Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I can't draw and I can't cook... so what does that say about my writing?
    Writing is different from those tasks. Don't ask me how but they are. And I'm sure your writing is good!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

They say when you lose a sense, like your sight, your remaining senses are heightened. Same logic applies to writing. *nods*

Comment

LOL In your case, I would compare writing to being able to do a fabulous design for one of your classes or putting together just the right costume. But at least you know you can't draw or cook. I wish that were true of all those who think they can write. There would be far fewer head shaped dents in my desk.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          They say when you lose a sense, like your sight, your remaining senses are heightened. Same logic applies to writing. *nods*
          I've heard that too. When you lose a sense, the others ramp up to compensate for it!. I guess with this logic, this means that your writing is wises up to combat the others! I can't draw to save my soul, but I can create images with the words I write!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

*hugs ShipperWriter* Yeah, I think all moms are infuriating like that. But we love them just the same.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            LOL In your case, I would compare writing to being able to do a fabulous design for one of your classes or putting together just the right costume. But at least you know you can't draw or cook. I wish that were true of all those who think they can write. There would be far fewer head shaped dents in my desk.
            Your desk, my desk... heck, a whole lot of desks!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Good point.

But at least you know you can't draw or cook. I wish that were true of all those who think they can write.
              Also, good point.

There would be far fewer head shaped dents in my desk.
              Maybe we should invent an airbag for desks to suit this very purpose. Much safer headdesking can be done this way.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Your desk, my desk... heck, a whole lot of desks!
              I don't actually have a desk...

[insert ebil lemming laughter]

Wait... no, I do have a desk... Kate's desk. Plenty of space to smack my head into. Small little Lemming dents...
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 19 November 2012, 11:06 AM. Reason: Cause it looks like my sight has gone, and my fingers aren't adjusting...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                So I went with The Princess Bride. (Wesley!!!), but to make up for it,
                Two piccies of baby John and Liz

http://dnausers.d-n-a.net/dnetwIfI/s...war/BETH01.JPG

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...phy_brown9.jpg
                Thanks for posting those pictures, they were young. Funny side note but my dad had the same hairstyle as Joe had back in the 90s.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                *Takes a deep breath* After MentallyUnstableFox bravely showed us an attempt to write Sparky fic, I realized that I should show you all something, too.

This is the first part of a larger story that I began many months ago, when I was just venturing into the world of fanfiction. It is actually not completed - my plan was to have four or five separate parts/chapters, and I only have the first and last parts written. As for the middle parts, I have a general sense of the plotline, but I'm struggling on how to write it, as creative writing is not my forte at all.

I do have a couple of specific questions that I'd like to ask, but for now, I would really appreciate any feedback I can get from you guys. I accept both praise and criticism and also any tips on how I can improve my writing. Since I have never done creative writing before, my first attempt in writing fanfiction is a series of missing scenes from "The Return, Part 1." This is supposed to be a team fic, though I plan on throwing in bits of Sparky here and there. Everything follows canon, and I've tried to make up for my lack of creativity by nailing characterizations.

So... please read. I hope you guys enjoy what I have so far, and I would greatly appreciate any comments and/or suggestions you guys have.

My current working title is simply "Missing Scenes: 3.10 The Return, Part 1."

Spoiler:
                John stepped out of the Gate with Rodney and Carson beside him and nodded his head at the general waiting for them at the end of the ramp.

“General O’Neill.” John shook his hand.

“Colonel Sheppard, Doctor McKay, Doctor Beckett.” General O’Neill acknowledged each of the men in turn. “Welcome back to Earth.”

“You’ll understand, sir, when I say that Earth is the last place in the universe that we want to be in now,” John replied dryly. “I would say last place on Earth, but...”

General O’Neill gave him a wry smile. “Ah, is Doctor Weir still on the other side?” he asked.

John turned his head and looked around him, only noticing just then that Elizabeth wasn’t with them. “Um... yeah, she should be coming through any minute now...” John said hesitantly, puzzled. He frowned. “Funny, she should have been with us.”

