Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Elizabeth with weapons is one of those things that should have been explored more, had PTB been interested in telling good stories. I like to imagine that she was very anti - guns in any way, if it meant that she had to carry one - at least in the beginning. I can imagine John insisting that she'd take shooting lessons (only to find out later that she had, at some point in her past, and she knows the basics). And because she knows what a gun in her hand feels like, and what it can do, she's against it all the more. But as the time goes, her attitude would just have to change at least when it comes to her own safety. If she's with a team off world, and they run into some kind of ambush, someone would have to protect her and themselves and that would mean a greater danger for her and that person who has to guard her. And I think she would agree to carry a sidearm, for her own protection and because it would mean greater safety for those around her.

But, before she'd get to that point, hers and John's discussions about that would be just EPIC.
    I'm thinking it would have been interesting to see how John getting injured might have changed her mind. Because that would not only have limited the one person who could have best protected her, it also would have limited her ability to save him.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I'm thinking it would have been interesting to see how John getting injured might have changed her mind. Because that would not only have limited the one person who could have best protected her, it also would have limited her ability to save him.
      And that sounds like a prompt, with two of them off world, cut off from rest of the team, John injured, applying that bandage to his arm, while Elizabeth is anxiously keeping guard - because she can shoot, only not as well as John can.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

And that sounds like a prompt, with two of them off world, cut off from rest of the team, John injured, applying that bandage to his arm, while Elizabeth is anxiously keeping guard - because she can shoot, only not as well as John can.
        I vaguely remember a fic like that from way a long time ago, but I'm hopeless in finding them again.

*waves to Raelis* Sorry, I'd like to help but again I can never find fics when I want to. Check out Command Dynamics. You might be able to find some of the fics you mentioned on there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          ...Jamie Lee Newman...
          It's Jaime Ray Newman.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          LORNE! Babysitting one of the scientists!
          Doctor Parrish, which sparkled the beginning of the slash ship Lorne/Parrish. It's a very small group of writers but Runner is the starting point.

Didn't the scientist play on Sanctuary? I never saw it, but the face looks familiar.
          Jonathan Young who indeed portrayed Tesla on Sanctuary.

I think he played Tesla. Looked different and was a bit insane though.
          He portrayed Tesla on stage before he was brought in to play him on Sanctuary.

Is that Rachel's actual hair, now? Looks much better.
          Does she ever stop wearing a wig? I can't remember ...
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Nope. It's a wig the whole time.
          The only time we see Rachel's real hair is in Rising, where it was colored and extensions were added. However the strain on her hair was too great and thus began the search for a suitable wig... which going by commentaries took quite a while to find.

And Rodney getting stuck in the tree trap. *cackles*
          David Hewlett had the flu when they were filming that, and they had told him no to eat too much before that scene which he apparently ignored to do, and well... yeah... there were some consequences to deal with hanging upside down.

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
          Hi guys. I don't think there is any point of asking about this in the Fanfiction thread because it seems mostly SG-1 people hang out there, so I'm asking here. Could you please recommend some good fanfics exploring John and Elizabeth's backstories? Childhoods, life pre-Atlantis, stuff like that.
          I don't know if this'll be much help but you could try Command Dynamics...

And Kris says hi! I met her earlier today at Starbucks - we met for a chat since I was around the town anyway.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hello everyone! I’m back from my trip to Rome and I have to say I did not expect it to be so cold when I got back home, I’m so not use to it even if I guess I should be since it’s been cold here so far almost all summer (except a few days around my birthday at the end of may when you could walk outside wearing a t-shirt, but other than that it’s been to cold). I haven’t had the time to look through all the pages that missed and especially the post-a-thon posts but I’m looking forward to doing it soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

I got woken up at 4am in the morning by the storm. It's turned more towards Florida instead of heading towards Louisiana, like they thought it would. We're supposed to get rain for the rest of the day. One of the squall lines is moving through right now. Wind's picking up. Just thankful there isn't too much flooding or debris around my house.
                You're welcome.

All that rainy weather sucks. Hopefully you won't be needing to build an ark any time soon.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Welcome back, Brie! Glad you had a great trip (even if it was cold)!

