Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happy sweltering saturday sparkies!

I have a sparky play list too...and a coupla sparky song!fics thanks to said playlist lol
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Oh wow, I hadn't heard Safe and Sound. I love it! It's so perfect for our Sparky pair and for Katniss and Peeta too!
      My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
      When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

Hi everyone and hope you’re all having enjoying your weekend so far.

Those are some great song choices everyone, there are so many great Sparky songs out there, here are a few songs on my playlist:

- Stephen Speaks - Out of my League (because it’s a fun song and I can imagine it running through John’s head whenever he was in the presence of Elizabeth).
        - Simple Plan – I Can Wait Forever (again from John’s POV, it’s hard to explain but if you listen to it you’ll get it).
        -The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – Your Guardian Angel (John’s POV)

I realized that all three are from John’s POV, I dunno why that felt easier, maybe it’s just the songs and the fact that they are sung by guys, who knows.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Oh, I know, right? The first time I ever heard Safe and Sound, I immediately thought Sparky. *high-fives*
          Me2! The moment I heard "I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'd never let you go.." first thing that pops into my mind is TRW when John runs into the quarentine tent and touches Elizabeth.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post

I have a sparky play list too...and a coupla sparky song!fics thanks to said playlist lol
          Maybe our next project we should make a massive Sparky Playlist.

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
          Oh wow, I hadn't heard Safe and Sound. I love it! It's so perfect for our Sparky pair and for Katniss and Peeta too!
          I am not a Taylor Swift Fan, I like rock from Green Day to My Chemical Romance and from Pink Floyd to The Who but I love that song its very beautiful and calming. And of course it fits for Everlark and Sparky....Everlark is Sparky when they get reincarnated...or something.
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            The Hunger Games is my favorite and I do have a fic in the works which Sparky is the uhhh lets say Everllark (cause the other name is ot family friendly) archtype.

And thank you I always thought: "Just when the Caterpillar..." quote was totally about Sheppard because seriously we all know he bloomed in Atlantis (thanks to a lovely woman who liked to wear red)

And yours is pretty wicked too =D
            Thanks!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

*hugs SW and sends her a virtual margarita*

*bows to gateraid* Well said, sir. Well said.

As for me, the rest of the day is mine to do with as I please, but what to choose? Oh, decisions, decisions.

Amen to that!

Oh, I know, right? The first time I ever heard Safe and Sound, I immediately thought Sparky. *high-fives*
            *eagerly grabs margarita and slurps* Aww, that hit the spot, thanks, SK!

And I love "Safe and Sound", and thought the same thing . It's on my list of songs to make Sparky!vids with. I'm thinking of doing the entire video in black and white. *vid bunnies jump up and down*

Hey Drew! *glomps*

That it is! Can't remember if I've seen you before, but if not, welcome to the Sparky thread!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            Hi everyone and hope you’re all having enjoying your weekend so far.

Those are some great song choices everyone, there are so many great Sparky songs out there, here are a few songs on my playlist:

- Stephen Speaks - Out of my League (because it’s a fun song and I can imagine it running through John’s head whenever he was in the presence of Elizabeth).
            - Simple Plan – I Can Wait Forever (again from John’s POV, it’s hard to explain but if you listen to it you’ll get it).
            -The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – Your Guardian Angel (John’s POV)

I realized that all three are from John’s POV, I dunno why that felt easier, maybe it’s just the songs and the fact that they are sung by guys, who knows.

I'll have to listen to those when I have time. I think Mom and I are going out for dinner, and then I'm racing home to catch "Return of the Jedi" on Spike tonight. My Star Wars obsession has returned, as evidenced by my avi for the weekend.

Comment

Han/Leia also = Sparky XD
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Han/Leia also = Sparky XD
                Haha, it's funny you mention that. Someone did a video for Han/Leia to Sparks Fly. It's awesome!