Seconds later, the event horizon rippled as one more figure emerged from the Gate. Elizabeth made her way down the ramp, a silver Atlantis briefcase in one hand.

“General O’Neill.” Elizabeth smiled and shook his hand. “It’s good to see you.”

“Good to see you, too, Doctor,” General O’Neill replied. “Is that everyone?”

Elizabeth hesitated for a moment before responding. “Yeah. Everyone’s through.”

General O’Neill nodded before glancing up to the control room, signaling to the technician there to shut down the Gate. As the wormhole disengaged, he turned back to the foursome.

“Uh, there’s breakfast in the commissary, if you guys didn’t eat already before leaving,” he quickly mentioned.

Elizabeth smiled. “Thank you, Jack. We’d best head over to the infirmary first, though, and get ourselves checked over.”

General O’Neill nodded, and with a final glance at the team, he walked away.

“Well, I don’t know about you guys,” Rodney piped up, “but dinner seems like ages ago, so let’s get this check-up out and over with, shall we?” With that, he headed off to the infirmary with Carson close behind. John was about to follow them, but he stopped and turned around when he realized that Elizabeth was still standing at the end of ramp, gazing at the closed Stargate.

“Elizabeth? You coming?” John studied her, wondering if she heard him at all, and he was about call her again when she turned around.

“Yeah. I’m coming.” She forced a smile. “Let’s go.”

She brushed past John, and after a brief moment of hesitation, followed her to the infirmary.

The four of them filled their plates from the buffet and found a table near the corner of the commissary. John tried to keep the discussion alive, and with Rodney and Carson joining in, the meal wasn’t awkwardly eaten in silence. However, John noticed that Elizabeth was unusually quiet during the entire meal. Back on Atlantis, she only ate with them occasionally, but when she did, she was usually very active in the conversation. That morning, though, her attention was completely focused on her plate as she half-heartedly picked at her scrambled eggs and hash browns, not seeming to have much of an appetite. John caught her more than once staring off into the distance, though he didn’t know what she was staring at. It then occurred to him that there were no windows or balconies here at the SGC that led to the outside world. And even if there were, there was no ocean.

There were no briefings or meetings to attend that morning, as General O’Neill and Mr. Woolsey had already debriefed the SGC and IOA on the situation in Atlantis days before. Within the hour, the team had finished their breakfast, and Elizabeth and Rodney had arranged for taxis to come pick them up: Elizabeth’s to her apartment block, and Rodney’s to the airport, where he had to catch a flight to Nevada. John and Carson accompanied them up to the surface to see them off, and Rodney’s ride arrived all too soon.

“Well, I guess this is it, then.” Rodney shifted on his feet uncomfortably as the driver loaded what bags he had into the trunk.

“Yeah,” John replied. Silence fell over the four.

“Just so we’re clear, this isn’t goodbye forever, right?” Rodney quickly asked. “Because I’d hate to think that after all we’ve been through together in the past two years -- ”

“We’ll keep in touch,” John interrupted.

Rodney stopped. “Right,” he said.

“Rodney.” Elizabeth paused for a moment before continuing. “It’s -- it’s been wonderful, having you our team,” she finally managed to say.

Rodney gave a small nod, then looked at Carson, who just sorrowfully smiled at him.

The taxi was waiting. Seeing that there was no more that he could say, Rodney settled himself into the taxi and shut the door. His friends watched as the taxi left and drove off into the distance.

They waited in a heavy silence for Elizabeth’s ride to arrive. When another taxi pulled over to the curb a few minutes later, Elizabeth sighed deeply.

“Hey, at least you’re still staying in town,” John said, trying to be optimistic. “And you can always come by just to visit, seeing as how your apartment is only twenty minutes away from here. It doesn’t have to be work-related.”

Elizabeth gave him a small smile but didn’t respond.

