No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was sitting at work while the kids were napping today and was thinking about how, imo, Sparky wouldn't have happened if Jessica Steen had stayed on as Elizabeth instead of signing onto another project, giving us Torri instead.

I think about weird things at work....
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Clever girl. I was talking to a friend about that just yesterday. Neither of us could think of anything when our kids asked what we wanted for Christmas. We both have enough crap and want to get rid of half of what we have. We are thinking about starting to unload it on give it to our children, even though there's a good chance they would sell it on eBay. LOL All I asked was that they please don't give me anything that has to be dusted.
      That's what my mom did when she and my dad retired to FL! i got lots of stuff that I'll never in a million years use but i felt bad saying no so i just took it. a lot of it got left behind when i had to move at the last minute and could only take the bare essentials...

my mother also has the "nothing that needs to be dusted" rule...I made her a CD of some of my favorite worship songs and bought her a copy of the CD my church's worship team wrote and produced for Christmas
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        So I was sitting at work while the kids were napping today and was thinking about how, imo, Sparky wouldn't have happened if Jessica Steen had stayed on as Elizabeth instead of signing onto another project, giving us Torri instead.

I can't even think of anyone other than Torri Higginson as Elizabeth Weir.
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          *sigh* This was what I managed to get done on my AU HS fic today.

Spoiler:
          Taylor made it through the audition. But on the penultimate day before the opening, he came down with a stomach bug. He wanted to soldier on, but Rosalie was refusing to kiss him.

Elizabeth couldn't blame her.

So the backup was on stage, and they were doing the kissing scene with the grace of two sumo wrestlers.

Next to her, John groaned in discomfort and shuddered. She hid a smirk; his appearances at the rehearsals were unusual but welcome. Even though he claimed he was just here to make sure Taylor and some of the other players did well, she detected ulterior motives.

They had flirted as long as they had known each other. Sometimes it was subtle; other times, it was too direct. No matter who had initiated it, John would start moving around in what he probably assumed were unnoticeable ways. Like the shuffling of feet on the ground, running of his hands through his hair, quickly changing the subject.

All were little things that, for some reason, made Elizabeth even more attracted to him.

When Brandon and Rosalie glared at each other, John huffed and stood up. "Okay, that's it," he declared in consternation.

Elizabeth crossed her arms; this was going to be interesting.

What she didn't expect was for John to grab her by the hand and yank her out of her chair, pulling her on stage with him.

"John, what are you doing?" she asked in a frenzied whisper as she went up the steps, attempting to do so without falling over.

"How's your memory?" was his murmured response as they stood on stage, next to the confused drama students -- as well as a confused government teacher.

"Okay, you got the lines down. Good job. Now really do it! You're not just standing here, reciting your lines in a monotone fashion. If we wanted that, we would've just listened to Coach Dex reading the play."

The boys snickered. Some of the girls looked hopeful for a moment.

John turned to look at Elizabeth for a fleeting moment, and he winked at her. Suddenly, his comment to her made sense.

Oh no.

"Brandon, you have to make us believe that you fell in love with Rosalie the instant you saw her, and you would risk being caught, even death, just to see her," John instructed, gesturing between the two teenagers, yet his eyes were on Elizabeth.

She quickly caught up to him. "And Rosalie, you have to stand there, pleading your feelings to the heavens, and not care who's listening. Right now, the only two people in the world are you and Romeo."

Rosalie was a good actress, but she was obviously nervous about acting this scene out with Brandon, a boy that she had barely seen over the course of practicing for the play.

Elizabeth bowed her head and quietly sighed. Here goes nothing.

Virtual brownies to whoever knows what's gonna happen next.
          What?! No, ShipperWriter, why did you stop there?! That was truly a killer place to stop.
          Spoiler:
          I really love the idea of John pulling her on stage and taking over the instruction, then kissing Elizabeth in front of all the students. I think that that though Elizabeth is aware of the flirting between them, she didn't think that John would seize an opportunity like this. And she can't really back out. Goodness, whatever will the students think?

Please, please, please update soon! *sends virtual carrots to your fic bunnies*

Now, here's something that I've written. Just another missing scene from "The Return, Part 1"... It's short, but I hope it satisfies.

