Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    the company is "receivership". I don't know if it's the good word but the guy has trouble with his company BUT he's working on the video. He said it will be released before the end of this year. Each month, I ask him.
    I already told him that if I don't have my dvd, I will kick his ass.
    Thanks Probie!! I'll fly over and help you kick his ass if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I'm betting I know at least one thing that made you squee.
      That too... but there was lots more too. I mean, BoD does something that TPTW never did (or to say rarely if ever) - to give Teyla some serious stuff to do and put her through an emotional rollercoaster like this. I'm telling you... it's brilliant.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Another Sparky con question - does anyone know what happened to the Halfway con video? I paid my money. They took it. Never got a video.
      Last I heard, Halfway was bankrupt... *shrug*

Oh yeah, another thing I wanted to mention. They're taking nominations now for the season 4 best scenes, guests, etc.
      I have one for Teyla - and try not to look surprised here - Teyla being INSIDE Kate's quarters during that one scene I will not mention in full.

Or that one balcony scene that never happened... powerful emotions.

Or John vs Evil!John... yeah, I kinda liked that one too. So much so that I re-used it in my AU Doppelganger fix-it fic.

I was SOOOO tempted to post under each character (except John, of course) "when they died in The Last Man." No I don't have any lingering bitterness. Never. (Can you feel the sarcasm dripping off the page?) I would have been very involved with the dirty socks and lemmings and anti-S4 thread. I so missed out on my time.
      Anti's rule!
      Anti's rock!
      Anyone else can eat my sock!

And today that little battle cry was re-used to create banner for our soccer game tomorrow after work, with the colleagues. They wanted me to write a text and that's what I used so tomorrow we'll have a banner that reads:

Export rules!
      Export rocks!
      Anyone else can eat our socks!

Export that's the name of our department - we serve the international clients the most and thus we are catalogued under the name Export.

We will also be putting green (the color of our jerseys) socks onto the banner for extra fun!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      the company is "receivership". I don't know if it's the good word but the guy has trouble with his company BUT he's working on the video. He said it will be released before the end of this year. Each month, I ask him.
      I already told him that if I don't have my dvd, I will kick his ass.
      That's good to know. Thank you.

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
      I know this is totaly strange, but is it true about what I've heard about Torri? Apperently she's gay, but I don't know if it's true or not.
      Who cares?

If she had been I could have had a shot....

Originally posted by Soulster View Post
      I do know that she once dated John Kastner of the Canadian rock band Doughboys.
      Having met her, somehow that doesn't surprise me...

Don't know. Don't care. None of my business.
      Indeed.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        FRAKKITY FRAK FRAK! I'm trying to get my beta'd version of BOD to Anuna, but my email is screwing up. 'Nuna, just wnated to drop a line to say it's coming. I'm going to see if there are alternative attachment methods.

*goes back to grousing*

EDIT - Finally worked! Sent it.
        And mine will be there by this time tomorrow. If not there will be a two or three day delay as I'm away for the weekend. Hopefully I will get it done tonight

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
        I know this is totaly strange, but is it true about what I've heard about Torri? Apperently she's gay, but I don't know if it's true or not.
        Well at least they're not saying she looks old this time like some fans used to do
        sigpic

Comment

It's back in Anuna's hands now. Then we will do a final beta and she will do the final edit. So it won't be very long.
          *Drums fingers on computer desk*

Are you done yet?
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Don't know. Don't care. None of my business.
            Exactly!!!!

I've never understood why some people care so much about such things.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              That too... but there was lots more too. I mean, BoD does something that TPTW never did (or to say rarely if ever) - to give Teyla some serious stuff to do and put her through an emotional rollercoaster like this. I'm telling you... it's brilliant.
              *bounces in chair* I can't wait to see it in its finished form... it's gonna be awesome!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

Are you done yet?
              *snickers*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Are you done yet?
                Done! Just in time for my away weekend. There were a few computer glitches that meant I had to go over everything again *shakes fist* Hopefully I said everything I said the first time

Her resolution is nicely done too. Obviously I can't say what it is.....but I liked the 'process'

Exactly!!!!

I've never understood why some people care so much about such things.
                If people didn't, then things like ET, DMZ etc wouldn't exist
                sigpic

Comment

*grumbles*

All that rush to get ready, and now my ride is late. Typical Given I've missed out on a lot of the discussion of late, I thought I would offer this instead:

Weir: Rodney, what is all of this?

