Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Yah, I kind of figured as much. He is adorable throughout the episode. I can't help but grin like an idiot when he gets to tease Elizabeth.
    Going on a hot date?
    Who told you that?!
    No one. But I was right! Who is it?! *grin* ...Okay none of my business...but ye smell nice too!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      S-minus 5 minutes to Phantoms!
      Darn it, I love Phantoms. Digging into the characters, whump (both physical and psychological), and great lines.

But I was home a little later than I had hoped, watched the end of Love Actually and then finished Halo 4 -- and OMG Halo 4 broke my heart so much, but I still love the Masterchief and Cortana to bits.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Distracted by the pants and the thigh holster, slung low. Eeep.
      Weren't you distracted with this very image last week as well?

This is the one where Joe put rocks in Paul's backpack.

Poor Paul...

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      I can't help but wonder why Teyla isn't seeing anything, if it's the wraith gene making it's apperence again or if it's anything else.
      I always assumed it was because of her genetic make-up. Although it would have been nice to have seen her worst fears play out. I guess, we had to wait until Doppelganger for that to see...

"I'm sorry for shooting everyone!"

Best. Line. Ever.
      Indeed.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
        Going on a hot date?
        Who told you that?!
        No one. But I was right! Who is it?! *grin* ...Okay none of my business...but ye smell nice too!
        Hmmm. Who's Liz going on a date with??? I think I know!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

And your point is?

I always assumed it was because of her genetic make-up. Although it would have been nice to have seen her worst fears play out. I guess, we had to wait until Doppelganger for that to see...

Indeed.
          Oh let's see. Isn't Teyla's worst fear something about John turning into a bug? Isn't that when he kissed her against her will? Man, the sarcasm just won't stop today.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*not watching the episode but has to say something*

I realized as soon as I watched it the first time that it's all their worst fears that they're seeing.

Carson unable to save a life (heartbreaking)
            Rodney unable to save the day
            John unable to save his friend
            Ronon unable to escape the Wraith

...I kind of feel bad for all of them, though I feel worst for Carson (and not just because of my obvious bias, but also because I know he never quite lets go of the guilt he feels whenever he fails to save someone's life or something). *huggles my Carson-Love* Poor guy.
            Hmmm, that's an interesting analysis. I kind of wonder what Elizabeth would have experienced if she was there. Would it be similar to her experience in "The Real World"? I believe that her worst fear is losing Atlantis, but even that is very broad. She fears losing Atlantis personally, such as in "The Real World" and "The Return, Part 1." Because Atlantis is a dream come true for her, she is also afraid of seeing Atlantis destroyed and ceasing to exist. I think that this kind of accounts for her actions in "Lifeline." She did not want to think about what would happen to her city if her team failed to escape the Replicator planet, and her sacrifice proved that she would do anything to save her city, no matter the cost.

Not sure if what I wrote is all that clear, but does anyone have any additional thoughts on this?
            sigpic
            Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
            View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
              Hmmm, that's an interesting analysis. I kind of wonder what Elizabeth would have experienced if she was there. Would it be similar to her experience in "The Real World"? I believe that her worst fear is losing Atlantis, but even that is very broad. She fears losing Atlantis personally, such as in "The Real World" and "The Return, Part 1." Because Atlantis is a dream come true for her, she is also afraid of seeing Atlantis destroyed and ceasing to exist. I think that this kind of accounts for her actions in "Lifeline." She did not want to think about what would happen to her city if her team failed to escape the Replicator planet, and her sacrifice proved that she would do anything to save her city, no matter the cost.

Not sure if what I wrote is all that clear, but does anyone have any additional thoughts on this?
              I think her hallucination might have been similar to John's in that it would have been strong enough to have her seeing a whole other place instead of Carson, Ronon and Rodney's as they only saw their fears coming true on the planet they were on, while John was back on Earth for his hallucination.

I think Liz's worst fear would be losing the city, in which case she'd probably be seeing Atlantis, being fired upon by Wraith Hives and probably a problematic ZPM. She'd be seeing the city fall to its doom, unable to do a thing to save it, but she'd be fighting for her city. Probably ordering Rodney to work out the problem with the ZPM as he says the thing he's working on is about to explode, which she hears as a "ZPM overload" and the city about to explode...hmm, I feel a plot bunny coming on for this.

Comment

"I'm sorry for shooting everyone!"

Best. Line. Ever.
                I love Phantoms for this line...oh and for the whump. I feel kinda dumb that I never realized that they were seeing their worst fears coming to life....very interesting.

Christmas with my boys was great...they loved their gifts and had fun playing and snuggling all day (I love the snuggling best) and my oldest made me a proud mama. He told me that the best part of his day was getting to go and play with his cousins for a little bit. I mean...I got the kids each a DS and his fave part was still the people and not the stuff. very proud mama indeed!
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  I love Phantoms for this line...oh and for the whump. I feel kinda dumb that I never realized that they were seeing their worst fears coming to life....very interesting.

Christmas with my boys was great...they loved their gifts and had fun playing and snuggling all day (I love the snuggling best) and my oldest made me a proud mama. He told me that the best part of his day was getting to go and play with his cousins for a little bit. I mean...I got the kids each a DS and his fave part was still the people and not the stuff. very proud mama indeed!
                  That's good!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Merry Christmas, Brie! We'll see you when you get back! *waves*

Eep! I'm a hot mess when it comes to Sunday...I'll be the one here with my hand made Carson plushie, giggling at how adorable Carson is through most of the episode and then likely trying to type through tears at the end. So many emotions with that episode.
                    I think we'll all be a hot mess when we get to Sunday.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Yah, I kind of figured as much. He is adorable throughout the episode. I can't help but grin like an idiot when he gets to tease Elizabeth.
                    Going on a hot date?
                    Who told you that?!
                    Yup. That scene with Carson teasing Lizzeh is pure comedic GOLD.

Yup.

And your point is?
                    Exactly. Hee!

Oh let's see. Isn't Teyla's worst fear something about John turning into a bug? Isn't that when he kissed her against her will? Man, the sarcasm just won't stop today.
                    Heh! But in all seriousness, yeah, John going into bug-mode seems to have left a much stronger lasting impression than one would've thought on first glance. Scarred. For. Life.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post

Oh, I'd say losing Atlantis is definitely her worst fear. And in a way, she does lose Atlantis in Lifeline; Atlantis still exists, but she's lost the life that she built there, with seemingly no hope of return.

...Though we fanfic writers know better.

You're teaching those boys right! Good for you, and I'm glad you had such a great day with them! *hugs drew tight*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I know I've been away my sparky friends but I wanted to say Merry Christmas and God bless
                      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

And your point is?
                        Good point.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                        I know I've been away my sparky friends but I wanted to say Merry Christmas and God bless
                        Happy holidays for you too, pal!
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic

Comment

That's wonderful. Glad you had such a good day.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                            We know you're always here in spirit. Merry Christmas to you too.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Wonderful as always. That reminds me of my fic for last year's Advent calendar. Pardon the blatant self promotion, but I thought it was an appropriate day to repost.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, sorry I've been away so long, but you know how life is

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone on the Sparky thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X