X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aang View Post
    Going on a hot date?
    Who told you that?!
    No one. But I was right! Who is it?! *grin* ...Okay none of my business...but ye smell nice too!
    *Grin* I absolutely love that scene. It's really great to see how the two of them interact with each other in a mutual friendship. That scene, plus the one when Carson visited Elizabeth in "The Return, Part 1," provided me with much inspiration for the dialogue between the two of them in the last section of my fic.
    Last edited by Sequoia Hope; 28 December 2012, 05:30 PM. Reason: Deleted fic - I'll need to completely rewrite this section. :P
    sigpic
    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Not sure if I'll be around or not tomorrow so I'll just wish a Merry Christmas to all my Sparky friends now.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        That is just about the only great scene in that entire episode.
        I agree. I so love to see the interaction between Carson and Elizabeth, they almost look like siblings. I just love them both!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
        Hey, so I just wrote this penultimate section to my fic. I was on writer's block for such a long time on how to make this section interesting; I wanted it to be more than just a "filler section" so there isn't such large of a gap in time between the last section I wrote and the next, which will be a scene at the restaurant. Then inspiration suddenly struck today. I'm quite proud of this section, as it turned out to be a lot better than I had originally expected. I hope you all like it, and any feedback is much appreciated.

Spoilers for "The Return, Part 1":

Spoiler:
        “All right, that’s it.” Carson grabbed his white coat that was draped over a chair in John’s office and pulled it on. “I’m going to go visit her. Right now.”

Slouched in a chair at his desk, John briefly glanced up at Carson, then looked back down at the plane model he was holding in his hands. “What are you going to say to her?”

“The truth,” Carson determinedly replied as he adjusted his coat. “Tell her we’re worried and invite her to dinner with us tomorrow.”

“You’ll think she’ll come?” John turned over the plane model in his hands, feigning disinterest.

“I don’t know.” Carson threw his hands up in frustration. “I’ll just say I’ll come to pick her up at a specific time. She can’t possibly refuse with that.” He turned to John. “I don’t suppose you’d like to come along?”

“I’ve got a meeting with Landry later,” John alibied. “But you know,” he added as he set down his plane, “I think she’s more likely to listen if only one person goes,” he then looked up at Carson, “And I think she’s more likely to listen to you than to me.”

Carson smiled in spite of himself. “Aye, I agree.”

“I’ll make you a deal, though.” John rubbed his chin thoughtfully, pondering over his next words. “If you can get Elizabeth out of the house, and I’m pretty sure you will, I’ll pay the bill in full at dinner.”

Carson stared at him in surprise, then shook his head. “John, I can’t let you do that,” he gently declined. “You know the restaurant we’re going to is rather expensive.”

“Like I said,” John firmly reiterated, “I’ll pay. And you’ll have to humor me, Doc, when I say that this is for Rodney’s benefit.” Carson opened his mouth to protest again, but John cut him off, and there was legitimate reason in his voice as he explained. “See, McKay already knows that you’re a nice guy, and he’s naturally going to assume that you’re the one treating us to dinner. Now, if the two of us share the bill, McKay’s going to think that I’m the one who’s supposed to pay, but I’m just being cheap, and, please don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re just being nice enough to help me out. However,” John continued, “If I pay, maybe Rodney will realize, for once, that I’m a nice guy, and when the occasion arises, I will throw out the money to treat my friends to dinner at a nice restaurant. And you’ll have to believe me, Doc, when I say that I don’t mind throwing out the cash at all. It’s only one night, and I do have cash to spare.”

Carson gave a resigned sigh. “Well, I suppose if ye don’t mind...”

“Good, then it’s settled.” John nodded his head in satisfaction. “I’ll go ahead and make the reservations, and you just make sure Rodney doesn’t get lost on the road. What time is he flying in tomorrow?” he queried.

“4:30,” Carson replied.

“How does 7:15 sound to you?” John asked. “Should give him enough time to settle in at the hotel before he comes out.”

“That’s all right with me,” Carson concurred. He placed both of his hands in his coat pockets.

