Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Welcome to the Sparky thread!! Those episodes are my favorites as well.
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    A great big welcome. All of us love those episodes and hope you will choose to jump in and contribute whenever the mood strikes you.
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Welcome to the Sparky thread! It's always awesome to see new friends joining us for our unique brand of insanity fun, and we hope you enjoy your stay here!
    Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Welcome to the thread, it’s always great to meet new people.
    Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Welcome to the thread. Hope you like it here.
    Thank you all for a great warm welcome! I'm looking forward to being a part of an amazing community dedicated to honoring the relationship between the two original leaders of Atlantis.
    sigpic
    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

When you get it long enough, an animated gif NEEDS to be made.
      It does, it really does. And if you're self conscious and only want to share it with a select few, I've pre-selected myself

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. It fits Adama so well.
      It's funny - looking at that vid now, after time has passed, there really is such a contrast between the first two seasons and the last one (there are large parts of s3 that "never happened", lol). Sure, the first two were dark, but they also had some up moments too, and some really funny bits. Buuut, it was a show about the human race being hunted to the point of extinction, so meh, darkness is to be expected.

And Joe went with the body language that just screamed out to the audience. LOVE YA, JOE!
      He sure did. Regardless of how the office scene was scripted, the infirmary one would likely have just read "sheppard pauses, taking in the news" instead of "sheppard fights back tears"

Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you here (and on Twitter) for being so supportive of me during the last few weeks. It means so much. It's just so nice to know I've got people praying for me or thinking of me and just being on my side. So here's some lovely Sparky scenes as a gift to you all:
      You know we all love you. Just sayin

Totally not scripted

Scripted, although they'd have us think otherwise

Scripted, perhaps not in a shippy way (I don't necessarily see it as overly shippy, in the context of the episode ie there were waaaay more shippy scenes than that)

Awww. They're so innocent there. **** you Gero

Scripted, but this is not-on-the-page. <3 Joe and Torri. Imagine this scene with Sam and Cam (I'm using those two because while I like the relationship [they're actually pretty relaxed together] they're not shippy exactly). It could have been delivered in the same manner - with a similar look even - but not be 'a sign'. If that makes any sense

Married couple. Just sayin

Joe. Legend. Nuff said

Wouldn't it have been a giant mindfrak if she'd been able to 'takeover' Teyla's body temporarily, instead of Fran's?

John feels sad. John doesn't think that is the real Elizabeth coz he would have gotten her back. Seriously - get a jumper, go and scoop her up, a ten minute round trip including the walk up to the jumper bay

Edit: this is clearly a script contrivance. There is no logical reason they couldn't have gotten Franibeth back. Even if it was not allowed per se, duuuude - you have a gun, Woolsey has a pen and a weak bladder
      Last edited by gateraid; 14 October 2012, 11:42 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

56 guests. I see we still have that technical glitch
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          It does, it really does. And if you're self conscious and only want to share it with a select few, I've pre-selected myself
          Only if I can do it from the back.

Scripted, but this is not-on-the-page. <3 Joe and Torri. Imagine this scene with Sam and Cam (I'm using those two because while I like the relationship [they're actually pretty relaxed together] they're not shippy exactly). It could have been delivered in the same manner - with a similar look even - but not be 'a sign'. If that makes any sense
          Good point. That scene would also have worked with Rodney. She frequently made little smirky faces at things he said, several scenes in Echoes come to mind. But it was the Joe/Torri chemistry that made all the difference.

Wouldn't it have been a giant mindfrak if she'd been able to 'takeover' Teyla's body temporarily, instead of Fran's?
          Now that would have escalated the ship war big time. But there still would have been no romantic chemistry. Actually I think Joe and Michelle Morgan had good chemistry also.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

56 guests. I see we still have that technical glitch
            What glitch? I'm not having any problems. Also, I really like those eyesex scenes.
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Only if I can do it from the back.
              I sure hope you meant the gif, not the haircut Noooooo, not a mullet

Good point. That scene would also have worked with Rodney. She frequently made little smirky faces at things he said, several scenes in Echoes come to mind. But it was the Joe/Torri chemistry that made all the difference.
              Agreed. Chemistry: they haz it

