Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Fun fact about Wizard of Oz - the dress Judy Garland was wearing in that film was recently auctioned in a batch of Hollywood related items and made a whoopin' 480,000$.

I love that film so much.

@Gateraid
    I'm on Team Kate!

I couldn't green you so just wanna say - YOU ROCK DUDE!!!
    Sweeet, and the ruby slippers are here in the Smithsonian.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Sweeet, and the ruby slippers are here in the Smithsonian.
      Nice!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's kind of weird, cause the thing is, I always considered John to be Kate's most difficult patient (next to Ronon I imagine). So, on that notion, I would dare to guess they weren't BFF's.
        I’m pretty sure that for either of them to be go and see her someone (mostly Elizabeth in John’s case and Teyla in Ronon’s case) had to order/drag them to her. It’s like the scene with the two of them in ‘Sunday’ and I bet that’s about as much as she would get out of them.

Ronon went to visit her when she was out cold in Adrift. Teyla practically fell apart boxing up Elizabeth's things, where Ronon comes in and joins in the falling apart. Rodney ... he might not have shown it the way he was convinced he'd get Elizabeth's job.

So no, it wasn't just John...
        Ronon also shows that he misses her in ‘Reunion’ by being the only one to not jump for joy of having Carter there, his reaction to new leadership and how everything went down was the only one I found to be realistic. And while McKay didn’t show much at first the whole end scene between him and Zelenka in ‘TMC’ gave away how much he was really hurting.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I knew I forgot to comment on something. It was about replacing Kate. The Legacy books do have a new psychologist, and she is suddenly John's BFF. Now how OOC is that? But from what I hear, the departure from canon in those books is epic.
        I thought about reading them until the totally out of control mindfrak with Kanaan and the Athosians, and Kanaan and Teyla... the way their relationship was handled pretty much turned me off. And some other stuff that shall remain unspoken...

As to your question...

Spoiler:
        No, Elizabeth doesn't return. To the author's who claim their books are canon (which they are so not) Elizabeth's dead.
        I haven’t read the books either but I did just look though them but the amount of off-canon stuff would be funny it wasn’t so sad. I reacted to the same things you did FH, but I also didn’t like the part about ‘War and Peace’ (it’s special and should be treated as such) and other pieces of literature that was changed from canon to fit in the authors mind.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        *shakes head sadly over the lack of appreciation for the classics*

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...anksgiving.png
        Love it Nolamom, it’s very nice of them to invite the wraith, who knows, maybe they’ll get the taste for turkey instead of people.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

For you newbies, this calendar has art or fic or a manip or video for Dec 1st through Dec 25th. You can post up to 2 days. Ultimately it becomes a calendar with a beautiful background.

Last year our lovely and talented Madness reigns created the background.

Is she around here, lurking? I hope she can be involved if she has time, because her stuff is just way above anything I can create.

Anyway, I hope you all feel free to sign up for a day or two.
          I was planning to do some Sparky Christmas art so maybe I’ll sign up for something, I’ll have to check first to see if I can get into live journal though, I might have some old account out there somewhere. I have seen the previous year’s ones though and loved all of them.
          sigpic

Comment

It's FH or Lemming btw... whichever you wanna use. Falcon Horus is just too long... or Heightmeyer's Lemming but that's even longer ... unless you copy and paste.

I did briefly but didn't make it past the first few sentences - I was on my phone and my lunchbreak was over.
            Okay, FH. How's it going for you right now?
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

You can all call me Mord'Sith if you please. I can deliver the pain pretty quickly and ruthlessly when needed, as many ppl here already know. LOL.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                I was planning to do some Sparky Christmas art so maybe I’ll sign up for something, I’ll have to check first to see if I can get into live journal though, I might have some old account out there somewhere. I have seen the previous year’s ones though and loved all of them.
                I signed up - or so I think - but the thing is I can't for the life of me remember what I wrote last time...

*goes to check*

OH, I did Honor Of A Dance...

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                Okay, FH. How's it going for you right now?
                I'm working - designing a card to announce the birth of a baby-girl, future daughter of one of my best friends, in December (or could be January - depending on how over due she'll be).

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                You can all call me Mord'Sith if you please. I can deliver the pain pretty quickly and ruthlessly when needed, as many ppl here already know. LOL.

Though I obey only one mistress at the time:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

For you newbies, this calendar has art or fic or a manip or video for Dec 1st through Dec 25th. You can post up to 2 days. Ultimately it becomes a calendar with a beautiful background.

Last year our lovely and talented Madness reigns created the background.

Is she around here, lurking? I hope she can be involved if she has time, because her stuff is just way above anything I can create.

Anyway, I hope you all feel free to sign up for a day or two.
                  Can I have December 18th please? And FH, good luck for your friend!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Can I have December 18th please? And FH, good luck for your friend!
                    I think you have to sign up at the LJ comm.

Thx.

Comment

I think you have to sign up at the LJ comm.

Thx.
                      I don't have a livejournal, but when I looked at the instructions, I noticed that it said that you don't have to have a livejournal account to participate.

