Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I keep saying it: Everyone falls in love with Elizabeth Weir.
    Yeah... Mostly a certain John Sheppard *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      For a Sparky wedding I always saw three options.
      1.) A small Athosian ceremony in their village.
      2.) Something on one of the Atlantis piers either at sunset or sunrise.
      3.) Something in front of the gate again at sunset or sunrise.
      Those are great and I can imagine them happening.

I can also see them after the wedding party sneaking away for some private time up on their balcony and maybe do what they did in ‘Star Trek: Voyager’ when Tom and B'elanna got married and have them drive away in a puddle jumper with ‘Just Married’ written on the side or something. I can also imagine that a lot of it would depend on how much planning they would have time for, and what would be happening around it, I can imagine that had it been on the show that of course something would go wrong if they planned this big thing so in the end of the episode when everything settled down they chose to have smaller ceremony, maybe having two of those you said say first they were planning a bigger ceremony in the Athosian village (they probably wanted it small but with the amount of people they have gotten to know over the years and everyone wanting to come it might get bigger than hey planned) but then after something going wrong they wound up having a small ceremony on Atlantis maybe on on of the piers or in front of the gate. Well, either way it would defiantly have been something beautiful, private (and possibly pretty small, at least the ceremony they might throw a bigger party) and very romantic, something that fits the two of them.
      sigpic

Comment

Yupp, they may not explore it on the show but it’s obvious the way all the guys (and some of the women) just fall over themselves trying to please her and make sure that they stay on her good side (and not just because they all know what happens to them if they don’t *cough*Kavanagh*cough*) but because they know that she will always have their back if they have her back in return, and it’s also obvious that they don’t mind it for a second and that they are actually enjoying being in her presence.
        Sad part about all this though is that after what happens later it makes all the characters feel very OOC by having them act like they suddenly don’t care about her anymore. The writers could at least have had some kind of montage at the end of ‘Lifeline’ that showed all of them hurting over what happened; it would have been a nice touch.

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
        Yeah... Mostly a certain John Sheppard *cough*
        Of course, It’s like in TOR when Sheppard said: “Elizabeth made me” and one can just say “Oh please John, you wouldn’t hesitate for a second to jump through a burning ring of fire (I know, it’s Johnny Cash so it seem to fit) if Elizabeth asked you too”.
        sigpic

Comment

I won't be around tonight - I had my housewarming dinner last night and the one friend who stayed over kept me up until the wee hours of the morning.

Also won't be around for the next two sundays cause I'm going to the Isles of Skye (Scotland) for a week, leaving saturday and back on sunday.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I won't be around tonight - I had my housewarming dinner last night and the one friend who stayed over kept me up until the wee hours of the morning.

Also won't be around for the next two sundays cause I'm going to the Isles of Skye (Scotland) for a week, leaving saturday and back on sunday.
            It’s sad that you won’t be around but I hope that you’re having a great time with your friend and an amazing trip to the Isles of Skye.
            sigpic

Comment

I found somewhat in a way I guess could be called background-Sparky though maybe not but it’s just a few of those moments when they are not in focus but still act like they are, there are many more of those over the course of the seasons but here are three.

Spoiler:

The first one may not be as much in the background, I just really love the shot and the way he won’t take his eyes of her until he knows that she is alright.

sigpic

Comment

The middle one fer sure!
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

*creeps in*

*creeps out*
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      The sparkies themselves is what drew me in...
                      Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                      Well yeah... The sparkies are like one big HUGE massive bonus...
                      And it's the Sparkies who keep me here after all this time.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      Yupp, they may not explore it on the show but it’s obvious the way all the guys (and some of the women) just fall over themselves trying to please her and make sure that they stay on her good side (and not just because they all know what happens to them if they don’t *cough*Kavanagh*cough*) but because they know that she will always have their back if they have her back in return, and it’s also obvious that they don’t mind it for a second and that they are actually enjoying being in her presence.
                      Sad part about all this though is that after what happens later it makes all the characters feel very OOC by having them act like they suddenly don’t care about her anymore. The writers could at least have had some kind of montage at the end of ‘Lifeline’ that showed all of them hurting over what happened; it would have been a nice touch.

