Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Speaking of weather, some wild thunderstorms knocked out power in several areas of the eastern US, including around the Washington DC area overnight, and more are expected today. SR (and any of our other Sparky peeps who might have been affected), I hope you're okay and you'll be back online soon!

Congrats on the new post count!

First reaction to The Siege, Pt. 2's cliffhanger: OMFGWTFBBQ!

It was awesome. It was ever bit as thrilling as a season-ending cliffhanger should be, and I couldn't wait to see how they were going to wrap it up in Season 2. I think the level of Sparkiness in it was fine, just enough to whet my appetite without going overboard.
    I'm fine.We lost power for about 5 minutes, just long enough to have to reset all the clocks. It looks like somebody up there was a bit pissed off at us last night. Hmmmm. Scary storm.

Mr SR is rebuilding my computer today so I am having to make do with the iPad.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I'm fine.We lost power for about 5 minutes, just long enough to have to reset all the clocks. It looks like somebody up there was a bit pissed off at us last night. Hmmmm. Scary storm.

Mr SR is rebuilding my computer today so I am having to make do with the iPad.
      *glomps you* Glad to hear everything's okay! Hmm, somebody up there must've been pissed off at someone down here... One wonders who that might be...

And yay, iPad! Those things are just so darn useful.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everyone and hope everyone is having a good Saturday even if the weather doesn’t seem to be the best everywhere.

I just made a huge error and watched ‘Doppelganger’ again and I don’t know what I was thinking (I just wanted to see the scene where good John fighting evil John) because every other scene just made me so angry, I didn’t think about it before but gosh, it was ridiculous…*sigh*, now I need to find a way to calm down. The only “good” thing really was the fight between good John and evil John, and I have to say that it was a bit interesting that it went down in the same spot where Elizabeth got hurt in ‘First Strike’, I guess we know what his nightmares are about, and also that it was where Rodney pointed out that he was surprised that there weren’t any hot chicks around.
        sigpic

Comment

Dear betas, I sent you the grammar - corrected version of BoD. With that done, I have an issue to fix at home, then back to writing. *hugs*
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*drops in thread*

I finished editing and posted chapters 23 and 24 of "We'll Always Have M51-936" to FFdotnet. I'll work on getting them updated at Command Dynamics too. I have one more little itsy teeny tiny bit to post, and then this saga is done.

Back to blowing my nose. *sneezes*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              *glomps you* Glad to hear everything's okay! Hmm, somebody up there must've been pissed off at someone down here... One wonders who that might be...

And yay, iPad! Those things are just so darn useful.
              Chaya?

Comment

*Stumbles in* Hey guys!

SW yeah it's probably Chaya! She has it out for all us Sparkies, everyone watch your backs, FH watch your lemmings to

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Back to blowing my nose. *sneezes*
                  Good to know I'm not the only one... *blows*

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                  SW yeah it's probably Chaya! She has it out for all us Sparkies, everyone watch your backs, FH watch your lemmings to
                  No worries, the Lemming is on good terms with Chaya. I'll keep her occupied and at bay.

Random thought: I had a piece of carrot stuck in the hole where my wisdom tooth once was sitting - this is a very peculiar something to experience. I'll just my blame my best friend when she mentioned she had a piece of rice stuck there once. She jinxed our dinner.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The bad thing about being sick on a Saturday is that you just pass out and take a long nap and don't wake up until 8 ... so you're wired but you really wanna sleep.

Hey, ShWeir! *waves*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Good to know I'm not the only one... *blows*

No worries, the Lemming is on good terms with Chaya. I'll keep her occupied and at bay.
                    Yeah, a friend of mine just started griping at me about not doing too much this summer, or I was gonna get sick. And lo and behold, I got sick two days later. Grr ...

Random thought: I had a piece of carrot stuck in the hole where my wisdom tooth once was sitting - this is a very peculiar something to experience. I'll just my blame my best friend when she mentioned she had a piece of rice stuck there once. She jinxed our dinner.
                    Yikes. I was 12 when I got a molar pulled, and the sensation of having that hole in your mouth was weird, but kinda fun at the same time. I don't remember ever getting anything stuck in there, though ...

Comment

Found this cute behind the scenes photo from "The Return Part 2" (spoilered for size):

Spoiler:

Love Torri's smile.

Comment

So I found this hidden in a folder. It's probably never going to be anything, but ... here goes!

Spoiler:
                        He still had nightmares.

Most of the time, it was that horrible last moment on the Replicator homeworld that replayed itself on widescreen. With Dolby Surround Sound. At least, that’s what his conscience made it sound like.

