No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn’t help it, we all know that this is what he was really hoping for when the cave started rocking and we all know that if he would be stuck somewhere with anyone that would be his choice.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *snickers* I'm just messing with you.
      I know

Barcelona? Sounds wonderful, glad you had a great time! We've missed you too! *hugs*
      It was - coming home to a 15 degree temperature difference in less than 2 hours was a bit of a shock though! and I am sans child for the next 10 days or so which means plenty of time for artwork!!
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Con report for the Q & A is up here.
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Irish nice report. Sucks I missed Joe and Paul. I planned asking Joe which is his favorite guitar since he plays. I'm a Strat guy but Gibson makes great instruments. I don't know that I shamelessly flirted with all the women. I just thought I was being nice. But if you and JT say so I'll not argue

Some more con stuff:

Steve Bacic was funny as hell. He thought my Sox shirt said sex. So he decided my name was sex sox. Seems like he works a lot with all the projects he was mentioning.

Andee was cool. She reminded me of a taller version of my neighbor. Just don't ever mention UPS around her though.

Alex and Dan played off each other really well. I wasn't sure who they played. Turns out they played alot of characters like Unas, Wraith, etc. I think Alex said he's doing work on Grimm. (or is it Once Upon a Time?)

Mike Shanks was good. This girl had some hiccup laugh thing that had us all on the floor. The puff and ruffle story was funny. He's also playing Gordy Howe in a biopic. I'm not a huge hockey guy but I'll check it out.

Photo op that Kate Hewlett autographed was cool. That girl must really like muscles. (as Irish said she wanted to play Mrs. Ronon because Jason is, "just sooooo hot.") I'm definitely not WWF muscle guy, but her face lit up and she said, "mmm; muscles," while she signed. She even wrote a nice complement about my beach muscles (which I think are least developed muscle group) on the picture. She was most likely just being nice. But for the sake of my ego I'll continue to think she thought I was a cutie pie. Either way she is officially one of my favs.

I liked Cadman also. If you want more of her she had a cool arc on season 3 of Veronica Mars.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            I liked Cadman also. If you want more of her she had a cool arc on season 3 of Veronica Mars.
            Jaime Ray Newman rocks!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              Irish nice report. Sucks I missed Joe and Paul. I planned asking Joe which is his favorite guitar since he plays. I'm a Strat guy but Gibson makes great instruments. I don't know that I shamelessly flirted with all the women. I just thought I was being nice. But if you and JT say so I'll not argue

Some more con stuff:

Steve Bacic was funny as hell. He thought my Sox shirt said sex. So he decided my name was sex sox. Seems like he works a lot with all the projects he was mentioning.

Andee was cool. She reminded me of a taller version of my neighbor. Just don't ever mention UPS around her though.

Alex and Dan played off each other really well. I wasn't sure who they played. Turns out they played alot of characters like Unas, Wraith, etc. I think Alex said he's doing work on Grimm. (or is it Once Upon a Time?)

Mike Shanks was good. This girl had some hiccup laugh thing that had us all on the floor. The puff and ruffle story was funny. He's also playing Gordy Howe in a biopic. I'm not a huge hockey guy but I'll check it out.

Photo op that Kate Hewlett autographed was cool. That girl must really like muscles. (as Irish said she wanted to play Mrs. Ronon because Jason is, "just sooooo hot.") I'm definitely not WWF muscle guy, but her face lit up and she said, "mmm; muscles," while she signed. She even wrote a nice complement about my beach muscles (which I think are least developed muscle group) on the picture. She was most likely just being nice. But for the sake of my ego I'll continue to think she thought I was a cutie pie. Either way she is officially one of my favs.

Thanks guys. Those were awesome Now I really wish I had been there. It sounds like you were a hoot together.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Nice post-a-thon today, guys! I might not have been able to participate, but I followed along. While doing so I watched Sparky clips and vids on youtube instead. I found these two – soo good and very well done!

This one's John/Liz. SO MANY FEELS! *cries*

Spoiler:

And a really good Liz-centric one with bits of Sparky thrown in:

Elizabeth Weir: Echo

Also, all of my vid watching gave the muse a kick in the toga and I wrote a new Sparky poem for the first time in forever. All the feels had to go somewhere, lol.

