Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I wish they would stop casting him against women who seem to have just been chosen for their appearance. But I'm being judgmental. She may be the world's best actor. Who's to say.
    Kelly Brook is a terrible actor, in my opinion. Though keep in mind I only saw her in one role on Smallville. Maybe she has grown since then. At least back in 2001 she was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
      Kelly Brook is a terrible actor, in my opinion. Though keep in mind I only saw her in one role on Smallville. Maybe she has grown since then. At least back in 2001 she was terrible.
      You need actresses that are good looking but can play characters who can take his garbage and throw it right back at him. Also, we got a little spoiled with the on-screen chemistry between him and Torri I think...
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

*iz distracted*

And also, not paying much attention to my 3D model. I hope it doesn't feel neglected soon... *iz bored too*

Anyhoodle - not all actors are gifted with the talent to be good. And some could really use a few acting lessons along the way. But hey, to anyone who thinks it's easypeasy... it's really not. It's bloody hard work.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          *iz distracted*

And also, not paying much attention to my 3D model. I hope it doesn't feel neglected soon... *iz bored too*

Anyhoodle - not all actors are gifted with the talent to be good. And some could really use a few acting lessons along the way. But hey, to anyone who thinks it's easypeasy... it's really not. It's bloody hard work.
          Oh I know it's not easy. Trust me on that. If it's hard at the high school level, I can only imagine what it's like on the professional level!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

You in highschool plays? Or aren't you in highschool anymore?

I remember you mentioning homework somewhere.

Comment

You in highschool plays? Or aren't you in highschool anymore?

I remember you mentioning homework somewhere.
              I was in high school plays. I'm in college now, university to you. I did some acting and some tech crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                I was in high school plays. I'm in college now, university to you. I did some acting and some tech crew.
                We didn't have that sort of thing - plays I mean. It was all study, study, study and more studying.

What are you studying if I may be so curious?

Comment

We didn't have that sort of thing - plays I mean. It was all study, study, study and more studying.

What are you studying if I may be so curious?
                  I'm studying History.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    I'm studying History.
                    Right up my ally... I was in Archaeology for two years.

Comment

Love the new fic snippet, ShipperWriter!

As someone who studied theatre in college, I can second this. It is damn tough. Learning your lines, learning your marks, voice work, adjusting your ability to emote from a 2,000-seat proscenium theatre to a 50-seat theatre in the round... yeah. Anyone who can do it and do it well is a trooper of the highest caliber.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sorry, everyone, today just passing through, but i have had this thought on my head all day today and so i want to share it with you all.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe it would have been better if Elizabeth had never travelled off world in the Pegasus Galaxy and had always remained in Atlantis? I mean if we look at it, a lot of bad things happened to her every time she stepped through the Gate when she travelled to other planets in the Pegasus Galaxy.

First she passed out when she went to that mist planet in "Home", then she was blindfolded on the Genii planet in "The Siege part II", then i don't even want to mention "Progeny".

Hummm...Ok, she also went three other times off world and nothing happened to her, like in "Condemned", "Inferno" and "Epiphany". But even though...

Oh and just before i go, i skimmed through some of the latest posts and was shocked to know that there are still some Sparky fans who haven't watched "The Real World". How is that possible?!
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                          Has anyone ever thought that maybe it would have been better if Elizabeth had never travelled off world in the Pegasus Galaxy and had always remained in Atlantis? I mean if we look at it, a lot of bad things happened to her every time she stepped through the Gate when she travelled to other planets in the Pegasus Galaxy.
                          FYI, Kate Heightmeyer never left Atlantis, except for that one time during the storm and she got killed in the city. So, going or not going off-world really isn't going to prolongue the life any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Screencaps thanks to our friend SGAFan are here and here and a clip of a certain scene is here. The clip may not meet the PG standards of the forum, so I hope it's okay to put here. If it weren't for teh hair and the bracelet, you'd never know it's Joe. LOL
                            Oh yeah. I'd seen that clip before, then promptly poured bleach on my brain. The stills of JoeF are much better than that garbage.

This scene reminds me of the coffee scene in The Intruder, so I'd say John is not too talkative. He's awkward as usual, but sounds in character.

Now, the red pen comes out.

1. This sentence sounds a bit awkward , so it would be better to say something like, "John Sheppard clicked his pen just as someone knocked on the door."

2. Awkward again. Try "He leaned forward, groaning in unison with his chair."

3. complementary complimentary

4. "in embarrassment at being caught"

Now the rest of you see how the sausage is made. You are brave to ask for the red pen of doom to come out in public. Hopefully, I didn't miss anything.
                            I love criticism. It lets me know that someone is paying attention. Though that's a moot point because I asked for it. Oh well. LOL. Thanks for the pointers, SR!

*goes to edit story*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Love the new fic snippet, ShipperWriter!

As someone who studied theatre in college, I can second this. It is damn tough. Learning your lines, learning your marks, voice work, adjusting your ability to emote from a 2,000-seat proscenium theatre to a 50-seat theatre in the round... yeah. Anyone who can do it and do it well is a trooper of the highest caliber.
                            Thank you!

I couldn't even imagine how to do that. I tip my hat to anyone who's done it.

Sorry, everyone, today just passing through, but i have had this thought on my head all day today and so i want to share it with you all.

First she passed out when she went to that mist planet in "Home", then she was blindfolded on the Genii planet in "The Siege part II", then i don't even want to mention "Progeny".

Hummm...Ok, she also went three other times off world and nothing happened to her, like in "Condemned", "Inferno" and "Epiphany". But even though...

Oh and just before i go, i skimmed through some of the latest posts and was shocked to know that there are still some Sparky fans who haven't watched "The Real World". How is that possible?!
                            Yeah, probably. I mean, General Hammond barely went off world and he led a pretty uneventful life. No death threats, alien kidnappings... for the most part. And yet, if Elizabeth had always stayed on Atlantis, we never would've had the following conversations:

"The beard is interesting."

"Wouldn't be the same without you."

"Distracted? ... Hot? ... Smitten?" which leads to one of the cutest looks ever:

Just sayin'.

Comment

FYI, Kate Heightmeyer never left Atlantis, except for that one time during the storm and she got killed in the city. So, going or not going off-world really isn't going to prolongue the life any more.
                              And that. *pets Lemming*

Comment

I’m actually pretty sure that Elizabeth went off-world more often than we saw, I mean there were several other teams other than Shep’s one and I bet that she had to negotiate with several of them. I base this off firstly all of the artifacts in her office, we don’t know the origin of them but I have the feeling that many of them could possibly be gifts that she reserved from either people she visited to negotiate with or people that might have come to Atlantis, I dunno, but it’s also notable especially in ‘Condemned’ by how well Elizabeth works with Lorne’s team which could mean nothing but seem to indicate that it’s not the first time they have travelled together off-world to do something, and yeah, she is the commanding officer so they know each other but it was just in the way that they worked where Lorne knew what she wanted by just a single look that tells me that it’s more than that.

But it’s also like FH said, it’s not only Elizabeth but Kate and Carson that spend most of their time on the base that gets killed off. You also have to remember that the shows first three seasons centers mostly around Shep’s team and when we got to see Elizabeth go off world she was usually with them and let’s face it, they do have the tendency to get into trouble more time than not but it’s a TV-show and it would be boring if everything just went according to plan all the time and sometimes it’s the people you least expect that gets caught in the crossfire (and in Elizabeth’s case that would be literally since she was against attacking the Asuran home world and then got hurt when the Asurans fought back, maybe if they had listened to her she would still be alive today)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X