Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    I perfer the trainwrecks of McKolya/Sheppard/Kolya fics I read.

Well maybe you are getting the feeling you know what a interview is, you know what goes down, and you know what you'll do next time you go and you be more confidant too
    True, but I don't think I'll ever have another interview like this one. It was me and about 10 other people and we had all applied for different jobs at the company. We got a brief overview of what the place would be like when it was built, then three people from hr had us do some ice breakers so they could gage whether we had the right personality for the jobs we wanted. That was a total curveball.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

The name Sparky was named that way on a whim with no thoughts behind it. See here.

For my upcoming con experience, I want to print out some pictures for the stars to sign. Any ideas on what those pictures should be?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Can't wait to read!! Regarding the JM blog... Are y'all talking about TLG discussion? His entire blog is just made of fail. And yes, I am probably too old to use that phrase.

To listen to him, the whole show was about McKay. Joe F didn't even exist unless he was ruining episodes. All of his arguments are crap, so I don't take offense to anything he says about ship either.
        I don't recall specifically what he was saying about JF whilst the show was airing, but I would imagine JM soured on JF pretty quickly when JF started saying he wasn't too happy about some of the changes, which might explain the lack of blog mentions. I swear some of the stuff JM said wasn't even what he truly believed, he was just saying stuff that he knew would wind people up (from both sides).

I had a weird moment awhile ago when I was reading a fic for another fandom. I enjoyed it, really liked the writing and the ship, and went to the author's main page. Then I found out they were a huge shipper of a pairing that I detest on Atlantis (not gonna say which... don't want to get in trouble!). My previous estimation went flying out the window.
        I read one a while back that was really well written - I've never seen a fic written in that fashion before and it worked superbly - aside from my having to skip the odd chapter due to.....an odd ship

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        TPTW, if you didn't want Sparky to be considered a relationship, you shouldn't have put John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir in so many shots together. *shrugs* Just saying.
        Or, written their 'together' scenes differently.

GIFs!!!
        *snurches*

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        I love cartoons! Cartoons are awesome! I'm watching one right now! It even has Christopher Judge in it.: )

Oh, maybe I should add something on topic?

You know, it's actually kind of odd in retrospect that somehow TPTB managed to react the way they did to
        Sparky, when you consider that it's multiple writers.

One of them being unfriendly, yet writing it well would be one thing but it seems they managed to do it in a group didn't they?

Although, I suppose I never really kept track of the individual episodes' writers.
        Maybe they just said they were against sparky because that was the company line? Who knows?

The name Sparky was named that way on a whim with no thoughts behind it. See here.

For my upcoming con experience, I want to print out some pictures for the stars to sign. Any ideas on what those pictures should be?
        As a present for Southern Red, I think you should get Joe to sign that pic of him in the leather pants - the one where you can see the outline of his.....phone
        sigpic

Comment

Can't wait to read!! Regarding the JM blog... Are y'all talking about TLG discussion? His entire blog is just made of fail. And yes, I am probably too old to use that phrase.

To listen to him, the whole show was about McKay. Joe F didn't even exist unless he was ruining episodes. All of his arguments are crap, so I don't take offense to anything he says about ship either.

I had a weird moment awhile ago when I was reading a fic for another fandom. I enjoyed it, really liked the writing and the ship, and went to the author's main page. Then I found out they were a huge shipper of a pairing that I detest on Atlantis (not gonna say which... don't want to get in trouble!). My previous estimation went flying out the window.

Aww, I'm so sorry you didn't make it to the next round.
          Yep, TLG and others and it's all about McKay and what a great actor DH is. I agree with that, but so is JF. You would think...anyway, we've been down that path and I'm still pissed off so I'll let it go for now.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          I love cartoons! Cartoons are awesome! I'm watching one right now! It even has Christopher Judge in it.: )

Oh, maybe I should add something on topic?

You know, it's actually kind of odd in retrospect that somehow TPTB managed to react the way they did to
          Sparky, when you consider that it's multiple writers.

One of them being unfriendly, yet writing it well would be one thing but it seems they managed to do it in a group didn't they?

Although, I suppose I never really kept track of the individual episodes' writers.
          Not only did they not keep track, but just because there's one name on an ep as the writer doesn't mean that person wrote all of it. I remember it being said on a commentary that, especially Brad, added to lots of eps and rewrote whole parts of Gero's stuff in the early days. So who knows who thought what and what input the studio and the network had. I know MGM is okay with at least one ship but I'm not sure about the others.

I used the one from Vegas of John, you know the one where he's aiming the gun and it's just GUH! and also one of the studio shots where he looks all soldierly. I did the same for David and RP, got a pic of Todd at the con for Chris and one for Michael. They have a pretty good selection, but they are flimsy.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          I don't recall specifically what he was saying about JF whilst the show was airing, but I would imagine JM soured on JF pretty quickly when JF started saying he wasn't too happy about some of the changes, which might explain the lack of blog mentions. I swear some of the stuff JM said wasn't even what he truly believed, he was just saying stuff that he knew would wind people up (from both sides).
          True, he does not like to be disagreed with and can hold a grudge forever.