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                    Hi guys. I don't think there is any point of asking about this in the Fanfiction thread because it seems mostly SG-1 people hang out there, so I'm asking here. Could you please recommend some good fanfics exploring John and Elizabeth's backstories? Childhoods, life pre-Atlantis, stuff like that.
                    Definitely thirding the recommendation to check out Command Dynamics; it's a dedicated John/Elizabeth fic archive. There's also Wraithbait, which is an Atlantis fic archive that handles multiple ships; you can find fics in the John/Elizabeth category here. I'm afraid I don't know offhand of any stories that really focus specifically on John and Elizabeth's past. Most of what you'll find may have a line or two of dialogue here and there about where they went to school, previous relationship, sometimes siblings, or things like that, but that's about it. I think as a whole, Sparky fandom seems to focus more on the here and now in terms of fic writing.

Elizabeth with weapons is one of those things that should have been explored more, had PTB been interested in telling good stories. I like to imagine that she was very anti - guns in any way, if it meant that she had to carry one - at least in the beginning. I can imagine John insisting that she'd take shooting lessons (only to find out later that she had, at some point in her past, and she knows the basics). And because she knows what a gun in her hand feels like, and what it can do, she's against it all the more. But as the time goes, her attitude would just have to change at least when it comes to her own safety. If she's with a team off world, and they run into some kind of ambush, someone would have to protect her and themselves and that would mean a greater danger for her and that person who has to guard her. And I think she would agree to carry a sidearm, for her own protection and because it would mean greater safety for those around her.

But, before she'd get to that point, hers and John's discussions about that would be just EPIC.
                    Arguments to peel the paint off the walls.

*flails* That would make for a great fic. But first, you've got another fic to finish.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    David Hewlett had the flu when they were filming that, and they had told him no to eat too much before that scene which he apparently ignored to do, and well... yeah... there were some consequences to deal with hanging upside down.
                    Ewwww...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, there's plenty of snarkage if you wanna go through it.

Or, here's the last chapter of my fic. I'm writing an epilogue, and then that's it! I can't believe I actually got this one done in under two months! Yay, me!

And if anyone recognizes this, I had originally posted this as "The Right Side of the Wrong Bed", but I edited a few things to streamline it with the rest of the story.

Spoiler:
                      John moaned as sunlight began peaking in through the blinds. He raised his head with just enough effort to look out the windows to the left, between his bed and the door, and confirm that it was daylight and not an optical illusion. After the night he had just endured, if he could have held the moon in the sky and postponed sunlight, he would have. He did not want to get up, and his tired body agreed.

Ronan had accompanied him on his run for the first five miles, but once it because obvious that he didn’t want to talk -- at all -- and he was running more to torture himself than for the health benefits, the Satedan dropped out. John had made a comment about him being a wuss, partially hoping that he might take a swing at him, but Ronan put his hands up as he panted.

“If you wanna try and kill yourself instead of talking to Weir, that’s your choice.”

As Ronan walked off in the opposite direction, John frowned. He had never said anything about his problem. And he didn’t want to.

His head dropped back to the pillow like a dead weight, and he closed his eyes to the world, only to be interrupted by the damned alarm clock to his left.

Groaning low in his throat, he tried to roll over to hit the snooze when he realized that there was an object -- no, a person -- laying next to him on the small mattress.

He squinted, staring at the mop of brown strands as he gingerly reached over and hit the button. It was very disturbing to him that he couldn’t recall any memories of last night that would have led to this. After the vigorous run he had tortured himself with, he had come straight to his quarters, showered, and fallen into bed. Alone.

The brunette stirred, moaning as she reached for the covers.

John bit his lip, leaning back, away from the foreign person --

-- And fell right onto the cold floor.

“Damn,” he whispered to himself sharply as he rubbed his thigh. He glanced at himself and quickly raised and lowered his eyebrows. At least he was still wearing boxers.

His hazel eyes looked up and came in contact with an equally confused set of familiar green eyes.

Oh crap.

“John?” she voiced uncertainly but with a hint of amusement, pulling the sheet up around her. “What are you doing?”

“What am I -- you’re the one who’s laying half naked in my bed!” he exclaimed, standing and reaching for a pair of black running pants that lay across the shelf next to the bed.

