Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! So, did you miss me? I missed you!

Saturday at Comic-Con was a bust of epic proportions. Stood in line all day (and even with sunblock I still managed to get a little sunburned) to get into Hall H for the Iron Man 3 panel, and the fire marshal closed the room with about 40 people still in line ahead of me (and hundreds behind me). Over eight hours. 40 people. So close, yet so far. *cries* And based on the insane tweets coming out of the panel, it was a wild show. *cries some more* So yeah. Saturday was not so good.

Friday was much better; got to meet Kris and we had a blast at the Tron: Uprising panel with Bruce Boxleitner and Elijah Wood. I missed Firefly (line too long) and Falling Skies (same), but got to run amok in the exhibit hall looking at all the cool stuff and taking a few pics... whenever I take my camera, I always seem to forget that I've got it, LOL.

Anyway, I see you've all been busy... So before I go in search of breakfast, let me begin the countdown: T-minus 5 hours and 45 minutes to the Trinity post-a-thon!
    Sorry you didn't get to see everything you wanted, SK. Sounds like you still had a good time though.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

So anyway I was reading a story set during the six week hiatus in the return part 1 and Mitchell and Vala bag on John about how he missed Elizabeth as she came to the SGC to pick up her stuff and general Landry, Mitchell and Vala all pick up on Sheppard missing her. Valal even things he's dating Elizabeth. It's a very cool story. If I find it I will definitely post a link.

Btw how do you guys do that. Crossing out of words thingymcbober doodad?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Well, weren't almost all the episodes after S1 really filler??

S1 was the only season that had some definite arcs to it. The other seasons were quite weak about that kind of thing.
        I think the later seasons had some cool episodes like in season two three and four they each had unofficial two parters that served towards the development of atlantis.
        Season 2: instinct / conversion (wraith retrovirus)
        Season 3: progeny / the real world (replicators)
        Season 4: missing / the seer (missing athosians)

plus
        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 16 July 2012, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          Ah, thanks for clearing this up for me.

Do screen caps turn out okay for 8x10's or are they too fuzzy? Or is it better to get a pic off of MGM's site? I admit I'm clueless about this.

I think screen caps you do yourself will probably come out fuzzy. I used some from the GW section on screen caps and the 8 x 10's came out great.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          So anyway I was reading a story set during the six week hiatus in the return part 1 and Mitchell and Vala bag on John about how he missed Elizabeth as she came to the SGC to pick up her stuff and general Landry, Mitchell and Vala all pick up on Sheppard missing her. Valal even things he's dating Elizabeth. It's a very cool story. If I find it I will definitely post a link.

Btw how do you guys do that. Crossing out of words thingymcbober doodad?
          I can't show you exactly because it will strike out and confuse you. But you type [strike] then you type the words you want to strike out. After that you type the word strike again in brackets but put / inside the brackets before the word strike. I hope that makes sense.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I can't show you exactly because it will strike out and confuse you. But you type [strike] then you type the words you want to strike out. After that you type the word strike again in brackets but put / inside the brackets before the word strike. I hope that makes sense.
            it does. it makes total and complete nonsense sense to me.

Comment

Good morning!

I'm heading to Tampa to go hang out with my sister allday at Busch Gardens, so I'll be MIA allday.

mandogater, thanks for the green!

SR, I just saw the video for "Glass" on CMT. You're right, it is a perfect song for John and Elizabeth. I especially like the line
              Spoiler:
              But try not to judge me, 'cause we've walked down different paths,
              But it brought us here together, so I won't take that back.
              Awesome.

I'll be back later! I hope everybody has a great Monday!

*zips out*

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                it does. it makes total and complete nonsense sense to me.
                Yay, you got it. It took me a long time to learn all those HTML things.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                Good morning!

I'm heading to Tampa to go hang out with my sister allday at Busch Gardens, so I'll be MIA allday.

mandogater, thanks for the green!

SR, I just saw the video for "Glass" on CMT. You're right, it is a perfect song for John and Elizabeth. I especially like the line
                Spoiler:
                But try not to judge me, 'cause we've walked down different paths,
                But it brought us here together, so I won't take that back.
                Awesome.

I'll be back later! I hope everybody has a great Monday!

*zips out*
                Isn't that a great song? I had a hard time picking what lines to use. You could do a bunch of sigs from it. Here's the lyrics vid. The official video is a bit bizarre, beautiful but distracting from the words and the Sparky message.

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Just finished watching after this thunderstorm knocked our power out a few times. And OMG, I can't believe I'd never seen it thus far! What a great episode, and I agree with everything everybody said during the post-a-thon! The Spanky scenes were awesome. Lizzeh's Eyebrow of Doom made quite a few appearances. And I thought JoeF had a lot more dialogue in this episode than some others, but totally didn't mind. Loved it when John pwned Rodney with his Mensa talk. *pets *

That was truly epic. Too bad they never revisited some of those storylines.

I'm off to make some new sigs. Looked through my folder and decided there are a few that need to be redone. Later!
                  Hee! Trinity is such a fun episode. We get to see the entire cast on parade and actually doing useful things, which seems to happen all too rarely. It's a real treat to see.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  Ah, thanks for clearing this up for me.

Do screen caps turn out okay for 8x10's or are they too fuzzy? Or is it better to get a pic off of MGM's site? I admit I'm clueless about this.
                  When it comes to printing digital images, the higher the quality of the original image, the better your printout will be. Screen caps taken from the Blu-rays would be ideal if you can find them.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Sorry you didn't get to see everything you wanted, SK. Sounds like you still had a good time though.
                  Thanks. *hugs* It was definitely a good time on Friday. I'll just have to remember that I haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of getting into Hall H unless I'm staying in San Diego and can line up before 8am.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hee! Trinity is such a fun episode. We get to see the entire cast on parade and actually doing useful things, which seems to happen all too rarely. It's a real treat to see.