Comment

I don't have a livejournal, but when I looked at the instructions, I noticed that it said that you don't have to have a livejournal account to participate.
                        In that case, you should be okay... nevertheless, send JT a PM to be sure so no one else claims the 18th before you.

Comment

In that case, you should be okay... nevertheless, send JT a PM to be sure so no one else claims the 18th before you.
                          Just did that!

Comment

One thing that I haven't figured out to do yet is the spoiler icons.
                            In the beginning i also had problems to figure out how to use the spoilers icon, but then, i am not sure if someone point it out to me, how to do it, or then if i just checked about it on the FAQ here of the forum, you can find some useful information about how things work here in the forum, that is if you will have time to read it.

That's kind of weird, cause the thing is, I always considered John to be Kate's most difficult patient (next to Ronon I imagine). So, on that notion, I would dare to guess they weren't BFF's.
                            I am not sure if Ronon would be worse than John, Ronon can be a sweet and open person as well, and he is probably more capable to open up than John, IMO.

Yes, encouraging new writers to explore their ability to write is never a bad thing, but they shouldn't be afraid to go and ask for help. Even the best have beta's to help them with their stories.

Look at SGA-R -> in my opinion it has some of the best writers employed in the fandom (and I'm not saying this because I'm biased - it's the truth) but they still rely on the help of betas who check for spelling errors, grammatical errors, continuity, characterization, storytelling, fact checking...
                            Yes, i agree, specially if they are feeling insecure about their own writing, i agree that they should ask for help and talk to someone more experienced.

I believe it has, yes! Not that other writers aren't good, but maybe not that experienced. They are professionals.

Plotbunnies are constantly given up for adoption. There's even a thread in the fanfic-section here where you can give bunnies away.
                            I am willing to give mine for adoption, that's for sure, since i don't write. But i am just not sure if mine are good enough for writers to want to look at it. Oh, i didn't know about the thread in which we can give away our bunnies. Thanks for telling me about it.

Ronon went to visit her when she was out cold in Adrift. Teyla practically fell apart boxing up Elizabeth's things, where Ronon comes in and joins in the falling apart. Rodney ... he might not have shown it the way he was convinced he'd get Elizabeth's job.

So no, it wasn't just John...
                            Oh... those...

Yeah, the way Rodney was all exciting when he thought he was going to get Elizabeth's job, that didn't show me any signs of trauma.

I thought about reading them until the totally out of control mindfrak with Kanaan and the Athosians, and Kanaan and Teyla... the way their relationship was handled pretty much turned me off. And some other stuff that shall remain unspoken...

As to your question...

Spoiler:
                            No, Elizabeth doesn't return. To the author's who claim their books are canon (which they are so not) Elizabeth's dead.
                            But have you reached that part in which
                            Spoiler:
                            Elizabeth appears to Rodney and she gives us the impression that she had ascended?

Well, here's my first attempt at posting some of my story on the threads. This was written in concert with my beta reader. Hope you guys like it.

Spoiler:
                            Although John had taken Woolsey's news with the placid face of a soldier that he had been wearing since Elizabeth had been taken, the facade slipped once Woolsey was out the door. After watching Woolsey pull away in his car, John turned from the window and immediately made a bee-line for the liquor cabinet, where he poured himself a large glass of whiskey which he took in one mouthful, wincing as the taste burnt his mouth. Sensing a change in countenance, Rodney and Carson exchanged a nervous glance before settling their eyes on John warily.
                            'You have to go and talk to her.' John said, pointing his glass at Carson.
                            'Elizabeth? I don't think they'll -' Carson said nervously.
                            'Laura.'
                            Carson laughed nervously, 'I don't see what good that will do.'
                            'She can help us.' John said resolutely.
                            'Do what exactly?' Carson asked.
                            'Rescue Elizabeth.'
                            'Oh God.' Rodney muttered.
                            Hearing this, John turned the malice in his eye on to Rodney, who shifted his glance away to stare out of the window and surreptitiously nudged Carson.
                            'I – we – want to get Elizabeth back as much as you do, but I don't think me of all people talking to Laura is going to help.' Carson said sympathetically.
                            'It's been eight years Carson.' John spat.
                            'Aye and I remember how uncomfortable you were about seeing Elizabeth again.' Carson said in a raised tone, which he immediately regretted and blushed.
                            'And thanks to you I might not get the chance to see her again.' John said.
                            'You can't put this one on me.' Carson said.
                            'Oh I think I can. You are going to see her.' John said maliciously.
                            'Why can't you go and see her? You know superior officer and all that.' Rodney said, hoping to relieve the tension.
                            'It would sound better coming from him.' John said, his eyes remaining firmly on Carson.
                            'I don't think it would, son.' Carson said, gravely.
                            'Either way, if you don't want those two kids who have already been through hell to lose their Mom, then you are gonna to talk to her.' John growled.
                            'You know that's not what I want and if there was any other way...' Carson protested.
                            Unable to suppress the emotions and exhaustion of the last few weeks for any longer, John spun round and hurled the glass that he had been gripping against the opposite wall. Angry at Carson for pushing him to this, he turned to see his reaction, but was greeted with Carson's back as he hurriedly left the room. Instead he was left with the piercing glare of mingled worry and fear of Rodney, which seemed to calming effect on him, and he staggered back towards the sofa and collapsed with his head in his hands.
                            'Why the hell did you go and do that?' Rodney demanded.
                            'It was the glass or Carson, which would you rather I chose?' John mumbled.
                            'I'd rather you be the man you used to be Sheppard – the man who cared about his friends, who could ask for their support without resorting to violence.' Rodney said angrily.
                            'I don't know what else to do,' John shouted, looking up at Rodney, 'I've only just got them back – hell, I've only just got them at all – and now they've taken Elizabeth and I don't know what to do.'
                            'Well, you could start with talking to your friends.' Rodney said, uncomfortably.
                            'That didn't exactly work with Carson, did it?'
                            'You didn't talk to Carson, you told Carson.'
                            'I've really screwed up.' John admitted.
                            'No you haven't. He'll forgive you. I'm not so sure I would-'
                            'Hey, I don't need to remind you that you've screwed up more than once since we've known each other.'
                            'But you still do.' Rodney said with a weak smile, 'Look, I'll talk to Carson.'
                            'You will?' John said, looking up.
                            'I will.'
                            I have red the part of the story you posted here and since i have red your story from the beginning
                            Spoiler:
                            i can easily tell this is the continuation, kind of a preview of what we are about to see in the next chapter, right? I am excited to see you are also adding Laura to the story, I like her.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I've tried chaining it to an anvil but it still managed to escape.

