Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Ironic that his character begins and ends with clumsy maneuvers.
    Clumsy full circle!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Clumsy full circle!
      *sets out saucer of sugar* I haven't given you any in a while, so here, little Lemming.

Thankfully, my PhotoBucket has most of my Sparky pics, so I didn't completely lose everything.

Desk sitting is canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Yeah, you are pretty scary. I can see that happening.

Hmmm, mullet. Now that's an idea. Wonder how that would look. I could so rock that look.
        Dear, you're southern, not a redneck. You're part of the upper echelon, not part of the stereotype

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Gotta love that gif

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I wonder if they considered that?

The servers would've gone into meltdown.
        But the ratings would have been through the roof

The way he jumps over that car, so little grace, his feet sticking up like that... ...It's like that time in Rising where he slides down that slope behind Rachel - unscripted slip-up but it stuck.
        Both add an element of realism. There's even a bit in SGA Rising

Spoiler:

Adoremus where Carson does much the same thing

*crawls into thread*

I think I've OD'd on "Avengers" Clint/Natasha fanfic. *shakes head* No, not possible.
        I'm deliberately staying away from all of 'that'. So if you're on LJ and I've completely ignored your posts on the subject, that's why

Yes, but Joe interpreted the script the way we wanted him to in a manner that fit the situation.
        In Joe we trust, or whatever the company line is. Arguably I could see him doing the same for Rodney, but between that and the nanite argument, the ep is pretty pro-sparky. Heh heh Gero, foiled again

ROFL.
        Pithy, but accurate aye

*snorts frappe through nose*
        But you would have tuned in for that, wouldn't you
        sigpic

Comment

*crawls into thread*

I think I've OD'd on "Avengers" Clint/Natasha fanfic. *shakes head* No, not possible.
          Definitely not possible. I've been binging on Tony/Pepper fanfic and haven't OD'd yet.

Clumsy full circle!
          I guess that makes Sheppard the Alpha and Omega of SGA.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          I wonder if they considered that?
          That would be giving TPTW far too much credit.

But the ratings would have been through the roof
          And promptly brought the roof down on us all.

In Joe we trust, or whatever the company line is. Arguably I could see him doing the same for Rodney, but between that and the nanite argument, the ep is pretty pro-sparky. Heh heh Gero, foiled again
          Always a good day when that happens.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm deliberately staying away from all of 'that'. So if you're on LJ and I've completely ignored your posts on the subject, that's why
            No problem. I've just started posting and ranting and raving. Give me a few days ... I'll simmer down.

But shipping aside, "The Avengers" has become my new favorite movie.

I personally love how Shep explodes on McKay once he finds out he reactivated the nanites. "D***it, McKay!" was not used enough on that show.

Pithy, but accurate aye

But you would have tuned in for that, wouldn't you
            What, tuned in for me exhaling a frappe -- oh, you meant the mindfrak. Yeah. That would've been ... *snorts laughter* ... interesting.

Comment

Definitely not possible. I've been binging on Tony/Pepper fanfic and haven't OD'd yet.
              I forgot about Pepperony!!! *goes to find fic*

I guess that makes Sheppard the Alpha and Omega of SGA.
              Well, we already knew he was the Alpha. Male, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                Thank you all for a great warm welcome! I'm looking forward to being a part of an amazing community dedicated to honoring the relationship between the two original leaders of Atlantis.
                Welcome to our merry band, Sparks of Atlantis!!!

Sorry about missing another post-a-thon, everybody. RL is sucking worse than a Wraith at the moment and it keeps adding on. My boss is sick so I had to work alone today and almost got burried alive. Now it appears he may not be back till Thursday at the earliest. I'm going to be in serious need of a Sparky pick me up by the end of the week.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*crawls into thread*

So what'd I miss?

Yes, but Joe interpreted the script the way we wanted him to in a manner that fit the situation.

ROFL.

Amen.

*snorts frappe through nose*

Oh, for the love of all that is holy. Please don't.

Dang it! I've been away for so long, I've forgotten all the :smilie: codes! I used to know most of the John and Elizabeth smilies by heart!

Oh well. While I finish burning the "Avengers" DVD, gotta go clean the bathroom.

*lurks*
                  I was going to tell you that the only thing you missed was that I'm growing a mullet, but I see you already know. Pics to follow.

Dear, you're southern, not a redneck. You're part of the upper echelon, not part of the stereotype
                  Contrary to what you might think, I'm not a Southern belle. Belles have rich daddies or at least come from gentile poverty. That means they are what is called "land poor" meaning they own land but don't have much in the bank. Myself, I come from a long line of the reddest necks south of the Mason Dixon line dating all the way back to my great great great great granddaddy who hid in the root cellar rather than fight in the Revolutionary War and down to my cousins who ran moonshine on the back roads of North Carolina. Oh yeah, a mullet would fit right into my family tree.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I was going to tell you that the only thing you missed was that I'm growing a mullet, but I see you already know. Pics to follow.

