Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    My too.
    That's one of the reasons why I love the movie "Persuasion" (the newer one). That movie has so many intense stares and looks between the lead characters, and throughout the movie, you keep getting the feeling that there is still something just below the surface that wants to come out, but they can't quite bring themselves to say it.

Hmm. Reminds me of another couple I know.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      That's one of the reasons why I love the movie "Persuasion" (the newer one). That movie has so many intense stares and looks between the lead characters, and throughout the movie, you keep getting the feeling that there is still something just below the surface that wants to come out, but they can't quite bring themselves to say it.

Hmm. Reminds me of another couple I know.

Well Joe has the non verbal acting guru. You can tell what he is thinking just by looking at them. That's why we have many Sparky feels its all in the eyes baby.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

3,400 posts. Time for a fic pic, using two of my favorite people and one of my favorite scenes.

Spoiler:

Hey, Elizabeth, got a minute? I got a favor I need to ask you.

I'm afraid to ask. What do you need, John?

I'm testing a theory. I'm seeing if macho guys, like me, that watch girly movies -- even Jane Austen -- are more likely to attract beautiful and brilliant women.

I'm still not getting it.

(rapidly) You like Jane Austen movies and I would be willing to endure watching one if there was even the slightest chance I might get to take you out to dinner.

Please?

Five minutes later:

Is this the ending?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Why'd you skip everything else?

Because I wanted to skip ahead.

Comment

3,400 posts. Time for a fic pic, using two of my favorite people and one of my favorite scenes.

Spoiler:

Hey, Elizabeth, got a minute? I got a favor I need to ask you.

I'm afraid to ask. What do you need, John?

I'm testing a theory. I'm seeing if macho guys, like me, that watch girly movies -- even Jane Austen -- are more likely to attract beautiful and brilliant women.

I'm still not getting it.

(rapidly) You like Jane Austen movies and I would be willing to endure watching one if there was even the slightest chance I might get to take you out to dinner.

Please?

Five minutes later:

Is this the ending?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Why'd you skip everything else?

Because I wanted to skip ahead.

-Claps- Lovely my friend.
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            You are going to have a ball in Chicago. I am so excited for you. If you want more advice on how things work, I'll be glad to answer any further questions.
            Thanks. I'm sure I'll have many more!

See, it's spooky already. Is that CCR I hear?
            I don't know about you, but I'm hearing the "Jaws" theme.
            As long as it's not Dueling Banjos....
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              Thanks. I'm sure I'll have many more!

As long as it's not Dueling Banjos....
              Now I'm hearing that. At least, something that sounds like it.

Comment

My new sig is done. What do ya think?

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...Memories-1.jpg

Layering for the win. *high-fives self*
                That's just gorgeous. We seem to have hit an artistic spell lately with all the new sigs.

Thanks to everyone who liked the CCR vid. I'm betting I'm the only one here who heard those songs when they first came out. Oh how I remember those happy hours social times in the college bars. I even saw them in concert once.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

That's just gorgeous. We seem to have hit an artistic spell lately with all the new sigs.

Thanks to everyone who liked the CCR vid. I'm betting I'm the only one here who heard those songs when they first came out. Oh how I remember those happy hours social times in the college bars. I even saw them in concert once.
                  Thanks!

It's a shame that, just due to when I was born, there are so many good bands I've missed and don't have the opportunity to see in concert. I would love to see the Eagles, though. Wonder if they still do concerts ...

Comment

OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    Some of the tweets I sent in for the #NCISsuperfan marathon on USA Network just scrolled across my TV screen. *bounces, flails, and squees*

Comment

Editing some old sigs:

And 87 guests! Come join in the fun!

Comment

Thanks!

It's a shame that, just due to when I was born, there are so many good bands I've missed and don't have the opportunity to see in concert. I would love to see the Eagles, though. Wonder if they still do concerts ...
                        I vaguely remember an Eagles reunion tour coming through here a few years ago. If they did get together though, the ticket prices would be astronomical.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I vaguely remember an Eagles reunion tour coming through here a few years ago. If they did get together though, the ticket prices would be astronomical.
                          Maybe my mom and I could save up and do something like that. It would make for a nice trip.

I took that last sig and made a background out of it. Once I finally bothered to look up the screen resolution for my computer. So if anybody has a 1280x800 screen and is feeling a little angsty, here's something to snurch:

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm heading to bed, gotta be up early!

Good night, everybody!

*group hug for the thread*

And one more little laugh for the night!

Spoiler:

Umm, 'Lizabeth? I haven't finished unpacking yet. Can I come stay with you?

Yes, that's fine --

Wow. That was quick.

Comment

I'm heading to bed, gotta be up early!

Good night, everybody!

*group hug for the thread*

And one more little laugh for the night!

Spoiler:
                              http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...203/return.png

Umm, 'Lizabeth? I haven't finished unpacking yet. Can I come stay with you?

Yes, that's fine --

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...omckay0286.jpg

Wow. That was quick.
                              *cracks up* You're hilarious!

And great job on the sigs! They're lovely!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I wouldn't make that bet if I were you...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X