“You know, this feels so weird,” John suddenly said. Elizabeth arched an eyebrow, prompting him to continue. “Being back on Earth, I mean,” John explained, “and going our separate ways. Soon, it’s just going to feel like the last two years never happened.”

Elizabeth flinched at those last words, and John cursed himself. Good one, John! Remind her of the time she was infected with nanites just as you say goodbye.

“Sorry,” he quickly apologized, and Carson reached out and patted her on the shoulder.

Without another word, Elizabeth climbed into the taxi. She didn’t look back as it left in the opposite direction Rodney’s had gone.

John let out a heavy sigh. “You think she’ll be ok?” he asked Carson.

Carson, too, gave a sigh of resignation. “I don’t know,” he admitted, a hint of worry in his reply. “I’m sure that given some time, she’ll be all right. But this has certainly hit her the hardest.”

John just nodded, not responding, and the two men stood together in a heavy silence.

“Come on,” Carson finally said after a long moment. “We’d best get back.” Reluctantly, John trudged after Carson back to the SGC, not looking back at the point down the road where the taxi had already vanished from their view.
                Everyone have already given you some great pointers and tips so I’m just going to say that I just loved this fanfic piece and I so hope that we someday we’ll see the rest of the fic because I’m really curies to find out how things will turn out.

I feel for you, first it’s the writing on the actual show, then it’s the added bonus of everything else and the end result can’t be pretty.
                sigpic

Comment

*Takes a deep breath* After MentallyUnstableFox bravely showed us an attempt to write Sparky fic, I realized that I should show you all something, too.

This is the first part of a larger story that I began many months ago, when I was just venturing into the world of fanfiction. It is actually not completed - my plan was to have four or five separate parts/chapters, and I only have the first and last parts written. As for the middle parts, I have a general sense of the plotline, but I'm struggling on how to write it, as creative writing is not my forte at all.

I do have a couple of specific questions that I'd like to ask, but for now, I would really appreciate any feedback I can get from you guys. I accept both praise and criticism and also any tips on how I can improve my writing. Since I have never done creative writing before, my first attempt in writing fanfiction is a series of missing scenes from "The Return, Part 1." This is supposed to be a team fic, though I plan on throwing in bits of Sparky here and there. Everything follows canon, and I've tried to make up for my lack of creativity by nailing characterizations.

So... please read. I hope you guys enjoy what I have so far, and I would greatly appreciate any comments and/or suggestions you guys have.

Spoiler:
                  John stepped out of the Gate with Rodney and Carson beside him and nodded his head at the general waiting for them at the end of the ramp.

“Colonel Sheppard, Doctor McKay, Doctor Beckett.” General O’Neill acknowledged each of the men in turn. “Welcome back to Earth.”

“You’ll understand, sir, when I say that Earth is the last place in the universe that we want to be in now,” John replied dryly. “I would say last place on Earth, but...”

General O’Neill gave him a wry smile. “Ah, is Doctor Weir still on the other side?” he asked.

John turned his head and looked around him, only noticing just then that Elizabeth wasn’t with them. “Um... yeah, she should be coming through any minute now...” John said hesitantly, puzzled. He frowned. “Funny, she should have been with us.”

Seconds later, the event horizon rippled as one more figure emerged from the Gate. Elizabeth made her way down the ramp, a silver Atlantis briefcase in one hand.

General O’Neill nodded before glancing up to the control room, signaling to the technician there to shut down the Gate. As the wormhole disengaged, he turned back to the foursome.

“Uh, there’s breakfast in the commissary, if you guys didn’t eat already before leaving,” he quickly mentioned.

Elizabeth smiled. “Thank you, Jack. We’d best head over to the infirmary first, though, and get ourselves checked over.”

“Well, I don’t know about you guys,” Rodney piped up, “but dinner seems like ages ago, so let’s get this check-up out and over with, shall we?” With that, he headed off to the infirmary with Carson close behind. John was about to follow them, but he stopped and turned around when he realized that Elizabeth was still standing at the end of ramp, gazing at the closed Stargate.

