No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! Take a look at your reputation flavor text! Mine is: Water Bottle on Sam's Mountain Bike.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Distracted by Olympic soccer but I'm here. I may even have a little ficlet to share sometime after the post-a-thon.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

30-minutes until ’Conversion’ and I’m very exited.
        sigpic

Comment

S-minus 25 minutes to Conversion!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Distracted by Olympic soccer but I'm here. I may even have a little ficlet to share sometime after the post-a-thon.
          Looking forward to reading it!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
            The Air Training Corps (Pronounced like core). This should explain;
            http://www.raf.mod.uk/aircadets/
            Thanks, ShWeir!! Oddly enough our conversation gave me an idea for a fic I hope to have finished before I go to bed tonight. It's set not long after The Storm/Eye and John decides Elizabeth needs to learn how to shoot. Just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              OMG! Take a look at your reputation flavor text! Mine is: Water Bottle on Sam's Mountain Bike.
              Where do you find that?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Scroll over your rep points, SR. You're officiating a boxing match between SG1 Weir and SGA Weir.

Once again I win. I am Zelenka's swim coach.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Scroll over your rep points, SR. You're officiating a boxing match between SG1 Weir and SGA Weir.

Same here. *High fives*

Comment

Curse you.

Comment

Got it. Why are you all so much smarter than I am? Never mind.

Nope, I win this time. I hate the water and can't swim. Little known fact about me. I say Lizzeh can take her.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Nope, I win this time. I hate the water and can't swim. Little known fact about me. I say Lizzeh can take her.
                        Hmm, Lizzeh vs. Lizzeh. Who to root for?

Comment

Hmm, Lizzeh vs. Lizzeh. Who to root for?
                          Lizzeh.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Same here. *High fives*
                            *High fives*

How can you be an East Coast girl and not swim?

Torri Weir would mop the floor with Jessica Weir.

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes and counting.

Comment

Indeed and that brings up something I want to throw out there before we watch it. When the original airing was coming up, Sci Fi ran an ad showing John sitting on his bed and someone whose face was hidden standing beside him. We argued back and forth on who this could be. I said it couldn't be Elizabeth because I just didn't think they would go there. Happily, I was very wrong. At this same time there was the TV Guide cover with John and Teyla and a big buildup about how their relationship was about to change. We all braced ourselves for full out Sheyla, but lo and behold, at least IMHO, we got the death of that ship instead. Big surprises all around. And needless to say the way they showed John and Lizzeh so close in this ep fueled many a Sparky fire. Once again TPTB told us one thing and showed us another. And they wonder why Sparky exists.
                                More proof that you missed a lot of fun stuff when you weren’t around when the episode first aired but at the same time I don’t know what all those intense stuff would have done to me at the time.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                TV guide usually care more about the outright intense scenes like that. If someone kisses someone it was like oh-la-la. It was like the whole thing where they thought John was Torren's father, but of course we find out it's Kaanan's kid.

Its true there was a tiny microscopic Sheyla but it was more like OH AM IZ A BUGZ NOWZ IMZ GONNAZ KISS TEYLAZ, while Sparky there were many intense scenes in the episode, John punching the glass wall in Elizabeth's office, John screaming at Elizabeth and grabbing her by the neck and slamming her against the wall (I think John was freaking out after that cause the guy who moves heaven and hell to protect her is hurting her). Of course the biggest scene in my opinion was John and Elizabeth with Bug!John in the robe walking together to go on the mission. It says alot, you know he was dangerous but she was not afraid to support him.
                                I loved that scene (even had it in my video) and it does say a lot that she not only walked with him the whole way but also the way that she couldn’t walk closer to him if she tried indicate that she is always there for him and supports him.

Definitely proves the saying, "Actions speak louder than words," doesn't it? *snickers*
                                When it comes to Sparky it sure does and I prefer it that way.

And don't forget "it's better for the both of us". We're still not sure what he meant by that. All that just proves that they told us one thing and showed us another. TV Guide was clueless.
                                That line always made me curies, I mean shouldn’t it have been “It’s better for all of us” if he hadn’t meant for it to be something personal for the two of them. It’s also the part where he says “I’m not safe to be around anymore” and while that isn’t so much time line itself but it’s more in the way he says it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X