Here it is if you don't want to go to lj:

Spoiler:

The Only One

I never expected to find a home.
                I never expected to feel this way.
                But this place is drawing me closer,
                And you give me a reason to stay.

You aren’t what I envisioned.
                You aren’t what I first thought.
                And something about you pulls me in;
                I’m safe, though I am caught.

I look into your eyes.
                I see what you don’t speak.
                You understand like no one else;
                Give strength when I am weak.

I can do what needs to be done.
                I can say what needs to be said.
                Rise up to meet the world and its demands,
                And you’re the only one who understands.

I’ve never felt this balance.
                I’ve never felt this whole.
                From minute one, just you and me;
                Some matching of my soul.

We love this place like no one else.
                We found where we belong.
                And we would give up anything
                To keep our city strong.

I can’t breathe when you’re in danger.
                I can’t stop my pounding heart.
                It’s always you I think of first,
                Whenever disasters start.

With you I let my guard down.
                From your eyes I cannot hide.
                Every inch of me, from heart to hands...

If I’m honest, this means more.
                If I’m honest, then it’s you.
                By your side, my heart’s at your command.
                ‘Cause in the end you always understand.

Some more con stuff:

Haha! Great stuff. The Joe/Paul stories were absolutely hilarious. Thanks for reporting!
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Erin, your poem is beautiful! I think you captured John's habit of wearing his heart on his sleeve perfectly.

Some more con stuff:

Hooray! Thanks for the trip reports; sounds like you guys had a blast! Here's hoping we'll see some good scheduling for next year so more of us can make the trip.
                  Last edited by Scary Kitty; 26 August 2012, 06:28 PM.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Some more con stuff:

Aww, you were having fun! That's cool. I just like giving you a hard time.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Jaime Ray Newman rocks!
                    Love Jaime! Hope she lands on a new series.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Thanks guys. Those were awesome Now I really wish I had been there. It sounds like you were a hoot together.
                    Had such a good time. Saving for next year just in case...

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                    Haha! Great stuff. The Joe/Paul stories were absolutely hilarious. Thanks for reporting!
                    You're welcome!

Hooray! Thanks for the trip reports; sounds like you guys had a blast! Here's hoping we'll see some good scheduling for next year so more of us can make the trip.
                    That would be the best weekend ever. Here's hoping!
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Okay, here's a couple more short reports. One on the photo ops and one on the autographs.

I don't have pictures to share that I actually took. I have a small camera that works for what I want, but discovered immediately it wasn't going to work at the con. Even sitting in row G and putting it on full zoom, I wasn't getting a close enough view so I gave up on that. People sitting around us had these camera with huge zoom lenses. THAT'S what was needed! There are a couple of links in the con thread to some good pictures.

I have one last report to write this week which is basically all the misc. stuff that went on.
                      sigpic
                      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Some more con stuff:

Oh I will learn some songs with the guitar thanks to you when I will come to your house.
                        Thanks for the report. You had so much fun

Nice post-a-thon today, guys! I might not have been able to participate, but I followed along. While doing so I watched Sparky clips and vids on youtube instead. I found these two – soo good and very well done!

Spoiler:

Also, all of my vid watching gave the muse a kick in the toga and I wrote a new Sparky poem for the first time in forever. All the feels had to go somewhere, lol.

Spoiler:

The Only One

I never expected to find a home.
                        I never expected to feel this way.
                        But this place is drawing me closer,
                        And you give me a reason to stay.

You aren’t what I envisioned.
                        You aren’t what I first thought.
                        And something about you pulls me in;
                        I’m safe, though I am caught.

I look into your eyes.
                        I see what you don’t speak.
                        You understand like no one else;
                        Give strength when I am weak.

I can do what needs to be done.
                        I can say what needs to be said.
                        Rise up to meet the world and its demands,

I’ve never felt this balance.
                        I’ve never felt this whole.
                        From minute one, just you and me;
                        Some matching of my soul.

We love this place like no one else.
                        We found where we belong.
                        And we would give up anything
                        To keep our city strong.

I can’t breathe when you’re in danger.
                        I can’t stop my pounding heart.
                        It’s always you I think of first,
                        Whenever disasters start.

With you I let my guard down.
                        From your eyes I cannot hide.
                        Every inch of me, from heart to hands...

If I’m honest, this means more.
                        If I’m honest, then it’s you.
                        By your side, my heart’s at your command.
                        ‘Cause in the end you always understand.

