Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Thanks! There's more coming, slowly but surely.

How ya doing?
    You're welcome.

Can't complain. Not sure if I told you before or not but I finally found a job. While I love being a contributing member of society again, it's really cutting into my fic writing time. And I always seem to hatch a plot bunny on my way to work.

How are things in your neck of the woods?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      And I always seem to hatch a plot bunny on my way to work.
      Are you sure you don't have an Easterbunny hiding in your car?

My muse was forced to learn how to behave... this makes me, and her, sad. However, when we get a chance to write. We're both over the moon and she'll run with it.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Romantic scenes aren't an issue - and occasionally I even pull out all the fluff I can find lying around my stuffy brain too. I learned a long time ago that I can't write NC-17/M-rated stories, so I don't do that. I leave the smut to the professionals the likes of Anuna & Havocthecat. I can write a mean implying scene though, and hinting about getting hot'n'heavy in the Lantean broom closets. And leave the rest to the imagination of the reader...
          I acknowledge Anuna as a master of writing smut. I haven't read any of Havocthecat's work. I can write the light stuff, but occassionally if I want smut in one of my stories, I get someone else to do it, and I give them credit for it.
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
            Viva la long post. I MAY have gotten a bit off topic, and forgive me if there are any major spoilers of anyone hasn't seen some eps. I'm still learning how to do those spoiler tags.
            Oh, and about John seeming more distant in the last two seasons...first off, I agree. But I think Everyone changed during that time. Sometimes I jokingly refer to the first three seasons of the show as Atlantis' Elizabethan Era (for obvious reasons). And I think seasons 2-3 were gold (though I can't watch 'Sunday' without Kleenex) because, if you look at the whole Rodney/Jennifer pairing...I think it worked pretty well overall, but I could NEVER see season 2 McKay being in that relationship. I think Liz is what sort of balanced all of them out.
            Not that the later seasons didn't have some awesome episodes (i.e. 'the shrine')!!
            Anyway, I often wonder where the show would've gone if they hadn't gotten a "new leader". I think Lizzie could've gotten at least ten seasons out of them....Also, the reason why Teyla got pregnant was because Rachel got pregnant, and then so much was built around that arc, that I wonder where we'd be if Rachel hadn't gotten pregnant then.
            So there's my random little two cents...
            Oh! And have you noticed how many tear jerkers there are?!?! Sunday, The Last Man, The Shrine...I noticed I actually need Kleenex for a lot of scenes, because I was rewatching this one scene where Rodney and Clone-Carson are having a conversation:
            Carson: Rodney, get Doctor Weir in here, right now!
            Rodney: ...I can't do that.
            Carson: Why not?!
            Rodney: (long pause) She's dead, Carson
            GAH! Just...I couldn't even...I was just...just...just TAKE my heart, why don't you?!
            Exactly how I felt when I first watched that episode, "The Kindred, Part 2." It was just so emotional, Rodney's anguished expression as he was compelled to tell Carson what had happened in the two years that he was gone, and the look of shock and dismay on Carson's face as the truth literally slapped him in the face. I was so choked up and ready to cry.

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
            happy 8 year anniversery sparklies!!!!!!!
            OMG, really?! Happy anniversary! It's amazing how us fans are so dedicated to Sparky and Atlantis after all these years. Despite the fact that Elizabeth left after Season 3 and Atlantis ended two years later, their legacy still lives on today.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
            We could see that he was "there", but he wasn't, it felt like he didn't care much about things, about being funny, i mean it felt like if he was just a person that no longer had anything to loose, i even had the impression that he seemed to volunteer much more for suicidal missions than before, well, i don't know exactly how to explain, because before he would also do that, but somehow his attitude seemed totally different, like now he didn't care anymore whether he would live or not. Well at least that's just the way i see it.
            Agreed - I do see what you're talking about. For example, in Season 5's, "The Prodigal," John volunteered to crash a Jumper into the Control Room tower. I wasn't surprised by the fact that he volunteered - rather, I was more appalled by how he volunteered. He said, "I have crashed Jumpers into the tower before" so nonchalantly, as if he didn't care if this was reckless and he may end up getting killed.

There wouldn't have been anything different. Teyla would still have been kicked to side in favor of more McKay. She and Ronon are incredibly neglected characters and Rachel not being pregnant wouldn't have changed that one bit.

I know what you're hinting at, but be glad it didn't happen cause TPTW would have without doubt frakked it up beyond anything that anyone would be able to recognize. Same as they do with pretty much all of their relationships. The harder they try not to write it though, the better it works. So, I really don't want to think about if they had tried their best to write it in. It would have been a disaster and would probably have left a lot of people unhappy with the situation.

