Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
    I have no idea what ya'll are talking about!
    I thought it was just me.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    I never thought of Irresistible that way, Raelis. You are totally right, what Lucius used could be considered a kind of date rape drug. I actually spent both of Lucius' appreances wishing Ronon would slice and dice him very slowly.

On a different note, is it odd that while I didn't advance to the next round of interviews today I actually had an enjoyable time?
    Awww, sorry you didn't advance, but at least you had a good time. Now for the next interview you will be more relaxed.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      It sure looks that way, doesn't it, especially since they used that scene to advertise the episode. They were obviously teasing the shippers again.

As for Carl Binder, I love his episodes but have never been completely sure that he's any more friendly to Sparky than the others. He also seemed friendly to Spanky, just look at Echoes, but then some of the best Sparky and Spanky scenes are Gero's work. I don't think they were concentrating all that much on ship unless they were writing an anvil of the humongous sort. These guys are never subtle. If they had meant to show ship, they would have done it so you couldn't miss it. JF said they never talked to him about the direction for Sheyla. Now that surprised me and made me realize they weren't much interested in ship. That's why Sparky happened. They could actually have the man sit on the corner of her desk and not think about the implications. And they could also go for most of a season without any scenes with John and Teyla away from work and/or talking only to each other about anything other than who, at that particular moment, was trying to kill them and still think all of the viewers would see that they had a romantic interest in each other. Please.
      All good points. I also wonder if the massive time difference between writing the episodes and them actually getting filmed affected things. If a writer wrote something that was unintentionally pro-ship, it probably took six months before they even noticed, longer if they didn't look at the finished product. But, the thing that tells me that they were aware of the mixed messages they had sent out (intentionally or unintentionally) is the "defending your honour" scene at the start of s3, written by M & M.

I never thought of Irresistible that way, Raelis. You are totally right, what Lucius used could be considered a kind of date rape drug. I actually spent both of Lucius' appreances wishing Ronon would slice and dice him very slowly.

On a different note, is it odd that while I didn't advance to the next round of interviews today I actually had an enjoyable time?
      That's a shame Hopefully the next one goes better

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      Cartoons we are totally big kids.

Actually read fics where he raped people on Atlantis -shudders- not pleasent reads.

Aww sorry you didn't get the job but at least you had fun!
      *shudders*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        Ah, okay. That should be interesting. I'll take my other comments to LJ tonight.
        Can't wait to read!! Regarding the JM blog... Are y'all talking about TLG discussion? His entire blog is just made of fail. And yes, I am probably too old to use that phrase.

To listen to him, the whole show was about McKay. Joe F didn't even exist unless he was ruining episodes. All of his arguments are crap, so I don't take offense to anything he says about ship either.

I had a weird moment awhile ago when I was reading a fic for another fandom. I enjoyed it, really liked the writing and the ship, and went to the author's main page. Then I found out they were a huge shipper of a pairing that I detest on Atlantis (not gonna say which... don't want to get in trouble!). My previous estimation went flying out the window.

Aww, I'm so sorry you didn't make it to the next round.

Comment

*drops in*

Hey, sorry I've been MIA for a bit. RL has been kicking me from one side of the room to the other. Apparently, there are some Maid of Honor responsibilities that I accidentally shirked regarding RSVPs. Seriously, for only being 23, I forget way too much.

And no, JT, you can use "made of fail". Somedays, it's not used enough.

Slowly been working on the AU HS fic. When I have a little more coherently formed, then I will post some more.

But until then, I'm just gonna pic!spam the thread.

Comment

Spoilered for size and excessive Sparkyness.

Spoiler:

Comment

TPTW, if you didn't want Sparky to be considered a relationship, you shouldn't have put John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir in so many shots together. *shrugs* Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                TPTW, if you didn't want Sparky to be considered a relationship, you shouldn't have put John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir in so many shots together. *shrugs* Just saying.
                Said the same thing and not make so many latent sparky attraction -nods head-
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

I have a question, maybe a dumb one but I gotta ask it anyway. How did the forum come up with the name sparky anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    I have a question, maybe a dumb one but I gotta ask it anyway. How did the forum come up with the name sparky anyway?
                    Well, according to UrbanDictionary.com (entry number 4), it's because of the "sparks" that always seemed to fly between John and Elizabeth when they're onscreen. As for when the shipper fandom invented the nickname, I have no idea.

I'll GIF!spam in a moment to prove my point.

Comment

GIFs!!!

Spoiler:

(sparks of a different kind LOL)

Comment

Actually read fics where he raped people on Atlantis -shudders- not pleasent reads.

Aww sorry you didn't get the job but at least you had fun!
                        I do not even want to know!!! *Closes eyes, sticks fingers in ears and sings loudly and off key on purpose*

Thanks, TLM. It's weird, but I feel I came away from the interview better for having gone. How or what that means, I haven't figured out yet. *Scratches head*
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Awww, sorry you didn't advance, but at least you had a good time. Now for the next interview you will be more relaxed.
                          That is exactly what I've been thinking all day!!! Now I just have to find some more places to apply to!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            *drops in*

Hey, sorry I've been MIA for a bit. RL has been kicking me from one side of the room to the other. Apparently, there are some Maid of Honor responsibilities that I accidentally shirked regarding RSVPs. Seriously, for only being 23, I forget way too much.

And no, JT, you can use "made of fail". Somedays, it's not used enough.

Slowly been working on the AU HS fic. When I have a little more coherently formed, then I will post some more.

But until then, I'm just gonna pic!spam the thread.
                            I get youngtimers every once in awhile too, SW. It's nothing to worry about.

Thanks, gateraid and JT-2. Part of me thinks things went like it did for a reason. The sooner I figure it out the better.

Comment

Cartoons we are totally big kids.
                              I love cartoons! Cartoons are awesome! I'm watching one right now! It even has Christopher Judge in it.: )

Oh, maybe I should add something on topic?

You know, it's actually kind of odd in retrospect that somehow TPTB managed to react the way they did to
                              Sparky, when you consider that it's multiple writers.

One of them being unfriendly, yet writing it well would be one thing but it seems they managed to do it in a group didn't they?

Although, I suppose I never really kept track of the individual episodes' writers.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I do not even want to know!!! *Closes eyes, sticks fingers in ears and sings loudly and off key on purpose*

Thanks, TLM. It's weird, but I feel I came away from the interview better for having gone. How or what that means, I haven't figured out yet. *Scratches head*
                                I perfer the trainwrecks of McKolya/Sheppard/Kolya fics I read.

Well maybe you are getting the feeling you know what a interview is, you know what goes down, and you know what you'll do next time you go and you be more confidant too
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X