Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    True, or when they are talking to other people like Weir to Caldwell in Conversion and Sheppard to Woolsey in Misbegotten. Their closeness and friendship and support of each other comes through clearly.
    Absolutely, and I must say that there were times when I thought it was almost funny how everyone treated the other when something had happened to the other.

I really loved that scene in ‘Conversion’ between Elizabeth and Caldwell, though as a fan I understood the “You two are pretty close, aren’t you?” line from ‘Conversion’, but I have to wonder what TPTB wanted to tell us by it, now granted it could have been viewed in a similar way as the times when say John that he would do anything for the team however I do find that if they hadn’t (yet again) wanted to make it seem as if Caldwell could see that there was something more and special going on between John and Elizabeth, other vise he could have just said “You would really do anything for anyone on this expedition, wouldn’t you?” (if they wanted it to be a question) or better yet “you are a good leader and I know that you would do anything for this team” or something like that instead.
    sigpic

Comment

I have something that I wanted to ask because I was watching a bit of “First Contact” (OT, isn’t it a bit ironic that both John and Elizabeth were in some serious explosions at the end of episodes that start with ‘First’? *LOL* ok, not really), but anyway, I was watching the scene that takes place in Johns quarters and you can see that he fell asleep with a book on his chest and the book does look like it could be his old copy of “War and Peace” and I know that it’s technically not Sparky but I must admit that a part of me was happy seeing it. Now it’s possible that it isn’t ‘War and Peace’ so I was hoping that maybe someone who was here at the time it aired might know.

Here is a still from the scene:
      Spoiler:

And here are some stills from the ‘War and Peace’ – scene from Home.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        Absolutely, and I must say that there were times when I thought it was almost funny how everyone treated the other when something had happened to the other.

I really loved that scene in ‘Conversion’ between Elizabeth and Caldwell, though as a fan I understood the “You two are pretty close, aren’t you?” line from ‘Conversion’, but I have to wonder what TPTB wanted to tell us by it, now granted it could have been viewed in a similar way as the times when say John that he would do anything for the team however I do find that if they hadn’t (yet again) wanted to make it seem as if Caldwell could see that there was something more and special going on between John and Elizabeth, other vise he could have just said “You would really do anything for anyone on this expedition, wouldn’t you?” (if they wanted it to be a question) or better yet “you are a good leader and I know that you would do anything for this team” or something like that instead.
        That is a good question. And then his reaction to the kiss in TLG on top of that when he was teasing them with a twinkle in his eye. It does make you wonder if TPTB were so dead set against Sparky that they would put those things in. Caldwell's reaction in both cases makes it personal between the two of them. It doesn't fit in with the "I would do anything for any one of you" comment. He's obviously hinting at quite a different relationship. He didn't say that about Ronon when Shep was all up in his face about rescuing him in Sateda, or any other time when his ship was sent off to help rescue someone on the team.

I have something that I wanted to ask because I was watching a bit of “First Contact” (OT, isn’t it a bit ironic that both John and Elizabeth were in some serious explosions at the end of episodes that start with ‘First’? *LOL* ok, not really), but anyway, I was watching the scene that takes place in Johns quarters and you can see that he fell asleep with a book on his chest and the book does look like it could be his old copy of “War and Peace” and I know that it’s technically not Sparky but I must admit that a part of me was happy seeing it. Now it’s possible that it isn’t ‘War and Peace’ so I was hoping that maybe someone who was here at the time it aired might know.

Judging by the red cover, it seems like it has to be War and Peace. I don't remember the discussion at the time, but I think most everybody thought it was. If you have the time, you can go back and read the discussion thread.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

http://i47.tinypic.com/fylqbq.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/madslx.jpg
          That is definitely War and Peace. The spine and back cover of the dust jacket do appear to match. Good eyes!

That is a good question. And then his reaction to the kiss in TLG on top of that when he was teasing them with a twinkle in his eye. It does make you wonder if TPTB were so dead set against Sparky that they would put those things in. Caldwell's reaction in both cases makes it personal between the two of them. It doesn't fit in with the "I would do anything for any one of you" comment. He's obviously hinting at quite a different relationship. He didn't say that about Ronon when Shep was all up in his face about rescuing him in Sateda, or any other time when his ship was sent off to help rescue someone on the team.
          The reactions of everyone else around John and Elizabeth to all these 'curious' (for lack of a better word) moments of seeming more-than-friendship between them have always fascinated me. I'm sure we're all familiar with the old saying "where there's smoke, there's fire" and really, if there wasn't anything there, if there didn't look like there was anything there, then why the heck did the other characters keep raising the question? Curiouser and curiouser...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Question for all you con-going sparky friends, ever had problem buying tickets? I tried three times but was told buy creation they were declined. My bank says funds are authorized. So now I have to buy at the gate and dispute $1500 in charges. (I'll win, but that's besides the point.) Rage!!!!! Oh yeah, I guess I need to stop at Walgreens later and print some pics to get autographed.

