that Titanic museum and actually visit Southampton at some point, just to see how it looks now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            Completely understandable, it’s an interesting part of history that is so much bigger than one may think. I’m very fascinated with it as well though I’m no where an expert I just find it interesting and fun, I really would also love to visit that Titanic museum and actually visit Southampton at some point, just to see how it looks now.
            I've been so close to Southampton twice now, and never made it that far down. When we were in Ireland last year, I was too sick to visit Cobh which was the last place Titanic passed before she set sail across the Atlantic. And when we were planning our november trip we were forced to skip Belfast yet again cause of the riots happening once more. And apparently they're still going at it cause my sister's still wary about going there. And I really want to go to the museum and see the place where the ship was built.
            And also still on the list is Halifax where they have a museum as well, as of course the graves of those who were buried there after the disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
              Welcome to GateWorld, Annelantis! I sincerely hope that you'll have a wonderful time on this site and this thread!

Er... well, I posted this yesterday, not sure if anyone has looked at it yet... but I'm self-reccing my story, "A Time to Gather Stones Together." It's set in "The Return, Part 1" during the time the team is back on Earth. It's Elizabeth-centric and contains missing scenes that fill in some gaps.

And I just read, "Just an Old Tree Swing" by Erin. This one contains some very sweet Sparky moments.

Hope your cold gets better soon!

I read "A Time To Gather Stones Together" this morning. A lovely story actually. I enjoyed it. Do you plan to write anymore? I have read so many stories since I discovered the website a couple of months ago. Haven't read "Just An Old Tree Swing" yet. But I shall do today because it sounds right up my street.

Not to blow my own trumpet but i have recently started a story on there. Called "Life as a Shadow". There's only three chapters so far. Maybe it's a bit naughty to be advertising my own stuff since I am new but it's my own way of dealing with the loss of Sparky which I am feeling very keenly since re-watching the SGA. I do miss Weir a lot.
              sigpic

Comment

Not to blow my own trumpet but i have recently started a story on there. Called "Life as a Shadow". There's only three chapters so far. Maybe it's a bit naughty to be advertising my own stuff since I am new but it's my own way of dealing with the loss of Sparky which I am feeling very keenly since re-watching the SGA. I do miss Weir a lot.
                It's possibly easier to link to your story. There's nothing wrong with self-reccing your stuff. I'm sure, people are happy to read more Sparky-fics, especially new stuff.

Comment

I do have time to visit other threads but since most of them are dead as no one's around to talk to, it will get kind of lonely in them. Remember, my absolute favorite SGA characters and/or pairings are not found in here, but out there...
                  Maybe you should try and do something to make the other threads come to live, specially the ones related with your favourite characters/pairings. I believe there is always something we can do.

Feel free to advertise your own stuff. I love fanfics, so the more there is for me to know/read, the better!
                  We all miss Elizabeth very much, so I guess I know how you feel.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    Maybe you should try and do something to make the other threads come to live, specially the ones related with your favourite characters/pairings. I believe there is always something we can do.
                    That would require people who are also fan of these characters and pairings, and there aren't that many to begin with. Most have fallen head over heels with main (male) characters and/or major pairings, and there's no room left to discuss secondary/female characters and/or minor pairings.

Hence why it's really lonely in my corner of the SG-verse.

Comment

That would require people who are also fan of these characters and pairings, and there aren't that many to begin with. Most have fallen head over heels with main (male) characters and/or major pairings, and there's no room left to discuss secondary/female characters and/or minor pairings.

I don't know exactly how you feel but I kinda know because I 'ship Sam/Daniel in SG-1 and I get very lonely in our little thread, but you never know how many fans they'll be until you try it. I think you've even got some of us in here to agree with your favourite 'ships.

Comment

Hello, annelantis here. Am new to Gateworld and forums in general. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and also Sparky Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Hey! Welcome to the thread, so tell us, what attracted you to our 'ship?

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                          I don't know exactly how you feel but I kinda know because I 'ship Sam/Daniel in SG-1 and I get very lonely in our little thread, but you never know how many fans they'll be until you try it. I think you've even got some of us in here to agree with your favourite 'ships.

I envy the major ships and main (male) characters. -- that's pretty much how I feel

Trust me, I've tried... over and over again. And still trying, keeping track where the threads go off to and drag them back up when there's new stuff to post which is usually made up of artwork and/or fanfic since discussions have pretty much ceased since the end of the show, or the death of the character(s).

Comment

There's a thread for rare pairings - it's gotten a *little* love over the holidays
                            sigpic

Comment

I am sure there must be a way for you to find people that also like the same characters as you do.
                              sigpic

Comment

I envy the major ships and main (male) characters. -- that's pretty much how I feel

Trust me, I've tried... over and over again. And still trying, keeping track where the threads go off to and drag them back up when there's new stuff to post which is usually made up of artwork and/or fanfic since discussions have pretty much ceased since the end of the show, or the death of the character(s).
                                Well at least you're trying. Yeah, I've noticed that, it's only really with major characters that the 'ships continue, but not always, some of my DA 'ships have stopped quite a bit because of deaths and it's the same with Star Trek etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X