I read one a while back that was really well written - I've never seen a fic written in that fashion before and it worked superbly - aside from my having to skip the odd chapter due to.....an odd ship
          There are a lot of good writers out there, not just in our shipdom.

Maybe they just said they were against sparky because that was the company line? Who knows?
          I think that's it or they just never considered it.

As a present for Southern Red, I think you should get Joe to sign that pic of him in the leather pants - the one where you can see the outline of his.....phone
          Now that would be delicious, but I have my autograph and my pic with him. There's a good chance that the pic you have made with them will be out in time for you to get that one autographed also. That's what I did with the Joe one and the David half of the Joe/David one. Unfortunately, it was too late for the Joe half. *cries*
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello everyone! A few hours to go until the post-a-thon.

TPTW, if you didn't want Sparky to be considered a relationship, you shouldn't have put John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir in so many shots together. *shrugs* Just saying.
            Actually, with the two of them you really shouldn’t have put them in any scenes together because damn, they just light up the screen when they are just in the same room, and even in the scenes where there is other people in it as well (heck, maybe even someone else is supposed to be in focus) your eyes were still drawn to John and Elizabeth no matter how much you tried, so really, TPTB did in a way fight a losing battle if they thought that no one would notice and when they didn’t think that they were a good ship.

(Thanks for posting those pics and those gifs, and they kinda helped prove my point *lol*)

Hard to tell, there are so many good once, just don’t take the season 4 promo once though, I still don’t got the idea behind those.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Sparkies! Hopefuly I can make it to the post-a-thon tonight! I took my little sister to the zoo, I saw some lemmings and laughed my head of! Now my sister thinks I'm crazy. And it's all this forums fault!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! So, did you miss me? I missed you!

Saturday at Comic-Con was a bust of epic proportions. Stood in line all day (and even with sunblock I still managed to get a little sunburned) to get into Hall H for the Iron Man 3 panel, and the fire marshal closed the room with about 40 people still in line ahead of me (and hundreds behind me). Over eight hours. 40 people. So close, yet so far. *cries* And based on the insane tweets coming out of the panel, it was a wild show. *cries some more* So yeah. Saturday was not so good.

Friday was much better; got to meet Kris and we had a blast at the Tron: Uprising panel with Bruce Boxleitner and Elijah Wood. I missed Firefly (line too long) and Falling Skies (same), but got to run amok in the exhibit hall looking at all the cool stuff and taking a few pics... whenever I take my camera, I always seem to forget that I've got it, LOL.

Anyway, I see you've all been busy... So before I go in search of breakfast, let me begin the countdown: T-minus 5 hours and 45 minutes to the Trinity post-a-thon!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Saturday at Comic-Con was a bust of epic proportions. Stood in line all day (and even with sunblock I still managed to get a little sunburned) to get into Hall H for the Iron Man 3 panel, and the fire marshal closed the room with about 40 people still in line ahead of me (and hundreds behind me). Over eight hours. 40 people. So close, yet so far. *cries* And based on the insane tweets coming out of the panel, it was a wild show. *cries some more* So yeah. Saturday was not so good.

Friday was much better; got to meet Kris and we had a blast at the Tron: Uprising panel with Bruce Boxleitner and Elijah Wood. I missed Firefly (line too long) and Falling Skies (same), but got to run amok in the exhibit hall looking at all the cool stuff and taking a few pics... whenever I take my camera, I always seem to forget that I've got it, LOL.

Anyway, I see you've all been busy... So before I go in search of breakfast, let me begin the countdown: T-minus 5 hours and 45 minutes to the Trinity post-a-thon!
                  I’m glad to hear that you are having fun even if you miss a few things you wanted to see.
                  Everything I’ve heard from Comic Con this year have sounded amazing and I’m still hold out hope that someday I will be able to go as well but until then I’m happy that internet helps even those who are not there to keep up.
                  sigpic

Comment

We're on the same page today. I'd like to have some with me in case I don't like what's in the dealer room. Oh, and I bought my train ticket! Can't believe it's almost con time!

THIS. So much. It's like his hobby or something.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I used the one from Vegas of John, you know the one where he's aiming the gun and it's just GUH! and also one of the studio shots where he looks all soldierly. I did the same for David and RP, got a pic of Todd at the con for Chris and one for Michael. They have a pretty good selection, but they are flimsy.