Sometimes, it was the moment he promised Sam Carter -- and himself -- that he was gonna find her. Carter usually turned on him and started taunting him. Once, he drew his weapon and fired. He hadn’t appreciated having to tell McKay why he shouted, “Screw you, Carter,” right before Rodney shoved him awake.

Last night, it was the last intimate moment that he and Elizabeth had shared. Out on their balcony. Before he lost her.

John Sheppard lifted his head off his pillow just far enough to see the sunlight streaming in the windows.

He groaned, then laid his head back flush against the bed. “It’s not fair,” he whispered. To himself, to the world, to whatever invisible powers were lurking and listening.

It had been three weeks since then. The city accepted Carter as their new leader, and she conscientiously made an effort to, not only befriend, but mourn with the people. She didn’t know Elizabeth Weir as well as the members of the expedition did, but she respected her. She had held command at Stargate Command as well; she had been instrumental in getting a new administration set up, one that everybody benefited from.

For the most part, she had left John alone. She was a woman, but also an officer, a soldier. She silently knew that if he wanted to talk, he’d let her know.

He sighed as the alarm clock went off. Again. He could have sworn he put it on snooze.

His morning routine happened with little thought put into it. The idea of leaving his room, mingling with other people, it made John cringe. He didn’t want anything to do with anyone. Giving serious consideration to self-imposed solitary confinement, he was almost overcome with a desire to dive back into the shower, and stay in there until he resembled a raisin.

And just then, he heard a voice in his mind. John. Really? Not wanting to be the center of attention? Very unlike you, Colonel, a distinct welcome voice mocked him.

John paused by his door, securing his wrist watch. He smirked. Elizabeth.

He left his quarters, carrying on a silent conversation in his mind. The personnel in the corridors were wise enough to not try and engage him in pleasantries. Despite the events of the past week, his mood was still grim. Nothing was a guarantee. He was almost to the control room when he rounded a corner, right near where the sliding doors would admit him to his balcony.

He stole a quick glance at the watch. “Ah, I’ve got time.”

He stepped in front of the doors and he stepped back into a flood of memories.

------------------------------------------------

“Don’t take that tone with me, Colonel.”

“Well, excuse me, Doctor, but I thought the reason I was having this discussion with you was to give you my opinion on the matter. If I think this is the most ridiculous idea in the history of all stupid ideas, then my tone should reflect that.” He glared at her across her desk. “Or should I just convey it in my body language?”

She narrowed her eyes at him. He hated it when the green disappeared. “Colonel Sheppard, would you prefer that we discuss this outside, so as not to offend anyone else’s eardrums?”

He followed her lead as she stood up, walking out around the control room to the balcony. “Well, hey, sorry, everybody, if anybody has a earache when this is over, let me know and I’ll convince Elizabeth to pay the bill!”

The doors slid shut as soon as the last word left his lips.

Elizabeth almost doubled over as soon as John locked the doors. “Oh my God, John, I think that was your best performance yet!”

His arms wrapped around her. “Geez. What we have to do for a little privacy!”

“Hmm.” She pulled him closer and laid her head sideways on his chest. John smirked. He knew she loved how it provided just the right angle for watching the ocean and the skies around Atlantis.

He didn’t know how long they had really been standing there -- it felt like hours, but was probably only a matter of seconds -- and he heard a soft voice below his chin. “John?”

“Yeah, ‘Lizbeth?”

“What were we arguing about?”

“Whether we should keep sending missions to planets so close to the Wraith culling on M45-460. Considering how unusual it was.”

“Umm. I said negotiate, you said blow them to bits?”

“Yeah, somethin’ like that.”

“Okay. Just so we’re clear.”

“Dr. Weir?”

Elizabeth let out a sigh that almost sounded like a whimper. Very uncharacteristic of her. “Yes, Chuck?” she spoke aloud to the voice that she heard through her earpiece.

“We just received a coded message from the SGC. And quote, ‘Apollo has left Tranquility Base. Have fun, kids.’ End message.”

“Thank you, Chuck. Let the SGC know, message received. Weir out.” She groaned as she lightly pushed herself away from John. Her hands stayed on his chest as she stared at his black fatigues, trying to recall the last time she had seen the bare skin underneath.

John watched her cautiously. “What is it?”

She broke away and glanced up to him. Her eyes were an usual blend of worry and tranquility. “When is it ever going to be enough?”

He smirked. “You’re more than enough for me, Elizabeth.”

