Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Oh dear. Sorry I choked everybody up. That means it would have worked that way. Save it for a happy day. Now you can just think about next weekend and nothing will bother you.
    Well, think of it this way - you know it was well written that it got me emotional. Yup, that's defiantly true.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Wait... ship has to be logical? Who'd a'thunk it?
    Oh it doesn't. I just prefer it that way.

Hate to say it, but not really. Knowing what we know about these PTW, Mallozzi was probably just throwing us a bone to shut us up. Maybe they were thinking about it as an idea to use if they couldn't come up with enough decent (by their standards) stories to fill up the season, but they never really took it seriously.
    Yeah I think he was just being... himself.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    Southern Red- I sent you a PM and Scary Kitty - an email. I'm just picking your brains a bit for the convention. I can't believe it's almost here!

JT!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it and replied. I am excited for you and JT. We will all be thinking about you all weekend and waiting to hear from you.

Oh, and something I forgot. I don't know if you are taking a computer with you, but the data center in the hotel is convenient and never crowded. I used it all the time to post on here. With all the hassle of getting a laptop through the airport, I decided to chance it and was glad I did. You'll see that everything for the convention is conveniently located mostly on one floor. The photo ops are downstairs, but they do a good job of giving directions. It's a big hotel and even with this size crowd doesn't seem mobbed.
    I wasn't planning on bringing my computer with me, or even posting to be honest. Sorry. You'll get some tweets out of me, though.

Just replied! Squee, I am so excited for the both of you and hope you have a blast!

Oh, and here's a little trick I used to acclimate myself to where everything was when I went to the LAX and Burbank cons; go on to the hotel's website and see if they have floor plans of their convention/ballroom areas that you can print out. When Creation posts the schedule of events, they'll also list where each event takes place. You can then use a highlighter to mark all the important spots from your itinerary on your map and bring it with you to the con.
    Oooh, good thinking! Of course I can get lost with even the easiest of maps, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Well, think of it this way - you know it was well written that it got me emotional. Yup, that's defiantly true.
      Considering your rant yesterday on Twitter about spelling and grammar, I know you know that word is definitely, right? *pokes you*

I wasn't planning on bringing my computer with me, or even posting to be honest. Sorry. You'll get some tweets out of me, though.
      We better get tweets. Don't make us have to come up there.

Oooh, good thinking! Of course I can get lost with even the easiest of maps, but it's worth a shot.
      If they have everything in the same place they did in '10, you won't need a map. But it can't hurt to print one off to get oriented.

I know we're all super excited about Chicago, but check out this schedule for DragonCon. Torri and Joe are on 4, count 'em, 4 panels together. Four days of Sparky on stage. I hope we get some reports out of that one.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah I think he was just being... himself.
        *snerks*

Heh! Always worth a try, though, especially if it's someplace you've never visited before.

Considering your rant yesterday on Twitter about spelling and grammar, I know you know that word is definitely, right? *pokes you*
        *snickers*

I know we're all super excited about Chicago, but check out this schedule for DragonCon. Torri and Joe are on 4, count 'em, 4 panels together. Four days of Sparky on stage. I hope we get some reports out of that one.
        *cough* Oh Eriiiiiii.... *coughcough*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everyone!

To everyone who is going to a Con soon, I hope that you’ll have a great time.

I saw that and was like “Wow!”, I do hope that we’ll get some videos because we’ve been getting them from previous DragonCon panels and I must say that it would be disappointing if we didn’t get a single one from this one so hopefully someone is there with a camera.

Hmm, wonder if they have any live feeds from the two Cons that are coming up; even if it’s not for the panels it would be fun to see them anyway.
          sigpic

Comment

Got it and replied. I am excited for you and JT. We will all be thinking about you all weekend and waiting to hear from you.

Oh, and something I forgot. I don't know if you are taking a computer with you, but the data center in the hotel is convenient and never crowded. I used it all the time to post on here. With all the hassle of getting a laptop through the airport, I decided to chance it and was glad I did. You'll see that everything for the convention is conveniently located mostly on one floor. The photo ops are downstairs, but they do a good job of giving directions. It's a big hotel and even with this size crowd doesn't seem mobbed.
            Glad to hear about the data center. I'm not taking my laptop, but I could take my ipod and tweet along with JT.

Just replied! Squee, I am so excited for the both of you and hope you have a blast!

Oh, and here's a little trick I used to acclimate myself to where everything was when I went to the LAX and Burbank cons; go on to the hotel's website and see if they have floor plans of their convention/ballroom areas that you can print out. When Creation posts the schedule of events, they'll also list where each event takes place. You can then use a highlighter to mark all the important spots from your itinerary on your map and bring it with you to the con.
            Good tip!

No worries, I'm good with maps. Probably just jinxed myself... LOL

That looks so awesome!

And I thought of another question. SK & SR - what did you put your pictures in to keep them protected?
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              Hello everyone!

To everyone who is going to a Con soon, I hope that you’ll have a great time.