When it comes to printing digital images, the higher the quality of the original image, the better your printout will be. Screen caps taken from the Blu-rays would be ideal if you can find them.

Thanks. *hugs* It was definitely a good time on Friday. I'll just have to remember that I haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of getting into Hall H unless I'm staying in San Diego and can line up before 8am.
                    Sorry Comic-Con didn't work out for you as you'd hoped. I was clicking jealously on the Firefly reunion pics.

One of my all time favorite things about Trinity is the end scenes, where Teyla and Ronon walked through the Gate to the tune of Elizabeth yelling so loudly that the entire gateroom can hear her. I love that she got REALLY mad. She had her Momma Weir moments, but in that case, Rodney deserved having someone really take him to task. Elizabeth did it so infrequently it was a treat to hear her let go.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

With the rewatch going on and all, I have been checking some of the old episode threads to see what some of the newer people and those watching S1-2 again after a long time might be saying. A couple of interesting things have come up. Some think that there were not enough personal moments to let the viewer know that these people cared about each other. I tend to agree.

I think we got little hints that they were friends, more tell than show as these writers tended to do, but one moment stands out. John giving the birthday present to Elizabeth.

This was relatively early in S1. Not a lot of connections among any of the expedition members had been firmly established, yet we see him going out of his way to somehow get her a present from the Athosians. Teyla must have had a hand in this somehow, and we never learned how he knew it was her birthday. This is a very personal moment, not work required, not part of his job, certainly not expected. Do we ever see this kind of moment between any other two characters? What would even come close? John playing games with Ronon and Rodney? Plans to go fishing with Carson? Teyla and Ronon meditating? Beer on the pier? John and Ronon drinking beer? I'm still thinking hard...but none of those were as carefully planned out and done purposefully to make the other person feel better. And then later in TOR we see John and Elizabeth casually having lunch together like it's a common thing. All canon evidence that they had a personal connection outside work.
                      sigpic

Comment

With the rewatch going on and all, I have been checking some of the old episode threads to see what some of the newer people and those watching S1-2 again after a long time might be saying. A couple of interesting things have come up. Some think that there were not enough personal moments to let the viewer know that these people cared about each other. I tend to agree.

I think we got little hints that they were friends, more tell than show as these writers tended to do, but one moment stands out. John giving the birthday present to Elizabeth.

This was relatively early in S1. Not a lot of connections among any of the expedition members had been firmly established, yet we see him going out of his way to somehow get her a present from the Athosians. Teyla must have had a hand in this somehow, and we never learned how he knew it was her birthday. This is a very personal moment, not work required, not part of his job, certainly not expected. Do we ever see this kind of moment between any other two characters? What would even come close? John playing games with Ronon and Rodney? Plans to go fishing with Carson? Teyla and Ronon meditating? Beer on the pier? John and Ronon drinking beer? I'm still thinking hard...but none of those were as carefully planned out and done purposefully to make the other person feel better. And then later in TOR we see John and Elizabeth casually having lunch together like it's a common thing. All canon evidence that they had a personal connection outside work.

I guess one could argue there are other moments sprinkled throughout the show, but the thing about that one was that it was so early. I think it can be summed up like this:

He gave her this:

Spoiler:

.....because he really wanted to give her this:
                        Spoiler:

Sorry, yours was a very thoughtful post and I ruined it
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          I guess one could argue there are other moments sprinkled throughout the show, but the thing about that one was that it was so early. I think it can be summed up like this:

He gave her this:

You didn't ruin it. Nothing is ever ruined by a touch of humor.
                          sigpic

Comment

FYI, I just voted on the S2 Best Moments thread. You should check out what I put down for Elizabeth's best moment. Heh heh heh.
                            I voted back on season 1 and I have voted now though it’s really difficult to choose which scenes you like the most since they are all so good in all of them.

I so agree with this and yeah there were other moments between different characters sure but nothing like that one, and heck, he must have even known that maybe she would feel a bit down about it and went out of his way to cheer her up, it was just a really sweet thing for him and the scene makes me smile just thinking about it. I’m also with you on the others scenes are great but maybe not in the same way that the birthday gift one was (unless you count ordering beer for the Daedalus to bring counts). And you are also right about the lunch scene in TOR and the same thing goes with all the scenes in Elizabeth’s office (how he always sits casually on her desk or stands behind her the way he often does, and then there is the office scene in ‘The Return pt 1’ where he even have his feet up on her desk) all this tells me that he spends more time there than what we see him do. They do share a very special bond that much is obvious and can’t be denied by anyone and I do love the scene where that is especially shown, like in the end scene of ‘Rising’ when she sees that he is feeling terrible about what happened to Sumner and tries (and succeed to cheer him up), the same goes with the end scene in ‘Letter from Pegasus’ when she gives him the opportunity to get some closure by letting him send the message to Sumner’s family. It really makes season 4-5 extra sad since he did look like he had lost a big part of himself when she went missing and if you don’t want to go into Sparky then you can’t argue with the fact that he at least missed those quiet moments where he was just allowed to be John Sheppard and not Major/Lt Colonel Sheppard for a while.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

He gave her this:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hilarious, and it was better to just add some humor than the making it a sad topic like I just did.
                              sigpic

Comment

*pops in*

Well, it's monsooning in Florida so my plans got canceled for the afternoon. So I'm at home, doing laundry and watching the "Eureka" marathon on SyFy and making sigs and baking cookies.

*lurks*

Comment

Working...
                                X