She gave him a slightly longer glare that time. “Thank you for that. And for trying to change the subject.” The light over the water was casting shadows over the city, and for the first time, he started to notice Elizabeth’s face fall more than usual. From the railing where she had paced over to, she replied, “Why does it seem like we never catch a break? A permanent one, I mean?” She leaned against the railing, eyes traveling over the water with the waves. “Just once, I’d like to be able to assure everybody that we were out of harm’s way. Nothing awful was going to happen today, or this week, or this month. We can’t -- we can’t even have one relaxing day off without someone--”

John closed his eyes in realization. Carson, he silently understood. The whole city was still reeling from the doctor’s unexpected death. And Elizabeth had to send yet another condolence letter to his mother. She probably would never know exactly what happened to her son. Like so many others that Elizabeth had the responsibility of informing their loved one’s fate.

He slowly walked up behind her and wrapped his lean arms around her trembling ones. “It happens,” he softly said. “In our line of work, we know we can’t save everyone. And lemme tell you something. It’s not easy for me either. I’m human, just like the next guy. I hate coming back a man short, or having some bizarre thing happen here on the city and we lose someone. But we hafta work as hard as we can to make sure that it was worth it in the end. They didn’t die for nothing.”

“No,” she murmured in agreement. “This city, everything here, certainly isn’t nothing.”

He turned her slowly in his arms. “It’s all because of you. Anybody else, and this city could’ve collapsed. You make everyone want to keep going. You make me keep going, do better. I can’t -- I don’t wanna think about what we would do if, God forbid, something happened to you.”

She smiled, then gently kissed him. “Then we’ll make sure that never happens.”

Less than two weeks later, Dr. Elizabeth Weir was declared MIA on the Replicator homeworld.

----------------------------

John shuddered on the balcony. He shook his head, trying to erase the memory from his brain, wishing he could open his head and literally scrub it out.

“Colonel Sheppard?” a voice crackled through his earpiece.

“Go ahead,” he said, wondering why Dr. Keller was calling him this time of morning.

“She’s awake.”

John bolted off the balcony and ran to the infirmary.

----------------------------------------

Dizzy.

That was the first thing she felt.

She felt like she had drunk too much coffee.

She saw a bright light in her right eye, then it shifted to her left.

Someone was opening her eyes and shining a light in them.

Why would the Replicators do that to her?

No. Not Replicator. They had to be human.

In fact, there was no human in the Pegasus Galaxy that would do that except --

Oh my God.

“I’m back,” she murmured in shock, realizing why all the motions seemed so familiar.

“Elizabeth, can you hear me?” a recognizable voice asked her.

“Jennifer?” She coughed lightly.

She was handed a cup of water with a straw. “Small sips,” she advised, head turning to look behind her quickly as she heard something.

Elizabeth should’ve been startled by the loud running noise entering the vicinity, but she felt at peace immediately, knowing who it was.

“John.”

The blurry figure at the edge of the room moved closer to her, and she began to see the crooked mouth turn into a weary smile. “Elizabeth. How you feeling?”

“Like a puddle jumper ran over me in the middle of the atmosphere?”

He tilted his head. “Interesting comparison.”

Keller was taking observations, but upon seeing how much closer John was inching to the bed, she backed away, recording her notes on a tablet near the door.

“I’m back on Atlantis.”

“Yeah. You’ve been back for six days.” He stopped coming closer as he reached the chair at the end of the bed.

She frowned. “I don’t remember that.”

“You were in a coma for the last five. Keller wasn’t sure why.”

“My body was readjusting,” she said matter of factly.

“What do you mean?”

“The last I remember, I was put in a stasis pod on a planet. There was a very strong smell … John, part of me is worried this isn’t real.”

“Me too,” he admitted, fear creeping through the wrinkles near his eyes as he walked closer to her. “How can I prove it?”

Her eyes widened.

John knew the answer.

He leaned over the bed, kissed her cheek, then softly brushed her lips with his.

Elizabeth moaned, then whimpered as John pulled back ever so slightly. “Oh God, John.”

He sat at the edge, pulling her into his arms as the tears began welling up.

“It’s okay. I’ve got you. I’ve always got you,” he quietly promised her.
                        Last edited by ShipperWriter; 30 June 2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Enjoyable. one question...
                          Spoiler:
                          in front of Keller????
                          sigpic

Comment

Alert! Alert! Joe Malozzi has posted his thoughts on Conversion. I am having a laughing fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              So I found this hidden in a folder. It's probably never going to be anything, but ... here goes!

Spoiler:
                              He still had nightmares.