I saw that and was like “Wow!”, I do hope that we’ll get some videos because we’ve been getting them from previous DragonCon panels and I must say that it would be disappointing if we didn’t get a single one from this one so hopefully someone is there with a camera.

Hmm, wonder if they have any live feeds from the two Cons that are coming up; even if it’s not for the panels it would be fun to see them anyway.
              There were no official vids from the ChiCon I went to, and they are very serious about you not taking video with your camera. Any vids you see are not done with permission.

Glad to hear about the data center. I'm not taking my laptop, but I could take my ipod and tweet along with JT.

Good tip!

No worries, I'm good with maps. Probably just jinxed myself... LOL

That looks so awesome!

And I thought of another question. SK & SR - what did you put your pictures in to keep them protected?
              Let's see...*ponders*. I printed off my own pics to have autographed and put cardboard in between each one. I didn't trust the airlines not to lose them, so I put them in my carryon. On the way back, I added my photos with Joe and David and never let them out of my sight. You can lose my clothes and my toiletries, but you better not come near my pics.
              sigpic

Comment

Since I was getting photo ops signed and didn't have to go too far, I just kept them in the paper envelope bag when I picked up the pics at the end of the day, then laid them across my lap while sitting in my seat waiting to be called up for autographs. Then laid them in the passenger seat of my car as I drove home.

As you'll both be traveling much further distances, you'll want something more sturdy. SR's suggestion of sandwiching them between cardboard in your carryon or a large tote/purse for the flight home is a good one. If you've got a decent comic book store near you that you can hit before leaving for Chicago, you might want to see if they carry the UltraPro line of collectible storage solutions; their toploader sleeves work very well. (I use their cardsleeves for my SGA trading cards; good stuff.)

And as always, make sure the autograph ink is TOTALLY dry before tucking your photo away in your protective carrier of choice.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Since I was getting photo ops signed and didn't have to go too far, I just kept them in the paper envelope bag when I picked up the pics at the end of the day, then laid them across my lap while sitting in my seat waiting to be called up for autographs. Then laid them in the passenger seat of my car as I drove home.

As you'll both be traveling much further distances, you'll want something more sturdy. SR's suggestion of sandwiching them between cardboard in your carryon or a large tote/purse for the flight home is a good one. If you've got a decent comic book store near you that you can hit before leaving for Chicago, you might want to see if they carry the UltraPro line of collectible storage solutions; their toploader sleeves work very well. (I use their cardsleeves for my SGA trading cards; good stuff.)

And as always, make sure the autograph ink is TOTALLY dry before tucking your photo away in your protective carrier of choice.
                  Yes, I knew there was something I forgot. The ladies who sat in front of us will be eternally grateful to Mr. SR for guarding their photos while they were drying so the ladies could visit the little girls' room. It's amazing the little things that you don't think of but are very important.

And I wish just once I could be wrong about something negative, but
                  Spoiler:
                  JM just discussed Common Ground on his blog without mentioning Joe. I told you it was going to happen. Now I can't wait to see what he does with Vegas.
                  sigpic

Comment

There were no official vids from the ChiCon I went to, and they are very serious about you not taking video with your camera. Any vids you see are not done with permission.
                    Ok, good to know, I’ve never been to one so I wasn’t sure how it worked.

One would think though that it would be a good idea to film it and then maybe air it on their website, just for those who can’t be there and I do get that maybe they think that it should be something for those that pays to go and I get that it would just be a fun thing for those fans who couldn’t attend.

I think I have something like that which I got at a convention back in 2010 (ironically I bought them to keep my Joe autograph safe *lol*) and it was such a great purchase. One is bigger and perfect for the usual A4 papers you usually get when you print something out or that you get when you're at the con and then I also got a smaller one and I bring both with me when I attend a con and other times when I want an autograph or bring pictures with me. I would defiantly recommend getting one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, I knew there was something I forgot. The ladies who sat in front of us will be eternally grateful to Mr. SR for guarding their photos while they were drying so the ladies could visit the little girls' room. It's amazing the little things that you don't think of but are very important.
                      You betcha.

Ok, good to know, I’ve never been to one so I wasn’t sure how it worked.

One would think though that it would be a good idea to film it and then maybe air it on their website, just for those who can’t be there and I do get that maybe they think that it should be something for those that pays to go and I get that it would just be a fun thing for those fans who couldn’t attend.
                      Or maybe offer a DVD with the footage to all attendees as part of their registration package.

I think I have something like that which I got at a convention back in 2010 (ironically I bought them to keep my Joe autograph safe *lol*) and it was such a great purchase. One is bigger and perfect for the usual A4 papers you usually get when you print something out or that you get when you're at the con and then I also got a smaller one and I bring both with me when I attend a con and other times when I want an autograph or bring pictures with me. I would defiantly recommend getting one.
                      Yup, those things are just so awesome.

Also, I pulled out my two photo op/autographs and measured them: They're both 8" x 10", so a protector size of at least 8-1/2" x 11" would be ideal, so you've got some wiggle room to keep from bumping the corners of the photos as you slide the them into the protector.

