Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I don't have time to make vids, but if I did I'd totally make a Sparky-flavored vid about Elizabeth, starting from TRW, set to Anthem of the Angels. Go listen and you'll totally understand. IT'S SO PERFECT OMGBBQ.

You're Dead Alive...
    I keep holding on to you, but I can't bring you back to life...sing the Anthem of the Angels, and say the last goodbye...

And the end of the song and John's face in GITM and the floating in space and the end of the song and GAH. *flails*

The rest of the Album just has an angry, agonized sort of feel to the majority of the lyrics of the songs which is perfect for Primum Movens. But much of their actual music is very loud, lots of guitar, and has a fast pace, which supplements the action without being too dragged out depressing. It's not 'heavy' if that makes sense. It's perfect.

I know this was a little while back now but, You know it's funny you mentioned that. I'd been listening to "Anthem of the Angels" a lot latley, but I have to admit I didn't actually make a connection to sparky there. It does work, but I suppose thinking about it now, if I were to try and imagine the best connection to Stargate, I'd say maybe its a song about the fandomn and their relationship with the show?

(With various interpretations of exactly why, of course.)

Actually I suppose I could probably think of lots of ways to connect Breaking Benjamen to Stargate or it's fans. TPTB definitely did a lot to make some fans angry enough to sing about it.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Parts of this song sound so Sparky to me. Other parts not so much, but I wonder if any vidders could make something of it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Checking in. Those of you on Twitter know that my life has gotten a bit stressful lately. I will really try to be around more often. I know I've said that several times now.

If any of you are the praying types, could you please send me and my mom some? Things are going downhill with her and it's sucking all my energy.

I signed up for a Sparktober bingo card, so I'm hoping having a deadline will get me more motivated.

Miss you all like crazy!!!
        I've sent all of my prayers to you! And if you need to talk, I'll be right in here.

Comment

Hey sparkies. JT I'll say a prayer y'all. Ya go my number so feel free to call. We had our outage last week and I'm still kinda weary. I think that Neon Trees songs "Everybody Talks" and "Animal" would make a good sparky songs. There alt rock type pop songs but we need fun sparky too.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            I know this was a little while back now but, You know it's funny you mentioned that. I'd been listening to "Anthem of the Angels" a lot latley, but I have to admit I didn't actually make a connection to sparky there. It does work, but I suppose thinking about it now, if I were to try and imagine the best connection to Stargate, I'd say maybe its a song about the fandomn and their relationship with the show?

(With various interpretations of exactly why, of course.)

Actually I suppose I could probably think of lots of ways to connect Breaking Benjamen to Stargate or it's fans. TPTB definitely did a lot to make some fans angry enough to sing about it.
            I was listening to it again and I don't know if, when I first heard it, the Elizabeth/John canon story was the first thing that popped into my head (I must have been angsty, or something?) but after I recced it to Scary Kitty, I went back and relistened and thought 'you know, this is an incredibly morbid song!' But in general I see the Sparky vid, and I guess that's why I like it so much, because it works with Elizabeth's story so well. But just listening to it straight up, yeah, it's a very sad song!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            Hey sparkies. JT I'll say a prayer y'all. Ya go my number so feel free to call. We had our outage last week and I'm still kinda weary. I think that Neon Trees songs "Everybody Talks" and "Animal" would make a good sparky songs. There alt rock type pop songs but we need fun sparky too.
            Hmmm...I don't think I know Neon Trees. I'll have to check them out.

Rivalry Weekend, PKPRD. 'member these?

Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              Parts of this song sound so Sparky to me. Other parts not so much, but I wonder if any vidders could make something of it.

That song was great and very Sparky. I'm sure some very talented vidder could do a great job with it.

I was listening to it again and I don't know if, when I first heard it, the Elizabeth/John canon story was the first thing that popped into my head (I must have been angsty, or something?) but after I recced it to Scary Kitty, I went back and relistened and thought 'you know, this is an incredibly morbid song!' But in general I see the Sparky vid, and I guess that's why I like it so much, because it works with Elizabeth's story so well. But just listening to it straight up, yeah, it's a very sad song!

Hmmm...I don't think I know Neon Trees. I'll have to check them out.

Rivalry Weekend, PKPRD. 'member these?

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Liz1_vols.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...ast_UTfans.jpg
              So, is there a bet this year? How excited are you, pkprd, that Reese Witherspoon named her baby "Tennessee." Now we need one named "Georgia" and we'll be all set. "Hokie" is probably out of the question, but nothing would surprise me anymore.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

okay what's up with the orange?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  okay what's up with the orange?
                  What? Oh, pkprd is a University of Tennessee fan. Notice the T on John's shirt and Rodney's belt buckle. Their school colors are orange and white. Eri is a University of Georgia fan. They are big rivals in football. This manip is a result of Georgia losing the game and Eri losing a bet with pkprd. Whew! Hopefully that makes sense. We talk a lot about college football here in the fall since John was a college football fan. It may not always make sense if you're not a football fan.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    What? Oh, pkprd is a University of Tennessee fan. Notice the T on John's shirt and Rodney's belt buckle. Their school colors are orange and white. Eri is a University of Georgia fan. They are big rivals in football. This manip is a result of Georgia losing the game and Eri losing a bet with pkprd. Whew! Hopefully that makes sense. We talk a lot about college football here in the fall since John was a college football fan. It may not always make sense if you're not a football fan.
                    I follow Pro football more than College. My Godfather's son used to play for USC (and i know they and Stanford (which is where John went to school at) have a big rivarly going so i used to go to college games every now and then.

it's been a while since i been to a college football game. hell it's been over ten years since i've been to a NFL game and 5 years since i've been to a High School football game. but trust me i am a football fan.

Favorite team is the Green Bay Packers. (so if you followed the news i was mighty miffed when they got robbed on monday night playing the seahawks)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! And there's no one prettier than our Sparky!

Yeah, it is pretty morbid and sad. But then, so is the situation that Elizabeth is left in by canon. *glares at TPTW*

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      I follow Pro football more than College. My Godfather's son used to play for USC (and i know they and Stanford (which is where John went to school at) have a big rivarly going so i used to go to college games every now and then.

it's been a while since i been to a college football game. hell it's been over ten years since i've been to a NFL game and 5 years since i've been to a High School football game. but trust me i am a football fan.

Favorite team is the Green Bay Packers. (so if you followed the news i was mighty miffed when they got robbed on monday night playing the seahawks)
                      Canon fact check: All John said was, "My dad's idea of teenage rebellion was going to Stanford instead of Harvard." Fans have interpreted that line to mean that John went to Stanford, but it has never been explicitly stated that he did. For all we know, it could've been John's father who went to Stanford (thus explaining why he thought of it as rebellion).

As for the NFL, there's a reason why it's called the No Fun League. I ignore them.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Canon fact check: All John said was, "My dad's idea of teenage rebellion was going to Stanford instead of Harvard." Fans have interpreted that line to mean that John went to Stanford, but it has never been explicitly stated that he did. For all we know, it could've been John's father who went to Stanford (thus explaining why he thought of it as rebellion).

As for the NFL, there's a reason why it's called the No Fun League. I ignore them.
                        The "No Fun League?" don't think i ever heard that before. I wanna think that Patrick went to Harvard and i betcha [SLASH]Doug[/SLASH] Dave went because he was daddy's favorite. he wanted John to go as well but John decided to be his own man and go some where else.

Comment

What is done on "Pretty Friday"?
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            What is done on "Pretty Friday"?
                            That should be self-evident.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So we basically just yak about the two of them?
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                So we basically just yak about the two of them?
                                We do this:

See the PRETTY?
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X