“Well, I suppose I’d better get going now.” He walked to the door. “I’ll see you tomorrow night, then, Colonel.”

“All right, see you,” John called.

Carson left, and John reached for the piece of paper on his desk that contained the restaurant’s name and number. He gave a small smirk as he thought of how Rodney might react to him paying tomorrow’s bill, then picked up the phone on his desk and began dialing.

I just realized that this weekend's post-a-thon will be on "The Return, Part 1" - talk about perfect timing! The very last section is actually already written; it was actually the very first section that I completed when I first started working on this, but it now has to undergo some major revision due to continuality issues. My goal is to have the entire story posted on FanFiction by this weekend before the post-a-thon, and I'll provide a link on this thread so you can all find out what happens.

*Grins* I absolutely love that scene. It's really great to see how the two of them interact with each other in a mutual friendship. That scene, plus the one when Carson visited Elizabeth in "The Return, Part 1," provided me with much inspiration for the dialogue between the two of them in the last section of my fic.
        I look forward for the last part.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Not sure if I'll be around or not tomorrow so I'll just wish a Merry Christmas to all my Sparky friends now.
        Merry Christmas, Mandogater!
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas

I leave you with a link to one of my favorite arrangements of 2 Christmas songs...
            http://youtu.be/W7B0g_TyPYE
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              I hope that will change soon. Good luck with it.
              I watched the first two Librarian movies (don't judge me here, they're bad but in a good way and I just love them okay) and talk about getting inspired by the weirdest things... ...yeah, I think an old project will be brought back to life.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              I guess i need to pay more attention to details.
              I guess it helps that I do this all the time at work.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I watched the first two Librarian movies (don't judge me here, they're bad but in a good way and I just love them okay) and talk about getting inspired by the weirdest things... ...yeah, I think an old project will be brought back to life.

I guess it helps that I do this all the time at work.

weren't those the movies with the guy from Falling Skies? what was his name? Wylie? Wyle?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  weren't those the movies with the guy from Falling Skies? what was his name? Wylie? Wyle?
                  Yup, Noah Wyle.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Yup, Noah Wyle.
                    i always wanted to see those movies but i always catch them mid film or they are on the second one.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and Merry Christmas to all!

Gee, I wonder what Sparky will have in their stockings this year?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Squee! That's so adorable! I love how they look so happy.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning Sparkies!

I've already had some not-so-good Christmas morning excitement...and here I thought I'd have a nice quiet day since the kids are with their dad. *sigh*

off to find some sparky fics to read and cheer me up...
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas Sparkies!
                            I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                            traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Given that it's no longer christmas day here, I have some thoughts on The Return, which I watched this morning (which I will put in spoilers because the majority of it is off topic):

Spoiler:

* there was a glaring missed opportunity here (which didn't occur to me at the time, and only occured to TPTW later on anyway so I can't fault them over it) in that instead of using Niam to upload the programme, they could have used Elizabeth. Pretty much from this point in the series onwards they had no idea what to do with her anyway, so this might have given her a new storyline without the need to remove her later on (with the qualifier that I doubt very much that we will ever know the true reasons - remember that it is an employment issue after all)

* what happened to the bits of the control room that were built out of replicator materials? I know they said they only used 'raw materials' but there's no reason they couldn't have tweaked that a little later on and had them takeover the city (and possibly Elizabeth)

* the SGC scenes make it clear to me that there is a lot of padding in these two eps (MG said as much with the water scenes - they'd paid for a certain amount of time, and darnit, they were going to use it all). Locking out their codes, discussing blowing up midway, adding Rodney's name to Dr Lee's list, telling the deadalus to proceed, the helia/dick/jack negotiation scene - these are all things that could have been covered in one or two lines by other people.

