Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    Well the guns are not cool but I am also kinda ticked (as being stricken with Zionist fever), that they are not doing anything to commemerate the 40th Anniversery Of The Massacre of 11 Israel Athletes during the 1972 Olympics.
    It was briefly mentioned on the BBC broadcast as the athletes were coming in but I agree there should have been a mention in the ceremony.

And SR, I know. There were loads of soldiers walking around as well (unarmed) and that did reassure me. Guns don't I'm afraid but yes your right it probably is something I will have to get used to and congrats to the US for their great start!
    My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
    When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      You and me both. I heard that Bob Costas said something but it was cut out of the NBC broadcast. Not cool.
      That upset me too, really its not like they have to remember the tragedy every single year, but just once in a while and the fact a single favor was not given was not that classy. Theres actually a protest about it up in NYC, alot of people are angered understanbly so.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        My bad side really isn't a place you'd wanna be, trust me. Even I don't want to be on my bad side.
        I'm the same way. That being said. *Puts out several huge bowls of sugar for my favorite Lemming*

You can never be too careful.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

You and me both. I heard that Bob Costas said something but it was cut out of the NBC broadcast. Not cool.
          Maybe I was too sleep deprived from starting a 9-5 job but I could have sworn he talked about it and the fact the IOC wasn't doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
            Please don't take my comment as a complaint against the police force, they do a great job and get little thanks for it. It was shocking though to see such a well armed prescence. Today was the first time I'd even seen a gun and to see so many officers carrying around rifles was a shock. They have put weapons on the roofs of some local residental tower blocks as well. I think that when the Brits were looking foward to the games, we didn't think of this side of it but I totally agree that after last summers riots in London, there needed to be a show of strength, doesn't make it any less of a shock though.
            It was your first time seeing a gun? Wow... I never thought of that, I was shooting and cleaning a rifle by the time I was four so it was no big shock for me, but I guess that it would be to people who've never seen one before.

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
              It was your first time seeing a gun? Wow... I never thought of that, I was shooting and cleaning a rifle by the time I was four so it was no big shock for me, but I guess that it would be to people who've never seen one before.
              Wow . . . I thought I started shooting young at 6.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Wow . . . I thought I started shooting young at 6.
                Yeah my dad was head of shooting at ATC, so I learnt at a young age.

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                  Yeah my dad was head of shooting at ATC, so I learnt at a young age.
                  What is ATC?

You might find this enteresting. My dad actually used a .303 Enfield to teach me how to shoot.

Is anybody else having trouble with GW today? The start page won't come up for me but the drop down menus work.

Comment

I think we're kinda diverging off topic here so lets get back.

Once upon a time there was a couple named Sparky, they fell in love got married and had lots of babies....the end.
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                      Well the guns are not cool but I am also kinda ticked (as being stricken with Zionist fever), that they are not doing anything to commemerate the 40th Anniversery Of The Massacre of 11 Israel Athletes during the 1972 Olympics.
                      I don't know where y'all have been at the past few days but there was in fact a commemoration held in the Olympic village before the official start. And I'm sorry to say this, but I agree with Jacques Rogge that such a commemoration has no place during the festivities of an opening ceremony which is about the Olympic Games in 2012 London.

As far as security is concerned, they better whip out the best of the best. They really can't afford an incident of worldy proportions, they are after all responsible for the safety of all athletes, visitors, crew, volunteers and the city of London. Upping security for events such as the Olympics isn't a one off thing.

Guns - I love the look of them, but I don't like em. And I sure as hell don't feel safe around them, no matter who's handling them.
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 28 July 2012, 02:06 PM. Reason: Cause spelling and grammar have apparently left the building
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay, I guess that discussion killed the thread, so back on topic. Only about 9 hours until our Conversion postathon. This is gonna be a good one.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          What is ATC?

You might find this enteresting. My dad actually used a .303 Enfield to teach me how to shoot.

Is anybody else having trouble with GW today? The start page won't come up for me but the drop down menus work.
                          The Air Training Corps (Pronounced like core). This should explain;
                          http://www.raf.mod.uk/aircadets/
                          Last edited by ShWeir; 29 July 2012, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours and 30 minutes to the Conversion post-a-thon!

Okay, I guess that discussion killed the thread, so back on topic. Only about 9 hours until our Conversion postathon. This is gonna be a good one.
                            ZOMG, the snark will be flying fast and furious today!
                            (And I've got barf bags for everyone in anticipation of a certain scene...)
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I won't be here, I'm desperately trying to get more enthused about my upcoming trip to Ypres and surroundings. So far, no luck. So, I'm hoping that watching A Very Long Engagement will bring me into the spirit of things... (watching it in French of course).
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well well another episode where John is near death igniting many Sparky Feels.
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X