No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time differences can be a huge pain in the gluteus maximus. But they can be worked around. Thanks for telling me what UST means.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

A bit OT: I just saw the Space Shuttle Endeavour fly over my hometown before it landed at LAX!

So, I understand the list of our Sparky Days has been requested?

Sunday: Lazy Day
      Monday: Canon Day
      Tuesday: Smutty Day
      Wednesday: Screw the Angst Day
      Thursday: Fluff Day
      Friday: Pretty Day
      Saturday: Sparky!Family Day

And there you have it.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thank you very much. I was just curious. I think that my favorite Sparky days are Tuesdays and Saturdays. Even though I myself cannot write the smut, I will read it. The family day I like because my SGA story (and its sequel) with be largely family based.

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I just have Kate-is-my-owner-days, every day of the week... life is simple when you're a lemming.

Oh, and special holidays are labeled "chew-Rodney's-cables-day"...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I like the sound of "chew Rodney's cables day"!

Comment

I have to admit I was actually curious about the Sparky days of the week everybody kept referencing. Although I did also wonder if there was an angst day specifically and a different screw the angst day.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I just have Kate-is-my-owner-days, every day of the week... life is simple when you're a lemming.

Oh, and special holidays are labeled "chew-Rodney's-cables-day"...

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                I like the sound of "chew Rodney's cables day"!
                I know, right? Every day should be "chew Rodney's cables day!"

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                I have to admit I was actually curious about the Sparky days of the week everybody kept referencing. Although I did also wonder if there was an angst day specifically and a different screw the angst day.
                As I recall, it was originally just "Angst Day," but at some point early on, I thought that was too depressing and changed it to "Screw the Angst Day" in order to take a stand against the angst. You know, the whole "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" kind of thing.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I know, right? Every day should be "chew Rodney's cables day!"

As I recall, it was originally just "Angst Day," but at some point early on, I thought that was too depressing and changed it to "Screw the Angst Day" in order to take a stand against the angst. You know, the whole "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" kind of thing.
                  Yeah, we don't need no stinkin' angst. Though I will admit that I love me some woobie face.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So yesterday I decided to test out my theory about if I figure a song would be a perfect tribute video for something, then maybe somebody else has thought the same and made it.

I was listening to "Unknown Solider" by Breaking Benjamen and long thought it would be a good song for a video about Ronon and went looking for any already made.

It was close. I think I found at least 2 Ronon tributes set to other Breaking Benjamen songs, one tribute to the Ronon centric episode Broken Ties, one general Stargate Atlantis tribute and one video that appeared to be Sheppard/Dex slash.

It's a super high tempo song, so any scene that doesn't have action in it while it's playing in the background almost looks out of place. I thought the general tribute handled that slightly better. Funnily enough I wasn't even looking for anything specifically here about John and Elizabeth but often notice them in general tributes anyway because it was both a huge part of the show.

Spoiler:

Today I searched for a Wraith tribute set to "Devour" and couldn't see any. Maybe I should take it up with the Wraith Defenders or something.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

So yesterday I decided to test out my theory about if I figure a song would be a perfect tribute video for something, then maybe somebody else has thought the same and made it.

I was listening to "Unknown Solider" by Breaking Benjamen and long thought it would be a good song for a video about Ronon and went looking for any already made.

It was close. I think I found at least 2 Ronon tributes set to other Breaking Benjamen songs, one tribute to the Ronon centric episode Broken Ties, one general Stargate Atlantis tribute and one video that appeared to be Sheppard/Dex slash.

It's a super high tempo song, so any scene that doesn't have action in it while it's playing in the background almost looks out of place. I thought the general tribute handled that slightly better. Funnily enough I wasn't even looking for anything specifically here about John and Elizabeth but often notice them in general tributes anyway because it was both a huge part of the show.

Today I searched for a Wraith tribute set to "Devour" and couldn't see any. Maybe I should take it up with the Wraith Defenders or something.
                      Good video. I think it would be very hard to do a general vid without at least a little Sparky. I also noticed quite a bit of Spanky in that one.
                      sigpic

Comment

OMFG BOX OF DREAMS MADE ME CRY....Damn you writers -shakes fist-
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Yeah, we don't need no stinkin' angst. Though I will admit that I love me some woobie face.
                          Ohhh yeah. Woobie face makes for some delicious and nutritious Sparky moments.

Wow, that is a great video!

Good video. I think it would be very hard to do a general vid without at least a little Sparky. I also noticed quite a bit of Spanky in that one.
                          True, dat. Sparky is just so ingrained into the series there's just no way to separate it.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          Heheheh! Glad you're liking it so far. You'll definitely want to stock up on some tissues for the final two parts.

Comment

check out this little puppy

Atlantians_The_next_Gen_by_Chibi_Twilight.jpg

Found it on deviantart

Summary from the pic:
                            The next generations of Atlantians. Just think about it. Those of you who know the show, know that the crew will never leave the city, and most likely will raise their children there. So, here they are.

First is Melony Beckett, the daughter of Dr Carson Beckett, (notice the little turtle on her sweater ^_^)

Then there is Torren John, Teyla and Kanaans' son (also the oldest of the bunch and wearing his mothers traditional garb).

Eve Sheppard, Daughter of Lt. Col. John Sheppard and Dr. Elizabeth Weir (total sparky, she has similar personalities to her father, but with the sensical thinking of her mother).

Carson McKay, son of Dr. Rodney McKay and Dr. Keller (named after his buddy Carson Beckett and also just as smug as his father)

and Sate Dex, Son of Ronan Dex (also the youngest, he is named after Ronans' home world)
                            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 22 September 2012, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              What SK said. The next 2 parts are gonna slay you.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              check out this little puppy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35546[/ATTACH]

Found it on deviantart

Summary from the pic:
                              The next generations of Atlantians. Just think about it. Those of you who know the show, know that the crew will never leave the city, and most likely will raise their children there. So, here they are.

First is Melony Beckett, the daughter of Dr Carson Beckett, (notice the little turtle on her sweater ^_^)

Then there is Torren John, Teyla and Kanaans' son (also the oldest of the bunch and wearing his mothers traditional garb).

Eve Sheppard, Daughter of Lt. Col. John Sheppard and Dr. Elizabeth Weir (total sparky, she has similar personalities to her father, but with the sensical thinking of her mother).

Carson McKay, son of Dr. Rodney McKay and Dr. Keller (named after his buddy Carson Beckett and also just as smug as his father)

and Sate Dex, Son of Ronan Dex (also the youngest, he is named after Ronans' home world)
                              That was great. That Sparky kid has her daddy's twinkle in her eye, that's for sure. And interesting we don't know who the mothers of the Ronon and Carson kids are. Why does everybody spell Ronon's name wrong?
                              sigpic

Comment

That was great. That Sparky kid has her daddy's twinkle in her eye, that's for sure. And interesting we don't know who the mothers of the Ronon and Carson kids are. Why does everybody spell Ronon's name wrong?
                                yep sparky kid does look like she would be the one to get all of the kids into trouble. (Just like her daddy)

Comment

Working...
                                X