• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    check out this little puppy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35546[/ATTACH]

Found it on deviantart

Summary from the pic:
    The next generations of Atlantians. Just think about it. Those of you who know the show, know that the crew will never leave the city, and most likely will raise their children there. So, here they are.

First is Melony Beckett, the daughter of Dr Carson Beckett, (notice the little turtle on her sweater ^_^)

Then there is Torren John, Teyla and Kanaans' son (also the oldest of the bunch and wearing his mothers traditional garb).

Eve Sheppard, Daughter of Lt. Col. John Sheppard and Dr. Elizabeth Weir (total sparky, she has similar personalities to her father, but with the sensical thinking of her mother).

Carson McKay, son of Dr. Rodney McKay and Dr. Keller (named after his buddy Carson Beckett and also just as smug as his father)

and Sate Dex, Son of Ronan Dex (also the youngest, he is named after Ronans' home world)
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    What SK said. The next 2 parts are gonna slay you.

That was great. That Sparky kid has her daddy's twinkle in her eye, that's for sure. And interesting we don't know who the mothers of the Ronon and Carson kids are. Why does everybody spell Ronon's name wrong?
    Love it, except....what arrogant shmuck names their kid Eve?

Plus, as SR pointed out, we don't know the mother's of Ronon's and Carson's kids. But given TPTW's attitude to relationships (nobody ever has feelings unless they're unrequited, or they come out of nowhere) I guess it's not a stretch for either of them to find their one-twu-wuv the day prior to conception. Heck, let's make one of them an immaculate conception, that would solve a lot of shipping problems for them. *breathe*
    Last edited by gateraid; 22 September 2012, 06:34 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

check out this little puppy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35546[/ATTACH]

Found it on deviantart

Summary from the pic:
      The next generations of Atlantians. Just think about it. Those of you who know the show, know that the crew will never leave the city, and most likely will raise their children there. So, here they are.

First is Melony Beckett, the daughter of Dr Carson Beckett, (notice the little turtle on her sweater ^_^)

Then there is Torren John, Teyla and Kanaans' son (also the oldest of the bunch and wearing his mothers traditional garb).

Eve Sheppard, Daughter of Lt. Col. John Sheppard and Dr. Elizabeth Weir (total sparky, she has similar personalities to her father, but with the sensical thinking of her mother).

Carson McKay, son of Dr. Rodney McKay and Dr. Keller (named after his buddy Carson Beckett and also just as smug as his father)

and Sate Dex, Son of Ronan Dex (also the youngest, he is named after Ronans' home world)
      Nice! The kids are adorkable. I wonder if they've got any other Sparky art... Got a link back to the artist's page that you can share?

What SK said. The next 2 parts are gonna slay you.

That was great. That Sparky kid has her daddy's twinkle in her eye, that's for sure. And interesting we don't know who the mothers of the Ronon and Carson kids are. Why does everybody spell Ronon's name wrong?
      Yeah, why does everyone spell Ronon's name wrong?

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Maybe it's a nickname?

Plus, as SR pointed out, we don't know the mother's of Ronon's and Carson's kids. But given TPTW's attitude to relationships (nobody ever has feelings unless they're unrequited, or they come out of nowhere) I guess it's not a stretch for either of them to find their one-twu-wuv the day prior to conception. Heck, let's make one of them an immaculate conception, that would solve a lot of shipping problems for them. *breathe*
      *snorts*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Still cranky I see. Do I have to make good on my threat?

I do agree though. Ronon probably went for a walk with someone and she came back pregnant. And Carson, well he's a doctor, so it was probably an experiment. Or another clone. Meanwhile, Teyla is still pining for John, who's sekritly pining for Rodney, who's still not over Sam, and Elizabeth is eyeing Ronon's muscles when John's not looking. Hello? Soap opera anyone. If TPTB had stayed in control much longer, that's what we would have ended up with.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Nice! The kids are adorkable. I wonder if they've got any other Sparky art... Got a link back to the artist's page that you can share?

Maybe it's a nickname?

*snorts*
          i'm looking for the link right now but it's going to take me a while to find it again. it was deep with in the search engine of john sheppard and elizabeth weir on deviant art.

Comment

found it http://chibi-twilight.deviantart.com/ to the atlantians the next generation artist.

Comment

Hello sparkies!!!

Quick post just to say there is a new baby in my family. I have a little niece (my second niece) and she's soooooo beautiful. I'm so happy.

And the most important, I loooooove "Box of Dreams". Can't wait to read the next chapter.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Hello sparkies!!!

Quick post just to say there is a new baby in my family. I have a little niece (my second niece) and she's soooooo beautiful. I'm so happy.

And the most important, I loooooove "Box of Dreams". Can't wait to read the next chapter.
                Congrats and YAY! You'll want to brace yourself for the next couple of chapters though. Particularly one little Teyla part. And don't you just love Kanaan in this one? This is the character he could have been instead of the invisible babysitter.
                sigpic

Comment

Here are my Sparky kids, a set of twins: Olivia Katherine Sheppard and John Joseph Sheppard Jr and in my sequel to my current story "The World Goes On" they'll have a younger brother, Max Sheppard.