And the more-than-friend moments... probably are a sign of romantic interest. I know I'm gonna be the typical guy with this line but... Men and women can never be "just friends."
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              Men and women can never be "just friends."
              I am living proof that they can.... oh wait, I'm gay.... that might have something to do with it.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just saw it. OMG, Mr. Bohannon, OMG. And
                Spoiler:
                the Swede is back!

Indeed that was him. He is also playing a Southerner on Falling Skies. The accent is pretty good.

BTW, I asked Mr. SR about Marines jumping and you are correct. It is only Recon Marines who get jump training. Mr. SR was able to jump through a jump club near where he was stationed.
                Spoiler:
                Love the Swede. I'm interested in seeing if he manages to manouver into getting his old job back.

Glad I was right about that being Ryan. He's accent was good enough to have me doubting my sanity for a minute.

Thank Mr. SR for the confirmation for me. I have little information on anything post- Vietnam so I wasn't all that sure about my facts.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  IKR?
                  Spoiler:
                  That's now three SGA veterans who are appearing on Hell on Wheels. Sure wish Joe Flanigan would get a spot there.
                  Spoiler:
                  Joe would make a great US Marshall or maybe a cavalry officer. Anybody know if he can ride a horse?

How about Torri showing up as a Senator's wife?

Comment

Question for all you con-going sparky friends, ever had problem buying tickets? I tried three times but was told buy creation they were declined. My bank says funds are authorized. So now I have to buy at the gate and dispute $1500 in charges. (I'll win, but that's besides the point.) Rage!!!!! Oh yeah, I guess I need to stop at Walgreens later and print some pics to get autographed.

And the more-than-friend moments... probably are a sign of romantic interest. I know I'm gonna be the typical guy with this line but... Men and women can never be "just friends."
                    I don't know about that. I can think of two women off the top of my head that I consinder very good friends that I have no romantic interest in what so ever. Heck the one that has a kid always introduces me to her daughter as "Uncle Mike."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I am living proof that they can.... oh wait, I'm gay.... that might have something to do with it.
                      power to the LBGT Community -hi-fives-
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

Men and women can never be "just friends."
                        Um, John and Teyla? Rodney and Teyla? Ronon and Teyla?

Also, I'm a straight woman, most of my friends are male, and I am not attarched to any of them sexually. So there.

Comment

Oh dear. Sorry about that. I didn't have any trouble, but I bought mine months ahead. Sometimes the websites get hinky. Good luck with it all.

And I have a male friend that I've known for over 30 years who has never been more than a friend. He's like a brother to me. In fact in both high school and college, I hung out with guys as much as girls. Being a sci fi nerd made a big difference I think.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Joe would make a great US Marshall or maybe a cavalry officer. Anybody know if he can ride a horse?

How about Torri showing up as a Senator's wife?
                          Can Joe ride a horse? He grew up on a ranch in Nevada. Yes, he can definitely ride a horse. Somewhere I've seen pictures.
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't have any trouble, but I bought them several months ago.

I'm going to buy the individual extras I want when I get there (pictures, extra autograph). I'm hoping that's okay cause I don't want to spend the extra $ for the "shipping" on an internet ticket. That's just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              I didn't have any trouble, but I bought them several months ago.

I'm going to buy the individual extras I want when I get there (pictures, extra autograph). I'm hoping that's okay cause I don't want to spend the extra $ for the "shipping" on an internet ticket. That's just stupid.
                              That should work fine. They have a table set up and extras are available all the time. I am so excited for you. Unfortunately, I'm having company this week and will be busy busy but I'll try to check in when I can. My heart will be in Chicago though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh boy, I'm just gonna admit defeat on the whole "just friends" thing. As for the con, I'll be there. Since I have to crash the door I guess JT and Irish and I will have to figure a way to meet up. If you have questions about Chicago just ask. I used to live there. Free tip... the "L" so pwns driving in the city.

JT the customer service person said alot of extras will be available at the door.
                                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
                                X