Spoilers for "The Return, Part 1":

Spoiler:
          Ring... Ring... Ring... Rin -- Hello, you’ve reached the household of Doctor Elizabeth Weir, who is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the beep, and she will call you back as soon as possible. Thank you. (Beep) Elizabeth, this is John. (Pause) I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but this is the third time that I’ve called you since we came back from Atlantis. I kind of doubt that I’ve been dialing the wrong number repeatedly. (Pause) Look, I don’t know if you’ve been busy or what and just haven’t had time to call or visit, but... well, Rodney and Carson have been wondering about you, too, and... I don’t know, it’d just be nice to hear from you, even if it’s just to say hi and ask how we’re doing. (Pause) Look, just... just give me a call, all right? (End message)

The ticking of the clock could be heard. One didn’t have to listen hard to realize that the steady tick-tock was the only sound in the room. Outside, birds chirped, and cars passing by the small apartment approached with an effortless whirr of the tires, crescendoing as they neared and then just as quickly fading away into the distance.

Elizabeth set down her pen and rubbed her temple. She closed her eyes, unable to write anymore, her thoughts disrupted and now in disarray. She shifted her position on the couch and turned towards the window, staring at the closed curtains in frustration. Weak afternoon sunlight was futile in its attempts to light up the poorly lit room.

It really didn’t help at all when her friends kept calling her, and she wished they would just stop. She knew that they were concerned, wondering why she never called, wondering why she had left without seeing them that day at the SGC. That is, if they had even found out that she had visited. And more likely than not, they probably had. She didn’t know what she could say about that.

She didn’t know why she was doing this to herself. She knew that she was being selfish by avoiding them, but she just couldn’t pick up the phone. She couldn’t bear to talk to those who had once been a part of her life back in Atlantis. She knew others may go to their former colleagues and friends for companionship and support through a time of transition, a time of change. For Elizabeth, though, doing so would only remind her of what had been lost and can never be regained, not for a long time.

Right now, all she wanted to do was scatter the stones of her old life in Atlantis. Scatter the memories. Scatter the friendships. Maybe the pain will eventually go away.

Though she doubted that very much.

Elizabeth frustratingly glanced over at the telephone sitting at a small round table across the room. Beside the phone was an answering machine, and she could see a red “1” flashing on the display. She bit her lip uncertainly, unsure of what she was about to do, before slowly getting up and walking over to the phone. She stared at the answering machine for a long moment before pressing “Play.”

Elizabeth, this is Jo --

She pressed “Delete.”

The ticking of the clock could be heard. The steady tick-tock was the only sound in the room as Elizabeth blankly stared at the display, now flashing “0.”

As always, any feedback I can get is very much appreciated. These are just some of my own thoughts and questions:
          Spoiler:
          Any general comments on Elizabeth's train of thought? Too short? Is there anything that I should add? I'm trying to depict Elizabeth's adamancy in pushing her friends away, yet also a faint sense of doubt and maybe even guilt that she's making the wrong choice in doing so. I hope that shines through, specifically in her uncertainty and hesitation before deleting John's message. Also, I hope that the stones analogy makes sense. I'm trying to symbolize how during this particularly difficult time for Elizabeth, she's trying to scatter stones, but you will later see how she realizes that it's not a time to scatter stones, but a time to gather stones together.
          Last edited by Sequoia Hope; 17 December 2012, 07:23 PM.
          sigpic
          Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
          View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

I think SW may have stopped there on purpose, Sparks of Atlantis!
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
              I think SW may have stopped there on purpose, Sparks of Atlantis!
              Yes, I am aware of that. I was complimenting on her ability to end on a killer cliffhanger.
              sigpic
              Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
              View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                Yes, I am aware of that. I was complimenting on her ability to end on a killer cliffhanger.
                It was a good cliffhanger, I'll grant her that! But it doesn't stop it from being any less tormenting for those of us that really want to see them kiss!

Comment

Hey Sparkies!
                  I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                  traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

I've thought about that too. I never say "never" because there is some weird shipping going around out there, but it's very unlikely they would have gained as large a following as Sparky. I think they would have had either a nice friendship chemistry or the conflict originally planned by TPTB would have worked better.