Contrary to what you might think, I'm not a Southern belle. Belles have rich daddies or at least come from gentile poverty. That means they are what is called "land poor" meaning they own land but don't have much in the bank. Myself, I come from a long line of the reddest necks south of the Mason Dixon line dating all the way back to my great great great great granddaddy who hid in the root cellar rather than fight in the Revolutionary War and down to my cousins who ran moonshine on the back roads of North Carolina. Oh yeah, a mullet would fit right into my family tree.
                    Don't care if it fits you're roots or not. Please in the name of all that is Sparky, DON'T GROW A MULLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, did you know the term redneck originated in West Virginia?
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

SHIPPERWRITER IS BACK! Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!

The way he jumps over that car, so little grace, his feet sticking up like that... ...It's like that time in Rising where he slides down that slope behind Rachel - unscripted slip-up but it stuck.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Welcome to our merry band, Sparks of Atlantis!!!

Sorry about missing another post-a-thon, everybody. RL is sucking worse than a Wraith at the moment and it keeps adding on. My boss is sick so I had to work alone today and almost got burried alive. Now it appears he may not be back till Thursday at the earliest. I'm going to be in serious need of a Sparky pick me up by the end of the week.
                      *Sends you some Coca Cola*

Now it all makes sense! *hair flip*

Comment

And promptly brought the roof down on us all.

Always a good day when that happens.
                        True, dat

No problem. I've just started posting and ranting and raving. Give me a few days ... I'll simmer down.

But shipping aside, "The Avengers" has become my new favorite movie.

I personally love how Shep explodes on McKay once he finds out he reactivated the nanites. "D***it, McKay!" was not used enough on that show.
                        You mean a heartfelt argument? There were not enough of them IMO. But as with everything, balance is the key. SGA isn't BSG, they don't need to argue every day, that would alter the tone of the show. But considering what they were dealing with, it was unrealistic to assume that they disagreed so little

What, tuned in for me exhaling a frappe -- oh, you meant the mindfrak. Yeah. That would've been ... *snorts laughter* ... interesting.
                        Sheppard: Lizalelya, I love you....*kiss*

Viewers: Which one did he mean?????

Down here, we call that asset rich (and cash poor), which is the lot of most in the farming community (within reason - those that don't go down the farming-family path sell up when they retire, so, ca-ching!). And the term redneck here would be....cletus from the simpsons? Joe Dirt? Mullets here are generally associated with bogans (that or shaved heads), who drive Fords or Holdens, are hard out into Metallica and ACDC (nothing wrong with that), spend the weekend doing burnouts and drifting, and make love to their sister
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Don't care if it fits you're roots or not. Please in the name of all that is Sparky, DON'T GROW A MULLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, did you know the term redneck originated in West Virginia?
                          I did not know that, but I assume it has to do with the farmer tan. Actually, there are rednecks and then there are rednecks. Most of them are hard working salt of the earth types who think the fancy talking pointy headed intellectuals are nitwits. I tend to belong to that last group.

My future DIL is from West Virginia, but she is definitely not a redneck. Though she tells me she has plenty in her family. LOL
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Sheppard: Lizalelya, I love you....*kiss*

Viewers: Which one did he mean?????
                            *snorts out soda* OMG that's hilarious!

Down here, we call that asset rich (and cash poor), which is the lot of most in the farming community (within reason - those that don't go down the farming-family path sell up when they retire, so, ca-ching!). And the term redneck here would be....cletus from the simpsons? Joe Dirt? Mullets here are generally associated with bogans (that or shaved heads), who drive Fords or Holdens, are hard out into Metallica and ACDC (nothing wrong with that), spend the weekend doing burnouts and drifting, and make love to their sister
                            METALLICA!!

Comment

*sets out saucer of sugar* I haven't given you any in a while, so here, little Lemming.

Thankfully, my PhotoBucket has most of my Sparky pics, so I didn't completely lose everything.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...tl_213_925.jpg

Desk sitting is canon.
                              Love your new sig, ShipperWriter!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I did not know that, but I assume it has to do with the farmer tan. Actually, there are rednecks and then there are rednecks. Most of them are hard working salt of the earth types who think the fancy talking pointy headed intellectuals are nitwits. I tend to belong to that last group.
                                I think what I described above (cletus) would more correctly be called a hic here, rather than a redneck. The hics are closer to our bogans, but our farmers are....generally into the outdoors - hunting, fishing, rugby, beer

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                *snorts out soda* OMG that's hilarious!

METALLICA!!
                                I like Metallica too. I guess I'm a mongrel - bogeneck?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X