Of course, It’s like in TOR when Sheppard said: “Elizabeth made me” and one can just say “Oh please John, you wouldn’t hesitate for a second to jump through a burning ring of fire (I know, it’s Johnny Cash so it seem to fit) if Elizabeth asked you too”.
                      You're not the only one who thought it was OOC for them to just forget her. JF said he actually went to TPTB and said just that. They said something like "oh yeah, I guess we could add some emotion." or something stupid like that, so they put in a few bits about her to make him shut up. The more I learn about their thinking processes or lack thereof, the more unbelievable it all becomes.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/Valenship/Shippy%20Gifs/eyesex.gif
                      I have snurched so many of those they need their own folder. Just adorable.
                      Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                      Gorgeous sig, love it. And hello to another Falling Skies fan.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
                        Thanks for the welcome.I am new here. Everyone has been very kind. I do make my own sparky vids and just finished one to The Fray song Look After You.

I just have to share the love! ShipperWriter, I would love to see a sparky vid to safe and sound!

drewandian - Have you seen the sparky vid on youtube to the song Never Alone by Barlow Girl? It's one of my favs.
                        Welcome! Great vid! I have not seen the Never Alone vid...I'll have to go look it up (unless you have a link?). I wrote a sparky fan fic based on the song tho
                        Spoiler:
                        http://evil-bad-evil.livejournal.com/3299.html that's my fan fic LJ - lots of sparky stuff there...and a buncha other stuff too, in case you're interested (and i'm done shamelessly self reccing lol

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        As Jar Jar Binks would say, "Okie day." Life is interesting, as usual. My sister's starting to wig out about her wedding next month, so that makes the home life fun. *sarcasm*

ROFL! A while back, somebody posted this picture:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...omckay0274.jpg

(or one very similar to it) and made the comment it looked like he was seranading Elizabeth. "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" was one of the suggestions, along with "Macho Man". *shudders*

I actually made a video to "Things I'll Never Say". I'm tempted to redo it, because I only had a very small collection of clips when I made it. But I'm self reccing, nonetheless.

And I finally figured out how to use GIMP!!!

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...ndhersig-1.jpg
                        I never understood why people stressed out so much about their weddings....it's supposed to be fun!

I've seen that cap with the Can't Fight This Feeling joke...lol (I did end up writing a fic based on that song...)

great vid and sig! I need to get back into the swing of things on GIMP...I'm having a bit of a fight with it right now

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours and 25 minutes to Condemned!

Hey there! I *should* be here for the post-a-thon....not sure what's going on today tho.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        pretty!
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

Here it is
                          Spoiler:

Not mine so I can't take credit but it is a great vid and a great song.

And do you mind if I ask what a post-a-thon is? (Newb question )
                          My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
                          When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

The post-a-thon is in 2 hours and 23 minutes (for me it’s 10.30pm) and in GW time it’s around 12.30pm and we’re following the seasons so today we’re watching "Condemned". If you're here than you should definitely join us, it's a lot of fun.
                            sigpic

Comment

CB thanks for the link! i've seen a lot of starg8rocks' vids and they're all really good...this one was no exception!
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                And it's the Sparkies who keep me here after all this time.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                And hello to another Falling Skies fan.
                                Make that three!

A snark-tastic rewatching of 5 seasons of Atlantis through the eyes of the Sparkies, with a few extra people mixed in for good fun and occasionally a Lemming to spice up the conversation. Hilarious comments, squees, thunking and thudding are not uncommon during these times. Virtual shouting and head!desking/face!palming are also not entirely out of the question.

Basically, a bunch of good friends rewatching the episodes in order and commenting while watching.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                The post-a-thon is in 2 hours and 23 minutes (for me it’s 10.30pm) and in GW time it’s around 12.30pm and we’re following the seasons so today we’re watching "Condemned". If you're here than you should definitely join us, it's a lot of fun.
                                I saw this episode just this week on the local Syfy channel. And this morning I caught a bit of Phantoms.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X