That's what my mom did when she and my dad retired to FL! i got lots of stuff that I'll never in a million years use but i felt bad saying no so i just took it. a lot of it got left behind when i had to move at the last minute and could only take the bare essentials...

my mother also has the "nothing that needs to be dusted" rule...I made her a CD of some of my favorite worship songs and bought her a copy of the CD my church's worship team wrote and produced for Christmas
                    That is happening to me too. My husband's 89 year old aunt is getting rid of lots of stuff, most of which her daughter doesn't want. So, guess who is next in line? It's all in boxes in my basement. LOL

The best gifts to me these days are food and wine. LOL

I take it you never watched SG-1 because she was originally played by Jessica Steen and lots of people couldn't imagine anyone other than her playing Elizabeth Weir, but Torri turned out to be great. Steen was fine but they softened the character a lot when Torri came along. Plus she was younger.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning! Students are reviewing for mid terms, which leaves me with some free time. I have some RL work to do, but thought I'd check in here first!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      I LOVE it, SW!!!!!

Hurry up with the rest of it, please. *Attempts John Sheppard puppy dog eyes*
                      Hahahaha, soon, kemosabe.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                      What?! No, ShipperWriter, why did you stop there?! That was truly a killer place to stop.
                      Spoiler:
                      I really love the idea of John pulling her on stage and taking over the instruction, then kissing Elizabeth in front of all the students. I think that that though Elizabeth is aware of the flirting between them, she didn't think that John would seize an opportunity like this. And she can't really back out. Goodness, whatever will the students think?

Please, please, please update soon! *sends virtual carrots to your fic bunnies*
                      First things first. I love your sig. *iz proud*

Second,
                      Spoiler:
                      you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Kind of a twist on the kiss from TLG, where Elizabeth initiated and John just kinda stared in shock. You and Sparky She-Demon are on the right path ...

I take it you never watched SG-1 because she was originally played by Jessica Steen and lots of people couldn't imagine anyone other than her playing Elizabeth Weir, but Torri turned out to be great. Steen was fine but they softened the character a lot when Torri came along. Plus she was younger.
                      Yeah, I saw Jessica Steen in "The Lost City" as Elizabeth and I disliked her just because she was the new kid on campus, but as an actor she played the role very well. I was happy to see her show up again on NCIS. Just as a side note:
                      Spoiler:
                      interesting that both actresses to play Elizabeth have guest starred on NCIS. Makes me wanna see Joe Flanigan cameo even more.

But I agree that Sheppard/Weir's relationship would be very different if Jessica Steen had stayed on.

I've thought about that too. I never say "never" because there is some weird shipping going around out there...
                      *shudders*

That's all.

Comment

And g'morning, McBecklover! *waves*

And thanks to JT as well. Almost forgot you. Never may that be so. *hugs*

Comment

Its night for me & I'm going now....

Good night Sparkies!
                          I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                          traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            Good morning! Students are reviewing for mid terms, which leaves me with some free time. I have some RL work to do, but thought I'd check in here first!

Hahahaha, soon, kemosabe.

First things first. I love your sig. *iz proud*

Second,
                            Spoiler:
                            you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Kind of a twist on the kiss from TLG, where Elizabeth initiated and John just kinda stared in shock. You and Sparky She-Demon are on the right path ...

Yeah, I saw Jessica Steen in "The Lost City" as Elizabeth and I disliked her just because she was the new kid on campus, but as an actor she played the role very well. I was happy to see her show up again on NCIS. Just as a side note:
                            Spoiler:
                            interesting that both actresses to play Elizabeth have guest starred on NCIS. Makes me wanna see Joe Flanigan cameo even more.

But I agree that Sheppard/Weir's relationship would be very different if Jessica Steen had stayed on.

*shudders*

That's all.
                            Thanks for saying all that! I'm still working on my fanfic, it may be a little late in coming. Sorry!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I kinda sorta agree. I think SR is right that there probably would've been a Sparky movement among the fans (because let's face it, they'll ship just about anything! ), but it wouldn't have been as big as it is with Torri. And I think the major reason why is chemistry. Torri and Joe have it... I don't know if Jessica and Joe would have though.

I never say "never" because there is some weird shipping going around out there
                              I just have to LOL at this line. So very true.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Torri and Joe did have pretty good chemistry! I can only name a few other couples that had as good an onscreen chemistry as they did!

Comment

Working...
                                X