Any sugestions?
                            I don't know, maybe i could help you with some ideas. Or then just get a better chain, LOL.

Thanks. John's under a lot of stress!
                            He sure is

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            And because I'm feeling a little under the weather, I'm self-pimpingreccing some of my old videos. Hee hee.

Spoiler:
                            I am sorry to know you are still not feeling well, but in spite of that, you were able to offer us such a lovely video, thank you so much, i loved it!!!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Spoiler:

Fran: Rodney, does this make my ass look big?

Spoiler:

Weir: Yes Major, we all know you have the ATA gene, but if you're going to keep showing off, then its really no surprise that some of us non-ATA plebs won't open the bay doors for you

Spoiler:

Lorne: I was wondering, are you on Team Ronon or Team Kate?

Teyla: I was wondering pretty much the same about you Major

Spoiler:

Sheppard: This bed is probably strong enough for two, 'Lizabeth

Weir: Booold. Points for trying, but next time, suggest somewhere that isn't full of cameras

Spoiler:

Lorne: Ahhhh, Ma'am, your hand.....its on my leg

Weir: Oh sorry Major. Force of habit - I'm just used to Colonel Sheppard sitting in that seat
                            LOL

I signed up - or so I think - but the thing is I can't for the life of me remember what I wrote last time...

*goes to check*

OH, I did Honor Of A Dance... :
                            Oh, i have red this one before, i didn't know you were the author of it!!!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Ronon also shows that he misses her in ‘Reunion’ by being the only one to not jump for joy of having Carter there, his reaction to new leadership and how everything went down was the only one I found to be realistic. And while McKay didn’t show much at first the whole end scene between him and Zelenka in ‘TMC’ gave away how much he was really hurting.
                              Oh yes, that's true, how could i forget that!!!?

Ok then, i get everyone's point, it wasn't only John that was missing Elizabeth after all.

I haven’t read the books either but I did just look though them but the amount of off-canon stuff would be funny it wasn’t so sad. I reacted to the same things you did FH, but I also didn’t like the part about ‘War and Peace’ (it’s special and should be treated as such) and other pieces of literature that was changed from canon to fit in the authors mind.
                              They talked about
                              Spoiler:
                              "War and Peace" in the legacy books? I haven't reach that part, and probably won't.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                                I am not sure if Ronon would be worse than John, Ronon can be a sweet and open person as well, and he is probably more capable to open up than John, IMO.
                                Yet, the way he rarely opens up, I'd say he's a challenge just the same. Ronon, I mean.

Yes, i agree, specially if they are feeling insecure about their own writing, i agree that they should ask for help and talk to someone more experienced.
                                It's always good to ask for a second opinion, experience or no experience.

I am willing to give mine for adoption, that's for sure, since i don't write. But i am just not sure if mine are good enough for writers to want to look at it. Oh, i didn't know about the thread in which we can give away our bunnies. Thanks for telling me about it.
                                If you have a general idea, I'm sure someone out there could turn it into something that you can agree with.

Oh... those...
                                What does that mean?

But have you reached that part in which
                                Spoiler:
                                Elizabeth appears to Rodney and she gives us the impression that she had ascended?
                                I didn't read them, and will never read them. So no...

Oh, i have red this one before, i didn't know you were the author of it!!!
                                I use the same nickname everywhere I go (fandom-wise anyway) so yeah that Falcon Horus and GW Falcon Horus are one and the same person. No evil doppelgangers to speak of...

Comment

Working...
                                X