“Elizabeth? You coming?” John studied her, wondering if she heard him at all, and he was about call her again when she turned around.

She brushed past John, and after a brief moment of hesitation, followed her to the infirmary.

The four of them filled their plates from the buffet and found a table near the corner of the commissary. John tried to keep the discussion alive, and with Rodney and Carson joining in, the meal wasn’t awkwardly eaten in silence. However, John noticed that Elizabeth was unusually quiet during the entire meal. Back on Atlantis, she only ate with them occasionally, but when she did, she was usually very active in the conversation. That morning, though, her attention was completely focused on her plate as she half-heartedly picked at her scrambled eggs and hash browns, not seeming to have much of an appetite. John caught her more than once staring off into the distance, though he didn’t know what she was staring at. It then occurred to him that there were no windows or balconies here at the SGC that led to the outside world. And even if there were, there was no ocean.

There were no briefings or meetings to attend that morning, as General O’Neill and Mr. Woolsey had already debriefed the SGC and IOA on the situation in Atlantis days before. Within the hour, the team had finished their breakfast, and Elizabeth and Rodney had arranged for taxis to come pick them up: Elizabeth’s to her apartment block, and Rodney’s to the airport, where he had to catch a flight to Nevada. John and Carson accompanied them up to the surface to see them off, and Rodney’s ride arrived all too soon.

“Well, I guess this is it, then.” Rodney shifted on his feet uncomfortably as the driver loaded what bags he had into the trunk.

“Just so we’re clear, this isn’t goodbye forever, right?” Rodney quickly asked. “Because I’d hate to think that after all we’ve been through together in the past two years -- ”

“Rodney.” Elizabeth paused for a moment before continuing. “It’s -- it’s been wonderful, having you our team,” she finally managed to say.

Rodney gave a small nod, then looked at Carson, who just sorrowfully smiled at him.

The taxi was waiting. Seeing that there was no more that he could say, Rodney settled himself into the taxi and shut the door. His friends watched as the taxi left and drove off into the distance.

They waited in a heavy silence for Elizabeth’s ride to arrive. When another taxi pulled over to the curb a few minutes later, Elizabeth sighed deeply.

“Hey, at least you’re still staying in town,” John said, trying to be optimistic. “And you can always come by just to visit, seeing as how your apartment is only twenty minutes away from here. It doesn’t have to be work-related.”

“You know, this feels so weird,” John suddenly said. Elizabeth arched an eyebrow, prompting him to continue. “Being back on Earth, I mean,” John explained, “and going our separate ways. Soon, it’s just going to feel like the last two years never happened.”

Elizabeth flinched at those last words, and John cursed himself. Good one, John! Remind her of the time she was infected with nanites just as you say goodbye.

“Sorry,” he quickly apologized, and Carson reached out and patted her on the shoulder.

Without another word, Elizabeth climbed into the taxi. She didn’t look back as it left in the opposite direction Rodney’s had gone.

Carson, too, gave a sigh of resignation. “I don’t know,” he admitted, a hint of worry in his reply. “I’m sure that given some time, she’ll be all right. But this has certainly hit her the hardest.”

John just nodded, not responding, and the two men stood together in a heavy silence.

“Come on,” Carson finally said after a long moment. “We’d best get back.” Reluctantly, John trudged after Carson back to the SGC, not looking back at the point down the road where the taxi had already vanished from their view.
                  This was very nice! Well done.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Spoiler:

Very good start, Sparks! This makes me think that maybe I could post something of a teaser for my next chapter.

Comment

Kate-fic... why no one writing Kate-fic? ... Or add Kate...

There should be more Kate-fic, damn it! *pouts*

Anyhow...

...you were saying...

Comment

Who are you talking to?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Who are you talking to?
                          To anyone who cares to listen... or to no one... depends how you (the general you) wish to interpret my post.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

What about a family Thanksgiving if you get my drift...

Comment

And there goes the turkey...

Comment

Working...
                                X