Nw that would be delicious, but I have my autograph and my pic with him. There's a good chance that the pic you have made with them will be out in time for you to get that one autographed also. That's what I did with the Joe one and the David half of the Joe/David one. Unfortunately, it was too late for the Joe half. *cries*
                    Did you say that they will autograph more than one thing even if you don't buy extra autograph tickets?

*Hugs SK* Sorry you didn't get into that panel.
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Welcome back. It sounded like a good con from all the geekasms on Twitter. The crowds would be more than I care to handle I think.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                      We're on the same page today. I'd like to have some with me in case I don't like what's in the dealer room. Oh, and I bought my train ticket! Can't believe it's almost con time!

Did you say that they will autograph more than one thing even if you don't buy extra autograph tickets?

No, you have to have a separate ticket for every signature. If you have a gold ticket, that's good for one signature and it's easy to buy more tickets though, and the more you have signed, the longer you get to talk to them. I had several for Joe, so that's how I managed the little conversation I had with him about the Washington Post. My heart is still fluttering just thinking about it.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello thread! reporting to say that I am still alive. You know those times when yous tart fixing minor stuff around your place and end up needing to paint all the walls? I HATE THAT. I'll be covered in wall paint, starting tomorrow - I am writing, but I'll be busy and probably won't be around for a few more days. Thinking of you all! <3!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Hello thread! reporting to say that I am still alive. You know those times when yous tart fixing minor stuff around your place and end up needing to paint all the walls? I HATE THAT. I'll be covered in wall paint, starting tomorrow - I am writing, but I'll be busy and probably won't be around for a few more days. Thinking of you all! <3!
                          Ooh I do not envy you. Good luck!

Comment

S-minus 1 hour and 15 minutes to Trinity!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            I’m glad to hear that you are having fun even if you miss a few things you wanted to see.
                            Everything I’ve heard from Comic Con this year have sounded amazing and I’m still hold out hope that someday I will be able to go as well but until then I’m happy that internet helps even those who are not there to keep up.
                            Thanks. *hugs* Comic-Con is a lot of fun; everyone should try to go at least once.

Squeeee! I'm so excited for you and JT-2! You're gonna have a blast!

LOL!

*hugs back* Thanks, sweetie. I'm living vicariously through tweets and a few bits of footage that have started surfacing on YouTube. The vid of Robert Downey Jr.'s entrance is sure to become an instant classic.

Welcome back. It sounded like a good con from all the geekasms on Twitter. The crowds would be more than I care to handle I think.
                            The crowds are definitely intense. I can only handle so much of the exhibit hall at once anymore because of all the congestion around certain booths.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Ahhh, wall painting. Can you just imagine a fun little fic where John and Elizabeth are painting, but then they end up with more paint on themselves than on the walls? Heheheh....
                            Last edited by Scary Kitty; 15 July 2012, 11:21 AM.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gotta get my replies in before the post-a-thon pushes these pages waaaay back.

You're awful!

Not only did they not keep track, but just because there's one name on an ep as the writer doesn't mean that person wrote all of it. I remember it being said on a commentary that, especially Brad, added to lots of eps and rewrote whole parts of Gero's stuff in the early days. So who knows who thought what and what input the studio and the network had. I know MGM is okay with at least one ship but I'm not sure about the others.
                              Well, you can see the kind of episodes Gero wrote once Brad was no longer in the picture (Trio, Brainstorm). So I think Brad rewrote a huge chunk of Gero's stuff.

Now that would be delicious, but I have my autograph and my pic with him. There's a good chance that the pic you have made with them will be out in time for you to get that one autographed also. That's what I did with the Joe one and the David half of the Joe/David one. Unfortunately, it was too late for the Joe half. *cries*
                              Oh, if only Joe and Torri were going to be on the same day!!!!!! *weeps* I'd love to have them both in a picture and then have them sign it. OMG.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                              Hard to tell, there are so many good once, just don’t take the season 4 promo once though, I still don’t got the idea behind those.
                              Season 4? What is this season of which you speak? You mean Atlantis went beyond season 3? No, I don't think so.

*except Vegas

SQUEE!! I was just chatting on the whump thread and SGAFan and Vecturist will be there too.

No, you have to have a separate ticket for every signature. If you have a gold ticket, that's good for one signature and it's easy to buy more tickets though, and the more you have signed, the longer you get to talk to them. I had several for Joe, so that's how I managed the little conversation I had with him about the Washington Post. My heart is still fluttering just thinking about it.
                              I'm getting 2 autographs. One for me and one for scifan (that reminds me, I gotta ask her what picture she wants signed). I can't imagine I'll have a conversation with him though. I'll be too freaked out.

Comment

Just thinking. Since they never went to Atlantis in Vegas, does that mean that Elizabeth's alive? And if so did John and Liz meat, fall in love and be together? Could be...
                                Last edited by ShWeir; 15 July 2012, 11:59 AM. Reason: I'm a dope

Comment

Working...
                                X