Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runs in* Hi everyone!!!!

I wasn't able to get to the forum for the longest time, even as a a guest! (probably has something to do with mobile and wi-fi and whatnot :

I know I've missed quite a bit of posts and pages, so I probably won't bother reading back through all of them. (just tell me if I've missed anything VERY big. Hostile takeover by mutant giraffes, that kinda thing)

(off topic run-on sentence
    Spoiler:
    Oh! We finally performed our..uh..performance. (did I ever mention my play?) The audience was a lot better on opening night than the other nights, but hey. Then by curtain call we were all crying because this is the last show our director will be doing, and it's been three years, and we all love him, and he's so great, and he wrote each of us the loveliest goodbye letters and, and, and, I just went home and cried for an hour. But I got some pretty roses at the end.

Anywaaaaayyy....Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays! because I'm not sure how to spell Hannukkah, or Qwanza

'Night!
    Daniel: You know referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental instability right?
    McKay: Yeah, mentally unstable like a FOX!

O'neill: Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?!

Elizabeth: I'm not going anywhere
    John: good, wouldn't be the same without you

Carson: You have a date Rodney? With a woman?

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Hello all! *waves*

Slightly late (but hey, still a few hours left!), but Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Nothing new to offer this year unfortunately, but here's some of my old fics appropriate to the season, with all my best wishes.

A Dream Is a Wish

And these aren't Christmas-y, but they do have snow and ice skating.
      Merry Christmas, welcome back and thanks for posting that. It's great to reread the old fics any time.

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post

I wasn't able to get to the forum for the longest time, even as a a guest! (probably has something to do with mobile and wi-fi and whatnot :

I know I've missed quite a bit of posts and pages, so I probably won't bother reading back through all of them. (just tell me if I've missed anything VERY big. Hostile takeover by mutant giraffes, that kinda thing)

Spoiler:
      Oh! We finally performed our..uh..performance. (did I ever mention my play?) The audience was a lot better on opening night than the other nights, but hey. Then by curtain call we were all crying because this is the last show our director will be doing, and it's been three years, and we all love him, and he's so great, and he wrote each of us the loveliest goodbye letters and, and, and, I just went home and cried for an hour. But I got some pretty roses at the end.

Anywaaaaayyy....Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays! because I'm not sure how to spell Hannukkah, or Qwanza

'Night!
      Merry Christmas and welcome back to you too. I can't think of anything earth shattering that you missed, but then I can't remember how long you've been gone.

We have a bunch of new members around here and some of the old faces are no longer as visible. I'm sure they will say hello.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! Hope you all had a great Christmas!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Christmas was great... it brought me 10 million new friends who partied in my throat yesterday and causing my lungs to feel like escaping my body today. Oh yeah, this is not how I envisioned my holiday to be... sneezing and coughing.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Gee, I wonder what Sparky will have in their stockings this year?
              Did anyone find out about it?

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              I have some thoughts on The Return, which I watched this morning (which I will put in spoilers because the majority of it is off topic):

Spoiler:

* there was a glaring missed opportunity here (which didn't occur to me at the time, and only occured to TPTW later on anyway so I can't fault them over it) in that instead of using Niam to upload the programme, they could have used Elizabeth. Pretty much from this point in the series onwards they had no idea what to do with her anyway, so this might have given her a new storyline without the need to remove her later on (with the qualifier that I doubt very much that we will ever know the true reasons - remember that it is an employment issue after all)
              Spoiler:
              Just like they did in “Lifeline”.

Spoiler:
              * what happened to the bits of the control room that were built out of replicator materials? I know they said they only used 'raw materials' but there's no reason they couldn't have tweaked that a little later on and had them takeover the city (and possibly Elizabeth)
              Spoiler:
              Good point. I had never thought about it before.

Spoiler:
              * the way Ronon looks at Sheppard and Teyla when they're headbutting in the control room looks almost like jealousy. I say almost because I don't really think he was jealous.
              Spoiler:
              I actually felt Ronon was quite amused at the scene.

