No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm... 8 years already... *ponders when she was here for the first time*...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My very first post in this thread occurred on the 22nd of January 2006, at 2:50pm (it's on page 1044 or there abouts, post 20,874)... and here's what I had to say.:

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Gah, a 1044 pages long this thread is....I just want to say that me and my sister are all for Sheppard/Weir...

They look good together. Forget Simon (TPTB did), forget Teyla. It's John/Liz.

I've been in here for 6 of those 8 years, on and off but still... holy cow!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        if the right story comes along i'll do it but for now i leave it to you guys to come up with your own conclusions.
        Not fair!

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
        Just how emotionally distant?
        We could see that he was "there", but he wasn't, it felt like he didn't care much about things, about being funny, i mean it felt like if he was just a person that no longer had anything to loose, i even had the impression that he seemed to volunteer much more for suicidal missions than before, well, i don't know exactly how to explain, because before he would also do that, but somehow his attitude seemed totally different, like now he didn't care anymore whether he would live or not. Well at least that's just the way i see it.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
        That is such a beautiful video. Next to graphic art, which I plan to do sometime soon, I hope that I can one day make my own John/Elizabeth music video. Thanks for sharing it, Pearl!
        I wish i would be able to do some art, or fanvideo or even write a fic, but i am terrible at it. But most of times, i enjoy other people's work, you are all so talented!

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
        Maybe I'll post some of my (very bad) fic attempts eventually
        Yeah, please post some of your fics! How do you know they are that bad? Have you ever posted any of them?

Oh, and about John seeming more distant in the last two seasons...first off, I agree.
        Yes, he was definitely more distant in the last 2 seasons.

I jokingly refer to the first three seasons of the show as Atlantis' Elizabethan Era (for obvious reasons).
        I like that, "Atlantis' Elizabethan Era"!

I can't watch 'Sunday' without Kleenex
        I can't watch Sunday without kleenex, i can't watch Ghost in the Machine without kleenex, i can't watch Life line without kleenex, i can't watch Adrift, The Shrine ...

I think Liz is what sort of balanced all of them out.
        I agree, Liz was the one that kept them balanced. Without her, all of them changed, some got lost, like John, and others changed, maybe for the better (although i am not 100% sure) like was the case of Rodney.

I often wonder where the show would've gone if they hadn't gotten a "new leader". I think Lizzie could've gotten at least ten seasons out of them....
        The show would have continued eternally, if Lizzie was there!!!

the reason why Teyla got pregnant was because Rachel got pregnant, and then so much was built around that arc, that I wonder where we'd be if Rachel hadn't gotten pregnant then.
        I prefer not to think about what would have happened, if Rachel would not have gotten pregnant then.

I was rewatching this one scene where Rodney and Clone-Carson are having a conversation:
        Carson: Rodney, get Doctor Weir in here, right now!
        Rodney: ...I can't do that.
        Carson: Why not?!
        Rodney: (long pause) She's dead, Carson
        Yes, that part was a very touching part, wasn't it? Oh and that one in which they are putting Carson in stasis, i also need some kleenex there...
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          *dances in*

Adoremus, the Epilogue! GO SEE!

http://sga-rising.com/index.php/07-a...remus-epilogue
          Spoiler:
          The last part was sad but beautiful and hopeful as well. I don't know, i believe John will be a different man from now on. A better man! Thank you for this lovely part, i loved it!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *cackles* Eri totally knocked that grand slam out of the park, didn't she? And we've only just begun... muahahahah.
          Eri was fabulous! And now I can hardly wait to see what's coming next!!!!

I've read the first episode of Atlantis Rising, and I like it!
          You must hurry up with the reading,
          Spoiler:
          the good stuff (well even better stuff, because so far everything has been really amazing!) is about to happen as of now!!!!

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
          happy 8 year anniversery sparklies!!!!!!!
          8 years already? Wow! Happy anniversay!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Sorry, coffee hasn't kicked in. Eight year anniversary of what, exactly?
          I am guessing it's the 8th anniversary of this thread, right?

Here's a little something to celebrate said anniversary!

So thoughtful of you!!!
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

So... what happened in the epilogue of Adoremus?
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              The show would have continued eternally, if Lizzie was there!!!
              No, it wouldn't have. We like to think it would have, but it wouldn't.

I prefer not to think about what would have happened, if Rachel would not have gotten pregnant then.
              There wouldn't have been anything different. Teyla would still have been kicked to side in favor of more McKay. She and Ronon are incredibly neglected characters and Rachel not being pregnant wouldn't have changed that one bit.

I know what you're hinting at, but be glad it didn't happen cause TPTW would have without doubt frakked it up beyond anything that anyone would be able to recognize. Same as they do with pretty much all of their relationships. The harder they try not to write it though, the better it works. So, I really don't want to think about if they had tried their best to write it in. It would have been a disaster and would probably have left a lot of people unhappy with the situation.

Most, if not all relationships are better of with fanfic writers. Admittedly not everyone is capable of writing good stories and some still end up rather questionable at best in every category (there are good writers, bad writers, everyone in between and those still learning how to).

