Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is interesting but OT sorta.
    Spoiler:
    On JM's blog, these may explain a WHOLE lot.

bailey writes: “OK, question: How long do you usually hold a grudge? Because you seem very, very good at it! “

Answer: Ah, it really depends on the situation. If it’s a disagreement that stems from a mistake or misunderstanding, not long at all. If the other person is being a jerk, then a really long time. Reeeaaaallly long time. Why? Have you done something to get on my bad side?

So can we assume anything from this statement which took up most of his Submersion recap?

The one behind-the-scenes incident that I recall involved those unwieldy underwater suits McKay and Sheppard wear to access the neighboring ship. Because of the mechanics, it was always a big song and dance getting the actors in and out of the things. The suit would be prepped, they would crawl in, then the suits would be locked, effectively sealing the actors inside. It was an equally big song and dance to unlock the suits and open them again so, once locked, there was nowhere to go but forward – onto set and shooting. Well, it just so happened that Joe’s suit experienced some sort of malfunction. The resident suit expert hopped inside and made the necessary adjustments. The director was losing time and was eager to start shooting so, the second the guy had finished fixing the suit, he jumped out, Joe jumped back in, and the suit was sealed. Unfortunately, also sealed inside the suit with Joe was a wicked bout of gas the fixer had released. My fellow producer, John Smith, relayed the story over lunch, describing Joe’s muted, wild-eyed reaction after which John, in all seriousness, solemnly assured us: “But it wasn’t malicious.” The very notion that anyone assumed malice on the part of the farter made it even funnier.

And clear proof that there must be a feed from another galaxy because in every version I've seen JASON WEARS THE WIG FOR ALL OF S5 and I don't remember any head shaving. WTF? Am I having another senior moment?

Ponytail writes: “The most emotionally devastating moment in Stargate history for me was the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis. Second was Ronon’s wig in season 5.”

Answer: Ah, the wig. Years of sporting the dreads began to take their toll on poor Jason, so the decision was made to cut his hair. We ended up working the haircut into the show (the head shaving sequence in Broken Ties) but since the first episode of season 5 picked up on events from the season 4 finale, we had no choice but to wig. On the bright side, at least we used his real hair.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I saw on Twitter that Joe is now at FanExpoCanada. Rainbow crashed his panel and someone asked about Sparky. It sounds like it dissolved into hilarity with them explaining shippers to Rainbow and Joe said something about UPS. So I doubt the question got answered.
      *snickers* That's Joe for you. Give him an inch, he'll run off on a random tangent for the next 5 minutes.

Well this is interesting but OT sorta.
      Spoiler:
      On JM's blog, these may explain a WHOLE lot.

bailey writes: “OK, question: How long do you usually hold a grudge? Because you seem very, very good at it! “

Answer: Ah, it really depends on the situation. If it’s a disagreement that stems from a mistake or misunderstanding, not long at all. If the other person is being a jerk, then a really long time. Reeeaaaallly long time. Why? Have you done something to get on my bad side?

So can we assume anything from this statement which took up most of his Submersion recap?

The one behind-the-scenes incident that I recall involved those unwieldy underwater suits McKay and Sheppard wear to access the neighboring ship. Because of the mechanics, it was always a big song and dance getting the actors in and out of the things. The suit would be prepped, they would crawl in, then the suits would be locked, effectively sealing the actors inside. It was an equally big song and dance to unlock the suits and open them again so, once locked, there was nowhere to go but forward – onto set and shooting. Well, it just so happened that Joe’s suit experienced some sort of malfunction. The resident suit expert hopped inside and made the necessary adjustments. The director was losing time and was eager to start shooting so, the second the guy had finished fixing the suit, he jumped out, Joe jumped back in, and the suit was sealed. Unfortunately, also sealed inside the suit with Joe was a wicked bout of gas the fixer had released. My fellow producer, John Smith, relayed the story over lunch, describing Joe’s muted, wild-eyed reaction after which John, in all seriousness, solemnly assured us: “But it wasn’t malicious.” The very notion that anyone assumed malice on the part of the farter made it even funnier.

And clear proof that there must be a feed from another galaxy because in every version I've seen JASON WEARS THE WIG FOR ALL OF S5 and I don't remember any head shaving. WTF? Am I having another senior moment?

Ponytail writes: “The most emotionally devastating moment in Stargate history for me was the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis. Second was Ronon’s wig in season 5.”