McKay: There's been some discussion about who would be a good match for you, you know, romantically. So I threw some stuff into the computer - likes, dislikes, compatibility models....all that hokey stuff - and this is what it came up with

Sheppard: I don't see my name anywhere on this list

McKay: Yeah, about that....I had to programme in "If Sheppard were dead" before it would come up with any other names

Sheppard: See Elizabeth, even the computer thinks we should get together
                  sigpic

Comment

This is from a few pages back

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    That, I think, is the key to that development in their working relationship. They've learned to stop butting heads and trying to be in charge all the time, and to start trusting each other's instincts and expertise in their respective fields. It's only in those particular moments that you've mentioned that they're out of sync with each other that things go catastrophically wrong. (though at least in the case of Irresistible, the damage wasn't permanent)

CDT is par excellence in the way it showcases their working relationship and the collective mindset. Neither is pushing the other to do anything, they just think out loud and reach a conclusion.

Very good points. Again, both of these back up our talk about how they must have discussed how they would let each other make the final decision on what happens to them. He wasn't asking for permission but he did need her approval. That's why I think it hurt him so much in FS when she withheld it. And then in Lifeline. she knew that ordering him was just words but she also knew he would remember to honor her wishes. And for certain, if Ronon hadn't pulled him away, he would not have left her.
                    You're right, either after TRW or CG they would have had to have a "pull the plug/don't pull" discussion. And surely prior to that one about what is and is not worth giving up to protect Atlantis (as in, don't trade my life for lowering the gate shield).

Re Ronon and John in that scene, I don't think it would have worked had Ronon not been there. John paused for way too long before acting.

All of this is also very true. It may be my shippy prejudice but I never saw any sort of friendship between John and Carter. No matter how much she called him by his first name or ate with the team, it just wasn't there. Maybe because she was military, but I just always felt a distance between them. It would have been very unlikely that they would have become friends so quickly and the part where they had him declare he respected her more than any other CO, even though that would not have included Elizabeth, just made me wonder if a certain writer had been paying attention at all. But then I wondered that a lot.
                    I don't think it's prejudice at all. There was nothing in the Carter/Shep relationship that made me think they were friends. Sure, Sam and Cam, and maybe Shep and Cam (I doubt they knew each other well) if they spent more time together, but not Shep and Sam. Granted, I wouldn't buy that they hated each other either, but to me they just seemed like colleagues. I can kinda see the respect thing coming from the angle of her spending her time in the trenches, and having a lot of experience in the same field as his, but the line was OTT and a big stretch.

And Ken himself mentioned they turned the story of The Ark into something he didn't recognize as something he wrote, so be careful with those writers.
                    You've really made me wonder what it was supposed to be now

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Agreed. The "friendships" between Carter and all of Team Atlantis (not just John) felt incredibly forced to me. Like she was trying way too hard to be all shiny and happy. On John specifically, I quite frankly could see him being a little resentful of Carter; not on a personal level, but because the only reason she was there at all was because of how the IOA/SGC screwed over Elizabeth. Of course, John would keep those feelings under wraps as well as possible out of respect for Carter's rank and that she's supposed to be "one of us," but...
                    I don't think he would be resentful (as in, holding a grudge) exactly, because she actually did help during Lifeline and was sensitive to the situation then, but perhaps resentful that someone else was doing Elizabeth's job.

And yeah, the lunch scenes were a bit OTT as well. I don't recall even seeing Hammond eat in the ten years he was on the show
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      *grumbles*

All that rush to get ready, and now my ride is late. Typical Given I've missed out on a lot of the discussion of late, I thought I would offer this instead:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ateraid/5x.jpg

Weir: Rodney, what is all of this?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ateraid/5y.jpg

McKay: There's been some discussion about who would be a good match for you, you know, romantically. So I threw some stuff into the computer - likes, dislikes, compatibility models....all that hokey stuff - and this is what it came up with

Sheppard: I don't see my name anywhere on this list

McKay: Yeah, about that....I had to programme in "If Sheppard were dead" before it would come up with any other names

Sheppard: See Elizabeth, even the computer thinks we should get together

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Re Ronon and John in that scene, I don't think it would have worked had Ronon not been there. John paused for way too long before acting.
                      And let's face it, if it had been Rodney instead of Ronon, they would never have gotten out of there. *hugs Ronon*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

rewatching season four of atlantis for the rewatch makes me miss elizabeth even more.

Comment

has anyone seen this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post

has anyone seen this?
                            Have now. Interesting concept. *goes back to work on SGA-Rising*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*goes back to work on SGA-Rising*
                              Words that sound like a music to my ears...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*goes back to work on SGA-Rising*
                                nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X