Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Bingo.
    The thing is, it's not really all that clear from the shot though. That's only one explanation, I don't know what TPTW had in mind at the time

Just be thankful Joe never shaved his hair off and had to replace it with a wig
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      The thing is, it's not really all that clear from the shot though. That's only one explanation, I don't know what TPTW had in mind at the time
      Really? I thought it was obvious that was the explanation TPTW had in mind.

Blasphemy!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Really? I thought it was obvious that was the explanation TPTW had in mind.
        Perhaps. But they were in either a meteor belt or a debris field. Why would they go directly to the planet when they could have just looked at it from their scanners and observe that it had exploded? And as for the blob thing, it's a bit like Rodney's comment in Misbegotten (the blast radius doesn't just stop at a specified distance). The ships in orbit were affected by it, so we don't really know how far it would go, so we can't really conclude whether they were dead because they were too far away or because they had tampered with their codes and were 'immune'

edited to add: by no means am I saying you are wrong. I just don't think there's enough information to form a workable theory here. Anything we both say on the subject is really just a guess. That ship being there poses more questions than answers:
        * where did they get a ship from?
        * were they on asuras all along but took off during the 'fight'?
        * did they escape months ago? If so, how? Wouldn't the others be hunting them down?
        * if they weren't on the planet, why did they come back? Or were they actually in some random asteroid belt?
        * why weren't they affected by the blob suction (both their ship and their bodies)?
        Last edited by gateraid; 11 September 2012, 01:11 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

OMG! *flails* Why isn't it January yet?!?!?!? Curse you, PBS!
          Why isn't it Sunday?! OMG I can't wait!!!!! Sorry I know youu guys have to wait 'till January, but it's on Sunday!!!!!

Comment

Perhaps. But they were in either a meteor belt or a debris field. Why would they go directly to the planet when they could have just looked at it from their scanners and observe that it had exploded? And as for the blob thing, it's a bit like Rodney's comment in Misbegotten (the blast radius doesn't just stop at a specified distance). The ships in orbit were affected by it, so we don't really know how far it would go, so we can't really conclude whether they were dead because they were too far away or because they had tampered with their codes and were 'immune'

edited to add: by no means am I saying you are wrong. I just don't think there's enough information to form a workable theory here. Anything we both say on the subject is really just a guess. That ship being there poses more questions than answers:
            * where did they get a ship from?
            * were they on asuras all along but took off during the 'fight'?
            * did they escape months ago? If so, how? Wouldn't the others be hunting them down?
            * if they weren't on the planet, why did they come back? Or were they actually in some random asteroid belt?
            * why weren't they affected by the blob suction (both their ship and their bodies)?
            I just kinda figured they'd done the same thing as the rebels from This Mortal Coil and they had their own group, own base, own ships, etc. Like, the rebels there had a full fledged Atlantis, so this group in a similar way made their own ship. And that somehow Elizabeth was still screwing up Oberoth's system, and figuring out how to get away from his control, and so causing groups who believed in Niam's principles to splinter off to the point where Oberoth couldn't deal with them and with the Wraith aggression protocol at the same time. I think the big dude had too much on his plate.

The observation of the destruction of Asuras, to me, was dramatic license on the part of TPTB who expected Torri to be back and do what they wanted in the fifth season, so I excuse it as poor planning. Just like her whole menacing 'good' at the end of BAMSR, which turned out to be really nothing menacing at all, since as Franibeth she was back to being the same old Elizabeth until we do some crazy good evil stuff with her in SGA Rising.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*flails* Please. The lack of body hair is almost more than I can handle. Don't start on the head.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              I just kinda figured they'd done the same thing as the rebels from This Mortal Coil and they had their own group, own base, own ships, etc. Like, the rebels there had a full fledged Atlantis, so this group in a similar way made their own ship. And that somehow Elizabeth was still screwing up Oberoth's system, and figuring out how to get away from his control, and so causing groups who believed in Niam's principles to splinter off to the point where Oberoth couldn't deal with them and with the Wraith aggression protocol at the same time. I think the big dude had too much on his plate.

The observation of the destruction of Asuras, to me, was dramatic license on the part of TPTB who expected Torri to be back and do what they wanted in the fifth season, so I excuse it as poor planning. Just like her whole menacing 'good' at the end of BAMSR, which turned out to be really nothing menacing at all, since as Franibeth she was back to being the same old Elizabeth until we do some crazy good evil stuff with her in SGA Rising.
              That's what I kinda thought too. It looked like a set up for a whole new arc. Once again TPTB getting ahead of themselves and being thwarted. Their S4 plans for Teyla come to mind, and then there's the Carter as leader idea. All three fell through because of real life issues. Of the three, I think the Weir arc failure has caused the most consternation among fans.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                Why isn't it Sunday?! OMG I can't wait!!!!! Sorry I know youu guys have to wait 'till January, but it's on Sunday!!!!!
                *sticks tongue out*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

*nods* That was the connection I made as well, that there was an underground of Asuran rebels. And they had a plan. Perhaps, by Repli!Weir's command. Frakin' Cylons Replicators.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                That's what I kinda thought too. It looked like a set up for a whole new arc. Once again TPTB getting ahead of themselves and being thwarted. Their S4 plans for Teyla come to mind, and then there's the Carter as leader idea. All three fell through because of real life issues. Of the three, I think the Weir arc failure has caused the most consternation among fans.
                Especially because TPTW could have prevented that failure oh-so easily, simply by having an actual plan, instead of just a handful of ideas that were never properly developed. What a waste. *sighs*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*sticks tongue out*
                  Don't worry, I'll drop in on ad breaks to tell you how amazing it is

Comment

Joe and Torri are both signed for next year's Chicago con. Time to start campaigning for a Sparky panel.
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                      joe and torri are both signed for next year's chicago con. Time to start campaigning for a sparky panel. :d
                      this must happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        Joe and Torri are both signed for next year's Chicago con. Time to start campaigning for a Sparky panel.
                        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        this must happen!
                        Bring on Sparky Con 2013! [Gollum-mode]We wants it, and we wants it nao, Precious![/Gollum-mode]

Comment

Bring on Sparky Con 2013! [Gollum-mode]We wants it, and we wants it nao, Precious![/Gollum-mode]
                          i think we need to enroll you in a sparky-anonymous rehab class

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            i think we need to enroll you in a sparky-anonymous rehab class
                            That's just blasphemy! Why would one ever want to recover??

And dammit, GW took off my CAPS LOCK mode on my fangirling. I'm gonna try again.

THIS MUST HAPPEN!!

Cause then we'd have a whole group of us and it would be even MORE awesome than this year. And this year was pretty damn awesome. I heard from another thread that Paul was actually on my floor on my side of the building and he and others had been walking around. I never saw them! But I did see David Nykl. He's so cute and funny.

Comment

They'd be so disappointed to find out he was wearing a prosthetic. A wig, that is
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Has anyone heard from ShipperWriter recently? I'm such a worrier.

Comment

Working...
                                X