sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        I LOVE IT, Madness reigns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The perfect quote for the perfect Sparky pic!!

The rest of your artwork is great as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I have a happy muse. She's doing research so she can expand on an existing fic (which I always intended to expand) and it's even on topic for the thread as it contains a slight case of Sparky. At least, that's how envision it. However, it's a WWII AU fic, so I take a wee bit of authorial freedom and play with the characters a smidgen to fit them into a different setting, France to be exact. I just researched deportations of the Jews in France... it made me sad.
          Yes, that is a very sad chapter in world history, FH. But if you are talking about the fic I think you are, I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Glad your muse is happy. Mine disappeared again just when I was find a gaggle of plot bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Yes, that is a very sad chapter in world history, FH.
            I've been in the concentration camp at Auschwitz in Poland some 20 years ago so I'm no stranger to that particular black page of European history. But in this particular case I needed info on France and their deportation situations.

But if you are talking about the fic I think you are, I can't wait to see what else you come up with.
            I only ever wrote one WWII AU fic so yup, it's the one you're thinking of.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I've been in the concentration camp at Auschwitz in Poland some 20 years ago so I'm no stranger to that particular black page of European history. But in this particular case I needed info on France and their deportation situations.
              My grandad was in the Royal Artillery and he went to Auschwitz when the allies freed Poland... My dad says he was never the same. But after what he saw, I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

I feel like a newbie for asking this, but what rank do you need to have a cutomed avatar?

Comment

I don't know the exact rank, but it's right around 2000 posts...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    I don't know the exact rank, but it's right around 2000 posts...
                    I think the rank that goes with it is that of Lieutenant-Colonel... though not sure either.

Also, posts in off topic don't count towards your count, FYI.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

MR, you have killed me ded. I cannot put into words how great your artwork is.

I'm with you on the treatment of the Jews. It was a disgraceful period for all countries, especially those who didn't take them in. My dad was in the US Army during WWII and was at the liberation of one of the concentration camps. I don't remember which one it was right off hand. He never talked about the things he saw.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I'm with you on the treatment of the Jews. It was a disgraceful period for all countries, especially those who didn't take them in. My dad was in the US Army during WWII and was at the liberation of one of the concentration camps. I don't remember which one it was right off hand. He never talked about the things he saw.
                          Don't remind me when I was just at Yad Vashem (the Holocaust Memorial Musem) a couple of weeks ago as part of my Birthright Trip, I was in tears because of the horrible things the museum displayed. They even showed mementos of the dead which got me because many people that died was hopeful to live. I lost it in the children's memorial because they mentioned random names of Children victms and one of them was one years old, I babysat a baby a year before I couldnt fathom her going through that -shudders-.
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

I LOVE IT, Madness reigns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The perfect quote for the perfect Sparky pic!!

The rest of your artwork is great as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            MR, you have killed me ded. I cannot put into words how great your artwork is.
                            Thanks Have been going through old artwork for the 1st Anniversary of the AfA tread and found them lurking at the bottom of my PB account - interesting to see how much my art has changes over the past year
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              Don't remind me when I was just at Yad Vashem (the Holocaust Memorial Musem) a couple of weeks ago as part of my Birthright Trip, I was in tears because of the horrible things the museum displayed. They even showed mementos of the dead which got me because many people that died was hopeful to live. I lost it in the children's memorial because they mentioned random names of Children victms and one of them was one years old, I babysat a baby a year before I couldnt fathom her going through that -shudders-.
                              The Holocaust Museum here in DC is the same way, the most emotional experience I have ever had. I've seen teenagers fall silent when they walk in. Everyone needs to see it because if you really think about it, you'll understand that it can happen again very easily. All we have to do is follow along blindly and not stand up to evil.

Negotiating with the Wraith would kind of be like going along with the Nazis I think.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I don't like to think about all the crap the people in the camps had to go through (I wont say Jews because it wasn't just them, there were homosexuals, black people, muslims and disabled people, the list goes on and most people just think it was the Jews who suffered) because it makes me depressed. There were so many people there that most of the world forget about.

Comment

Working...
                                X