Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    No, it wasn't that they weren't able to use it. It was that they didn't want to use it.
    Which makes it even worse!! *grrrrrr* *feeling angry*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Spoiler:

You're using information that was established after that episode to make that argument. When The Return was written, they could have used the nanites in that way if they had wanted to because there was no established canon at that point. All it would have taken is for Rodney to say "I've spent some time working on this" or "I've reprogrammed them".
    Spoiler:
    Yes, i am. But i am just saying that they might have been able to do it that way, if they wanted. I mean if they would have planned things far ahead.

Spoiler:
    All it would have taken is for Rodney to say "I've spent some time working on this" or "I've reprogrammed them".
    Exactly.

Spoiler:
    It only worked that way in Lifeline and Adrift because that's the way they needed the two episodes to go.
    Spoiler:
    They didn't need having both Lifeline and Adrift to head that way, but they wanted it, so.

Spoiler:

That's not to say The Return would have worked out better using Elizabeth, it probably wouldn't have. It may have been an option they considered in the writers room, but discarded it because it would have committed them to a much bigger Weir/nanite/replicator arc than they were comfortable with at the time. Not to mention the obvious command issues that would arise as a result.
    Spoiler:
    It wouldn't make much sense for them to use Elizabeth in "The Return" because her nanites then where not active.

Spoiler:
    I think they'd given up on her months before they axed her
    D**n them!!! *feeling angry*
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hey, everyone, I have a quick question. I would really appreciate it if everyone who sees this post answers it, because I really need to know what everyone else thinks in order to complete my fic.

Spoilers for "The Return, Part 1":

Spoiler:
      During the restaurant scene, John tells Elizabeth, "We should thank you. You're taking us to dinner, right?", and Elizabeth replies, "Cheeky!". My question is: was John making a joke? I'm asking because I have watched this scene a countless number of times, and it has always bugged me how Elizabeth seemed to be the one taking everyone else out to dinner. It wasn't made very clear in the episode, as we didn't actually see them pay, but it seemed more reasonable that the four friends (Rodney included ) would share the bill.

Here is a link to the scene on YouTube, if anyone wants to watch it again. Note how after Elizabeth says, "Cheeky!", she reaches behind her, as if she is reaching for her purse for her wallet. That is what made it seem so convincing to me; then again, I could be mistaken. Maybe she was reaching for her wallet to prepare to pay the bill with everyone else.

What do you guys think?

*Sighs* I'm really sorry to say this, but it looks like my fic isn't going to be up in time for this weekend's post-a-thon. Apparently, the beta process takes more time than I had originally anticipated it would take. It will be up as soon as it is completed.
      sigpic
      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

I'm still alive. I still have to suffer through little coughing fits but all is far better than it was yesterday or the day before.

(((hugs))) At least you'll sound convincing when you say "my precious"

So true...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Here is the link of the trailer. It's in french sorry.
        Looks awesome. Hopefully it'll be online somewhere so I can watch it. Even though my French isn't as good as it used to be (je parle un petit peu de français - c'est la deuxième langue officiel de Belgique enfin) I was perfectly able to understand it in this trailer.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
          Hey, everyone, I have a quick question. I would really appreciate it if everyone who sees this post answers it, because I really need to know what everyone else thinks in order to complete my fic.

Spoiler:
          During the restaurant scene, John tells Elizabeth, "We should thank you. You're taking us to dinner, right?", and Elizabeth replies, "Cheeky!". My question is: was John making a joke? I'm asking because I have watched this scene a countless number of times, and it has always bugged me how Elizabeth seemed to be the one taking everyone else out to dinner. It wasn't made very clear in the episode, as we didn't actually see them pay, but it seemed more reasonable that the four friends (Rodney included ) would share the bill.
          Spoiler:
          I think John was telling her as a joke, because after all the dinner had already been organised between the “guys” before Carson’s visit to her apartment, so I am guessing she was just another guest, and like you said, I think they should have probably shared the bill between all of them.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I'm still alive. I still have to suffer through little coughing fits but all is far better than it was yesterday or the day before.
          Good to know you are beginning to feel a little bit better.
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
            Spoiler:
            It wouldn't make much sense for them to use Elizabeth in "The Return" because her nanites then where not active.
            Spoiler:
            Well yeah, but they weren't active in Adrift and Lifeline either until Rodney turned them on. If they'd wanted at that point, they (the writers) could have had the nanites repair her with organic tissue if that was their desire, because the canon on it hadn't been established at that point
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post

