No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ spammers = scum. See, this is why I've restricted comments on mine.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm sorry I missed out on the ultimate flirting and honor defending from Misbegotten (I really need to plan my Sundays better). Maybe I can make it for the snark in Irresistible. That episode IS horrible, but it's also got some great Sparky in it (thank you, Carl Binder). I rate it above Irresponsible, anyway. Oh, and the "Buck up Carson" line always cracks me up.
    Definitely one of SGA's best comedic scenes ever.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Yeah, one of my biggest regrets that didn't involve Sparky about SGA was that they cut that scene between Joe and Paul. I would have paid to see John blow Carson's nose for him. *dies*
    And paid very handsomely, too!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Yes, very much so. Though Hastings castle was closed, even though it said on the website it would be open, and the battle grounds was off-limits due to sogginess of the ground. But Battle abbey made up for it by being awesome, and the grounds are right next to it so didn't miss anything.

Visited a quaint little town called Rey which had these cobble stone streets, which I complained to my sister whomever invented cobble stone streets should have been forced to walk them barefoot to see they aren't ideal. She replied that it was that or mud... which shut me up.

And we played golf... twice... for the first time in our lives. One hour lesson and they told us if we wanted to we could come back and practice more which we did... IT WAS AWESOME. Too bad that playing or taking classes over here is so very expensive.

See above... we had lots of fun. And finally managed to see Game of Thrones season 1.

Our train was delayed for more than an hour so that was less fun, but nevertheless it was a good holiday.
    Yay! Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Good to hear the trip went well (even with the occasional speedbump)!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello, I'm gonna' stick my nose in on this thread a moment. I have always thought 'Sparky' was as much of a given for Atlantis as Sam/Jack are for SG-1...but I'm gonna let my inner Carson Beckett fan loose for a sec-

I'm sorry I missed out on the ultimate flirting and honor defending from Misbegotten (I really need to plan my Sundays better). Maybe I can make it for the snark in Irresistible. That episode IS horrible, but it's also got some great Sparky in it (thank you, Carl Binder). I rate it above Irresponsible, anyway. Oh, and the "Buck up Carson" line always cracks me up.
      I -love- that line. It's got to be my favorite John & Carson scene, Carson's little "breakdown" in the Jumper and Shep's frustrated "Buck up Carson!"

Yeah, one of my biggest regrets that didn't involve Sparky about SGA was that they cut that scene between Joe and Paul. I would have paid to see John blow Carson's nose for him. *dies*
      ...I would have died laughing if they'd left that scene in. Or even if they cut it, include it in a deleted scenes reel, for God's sake! *Scottish accent* I, too, would have paid to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
        Hello, I'm gonna' stick my nose in on this thread a moment. I have always thought 'Sparky' was as much of a given for Atlantis as Sam/Jack are for SG-1...but I'm gonna let my inner Carson Beckett fan loose for a sec-

I -love- that line. It's got to be my favorite John & Carson scene, Carson's little "breakdown" in the Jumper and Shep's frustrated "Buck up Carson!"

...I would have died laughing if they'd left that scene in. Or even if they cut it, include it in a deleted scenes reel, for God's sake! *Scottish accent* I, too, would have paid to see it.
        Welcome. We love Carson around here, and we also love anyone who thinks Sparky was canon.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

so i gotta ask with the US Election today and what do you think John and Lizabeth's prefences are? me i can see Elizabeth as a Democrat and John a Republican.

Comment

There were several choices for
              Spoiler:
              Mayel earlier. I'm sure someone has names, but recently there was a pic of Poppy Montgomery as a redhead going around. I think it's over on the SGA-R thread here.
              Ooh, thanks. And I really like that banner Erin made. Looks awesome!

And try this
              Got it! Thanks! Of course, this now means I have to make good on my promise of Sparky fic.

I had the same problem on LJ. I reported them and hopefully they're gone.
              Ditto. So stinkin' annoying.

Hello everyone!

I got that same LJ spammer. Don't people have more productive things to do with their time? I mean, really.
              Apparently not. How ya doing, JT?

One of the best lines -- dramatic or comedic -- from any show I've ever watched. *pets Carson*

And then, of course, there's this little gem:

"No lingering desires?"
              "Nothing I can say in present company."
              "Secret longings for his touch?"
              "Nope, just yours, flyboy."
              Last edited by ShipperWriter; 06 November 2012, 04:27 PM. Reason: You don't need [/quote] for yourself. *headsmack*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Yes, very much so. Though Hastings castle was closed, even though it said on the website it would be open, and the battle grounds was off-limits due to sogginess of the ground. But Battle abbey made up for it by being awesome, and the grounds are right next to it so didn't miss anything.

Visited a quaint little town called Rey which had these cobble stone streets, which I complained to my sister whomever invented cobble stone streets should have been forced to walk them barefoot to see they aren't ideal. She replied that it was that or mud... which shut me up.

And we played golf... twice... for the first time in our lives. One hour lesson and they told us if we wanted to we could come back and practice more which we did... IT WAS AWESOME. Too bad that playing or taking classes over here is so very expensive.
                Glad you had fun. Sorry you couldn't see the battle grounds.

Golf is an interesting sport. I've had a couple of chances to play it myself. I am okay at putting but can't drive the ball to save my life. The guy I was playing a round with resorted to picking up my ball and throwing it towards the hole.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Welcome! Feel free to stick your nose in this thread any time, we're always glad to see more Sparky fans here! And we all love Carson... he is, after all, totally a Sparky shipper.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  And then, of course, there's this little gem:

"No lingering desires?"
                  "Nothing I can say in present company."
                  "Secret longings for his touch?"
                  "Nope, just yours, flyboy."
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I LOVE your name! *points at my location* That is all.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Ooh, thanks. And I really like that banner Erin made. Looks awesome!
                    Thanks!
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      I LOVE your name! *points at my location* That is all.
                      Hee! I just had a giggle at your location! Awesome

Comment

Hee! I just had a giggle at your location! Awesome
                        Glad you finally made it over here Aang! You should come over here more often.
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Glad you finally made it over here Aang! You should come over here more often.
                          Indeed I kind of tripped over this thread when someone was chatting about Carson's breakdown in Irresistible...it caugh my interest

Comment

Indeed I kind of tripped over this thread when someone was chatting about Carson's breakdown in Irresistible...it caugh my interest
                            This thread and the Carson thread are the main places where I make my presence known on Gateworld. I get around on some SG1 threads and a few Sanctuary threads.

Here is a picture of my favorite SGA ship. I snurched it.

Eyes up laddie!
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

....hi everyone!
                              I guess now's as good a time as any to delurk....she said shyly.
                              I wasn't around when the stargate franchise first started up, but my dad got me hooked on Atlantis last year, and, consequently, I became a HUGE sparky shipper. I just love these two. You can just SEE little bits of chemistry floating around in their scenes.
                              Anyway...I was going to read the whole thread before posting...I only made it about 900 pages. I got too excited.
                              But I hope I'll have a blast here, you guys are a hoot.
                              I swear, this was supposed to be a short post
                              Daniel: You know referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental instability right?
                              McKay: Yeah, mentally unstable like a FOX!

O'neill: Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?!

Elizabeth: I'm not going anywhere
                              John: good, wouldn't be the same without you

Carson: You have a date Rodney? With a woman?

Comment

Welcome to the thread, Aang! Hope you enjoy it here.

And yes, that scene in "Irresistible" is hilarious.
                                sigpic
                                Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                                View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Working...
                                X