Most of the time, it was that horrible last moment on the Replicator homeworld that replayed itself on widescreen. With Dolby Surround Sound. At least, that’s what his conscience made it sound like.

Sometimes, it was the moment he promised Sam Carter -- and himself -- that he was gonna find her. Carter usually turned on him and started taunting him. Once, he drew his weapon and fired. He hadn’t appreciated having to tell McKay why he shouted, “Screw you, Carter,” right before Rodney shoved him awake.

Last night, it was the last intimate moment that he and Elizabeth had shared. Out on their balcony. Before he lost her.

John Sheppard lifted his head off his pillow just far enough to see the sunlight streaming in the windows.

He groaned, then laid his head back flush against the bed. “It’s not fair,” he whispered. To himself, to the world, to whatever invisible powers were lurking and listening.

It had been three weeks since then. The city accepted Carter as their new leader, and she conscientiously made an effort to, not only befriend, but mourn with the people. She didn’t know Elizabeth Weir as well as the members of the expedition did, but she respected her. She had held command at Stargate Command as well; she had been instrumental in getting a new administration set up, one that everybody benefited from.

For the most part, she had left John alone. She was a woman, but also an officer, a soldier. She silently knew that if he wanted to talk, he’d let her know.

He sighed as the alarm clock went off. Again. He could have sworn he put it on snooze.

His morning routine happened with little thought put into it. The idea of leaving his room, mingling with other people, it made John cringe. He didn’t want anything to do with anyone. Giving serious consideration to self-imposed solitary confinement, he was almost overcome with a desire to dive back into the shower, and stay in there until he resembled a raisin.

And just then, he heard a voice in his mind. John. Really? Not wanting to be the center of attention? Very unlike you, Colonel, a distinct welcome voice mocked him.

John paused by his door, securing his wrist watch. He smirked. Elizabeth.

He left his quarters, carrying on a silent conversation in his mind. The personnel in the corridors were wise enough to not try and engage him in pleasantries. Despite the events of the past week, his mood was still grim. Nothing was a guarantee. He was almost to the control room when he rounded a corner, right near where the sliding doors would admit him to his balcony.

He stole a quick glance at the watch. “Ah, I’ve got time.”

He stepped in front of the doors and he stepped back into a flood of memories.

------------------------------------------------

“Don’t take that tone with me, Colonel.”

“Well, excuse me, Doctor, but I thought the reason I was having this discussion with you was to give you my opinion on the matter. If I think this is the most ridiculous idea in the history of all stupid ideas, then my tone should reflect that.” He glared at her across her desk. “Or should I just convey it in my body language?”

She narrowed her eyes at him. He hated it when the green disappeared. “Colonel Sheppard, would you prefer that we discuss this outside, so as not to offend anyone else’s eardrums?”

He followed her lead as she stood up, walking out around the control room to the balcony. “Well, hey, sorry, everybody, if anybody has a earache when this is over, let me know and I’ll convince Elizabeth to pay the bill!”

The doors slid shut as soon as the last word left his lips.

Elizabeth almost doubled over as soon as John locked the doors. “Oh my God, John, I think that was your best performance yet!”

His arms wrapped around her. “Geez. What we have to do for a little privacy!”

“Hmm.” She pulled him closer and laid her head sideways on his chest. John smirked. He knew she loved how it provided just the right angle for watching the ocean and the skies around Atlantis.

He didn’t know how long they had really been standing there -- it felt like hours, but was probably only a matter of seconds -- and he heard a soft voice below his chin. “John?”

“Yeah, ‘Lizbeth?”

“What were we arguing about?”

“Whether we should keep sending missions to planets so close to the Wraith culling on M45-460. Considering how unusual it was.”

“Umm. I said negotiate, you said blow them to bits?”

“Yeah, somethin’ like that.”

“Okay. Just so we’re clear.”

“Dr. Weir?”

Elizabeth let out a sigh that almost sounded like a whimper. Very uncharacteristic of her. “Yes, Chuck?” she spoke aloud to the voice that she heard through her earpiece.

“We just received a coded message from the SGC. And quote, ‘Apollo has left Tranquility Base. Have fun, kids.’ End message.”

“Thank you, Chuck. Let the SGC know, message received. Weir out.” She groaned as she lightly pushed herself away from John. Her hands stayed on his chest as she stared at his black fatigues, trying to recall the last time she had seen the bare skin underneath.

John watched her cautiously. “What is it?”

She broke away and glanced up to him. Her eyes were an usual blend of worry and tranquility. “When is it ever going to be enough?”

He smirked. “You’re more than enough for me, Elizabeth.”