Olivia and JJ are essentially mini version of their parents at the moment. JJ is his father's son in more ways than one. Olivia is her mother's daughter, but her personality is a composite of both mom and dad. Max will be a mix of both parents in terms of looks, and his personality is more like Elizabeth's.

Let loose on me what you will.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    So yesterday I decided to test out my theory about if I figure a song would be a perfect tribute video for something, then maybe somebody else has thought the same and made it.

I was listening to "Unknown Solider" by Breaking Benjamen and long thought it would be a good song for a video about Ronon and went looking for any already made.

It was close. I think I found at least 2 Ronon tributes set to other Breaking Benjamen songs, one tribute to the Ronon centric episode Broken Ties, one general Stargate Atlantis tribute and one video that appeared to be Sheppard/Dex slash.

It's a super high tempo song, so any scene that doesn't have action in it while it's playing in the background almost looks out of place. I thought the general tribute handled that slightly better. Funnily enough I wasn't even looking for anything specifically here about John and Elizabeth but often notice them in general tributes anyway because it was both a huge part of the show.

Spoiler:

Today I searched for a Wraith tribute set to "Devour" and couldn't see any. Maybe I should take it up with the Wraith Defenders or something.
                    GAH! I just have to comment that I LOVE Breaking Benjamin. Unknown Soldier is a fave, and my inspiration track for the whole of Primum Movens IS Dear Agony, their latest (I think still latest) album. Anthem of the Angels is the absolute perfect song for Elizabeth's 'situation' and Dear Agony, the title track, is so good for John.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

To be fair, I assumed it was spelled with an a too, until I saw it written down. The Ronan in TLC (the dude who stabbed Bra'tac) had that spelling *shrugs*

Maybe it's a nickname?
                      But a bit OTT unless you give birth to a superhero

*snorts*
                      Still cranky I see. Do I have to make good on my threat?
                      I work best when cranky

I do agree though. Ronon probably went for a walk with someone and she came back pregnant. And Carson, well he's a doctor, so it was probably an experiment. Or another clone. Meanwhile, Teyla is still pining for John, who's sekritly pining for Rodney, who's still not over Sam, and Elizabeth is eyeing Ronon's muscles when John's not looking. Hello? Soap opera anyone. If TPTB had stayed in control much longer, that's what we would have ended up with.
                      I think they oversanitised the show. In their effort to stamp out ship, they pretended nobody had any feelings (friendship or otherwise) which was unrealistic and just lead to people either seeing things that weren't there, misinterpreting some things, or just making stuff up. And all of that led to a fractured and frustrated fanbase

Hello sparkies!!!

Congratulations And belated congratulations on your news from last week too
                      sigpic

Comment

found it http://chibi-twilight.deviantart.com/ to the atlantians the next generation artist.
                        Thanks for the link! *goes to look* Darn, looks like the pic you found is the only SGA thing they've got. Bummer.

Hello sparkies!!!

Yay, congrats on the new niece!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        GAH! I just have to comment that I LOVE Breaking Benjamin. Unknown Soldier is a fave, and my inspiration track for the whole of Primum Movens IS Dear Agony, their latest (I think still latest) album. Anthem of the Angels is the absolute perfect song for Elizabeth's 'situation' and Dear Agony, the title track, is so good for John.
                        Oooh, now I'm going to have to go listen to those songs and get a musical feel for PM.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think they oversanitised the show. In their effort to stamp out ship, they pretended nobody had any feelings (friendship or otherwise) which was unrealistic and just lead to people either seeing things that weren't there, misinterpreting some things, or just making stuff up. And all of that led to a fractured and frustrated fanbase
                          Or people not seeing things that they kept telling us were there or were meant to be there but we were just too dense to see them or something.
                          sigpic

Comment

I work best when cranky
                            That definitely seems to be Rodney's modus operandi.

Or people not seeing things that they kept telling us were there or were meant to be there but we were just too dense to see them or something.
                            In other words: badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.

Comment

Thanks for the link! *goes to look* Darn, looks like the pic you found is the only SGA thing they've got. Bummer.

Yay, congrats on the new niece!

Oooh, now I'm going to have to go listen to those songs and get a musical feel for PM.
                              I don't have time to make vids, but if I did I'd totally make a Sparky-flavored vid about Elizabeth, starting from TRW, set to Anthem of the Angels. Go listen and you'll totally understand. IT'S SO PERFECT OMGBBQ.

You're Dead Alive...
                              I keep holding on to you, but I can't bring you back to life...sing the Anthem of the Angels, and say the last goodbye...

And the end of the song and John's face in GITM and the floating in space and the end of the song and GAH. *flails*

The rest of the Album just has an angry, agonized sort of feel to the majority of the lyrics of the songs which is perfect for Primum Movens. But much of their actual music is very loud, lots of guitar, and has a fast pace, which supplements the action without being too dragged out depressing. It's not 'heavy' if that makes sense. It's perfect.
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Dropping in because I just have to share this wonderful beautiful amazing video. It made me all teary (but in a good way). If you think it's slow, just hang in there until 2:30 and then it will all be worth it (not that everything until that point isn't worth watching – it totally is).

Spoiler:

Why can't this be real?!
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X