Spoiler:
              * if they had gone 'in a different direction' and ended ep one with Heila booting them out of the city, that might have allowed Ronon and Teyla to actually go on a mission with the Genii in the next ep (while everyone back on earth was having their "what do we do now" moments). Wouldn't that have been a good way to show the Genii as an actual threat/foe? You know, show them killing the odd person because they don't have quite the same moral boundaries as the expedition? But that would have given Ronon and Teyla some development of their own, and that would be too much to ask
              I would have loved to see that!

Hello all! *waves*

Slightly late (but hey, still a few hours left!), but Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Nothing new to offer this year unfortunately, but here's some of my old fics appropriate to the season, with all my best wishes.

A Dream Is a Wish

I hope you had a great Christmas (as everyone else here in the thread). Thank you for the fics and I must say that I love your Christmas’ sig!
              sigpic
              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Christmas was great... it brought me 10 million new friends who partied in my throat yesterday and causing my lungs to feel like escaping my body today. Oh yeah, this is not how I envisioned my holiday to be... sneezing and coughing.
                I hope you will feel better soon!
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I watched the first two Librarian movies (don't judge me here, they're bad but in a good way and I just love them okay) and talk about getting inspired by the weirdest things... ...yeah, I think an old project will be brought back to life.
                  Never watched them, but as long as they will help you with ideas, go for it!

I guess it helps that I do this all the time at work.
                  Maybe you can teach me more about it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

A big thanks to everyone who wished me a happy Christmas and I hope that everyone here had a great one.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    And a Merry slightly early Christmas to you as well, Brie!!
                    Thank you, it was almost midnight here so it was only minutes away from being Christmas (we celebrate it on the 24th here) so that’s why I said it.

Originally posted by Aang View Post
                    Going on a hot date?
                    Who told you that?!
                    No one. But I was right! Who is it?! *grin* ...Okay none of my business...but ye smell nice too!
                    I love that little scene between Elizabeth and Carson; I always found all the scene with the two of them to be really great and really sweet.

The point you made about ‘The Return’ were great gateraid, and I really agree with those points you made, now it’s been a while since I saw ‘The Return’ episodes so I’m going to have to wait until next year, well, after Sunday and the Sunday after that to give my own opinion but what you wrote seem to be the same thought as I have had watching them in the past.
                    sigpic

Comment

We've got snow! lots and lots of snow (well maybe about a foot or so, but still...) and I'm off work til tomorrow and yay!
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        And Merry Christmas, poundpuppy29! We'll see you when you get back!
                        Thanks I would give you green but they won't let me so Mental Green for you

I hope all those who celebrate had a nice holiday I had an awesome one this was the first time in several years I was able to give gifts and that felt good

sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hello all! *waves*

A Dream Is a Wish

Awww, thanks for sharing! I especially love "Frosty" - I believe I reviewed that story.

Spoiler:
                          I also liked the memes for "Summer" and "Winter" by Vivaldi. I've only listened to "Autumn" before, but after reading those memes, I went to listen to the other three seasons to see where you got your inspiration from. Just a small request, but do you think that you could write a meme for "Spring" and "Autumn," too?

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post

Spoiler:

'Night!
                          Welcome back, we missed you! Nothing too big that you've missed out on, though at the risk of self-reccing, I've been working on my missing scenes fic for "The Return, Part 1." It's done and going through beta. Don't worry, you don't have to go back and search for the posts. I plan to have it up on FanFiction this weekend before the post-a-thon, which just happens to be on "The Return, Part 1," and I'll post a link on this thread for anyone who wants to read the ending or catch up.
                          sigpic
                          Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                          View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Hope you feel better soon, FH. *Sends warm blanket and big bowl of chicken noodle soup*
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                              Thank you, it was almost midnight here so it was only minutes away from being Christmas (we celebrate it on the 24th here) so that’s why I said it.
                              You're welcome. Sorry about that. I tend to forget who is in what time zone here.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                You're welcome. Sorry about that. I tend to forget who is in what time zone here.
                                I tend to forget about time zones, period
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X