Most, if not all relationships are better of with fanfic writers. Admittedly not everyone is capable of writing good stories and some still end up rather questionable at best in every category (there are good writers, bad writers, everyone in between and those still learning how to).
            I once saw this interview with Joe Flanigan on YouTube. There's a pretty interesting question about shipping starting at 2:00, and Joe has a pretty interesting answer for that. I think it explains quite a bit about how we feel about this topic.
            sigpic
            Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
            View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
              I acknowledge Anuna as a master of writing smut. I haven't read any of Havocthecat's work. I can write the light stuff, but occassionally if I want smut in one of my stories, I get someone else to do it, and I give them credit for it.
              Havocthecat can be found on AO3 and dabbles in many fandoms.
              Link to her Stargate Atlantis collection.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
              I once saw this interview with Joe Flanigan on YouTube. There's a pretty interesting question about shipping starting at 2:00, and Joe has a pretty interesting answer for that. I think it explains quite a bit about how we feel about this topic.
              Evasive as always - his answers usually depends on who's asking them and how they are asked. They're all good at keeping the peace when it comes to such matters.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

And condolences to SR, as Virginia Tech lost to Florida State on Thursday, 28-22.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                  happy 8 year anniversery sparklies!!!!!!!
                  That is really great, I haven’t even been here a year of that but it’s great to see that it’s still such an active thread.

We could see that he was "there", but he wasn't, it felt like he didn't care much about things, about being funny, i mean it felt like if he was just a person that no longer had anything to loose, i even had the impression that he seemed to volunteer much more for suicidal missions than before, well, i don't know exactly how to explain, because before he would also do that, but somehow his attitude seemed totally different, like now he didn't care anymore whether he would live or not. Well at least that's just the way i see it.
                  There was defiantly a big change in most characters when season 4 started happening, I do feel like it’s more of a feeling you get when seeing them rather than anything specific so it’s hard to tell if it was the way it was written or whatever it was but thing did get darker. I believe that in John’s case it was the weight of a lot of things that cause his changes, he was going through hell emotionally and it affected his entire person and how he responded to things. I believe he did suffer from survivor’s guilt already from before he came to Atlantis but when he started losing people there as well it just started eating on him more, it’s also possible that he felt like everyone was moving, that they started finding that little ray of light in a very dark place, everyone but him (we talked about this before) and that the two people that he tend to speak with about things closer to the heart (I dunno if that’s really how you should put it but let’s go with that) were gone, and while the people who were still there, like his team, were all people he cared about we saw in season 1-3 that it wasn’t really the same because it felt as if he sometimes had different people he spoke with about different things and for him to really open up he needed all those people to be there but with a few of them gone he seem to have closed up to the rest of them (at least more than he did before).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                    This one scene where Rodney and Clone-Carson are having a conversation:
                    Carson: Rodney, get Doctor Weir in here, right now!
                    Rodney: ...I can't do that.
                    Carson: Why not?!
                    Rodney: (long pause) She's dead, Carson
                    GAH! Just...I couldn't even...I was just...just...just TAKE my heart, why don't you?!
                    FFFF! This episode killed me so much because it's only Clone!Carson's first day on base and he finds out all in one day that:

->He's a clone
                    ->The original Carson is dead
                    ->Elizabeth is also dead

And just. It was like, sticking a knife in my heart and twisting it there, to watch Carson (even if he was the clone) get slapped with all this. I was stuck between tears of joy that Carson was back and tears of sadness because of the totally crushed look on his face.

Hey, the real Carson wouldn't be sitting here feeling sorry for himself.
                    Easy for you to say! You didn't just find out you were born in a test tube!

Just...how do you say that to someone who's just found out his life went to hell in about 5 minutes flat?! Come on Rodney!! Be a little sensitive.

Well, you did tell me that the real Carson wouldn't be sittin' here feelin' sorry for himself if he could be doin' somethin' to help...
                    Well, the real Carson wouldn't take my advice either...

*amusement* I did giggle a bit at that one though.

Comment

So... what happened in the epilogue of Adoremus?
                      Go and read it!
                      Spoiler:
                      or then just go to the Atlantis Rising thread here on GW and see if you can figure out what is going on by reading the comments that are being left there.

I know what you're hinting at, but be glad it didn't happen cause TPTW would have without doubt frakked it up beyond anything that anyone would be able to recognize. Same as they do with pretty much all of their relationships. The harder they try not to write it though, the better it works. So, I really don't want to think about if they had tried their best to write it in. It would have been a disaster and would probably have left a lot of people unhappy with the situation.
                      Yeah i am glad it didn't happen! TPTW and relationships should be kept apart!

Most, if not all relationships are better of with fanfic writers. Admittedly not everyone is capable of writing good stories and some still end up rather questionable at best in every category (there are good writers, bad writers, everyone in between and those still learning how to).
                      I agree, relationships are much better written on fics.