Spoiler:

Here is a link to the scene on YouTube, if anyone wants to watch it again. Note how after Elizabeth says, "Cheeky!", she reaches behind her, as if she is reaching for her purse for her wallet. That is what made it seem so convincing to me; then again, I could be mistaken. Maybe she was reaching for her wallet to prepare to pay the bill with everyone else.

What do you guys think?

*Sighs* I'm really sorry to say this, but it looks like my fic isn't going to be up in time for this weekend's post-a-thon. Apparently, the beta process takes more time than I had originally anticipated it would take. It will be up as soon as it is completed.
              Spoiler:

It's a joke, which is why she responds with 'cheeky'. If you want to get detailed about it, I imagine they all split the bill. Plus, Elizabeth was the only one of them without an income at that point, I doubt she'd be shouting them dinner even if she did used to be their boss.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Well yeah, but they weren't active in Adrift and Lifeline either until Rodney turned them on. If they'd wanted at that point, they (the writers) could have had the nanites repair her with organic tissue if that was their desire, because the canon on it hadn't been established at that point
                Spoiler:
                You are right, the nanites were not active in Adrift and Lifeline either. But at this point they didn't have anything to repair on her, in "The Return", i mean. But the nanites did repair her in Adrift, if not she wouldn't have made it to the Replicators' planet. And there is something that always confuses me; how many kinds of nanites are there? I mean the nanites in Elizabeth were organic at this point, i mean, their only purpose was only to repair her organic tissue, right?
                sigpic

Comment

That could be interesting to find out.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    You are right, the nanites were not active in Adrift and Lifeline either. But at this point they didn't have anything to repair on her, in "The Return", i mean. But the nanites did repair her in Adrift, if not she wouldn't have made it to the Replicators' planet. And there is something that always confuses me; how many kinds of nanites are there? I mean the nanites in Elizabeth were organic at this point, i mean, their only purpose was only to repair her organic tissue, right?
                    Spoiler:

Having anything to repair is moot. In Adrift, after Rodney had activated them, they ceased having anything to repair by the time she'd woken up yet were still there.

As to your question about types, as I understood it at the time, there was still only one type of nanite. The difference you are alluding to is whether said nanite creates organic material (ie produces new bone, blood, tissue) or fashion the replicator equivalent.

What Rodney was trying to achieve (but didn't have time to) was to make the nanites repair her with organic tissue and then become inert, hence him trying to reprogramme them. This was similar to the goal of Henry Wallace in s4's Outcast, which was essentially to be able to have nanites that could be injected into a person and be programmed to do a specific task and then become inert. Elizabeth ended up with nanite/replicator bone, brain and tissue, but he was successful in making them stop at just the one resurrection (unlike with Jeannie, where they kept looking for things to fix)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      Hello!!!!!!

I hope you had a great christmas.

I just want to say that a French channel decided to make a new documentary about Stargate (movies, tv shows, etc). There are some new interviews. I will try to do some caps of it if you're interested.

Here is the link of the trailer. It's in french sorry.
                      Probie!!! *Hugs* How have you been?

The documentary sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing/reading some caps from it.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I won't be able to go online again until Wed so

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years. I hope 2013 is very good to all of us

sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! We're in the thick of College Football Bowl season, so good luck to everyone with a team still in the hunt, and congrats to SR's beloved Virginia Tech for beating Rutgers 13-10 in the Russell Athletic Bowl yesterday!

Glad to know you're feeling better and beating that cold, Falcon!

I think they'd given up on her months before they axed her
                          I think they never really gave her a chance at all.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Go Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl!!
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

And Navy in the Fight Hunger Bowl! (because that makes the Marines happy)
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Best of luck to them both, but the preference goes to the Fighting Falcons.

Comment

Working...
                                X