No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. The She-Demon needed some sugar to operate again.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

*gets to cuddle in Kate's neck for being a good little lemming*
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        *gets to cuddle in Kate's neck for being a good little lemming*
        You are a very good little lemming!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          You are a very good little lemming!
          Yes, I am.

Though, never underestimate the power of the Lemming though.

Comment

Behold...the power....of the Lemming!

Comment

Behold...

Spoiler:

And also, cause apparently I made it myself... to stay on topic...

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                *Sends you some Coca Cola*
                Thanks, JT-2.

Could you please send something much stronger next time?

OT RANT

Spoiler:
                Remember when I was complaining about a waste of human flesh my sister was dating a while back? Not only are they back together but his grandparents are forcing him to man up and marry my sister because he got her pregnant!! My world is quickly falling apart!!!!!
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

i was watching season 5 and it seems john has gotten a lot darker since season 4. like in outsiders he nearly blew off that guys head when he would tell him where Beckett was.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I did not know that, but I assume it has to do with the farmer tan. Actually, there are rednecks and then there are rednecks. Most of them are hard working salt of the earth types who think the fancy talking pointy headed intellectuals are nitwits. I tend to belong to that last group.

My future DIL is from West Virginia, but she is definitely not a redneck. Though she tells me she has plenty in her family. LOL
                    If memory serves it had something to do with a huge labor dispute at some coal mines that lead to armed conflict. All of the miners and their supporters tied red handkerchefs around there necks so they could know how was a friend when the shooting started. It was explained in a History Channel special about Hillbillies awhile back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                      Thank you, mandogater!
                      You're welcome, Sparks of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        I don't think I've said it yet, so welcome to the thread
                        Thanks, gateraid! I did see a "reputation" that you gave me a couple of days ago, though I'm not too sure what that is. *scratches head*

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        i was watching season 5 and it seems john has gotten a lot darker since season 4. like in outsiders he nearly blew off that guys head when he would tell him where Beckett was.
                        Have to agree. The burden of command and continuous stress seemed to really take its toll in the later seasons. In Season 5's "Inquisition" and "Remnants," when he was interrogated by the Coalition and tortured by Koyla, he spoke with a more bitterly sardonic rather than a light-heartily sarcastic tone of voice. He sounded really different from earlier episodes, such as Season 2's "The Hive." In the beginning, when the Queen was interrogating John, John smartly pointed out, "I don't even know your name." Even in the face of danger, he was still able to keep his quirky sense of humor. Later on, I think that his job just no longer held the initial excitement as it had during his first few years in Atlantis. Reality had finally sunk in, having to stop the Replicators from taking over the galaxy and dealing with Todd and his antics. Not to mention, he obviously also felt a deep sense of regret after they lost Carson and Elizabeth. It was difficult for him to accept that there was nothing that he could have done to change the past or bring back his lost friends, and that's what really killed him from the inside out.
                        sigpic
                        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Too many good quotes (and some I probably shouldn't re-quote) to go through them all

Hmmm, I wonder what John thinks is so impressive. I really really want to slap him here with the slobbering over Miss Penthouse.
                          It's just that she has some real estate that he's interested in. Location, location, location

Don't you mean the brilliant head scientist in her science outfit?
                          Give her some credit, it looks quite high tech to me - look at how much silicon is in it

Rodney Rodney Rodney. Can anyone ever born be more awkward with women?
                          *raises hand*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Ooh, Shep came back to fill in Elizabeth personally.

Perhaps in more ways than one.
                          Dirty Kitty

At least somebody is paying attention to the crisis at hand. Sheesh.

Is it just me or did it seem like they deliberately dressed Lizzeh drabber than usual. I can't help hating them for that.
                          I'mmmmm to sexy for my shirt...too sexy for my shirt.....sooooo sexy it hurts

Rodney explains that THEY ARE ALL GOING TO DIE. I have to say, I keep getting riveted to this scene every time I see it. And I keep wanting to smack the idiot Chancellor upside the head every time.
                          And surprisingly, the explanation isn't that farfetched (the volcano bit, not the shield bit)

Was anybody seriously thinking Sheyla at this point? They really dropped that ball, didn't they?
                          There was a ball? I thought it was a rock - too heavy to drag out of that cave