I still have trouble writing romance scenes. Most scenes of a romantic nature in my stories were written by another writer who was kind enough to help me.
                      Maybe you just need to write them more, in order to perfect your ability to write them.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I expect I'm going to need more than just Kleenex to get through some of those episodes when we watch them for the post-a-thon...
                      Yeah, i guess you are right.

Relax, I just read it. It was very good and I left a review for it! I hope no one tears my head off over what I asked in it!
                      After reading your review
                      Spoiler:
                      i must say that yeah, i thought the same thing!! :O And it is not the first time that i noticed that, i mean once i believe that even Rodney noticed that, i mean Rodney noticed that John didn't care whether he would die or not. Remember Prodigal, when they are on that damaged Jumper planning to attack the control tower when Michael is in control of Atlantis? Well back then Rodney asks John something (i can't remember now exactly what it was) but it gave the idea that Rodney also thought that John wasn't caring about his own life, i remember that John even said that it wasn't the first time he would go on a suicidal mission, which was true, but i don't know, the way things where happening in that moment, it looked so much more, maybe it was only my impression, but i don't know...

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Hahaha! Now I wanna go re-read Stargate!Ren! Now that's an epic story. Newbies, I command thee, away to LJ and read it! Seriously!
                      I am guessing it is an AU fic, right?

Since I'm able to sneak a little fic writing in at work every once in a while, hopefully before then. We'll just have to wait and see though.

You're welcome.
                      I will be waiting!

Can't complain. Not sure if I told you before or not but I finally found a job. While I love being a contributing member of society again, it's really cutting into my fic writing time. And I always seem to hatch a plot bunny on my way to work.
                      Congratulations on your new job!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Agreed - I do see what you're talking about. For example, in Season 5's, "The Prodigal," John volunteered to crash a Jumper into the Control Room tower. I wasn't surprised by the fact that he volunteered - rather, I was more appalled by how he volunteered. He said, "I have crashed Jumpers into the tower before" so nonchalantly, as if he didn't care if this was reckless and he may end up getting killed.
                        Oh yes!! You noticed that too?! I also noticed that, i was shocked at the time. Yes, that's it, i think it was the way he volunteer that made me wonder what was going on in his head, and you know, i think Rodney noticed that too, remember?

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                        There was defiantly a big change in most characters when season 4 started happening, I do feel like it’s more of a feeling you get when seeing them rather than anything specific so it’s hard to tell if it was the way it was written or whatever it was but thing did get darker. I believe that in John’s case it was the weight of a lot of things that cause his changes, he was going through hell emotionally and it affected his entire person and how he responded to things. I believe he did suffer from survivor’s guilt already from before he came to Atlantis but when he started losing people there as well it just started eating on him more, it’s also possible that he felt like everyone was moving, that they started finding that little ray of light in a very dark place, everyone but him (we talked about this before) and that the two people that he tend to speak with about things closer to the heart (I dunno if that’s really how you should put it but let’s go with that) were gone, and while the people who were still there, like his team, were all people he cared about we saw in season 1-3 that it wasn't really the same because it felt as if he sometimes had different people he spoke with about different things and for him to really open up he needed all those people to be there but with a few of them gone he seem to have closed up to the rest of them (at least more than he did before).
                        Yeah, i agree, he was definitely suffering from survivor's guilt, and i believe he also saw himself once again alone. He had his team, but i believe he was never able to talk to his team like he would talk to certain people that unfortunately were now gone. That's why he changed so much in season 4. And maybe he was also afraid that if he would open up to the people (like his team) that were still there, he was probably afraid of losing them,too and maybe because of that, he preferred to close himself once again.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Maybe it was just me, but in that part where John says "c'mon, this isn't the first suicide mission I've flown", or something to that effect, then a little while later Rodney tells him he doesn't have to do his kamikaze (sp?) run anymore, am I the only one who thought John's "why not?!" seemed a little...I don't know...disappointed?
                          Daniel: You know referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental instability right?
                          McKay: Yeah, mentally unstable like a FOX!

O'neill: Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?!

Elizabeth: I'm not going anywhere
                          John: good, wouldn't be the same without you

Carson: You have a date Rodney? With a woman?

Comment

I am guessing it is an AU fic, right?
                            Stargate Ren is indeed an AU-fic but it's well worth the read.

Comment

Quick question: when you guys do any graphic art like signatures and icons, do you guys just get most of your pictures off of GateWorld?
                              sigpic
                              Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                              View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Quick question: when you guys do any graphic art like signatures and icons, do you guys just get most of your pictures off of GateWorld?
                                Or from Stargatecaps.com.
                                Or capture the images ourselves if it's a specific moment, or rare/secondary character is that one needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X