Comment

I still have trouble writing romance scenes. Most scenes of a romantic nature in my stories were written by another writer who was kind enough to help me.
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I still have trouble writing romance scenes. Most scenes of a romantic nature in my stories were written by another writer who was kind enough to help me.
                  Romantic scenes aren't an issue - and occasionally I even pull out all the fluff I can find lying around my stuffy brain too. I learned a long time ago that I can't write NC-17/M-rated stories, so I don't do that. I leave the smut to the professionals the likes of Anuna & Havocthecat. I can write a mean implying scene though, and hinting about getting hot'n'heavy in the Lantean broom closets. And leave the rest to the imagination of the reader...

Comment

Sometimes I jokingly refer to the first three seasons of the show as Atlantis' Elizabethan Era (for obvious reasons). And I think seasons 2-3 were gold
                    The Golden Age of Atlantis. The Elizabethan Era.

*cough*Stargate!Renaissance*cough*

I can't watch Sunday without kleenex, i can't watch Ghost in the Machine without kleenex, i can't watch Life line without kleenex, i can't watch Adrift, The Shrine ...
                    I expect I'm going to need more than just Kleenex to get through some of those episodes when we watch them for the post-a-thon...

So... what happened in the epilogue of Adoremus?
                    How about you read it for yourself? Asking us to spoon feed it to you is cheating and that makes John and Elizabeth VERY mad at you.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

How about you read it for yourself? Asking us to spoon feed it to you is cheating and that makes John and Elizabeth VERY mad at you.
                      Relax, I just read it. It was very good and I left a review for it! I hope no one tears my head off over what I asked in it!

Comment

I drank responsibly, I was with my parents the entire time. But I still enjoyed myself, and I made out like a bandit with loot!

Also, thank you to everyone who told me Happy Birthday. You guys are great!
                        I'm glad to hear it. Some of the people I went to college with looked like death warmed over the day after their 21st.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Just a little something I did on my iPod this morning.

Spoiler:
                          John Sheppard didn't know what was causing this day to go so ridiculously right, but he wasn't gonna complain.

He had woken up before his alarm clock even chirped, and he was actually ready to face the day. A stream of endless sunlight came through the windows of his quarters. He took a shower, grabbed coffee from a curiously empty dining room, and was in the conference room going over performance reviews before his shift actually started at 0800.

He had even smiled pleasantly during McKay's horrifically long briefing and made a little attention, causing the scientist to frown in anxious worry.

Yes. Something was strange today.

His team had no missions scheduled, so they all had made other plans for the day. Teyla and Kanaan had taken Torren to visit their Athosian friends, Ronan had not even been seen since the night before (though come to think of it, neither had Banks), and McKay had exited the room in a debate with Zelenka the second the briefing with Sheppard, Lorne, and Woolsey was over, absconding to his lab to work on -- something.

So John walked slowly to his office, enjoying the tranquility of the morning. He couldn't even let his mind start to predict what could go wrong; it would sour his mood, and those type of predictions on Atlantis were usually, completely wrong anyways.

But when the doors to his office slid open and he glanced at his desk, his smile quirked to one side.

How could I forget that?

The old fashioned desktop calendar laid in the middle, a thickly drawn red circle around today's date. The color caused him to momentarily flash back to his freshman English class. The teacher -- Mr. Burke -- had a special fondness for symbolism. Everything they read in that class was a symbol for something. He had always said that putting the colors of red and orange and yellow together made you think of blood, violence.

But for John, ironically enough, red reminded him of a person who preferred peace over war, who strived to ease tensions instead of escalating them.

He unlocked a drawer and slid it open. Photographed memories from their first few years on Atlantis, copies of promotion papers (first from major to lieutenant colonel, then graduating to full bird) and emails sending surprised but humbled congratulations, handwritten notes that never made it to their intended recipient -- they were carefully layered in the drawer and he delicately picked them up as he retrieved the dark red pen hidden beneath all of it.

He smirked at the memory of Graham Burke. Sorry, but I think you're wrong.

Uncapping the pen, he carefully drew the outline of a check mark in the outlined box. As he colored it in, he allowed himself to smile in immense relief.

Elizabeth was coming home.

Not sure where this is going, but we'll see shortly!
                          Totally love it, SW !!!

Comment

I've snurched a few of those icons!
                            No problem! But if you do use any, please give me the credit. They're a work of obsessive love.

The Golden Age of Atlantis. The Elizabethan Era.

*cough*Stargate!Renaissance*cough*
                            Hahaha! Now I wanna go re-read Stargate!Ren! Now that's an epic story. Newbies, I command thee, away to LJ and read it! Seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Totally love it, SW !!!
                              Thanks! There's more coming, slowly but surely.

How ya doing?

Comment

Does that mean we will still have to wait for how many years now... 2, 3 years? Maybe we will be able to read it then when... 2013, 2014

Thanks for the info!
                                Since I'm able to sneak a little fic writing in at work every once in a while, hopefully before then. We'll just have to wait and see though.

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X