Aaaahhhhh! I can't see the vid because I'm at work.
                        Lovely poem. You can draw, write poem....you're a talented person

Okay, here's a couple more short reports. One on the photo ops and one on the autographs.

I don't have pictures to share that I actually took. I have a small camera that works for what I want, but discovered immediately it wasn't going to work at the con. Even sitting in row G and putting it on full zoom, I wasn't getting a close enough view so I gave up on that. People sitting around us had these camera with huge zoom lenses. THAT'S what was needed! There are a couple of links in the con thread to some good pictures.

I have one last report to write this week which is basically all the misc. stuff that went on.
                        Too bad the guy ruined your Joe/Torri moment.
                        I'm glad I did a small convention (sweden with Joe). I had time to talk to him during two days in french. I had the chance to have many pics of me and him. (yes even the one when I'm trying to explain "Atlantis Rising" to him and he did a strange face lol).
                        You don't have time to do this in a big convention. But I so want to do one with many SGA actors and to see all of you one day.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

That was a great report, thanks for posting it and it sounds like the whole weekend was awesome. I loved the Joe and Paul part, those two are hilarious, and I though the part where Joe mention having a ‘Galaxy Quest’ movie night as fun, I mean it’s always great to hear about the cast doing fun stuff BTS together.

I heard rumors about Torri being sick and I have to say how relieved I am to hear that she’s doing better now.

Some more con stuff:

Love it, thanks for sharing.

Sucks that there were moments that were ruined by other people but I’m glad that it seem to have been more positive experiences than not, love the little parts you got to share with all of them still though.
                          sigpic

Comment

eat stuff. The Joe/Paul stories were absolutely hilarious. Thanks for reporting!
                            Thanks for posting those vids. They were awesome. And your poem was just lovely and so perfect.

How annoying when someone spoils the few seconds you have with them like that. David H is just like Paul. He talks and talks and his line takes forever, but you don't mind. Joe's shyness seems to kick in when he's the center of attention off stage, but if you talk to him first, he will talk back. And he is such a gentleman in the way he relates to you. Sometimes the handlers make you want to kick them though.

I found some vids of first Joe and Paul in Chicago and then Joe in Canada. They promise more, so I'll keep an eye out for those. I'm both annoyed and tickled by the part when Joe complains that he never had a girlfriend on the show. They were talking about the women and Joe says he wanted more women, so that tells me he didn't think of either Liz or Teyla as a love interest. *mixed feelings*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGv4p...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLGep...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK6Pj...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDLDfcFcT0k
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

OMG, those wretched punks who wrecked your special moments! That just steams me! Sorry to hear about that. *hugs* But hey, I guess that means that you're destined to go to another con to make up for the not-so-good moments, eh?

I hear you about the camera. Mine is also pretty good for what I usually do, but it just isn't enough for cons, no matter how close I sit to the front. Oh well.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              How annoying when someone spoils the few seconds you have with them like that. David H is just like Paul. He talks and talks and his line takes forever, but you don't mind. Joe's shyness seems to kick in when he's the center of attention off stage, but if you talk to him first, he will talk back. And he is such a gentleman in the way he relates to you. Sometimes the handlers make you want to kick them though.

I found some vids of first Joe and Paul in Chicago and then Joe in Canada. They promise more, so I'll keep an eye out for those. I'm both annoyed and tickled by the part when Joe complains that he never had a girlfriend on the show. They were talking about the women and Joe says he wanted more women, so that tells me he didn't think of either Liz or Teyla as a love interest. *mixed feelings*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGv4p...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLGep...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK6Pj...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDLDfcFcT0k
                              On the other hand, maybe Joe just wanted Sheppard to have a nice big harem...
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

OMG, those wretched punks who wrecked your special moments! That just steams me! Sorry to hear about that. *hugs* But hey, I guess that means that you're destined to go to another con to make up for the not-so-good moments, eh?

I hear you about the camera. Mine is also pretty good for what I usually do, but it just isn't enough for cons, no matter how close I sit to the front. Oh well.

On the other hand, maybe Joe just wanted Sheppard to have a nice big harem...
                                *Snark* Everybody at the con I went to had trouble with their camera. Mr. SR's if fairly good and most of his pics were blurry from row I. But the good thing is there are always plenty of good pics from up front that people share.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X