Geeze, the Ancients really sucked at naming things.
                          I dunno, I kinda liked it *shrugs*

You know, the way that Nerina keeps holding her hands behind her back all the time is starting to annoy me.
                          Just watched a review of a voyager ep where Janeway was doing the same thing (I notice she stopped doing it over the course of the show) and the reviewer compared her to an Emperor Penguin
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, gateraid! I did see a "reputation" that you gave me a couple of days ago, though I'm not too sure what that is. *scratches head*

Have to agree. The burden of command and continuous stress seemed to really take its toll in the later seasons. In Season 5's "Inquisition" and "Remnants," when he was interrogated by the Coalition and tortured by Koyla, he spoke with a more bitterly sardonic rather than a light-heartily sarcastic tone of voice. He sounded really different from earlier episodes, such as Season 2's "The Hive." In the beginning, when the Queen was interrogating John, John smartly pointed out, "I don't even know your name." Even in the face of danger, he was still able to keep his quirky sense of humor. Later on, I think that his job just no longer held the initial excitement as it had during his first few years in Atlantis. Reality had finally sunk in, having to stop the Replicators from taking over the galaxy and dealing with Todd and his antics. Not to mention, he obviously also felt a deep sense of regret after they lost Carson and Elizabeth. It was difficult for him to accept that there was nothing that he could have done to change the past or bring back his lost friends, and that's what really killed him from the inside out.
                            While I agree his tone and demeanor changed in the last two seasons, I don't think it was the burden of command per se. If anything, he had less responsibility when Carter and Woolsey were in charge. Whilst with all of them they generally stuck to their own responsibilities, when there was anything big, John and Elizabeth tended to discuss it and come to an agreement (not always though). With Carter and Woolsey, there was less discussion and more of a single-leader approach. I'm not saying one is better than the other in terms of running the city, just that there were two different styles.

Add to that from mid s3 to mid s4 the three (high ranking) people least likely to be in the line of fire were killed (Carson, Elizabeth, Kate) in arguably preventable deaths, which he would have felt some responsibility for, along with some remorse. All of that would have affected him somewhat. And sure, they got Teyla back after Michael took her, but it looked pretty grim at one point and again, she was someone he was responsible for
                            sigpic

Comment

Very good points. We get the best look at why John is like he is in S4-5 in Remnants when Kolya brings out that John feels guilty about all the losses and blames himself. It's a real shame that the scene they had written that directly mentioned Elizabeth never got filmed. Especially in S5 at times, it was like he had just given up and stopped trying to lighten the mood.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              While I agree his tone and demeanor changed in the last two seasons, I don't think it was the burden of command per se. If anything, he had less responsibility when Carter and Woolsey were in charge. Whilst with all of them they generally stuck to their own responsibilities, when there was anything big, John and Elizabeth tended to discuss it and come to an agreement (not always though). With Carter and Woolsey, there was less discussion and more of a single-leader approach. I'm not saying one is better than the other in terms of running the city, just that there were two different styles.

Add to that from mid s3 to mid s4 the three (high ranking) people least likely to be in the line of fire were killed (Carson, Elizabeth, Kate) in arguably preventable deaths, which he would have felt some responsibility for, along with some remorse. All of that would have affected him somewhat. And sure, they got Teyla back after Michael took her, but it looked pretty grim at one point and again, she was someone he was responsible for
                              This, yes this! John had suffered loss after loss after loss, and when it came to losing yet another team member, like he said to Keller in S&R, John just couldn't accept it. I think it goes back to his list of "family" in Sateda...Elizabeth, Carson, and now Teyla, which came to half of his list of those close to him. Throw Kate into the mix too because she was an important part of the expedition, and even though we never saw it, you just know John must have been forced to talk to her at some point after at least one of his suicide missions.

I think we must also consider the vast number of people under his command that John also lost. You could see it on his face after every incident, like in Phantoms, when members of the military were killed. As commanding officer, he would have had to write letters to all those loved ones, and I'm willing to bet every single time brought Elizabeth's "death" back home to him. Oh, and let's not forget Ford, whose death John never did accept.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I know about the letter writing. That is the job that every CO hates doing. It's worse than paperwork... I agree with Southern Red, every time he had to write one of those letters, the deaths of his friends came back to him in force most likely!

Comment

Working...
                                X