Just in case anybody wants to see it:
                Spoiler:

And back on topic:

Comment

Also, if anyone's interested, I found the site for the company that Photobucket uses to make collages and stuff, so here's the link if anybody wants to use it. You pull the photos from your computer, and then it saves the finished product to your computer.

http://pixlr.com/express/

I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Hey Drew! *glomps*
                    Hi! *glomps back* how's it going!?

Maybe our next project we should make a massive Sparky Playlist.

that could be fun...mine ranges from fun and silly to super-angsty
                    for example, my list includes:
                    Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon
                    Thing I'll Never Say by Avril Lavigne
                    Never Alone by Barlow Girl
                    Whisper by Evanescence

(I also have very eclectic taste in music....)
                    Last edited by drewandian; 07 July 2012, 02:11 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

Also, if anyone's interested, I found the site for the company that Photobucket uses to make collages and stuff, so here's the link if anybody wants to use it. You pull the photos from your computer, and then it saves the finished product to your computer.

http://pixlr.com/express/

I love it!

Thanks for the link, and I'm also a huge Star Wars fan, it was a while ago since I visisted the fandom (I did a lot of fanart and wrote quite a few fics for it with my terrible English but it was actually through the SW fandom that my English did improve a lot so that's another reason why I'm so grateful to it) but everytime I see something SW related my love for it comes back.
                      sigpic

Comment

That it is! Can't remember if I've seen you before, but if not, welcome to the Sparky thread!
                        Thanks for the welcome.I am new here. Everyone has been very kind. I do make my own sparky vids and just finished one to The Fray song Look After You.

Spoiler:

I just have to share the love! ShipperWriter, I would love to see a sparky vid to safe and sound!

drewandian - Have you seen the sparky vid on youtube to the song Never Alone by Barlow Girl? It's one of my favs.
                        My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
                        When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.I am new here. Everyone has been very kind. I do make my own sparky vids and just finished one to The Fray song Look After You.

Spoiler:

I just have to share the love! ShipperWriter, I would love to see a sparky vid to safe and sound!

drewandian - Have you seen the sparky vid on youtube to the song Never Alone by Barlow Girl? It's one of my favs.
                          Welcome to GW and the Sparky thread CherryBlossom, and I have to say that I just loved your video, it was amazing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi! *glomps back* how's it going!?
                            As Jar Jar Binks would say, "Okie day." Life is interesting, as usual. My sister's starting to wig out about her wedding next month, so that makes the home life fun. *sarcasm*

that could be fun...mine ranges from fun and silly to super-angsty
                            for example, my list includes:
                            Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon
                            Thing I'll Never Say by Avril Lavigne
                            Never Alone by Barlow Girl
                            Whisper by Evanescence

(I also have very eclectic taste in music....)
                            ROFL! A while back, somebody posted this picture:

(or one very similar to it) and made the comment it looked like he was seranading Elizabeth. "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" was one of the suggestions, along with "Macho Man". *shudders*

I actually made a video to "Things I'll Never Say". I'm tempted to redo it, because I only had a very small collection of clips when I made it. But I'm self reccing, nonetheless.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            Thanks for the link, and I'm also a huge Star Wars fan, it was a while ago since I visisted the fandom (I did a lot of fanart and wrote quite a few fics for it with my terrible English but it was actually through the SW fandom that my English did improve a lot so that's another reason why I'm so grateful to it) but everytime I see something SW related my love for it comes back.
                            I think a SW fic was one of the first stories I ever tried writing, based on Han and Leia's kids. But nothing ever came of it. Who knows? Maybe I'll try it again sometime ...

Cool! I'll check it out during the next commercial break. Watching RotJ at the moment.

Comment

And I finally figured out how to use GIMP!!!

Comment

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you joined us and thanks for that terrific vid. I must say I've been following all the song lists today, and I don't think I've ever heard of any of them. Yes, I do only listen to country. Why do you ask? I will admit that I have added a ton of pop songs to my iTunes library just because they are Sparky, and almost everything on there reminds me of them in some way.

SW, that was a perfect choice of songs for your great Sparky vid also. We are having a sudden rash of productivity around here and I love it. Keep it up, everybody.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X