No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re the ongoing Steen/Higginson discussion, i agree with the 'just different' vibe. Chemistry is one of those things that is hard to guess. I know they would have had it, but whether it ended up being the same as with Joe/Torri is anyone's guess.

But having heard that Ben Browder was their first choice for Sheppard, a Steen/Browder combo makes sense to me. I'm not saying it would have been what TPTW wanted (semi-antagonistic) but its possible it would have come across as a more business-like relationship.

It's also worth noting that even General Hammond, their 'ideal' for the Weir character, did not turn out as they hoped. I recall watching a dvd special feature with Don (it was probably the s3 one) where he said that Hammond was originally intended to be a bit of a foil to O'Neill (essentially a "no" man) but the character was 'tweaked' based upon what they saw on-screen
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      LE GUTTER!!!

Gotta get some sleep, I'm exhausted! And a whole day of nothing to look forward to tomorrow. (Students taking midterm exams = bored interpreter with Internet access)

*passes out*
      It sounds a lot more classy when you almost say it in French. Heh.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Re the ongoing Steen/Higginson discussion, i agree with the 'just different' vibe. Chemistry is one of those things that is hard to guess. I know they would have had it, but whether it ended up being the same as with Joe/Torri is anyone's guess.

But having heard that Ben Browder was their first choice for Sheppard, a Steen/Browder combo makes sense to me. I'm not saying it would have been what TPTW wanted (semi-antagonistic) but its possible it would have come across as a more business-like relationship.

It's also worth noting that even General Hammond, their 'ideal' for the Weir character, did not turn out as they hoped. I recall watching a dvd special feature with Don (it was probably the s3 one) where he said that Hammond was originally intended to be a bit of a foil to O'Neill (essentially a "no" man) but the character was 'tweaked' based upon what they saw on-screen
      Too bad they didn't tweak their ship preferences a bit more. Though, come to think of it, I think they did. They were all set to go in one direction in S1, but then fan reaction and their own realization that some things just didn't work on screen changed their minds and they backed off. Why they couldn't see the perfect solution that was right in front of their eyes still baffles me after all these years.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thank goodness for "The Peacekeeper Wars".

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        It sounds a lot more classy when you almost say it in French. Heh.
        A lot of stuff does! Wee wee, poo poo.

*cracks up laughing*

Too bad they didn't tweak their ship preferences a bit more. Though, come to think of it, I think they did. They were all set to go in one direction in S1, but then fan reaction and their own realization that some things just didn't work on screen changed their minds and they backed off. Why they couldn't see the perfect solution that was right in front of their eyes still baffles me after all these years.
        Something about "you can lead TPTW to a ship, but you can't make them sail it no matter how often you hold them hostage."

Comment

*cracks up laughing*

Something about "you can lead TPTW to a ship, but you can't make them sail it no matter how often you hold them hostage."
          For some reason this popped into my mind.

TPTB1: So what do we do about that sinking ship we are pushing on SGA?

TPTB2: Call the actors and tell them the beatings will continue until the chemistry improves.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah, things just never go as TPTW planned, didn't they? *smirks*

Oh, they saw it, they just didn't want to admit they were wrong.

*cracks up laughing*
            Did you have too much Starbucks this morning?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

TPTB2: Call the actors and tell them the beatings will continue until the chemistry improves.
              *snerks* Something tells me that didn't work, either.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And then they started fighting back.

Spoiler:
                Hey, I got mobbed by a group of fans at the last con. Apparently, they think Sheppard and Weir are in a relationship.

Yeah, I met them too. They call themselves shippers? And apparently, it's called Sparky.

Jason and I met a group of them too. Apparently they think we're a couple on the show as well.

It's called Spanky.

That's great and all, but we're still getting beaten on a weekly basis.

Then how about this? We'll get all the fans excited about the ships that they like, and because the producers value the opinions of the fans so much, they'll have no choice but to change their minds and we'll stop getting beaten.

So say we all.

Six months later:

I got pink slipped. That went well.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Did you have too much Starbucks this morning?
                Actually, I didn't even go to Starbucks this morning. I'm just going stir crazy because of the lack of work today. It's mid term exam week, so classes are either 100 minutes for exams or they're a half hour with pretty much nothing for me to do. *sporks self in eye*
                Last edited by ShipperWriter; 19 December 2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

And then they started fighting back.