Answer: Ah, the wig. Years of sporting the dreads began to take their toll on poor Jason, so the decision was made to cut his hair. We ended up working the haircut into the show (the head shaving sequence in Broken Ties) but since the first episode of season 5 picked up on events from the season 4 finale, we had no choice but to wig. On the bright side, at least we used his real hair.
      *snorts at the story with Joe and the suit* Poor baby.

As for the story on Jason and the wig, I guess Mallozzi forgot to mention how the studio nixed the idea of cutting Ronon's hair in Broken Ties. *shrugs*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*snickers* That's Joe for you. Give him an inch, he'll run off on a random tangent for the next 5 minutes.

*snorts at the story with Joe and the suit* Poor baby.

As for the story on Jason and the wig, I guess Mallozzi forgot to mention how the studio nixed the idea of cutting Ronon's hair in Broken Ties. *shrugs*
        Or maybe he just doesn't remember. Or maybe he only saw that feed from another galaxy that showed a lot of things we never saw.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          That's cute!

and dancing!
          Must be a private thing... them dancing nekkid.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Great con stories, guys! Sounds like a blast! Thanks for sharing.

Also: I'm dropping by because apparently one of the vids that I made a couple of years ago has finally become unblocked on YouTube (it was that whole WMG copyright stuff). I didn't realize it until someone commented and it was like 'woah, where did that come from?' Anyway, figured I'd link it here if anyone's interested. It was a gift for a friend of mine who is also a major Sam/Jack shipper, but I couldn't bear to make a whole vid without Sparky, so I split it between the two. You could always skip over the Sam/Jack parts if that ship isn't to your taste.

Spoiler:
            That was a great video, and I love that song.

Haha, oh that’s brilliant and so is the dancing one.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Fun%20gifs/John_Elizabeth_Desk.gif
            Aww, so cute, love the scenes he did that in.

Not funny, not funny at all. *tries to stay out of the gutter thinking about the chocolate*
            It doesn’t look like it was just his arm hair that was missing…

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            Sorry guys! This weekend I promise. I'm going to separate things into the talks, photos, autos, and misc. Now you'll get four reports from me.
            That sounds great, I’m really looking forward to all four of them and I really want to see some pics of Torri as well, I haven’t seen any yet.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              That reminded me that I didn't comment on Erin's wonderful vid. You could see a lot of parallels there between the two couples.

It doesn’t look like it was just his arm hair that was missing…
              I saw that too. *iz so very sad*
              sigpic

Comment

I am too! Its Joe's Hairy body which makes Joe (he's as hairy as an Israeli which I totally dig) so I was like Vader at the end of Episode III NOOO!!!
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

At least he still had his cheek stubble. *sniffles*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    I am too! Its Joe's Hairy body which makes Joe (he's as hairy as an Israeli which I totally dig) so I was like Vader at the end of Episode III NOOO!!!
                    It is really sad; hopefully it was something he wanted to do, maybe for a new role or something since it’s not exactly pain free.

I must admit that I'm feel even more used to seeing that on him after SGA since we always saw his face.

I would also like to say that at least 'teh hair' is still as it should be and I'm hoping that will never change.
                    sigpic

Comment

And his hands are still hairy.

It is really sad; hopefully it was something he wanted to do, maybe for a new role or something since it’s not exactly pain free.

I must admit that I'm feel even more used to seeing that on him after SGA since we always saw his face.

I would also like to say that at least 'teh hair' is still as it should be and I'm hoping that will never change.
                      He was hairless for his part in 6 Bullets, but that was a year ago. Maybe he decided he liked it, but it sure seems like a lot of trouble. And I'm betting he doesn't know how fond we female fans are of the hairy chest. Surely someone in Chicago asked him about new roles.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the first time was Critical Mass in S2. The only other time I remember is Coup d'Etat.

We just watched White Collar and there was a Stargate mention. They were talking about secret government programs. LOL
                        Rats. Now I have to rewrite part of the fic. That's the price we pay for trying to stay true to canon, I guess.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh yes we need the Rugged Joe.
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

That reminded me that I didn't comment on Erin's wonderful vid. You could see a lot of parallels there between the two couples.
                            Thank you very much! ^^
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Okay, re-did this one with scruffy beard

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                Thank you very much! ^^
                                Love the new sig.

Okay, re-did this one with scruffy beard

Love the scruffy beard. That's his best look.

Now I hear that Joe showed up at the con yesterday on crutches. Hopefully later today someone will find out what happened.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X