* the ancients. They needed more screentime. The whole point of SGA was to find weapons capable of defending earth, and to hopefully find ancients. Was it really necessary to kill them off so quickly? And offscreen no less? As much as I hate eps that don't involve Atlantis in some way, surely they could have had a bit more focus on repairing their ship (they could have even gated Weir in to 'handle things' via Midway), perhaps elaborated on the ancient/terran relationship a bit more (to illustrate that they viewed them as 'their children'). This would have made it even more shocking when they ended the episode back at Atlantis and Helia took control and booted everyone out (or alternatively, when the replicators attacked and Helia ordered the terrans back to earth). edited to add: also, they could have used some of the ancient guff later on - 'if' Shep went to see Liz, she could say

OMG I am such a fool, I didn't see this coming at all.....I've idolised the ancients for all this time, and it turns out they're not much different to us

Don't blame yourself Elizabeth, nobody saw this coming

I know, it's just.....sorry for being so angsty, I feel like a whiney teenager

*snorts* It's okay, you're allowed to be, considering the circumstances. But guess what? Today is Tuesday! You know what that means?

Ummmm, no?

Screw the Angst Tuesday!

^ kidding aside, they could have had a discussion about their feelings over the loss of Atlantis and their (now) shared disillusionment with the Ancients. And hey, you know that plague the Ancients were suffering from? Perhaps it could have affected a few of the expedition, like, i dunno, Sheppard?

* if they were worried about the replicators not seeming menacing enough (I think MG said something to the effect of "these guys?? look like people you'd see down the street" in a commentary) then why oh why not show them killing the Ancients instead of having it as a throwaway line. This was a monumental event and it should have been seen. This relegates killing them to being no different to the pizza Sheppard brought back from earth - referred to but not actually seen. We should have seen Helia trying to protect the terrans, and them killing her because of it.

* whilst I love RDA, I don't think he was written quite right here, at least not consistently. I think they would have been better to use an SG-1 writer to 'tweak' his scenes a bit *cough*Brad Wright*cough*. Some of the comedy fell flat (comedy is subjective though, so everyone's mileage will vary) in places and made it seem like he was just talking for the sake of it.

* the way Ronon looks at Sheppard and Teyla when they're headbutting in the control room looks almost like jealousy. I say almost because I don't really think he was jealous.

* if they had gone 'in a different direction' and ended ep one with Heila booting them out of the city, that might have allowed Ronon and Teyla to actually go on a mission with the Genii in the next ep (while everyone back on earth was having their "what do we do now" moments). Wouldn't that have been a good way to show the Genii as an actual threat/foe? You know, show them killing the odd person because they don't have quite the same moral boundaries as the expedition? But that would have given Ronon and Teyla some development of their own, and that would be too much to ask

* if they wanted to have a platonic hug during The Seige, then the one at then end of The Return was the way it should have been done. No sexual chemistry whatsoever. Sure, you could interpret other scenes of theirs that way if you were so inclined, but not the hug. And shame on you MG for suggesting otherwise.

* whilst I would have liked to have seen a Shep/Weir earth scene, I understand their reasons for not putting one it. I don't think it could have been done without it coming across as shippy, no matter how hard they avoided it. But I would have tweaked the bedroom scene in TR I, so I'm biased

* Also, for the writer who has been coming under a lot of fire in my comments above, the comment about how Paul should have been annoyed that they gave him a white coat - just *headdesk*. EVERYONE was wearing pretty much their standard colouring at the dinnner.

One final comment: SGA has always been a show of two extremes. It can come up with some amazing stuff (I think last week's Phantoms is one of the best in the series) but can produce a lot of bilge, and has a lot of missed opportunities. If they'd had some sort of plan, they could have produced something amazing. Instead I'm left wondering if the Midway station (building it, starting in Irresistible, to blowing it up in Midway because they only built it as a way for the team to get back to Atlantis in TR) arc was their longest running storyline
                              Last edited by gateraid; 25 December 2012, 05:27 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello all! *waves*

Slightly late (but hey, still a few hours left!), but Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Nothing new to offer this year unfortunately, but here's some of my old fics appropriate to the season, with all my best wishes.

A Dream Is a Wish

And these aren't Christmas-y, but they do have snow and ice skating.
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X