Now that would have escalated the ship war big time. But there still would have been no romantic chemistry. Actually I think Joe and Michelle Morgan had good chemistry also.
              Wouldn't it just? Especially if they kissed. GW would have had to be shut down

What glitch? I'm not having any problems. Also, I really like those eyesex scenes.
              Neither am I exactly. Occasionally it says there are more guests on-line (temporarily) than what there are, then ten minutes later everything is back to normal. It went up to 93 guests in between those two posts, and then down to seven. I doubt that many guests wanted to see what I'd posted Although that would mean I scared them all off - that I can see
              Last edited by gateraid; 15 October 2012, 06:19 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I sure hope you meant the gif, not the haircut Noooooo, not a mullet

Agreed. Chemistry: they haz it

Neither am I exactly. Occasionally it says there are more guests on-line (temporarily) than what there are, then ten minutes later everything is back to normal. It went up to 93 guests in between those two posts, and then down to seven. I doubt that many guests wanted to see what I'd posted Although that would mean I scared them all off - that I can see
                Yeah, you are pretty scary. I can see that happening.

Hmmm, mullet. Now that's an idea. Wonder how that would look. I could so rock that look.
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, mullet. Now that's an idea. Wonder how that would look. I could so rock that look.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Have I told you I'm letting my hair grow out just so I can flip it? My hairdresser says maybe by Christmas. \0/
                    Oh, now this I'm going to have to see!

Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you here (and on Twitter) for being so supportive of me during the last few weeks. It means so much. It's just so nice to know I've got people praying for me or thinking of me and just being on my side. So here's some lovely Sparky scenes as a gift to you all:
                    <snip for space>
                    *hugs you so much*

John feels sad. John doesn't think that is the real Elizabeth coz he would have gotten her back. Seriously - get a jumper, go and scoop her up, a ten minute round trip including the walk up to the jumper bay

Edit: this is clearly a script contrivance. There is no logical reason they couldn't have gotten Franibeth back. Even if it was not allowed per se, duuuude - you have a gun, Woolsey has a pen and a weak bladder

The servers would've gone into meltdown.

OMG. *cracks up*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                      I hate to do this to a pregnant woman, but...*hair flip*

Oh and I love your new sig.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/smilies/2.gif
                        Nice new sig. Good job, I like the quote.
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I hate to do this to a pregnant woman, but...*hair flip*

Oh and I love your new sig.
                          Nice new sig. Good job, I like the quote.
                          Thanks for the sig compliments.

Hair flip doesn't bother me. My hair is down to the middle of my back so flipping it is the only way to get it out of the way. It was the MULLET talk that caused me to run in fright.
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't grow my hair out. It always turns into a mullet no matter what I do.

Comment

For those who like men:
                              The way he jumps over that car, so little grace, his feet sticking up like that... ...It's like that time in Rising where he slides down that slope behind Rachel - unscripted slip-up but it stuck.

For those who like women:
                              Aye Caramba!

Missa likes Sparky 2.0. Of course, Sparky 1.0 still rules, but Sparky 2.0 does have something... that I like.

And also ... *steals Pocus's running smiley*
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*crawls into thread*

I think I've OD'd on "Avengers" Clint/Natasha fanfic. *shakes head* No, not possible.

So what'd I miss?

He sure did. Regardless of how the office scene was scripted, the infirmary one would likely have just read "sheppard pauses, taking in the news" instead of "sheppard fights back tears"
                                Yes, but Joe interpreted the script the way we wanted him to in a manner that fit the situation.

Awww. They're so innocent there. **** you Gero
                                ROFL.

Married couple. Just sayin
                                Amen.

*snorts frappe through nose*

Oh, for the love of all that is holy. Please don't.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                The way he jumps over that car, so little grace, his feet sticking up like that... ...It's like that time in Rising where he slides down that slope behind Rachel - unscripted slip-up but it stuck.
                                Ironic that his character begins and ends with clumsy maneuvers.

Dang it! I've been away for so long, I've forgotten all the :smilie: codes! I used to know most of the John and Elizabeth smilies by heart!

Oh well. While I finish burning the "Avengers" DVD, gotta go clean the bathroom.

*lurks*

Comment

Working...
                                X