No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Good morning Sparkies!
    Awww, SQUEEE!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    It looks like Sparky had a good night.
    I'd say so!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.
    You and me both. This is why I choose to stay away from his blog as much as possible these days; too stressful.

Notice that he goes into detail on how he never watched the finished product until he watched it for his recap. I think all that time has made him forget a few things. Plus, you have to know that JM likes to mess with the fans. In the old days he would say something totally ridiculous and controversial just to rile us up, particularly about shipping. And also he's just one voice among many. Thank heavens that he was overruled a number of times.

And yes, you won't hear him talk about what a good acting job JF did. It will be interesting to see how he deals with Common Ground and Phantoms. Be ready to get angry again. The only thing JM has accomplished is to make all shippers hate him.
    Amen to that.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      Hello everyone!

I was reading through Joseph Mallozzi's blog (though no comments yet just what he said and a few thing I must admit made me both laugh and roll my eyes:

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.

I’m with the others on this; I always felt that they spent so much time in the beginning to separate the two shows that when they started to bring the two together more it got a bit weird. I also gotta say "Critical Mess" was priceless.

She’s awesome but she was put in a tight spot, it was also obvious by the conversation that she had with John afterwards that she felt guilty and terrible about it so I’d say she’s forgiven.

I put most of what he said about 'The Long Goodbye' here:

Again it’s like we were watching two different shows, I always thought it was obvious why he agreed to let Thalan possess him, it was for the simple reason that he thought that it was Elizabeth that asked him. Nothing about the kiss between them nor about the end scene and the fact that unlike in say 'Conversion' we at least didn't have John say that he wasn't going to think about it again. I defiantly did agree with that last part though.
      There are a few more things in this about THAT line, you know which one I means, but since he refused to acknowledge the hole plot in ‘Conversion’ I’m going to ignore this one, I must say though that I’m a bit curies to see about what he will say about 'TRW'

I also noticed that he said a similar thing about ‘Epiphany’ as he said about ‘Sanctuary’, I guess it was because it was a John episode and maybe even a bit because Joe himself had something to so with it.
      He also brought up the gateworld fan awards but didn’t say much about our choices, especially when it was shown that our top 3 season 1 episodes were ‘The Eye’, ‘Before I Sleep’ and ‘The Seige pt 2’, they were my favorite episodes anyway.

Oh well, it is pretty amazing how much the oppinions grwos appart depending on what you wanted to see, though I don't think anyone is wrong but it's weird how many saw something yet accordning the PTB did not, even now so long afterwards.
      Huh. I agree with everything he said *looks around for lightning*
      sigpic

Comment

Plus, you have to know that JM likes to mess with the fans. In the old days he would say something totally ridiculous and controversial just to rile us up, particularly about shipping.
        Especially during those times his blog was getting little to no new hits.

The only thing JM has accomplished is to make all shippers hate him.
        Not just the shippers.

I just caught a bit of Echoes on TV - mmmm.... Kate....
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*runs in*

THIS FIC IS GOING TO COST ME MY MENTAL HEALTH!!! *flails in circles*

*starts bashing head against the wall*

*collapses*

*crawls out and towards the writer's room*
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            *runs in*

*collapses*

*sends a soothing drink* You can do it. You can do it.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*sends a soothing drink* You can do it. You can do it.
              I haaaveeee toooooooooo! *warrior scream* This will either be best fic I've ever written, or the worst!

Comment

I haaaveeee toooooooooo! *warrior scream* This will either be best fic I've ever written, or the worst!
                If you're talking about BOD and I hope you are, I'd go for best. No pressure.
                sigpic

Comment

That's what we're talking about! The sh*t has hit the fan and everyone is freaking out, myself included. But they're all being pretty awesome in handling this situation, or rather, they are about to be very awesome. Oh and poor Teyla!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Especially during those times his blog was getting little to no new hits.
                    *snickers* That was the best.

*runs in*

*collapses*

Hang in there, babe! You can do it! *sends chocolate and energy drinks*

Seconding SR. It's gonna KICK ASS!

That's what we're talking about! The sh*t has hit the fan and everyone is freaking out, myself included. But they're all being pretty awesome in handling this situation, or rather, they are about to be very awesome. Oh and poor Teyla!
                    WICKED! *bounces up and down in gleeful anticipation*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Are you guys ready for another part of the fic? it's very dialogue heavy, which was difficult for me; and I could use feedback before proceeding further? I have *counts* five new scenes I think, and one of them is pretty big.

Comment

Are you guys ready for another part of the fic? it's very dialogue heavy, which was difficult for me; and I could use feedback before proceeding further? I have *counts* five new scenes I think, and one of them is pretty big.
                        Ready and waiting. Bring it on.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ready and waiting. Bring it on.
                          Check your e mails in half an hour or so. I think it's gonna be six - ish scenes. ready for the fun parts?

Comment

I forgot what I was going to say...

*ponders*
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              *nods* Good. *throws carrots back at mandogater's fic bunnies*
                              *Fic bunnies tear into carrots with wreckless abandon* I could use all the help I can get. I know exactly what I want to do with the metal bikini reference. I'm just not sure how to get to it. *Goes back to staring at monitor*
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Ladies and gentleman, I am about to send you a new part ending with an evil cliffhanger. Ready? *G*

Comment

Working...
                                X