And I wish just once I could be wrong about something negative, but
                      Spoiler:
                      JM just discussed Common Ground on his blog without mentioning Joe. I told you it was going to happen. Now I can't wait to see what he does with Vegas.
                      *headdesk* My prediction?
                      Spoiler:
                      JM will talk about how Rodney saved the day with his trusty sidekick Woolsey, and wasn't that little blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo by Keller so clever? But there won't be a word about Joe. Mark my words. *sighs*

Comment

I second the Ultrapro toploader sleeves. I've been using them for years to protect my sports cards and price guides. *Kicks self for not thinking of grabbing a bunch for my Stargate Magazines and Star Wars Insiders*
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hello sparkies. I've been busy (ma's been having some health problems but she's better now) and have been away abit. I see Irish Eyes and JT are coming to Chicago. I have finally decided to cave and go to a con. And yes, it is because Torri will be there. So I've got a stupid con question; if I buy the super duper gold package, that does mean I' don't have to buy separate autograph tickets correct? I still need to purchase photo op tickets separate though? I know, last minute!

Top loading protective sleeves? Fancy way of saying bags and boards for comics that I use??!!!

If y'all want to go sight seeing the blue line is only a few blocks away. Trips are $2.25. The Blue line goes to Ohare so it runs 24/7. Other lines only run until one or two in morning. Oh, and the real baseball stadium is at 35th and Shields.
                          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

I hadn't even thought about carrying the photos. D'oh. There's probably tons of stuff I'm not thinking about.

Eri needs to go to Dragon con! Eri Eri Eri!

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                              Hello sparkies. I've been busy (ma's been having some health problems but she's better now) and have been away abit. I see Irish Eyes and JT are coming to Chicago. I have finally decided to cave and go to a con. And yes, it is because Torri will be there. So I've got a stupid con question; if I buy the super duper gold package, that does mean I' don't have to buy separate autograph tickets correct? I still need to purchase photo op tickets separate though? I know, last minute!

Top loading protective sleeves? Fancy way of saying bags and boards for comics that I use??!!!

If y'all want to go sight seeing the blue line is only a few blocks away. Trips are $2.25. The Blue line goes to Ohare so it runs 24/7. Other lines only run until one or two in morning. Oh, and the real baseball stadium is at 35th and Shields.
                              Hey!! So we'll meet you there too?? Yay!!

I can't remember the autograph thing. I believe so. If you want an extra autograph then you pay extra. I'll be doing that as I'm picking up an autograph for scifan as well. I don't remember. I'll have to look at the web site again. I got the gold ticket mainly so I'd have a guaranteed seat up close.

Comment

Ok I just looked up the Gold ticket stuff. Let me spoiler it so I hopefully don't piss off everyone else. It's both the actors of Sparky at the same time, so it's on topic!!

Spoiler:

Here's what you get when you go "GOLD" for the weekend! It is the most upscale way to attend the full weekend.

1) The absolute best reserved seats in the main theatre where all our major guests appear! These seats are YOURS, come and go, all three days! Great for photographers too!

2) FREE in-person autographs with great celebrity guests including MICHAEL SHANKS, JOE FLANIGAN, PAUL McGILLION, TORRI HIGGINSON, JEWEL STAITE, CLIFF SIMON and TONY AMENDOLA plus a complimentary hand signed photo of a Stargate franchise star not appearing at this convention (we will have several choices on a first come first serve basis when you first check in including David Hewlett, Lou Diamond Philliips, Peter Williams, and Christopher Judge. This benefit is worth a substantial portion of the package price! At our 2011 event the free autographs if bought separately would have cost $215!

3) First to get autographs: we go row by row: you are in the front rows: you get the idea!

4) FREE ADMISSION to our super-fun DESSERT PARTY and CENTERPIECE CONTEST on Saturday Evening. Celebrate with selected stars (you will personally meet them as they are escorted around table to table) and fellow fans, EXCLUSIVE TO GOLD PATRONS ONLY! A cash bar is available for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Tentative guest celebrities include TORRI HIGGINSON, JEWEL STAITE, CLIFF SIMON and KATE HEWLETT.

5) Complimentary admission (keep your same great seats) to the Friday Night Celebrity Cabaret in the Gold Section. See some of our guests doing what the love to do the best: ENTERTAIN live audiences! Always a blast! PERFORMERS INCLUDE ROBERT PICARDO, CHUCK CAMPBELL and TONY AMENDOLA.

6) Pre-Registration: we get you set for the weekend before other patrons and give you first crack at the exclusive merchandise!

7) Wristband access: we have special color coded wristbands and lanyard credentials for GOLD Package Holders: once you get set you don't need to wait again!

8) FREE admission into the famous Sunday Morning Continental Breakfast and Charity Silent Auction! Featuring some of our celebrity guests (whom you will get to personally meet) we love getting our final day started in such an excellent manner! Join the fun! GUESTS INCLUDE tentatively PAUL McGILLION and ROBERT PICARDO.

Comment

Working...
                                X