She gave him a slightly longer glare that time. “Thank you for that. And for trying to change the subject.” The light over the water was casting shadows over the city, and for the first time, he started to notice Elizabeth’s face fall more than usual. From the railing where she had paced over to, she replied, “Why does it seem like we never catch a break? A permanent one, I mean?” She leaned against the railing, eyes traveling over the water with the waves. “Just once, I’d like to be able to assure everybody that we were out of harm’s way. Nothing awful was going to happen today, or this week, or this month. We can’t -- we can’t even have one relaxing day off without someone--”

John closed his eyes in realization. Carson, he silently understood. The whole city was still reeling from the doctor’s unexpected death. And Elizabeth had to send yet another condolence letter to his mother. She probably would never know exactly what happened to her son. Like so many others that Elizabeth had the responsibility of informing their loved one’s fate.

He slowly walked up behind her and wrapped his lean arms around her trembling ones. “It happens,” he softly said. “In our line of work, we know we can’t save everyone. And lemme tell you something. It’s not easy for me either. I’m human, just like the next guy. I hate coming back a man short, or having some bizarre thing happen here on the city and we lose someone. But we hafta work as hard as we can to make sure that it was worth it in the end. They didn’t die for nothing.”

“No,” she murmured in agreement. “This city, everything here, certainly isn’t nothing.”

He turned her slowly in his arms. “It’s all because of you. Anybody else, and this city could’ve collapsed. You make everyone want to keep going. You make me keep going, do better. I can’t -- I don’t wanna think about what we would do if, God forbid, something happened to you.”

She smiled, then gently kissed him. “Then we’ll make sure that never happens.”

Less than two weeks later, Dr. Elizabeth Weir was declared MIA on the Replicator homeworld.

----------------------------

John shuddered on the balcony. He shook his head, trying to erase the memory from his brain, wishing he could open his head and literally scrub it out.

“Colonel Sheppard?” a voice crackled through his earpiece.

“Go ahead,” he said, wondering why Dr. Keller was calling him this time of morning.

“She’s awake.”

John bolted off the balcony and ran to the infirmary.

----------------------------------------

Dizzy.

That was the first thing she felt.

She felt like she had drunk too much coffee.

She saw a bright light in her right eye, then it shifted to her left.

Someone was opening her eyes and shining a light in them.

Why would the Replicators do that to her?

No. Not Replicator. They had to be human.

In fact, there was no human in the Pegasus Galaxy that would do that except --

Oh my God.

“I’m back,” she murmured in shock, realizing why all the motions seemed so familiar.

“Elizabeth, can you hear me?” a recognizable voice asked her.

“Jennifer?” She coughed lightly.

She was handed a cup of water with a straw. “Small sips,” she advised, head turning to look behind her quickly as she heard something.

Elizabeth should’ve been startled by the loud running noise entering the vicinity, but she felt at peace immediately, knowing who it was.

“John.”

The blurry figure at the edge of the room moved closer to her, and she began to see the crooked mouth turn into a weary smile. “Elizabeth. How you feeling?”

“Like a puddle jumper ran over me in the middle of the atmosphere?”

He tilted his head. “Interesting comparison.”

Keller was taking observations, but upon seeing how much closer John was inching to the bed, she backed away, recording her notes on a tablet near the door.

“I’m back on Atlantis.”

“Yeah. You’ve been back for six days.” He stopped coming closer as he reached the chair at the end of the bed.

She frowned. “I don’t remember that.”

“You were in a coma for the last five. Keller wasn’t sure why.”

“My body was readjusting,” she said matter of factly.

“What do you mean?”

“The last I remember, I was put in a stasis pod on a planet. There was a very strong smell … John, part of me is worried this isn’t real.”

“Me too,” he admitted, fear creeping through the wrinkles near his eyes as he walked closer to her. “How can I prove it?”

Her eyes widened.

John knew the answer.

He leaned over the bed, kissed her cheek, then softly brushed her lips with his.

Elizabeth moaned, then whimpered as John pulled back ever so slightly. “Oh God, John.”

He sat at the edge, pulling her into his arms as the tears began welling up.

“It’s okay. I’ve got you. I’ve always got you,” he quietly promised her.
                              OMG, I love that so much. It is perfect just like it is.
                              Spoiler:
                              Though the first part sound like John is sleeping with Rodney. *shudders*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Alert! Alert! Joe Malozzi has posted his thoughts on Conversion. I am having a laughing fit.
                              And some comments are priceless.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I am currently working on BoD and there's a scene that's starting to give me a headache. ARGH.

Comment

Working...
                                X