Spoiler:
                  Hey, I got mobbed by a group of fans at the last con. Apparently, they think Sheppard and Weir are in a relationship.

Yeah, I met them too. They call themselves shippers? And apparently, it's called Sparky.

Jason and I met a group of them too. Apparently they think we're a couple on the show as well.

It's called Spanky.

That's great and all, but we're still getting beaten on a weekly basis.

Then how about this? We'll get all the fans excited about the ships that they like, and because the producers value the opinions of the fans so much, they'll have no choice but to change their minds and we'll stop getting beaten.

So say we all.

Six months later:

I got pink slipped. That went well.

Actually, I didn't even go to Starbucks this morning. I'm just going stir crazy because of the lack of work today. It's mid term exam week, so classes are either 100 minutes for exams or they're a half hour with pretty much nothing for me to do. *sporks self in eye*
                  See I knew somebody would take my little dialogue and run with it. I was suspecting it would be gateraid, but I'm not surprised it was you.

Now back to cookie baking. Hint: Paula Deen's Hidden Mint Cookies are the easiest on the planet and look like you slaved all day. Sprinkle a little flour on your face, and you're good to go. I couldn't find the mint wafers, so I used thin mint cookies. She also said you can use those bite size candy bars. This is the perfect recipe for non-cooks.
                  sigpic

Comment

See I knew somebody would take my little dialogue and run with it. I was suspecting it would be gateraid, but I'm not surprised it was you.
                    Thanks for the complement? LOL I'm sure gateraid will be able to add his 2 cents worth as well. But I doubt he's awake yet.

Now back to cookie baking. Hint: Paula Deen's Hidden Mint Cookies are the easiest on the planet and look like you slaved all day. Sprinkle a little flour on your face, and you're good to go. I couldn't find the mint wafers, so I used thin mint cookies. She also said you can use those bite size candy bars. This is the perfect recipe for non-cooks.
                    Ooh, those sound good!

Comment

sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Aah. Casual Sparky. Love them!

Comment

That picture *is* pretty nice!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Damn, I looked for that picture all over the web... and couldn't find it. Wanted to use that for my first Sparky Advent entry.

Oh well...

Anyhoodle, I was complimented on my good taste today. [see below spoiler as to why]

Spoiler:
                            One of four male colleagues on our side of the building was throwing a fit something wasn't working on his computer, and the one right next to him told him to take a deep breath, look at his ladies (a poster right in front of him which has sexy office ladies on it) and move on. I casually added that at least he had ladies to look at, while I couldn't use that trick around my desk. And then my colleague snorted and mentioned I probably had one hanging in my bedroom or something. Affirmative when I have the time to figure out how to hang up my signed wallposter of Torri Higginson. So she was curious and I send her the image after which she told me I have good taste in women.

For those not in the know... it's this image in very good quality and on a very big poster.

Spoiler:
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post

Now, here's something that I've written. Just another missing scene from "The Return, Part 1"... It's short, but I hope it satisfies.
                              I like this a lot..it's a nice look into her feelings about being back on Earth and pushing everyone away...nicely done!

I've thought about that too. I never say "never" because there is some weird shipping going around out there, but it's very unlikely they would have gained as large a following as Sparky. I think they would have had either a nice friendship chemistry or the conflict originally planned by TPTB would have worked better.

That is happening to me too. My husband's 89 year old aunt is getting rid of lots of stuff, most of which her daughter doesn't want. So, guess who is next in line? It's all in boxes in my basement. LOL

The best gifts to me these days are food and wine. LOL

I take it you never watched SG-1 because she was originally played by Jessica Steen and lots of people couldn't imagine anyone other than her playing Elizabeth Weir, but Torri turned out to be great. Steen was fine but they softened the character a lot when Torri came along. Plus she was younger.
                              True story about crazy ships...never thought of that lol. I remember Steen from NCIS too and that may be why I have a hard time shipping her Weir with Shep. But again, her Weir could've been closer to what we got (and love) after all, so who knows?

It was just one of those things that popped into my head..

so I *almost* have my sparky advent fic done when I hear a song this morning that *ahem* sparks *ahem* another, angsty, fic idea. *sigh* now what!?
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                so I *almost* have my sparky advent fic done when I hear a song this morning that *ahem* sparks *ahem* another, angsty, fic idea. *sigh* now what!?
                                *blushes* I haven't finished mine yet either. But once its done, I'm sure people will like it!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X