She cocked her head. “I’m an optimist. Let’s go with ‘half dressed’.”

“Tomato, tomahto.” He pulled his pants up and crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes. “Care to explain how this happened? Because as I recall, you didn’t want this to go any further as of last night.”

Elizabeth smiled bashfully. “I, umm, guess I got used to it. You know, after last week?”

John opened his mouth to unleash another snaky reply, but he clamped his jaw shut after the memories invoked by her words flooded his mind. The flowing gown from the dance, the large bed that still seemed too small, the phony displays of affection that somewhere along the line became sincere …

He nodded and rubbed his forehead. “Yeah,” he quietly answered, sitting down on the bed next to her.

Elizabeth dropped the sheet that she had been tightly holding, and John realized that she was more correct than he was. She was wearing a white tank top and black yoga pants, and as his head stopped spinning he noticed a robe laying over the chair behind her. She must have come during the night and snuggled into his side, just like they had done for the past few days on M51-936. He hung his head in remembrance; as much as he wanted to forget the feelings and everything that mission had encompassed, his heart wouldn’t let him.

Even after that heart wrenching exchange out on the East Pier, after that earth shattering kiss that he had given her that he didn’t really regret, he couldn’t let her go. He couldn’t get over her.

He didn’t want to.

She timidly reached out her hand, laying it atop his, causing him to look up at her.

“I was wrong.” She sighed, looking down at their hands. “I was scared. When we got back, I really wanted to make this work. But when I walked into the infirmary and remembered Tharon being here, and finding out she was pregnant, it scared the hell out of me.” She shrugged. “So I started finding every excuse in the book to drop this. But it wasn’t fair to you.”

“So what do you want?” John asked simply, raising his free hand to lip her chin.

Her green eyes finally met his again.

“I want you. Nothing less.” Her brown hair was disheveled slightly from sleep, but with the few strands that were falling over her face and the small smile she was wearing, she looked innocent. Devious, even. It was the latter that made him worry.

“I don’t have to report til 1000 hours,” she softly told him as she turned his hand over. She brushed the hair out of her face with her free hand, then brought it down to his captive one and slowly started rubbing small circles in the palm of it.

He sighed, closing his eyes, getting ready to voice a refusal, when he felt the warm sensation of her lips pressed against his.

John’s eyes flew open at the unexpected yet welcome gesture, and just as quickly shut them tight, hands wrapping around her neck and bringing her closer.

Her agile hands began working their way up John’s strong arms, into the short hair at the nape of his neck, holding him against her. She kissed his lips like a child holding a mother’s hand -- afraid that if they let go they would be lost.

As much as he didn’t want to admit it, John Sheppard knew that he was lost without her.

They pulled back, hands still firmly woven around each other’s necks, as they drew breath again. Hazel eyes met green, and lips met again for a second round. “’Lizabeth,” John half muttered as she began kissing a trail down his neck, close to his jugular, making more than his heart skip a beat.

“Hmm,” she replied in a tone so quiet she was barely heard.

He sighed in resignation, then the alarm went off again before he could make his point.

Unclasping her hands, Elizabeth reached an arm behind her, harshly hitting the button, and turned back to John. He was sure the regret on his face was evident as her own features fell. “Oh,” she finally said in what seemed like resignation.

“I’m on duty in an hour,” he told her as his hands latched onto her upper arms. His thumbs were caressing the soft skin as he tried his best to clear his voice.

Elizabeth pressed her lips together, smiling slightly as she looked into her lap. “I understand,” she finally said, trying to break away from him and stand up.

In a flash, he realized Elizabeth had misunderstood him. She probably thought he was blowing her off.

He had already screwed things up too much. He wasn‘t about to make it worse.

“So what time do you get off?” he quickly asked as her arms slid through his grasp. He grabbed her hands and gave a tug. “Because I don’t know about you, but I fully intend on seeing this through.” He grinned at her.

Elizabeth blinked in shock. “Are you sure?”

His eyes fixated on hers, he replied, “Positive.”

She sighed after a moment, and John was expecting a refusal, somewhere along the lines of “I don‘t want to get hurt again“.

But she let out a laugh. “Come get me for dinner. Knowing you,” she added, starting to turn away, “I’ll need my energy.”

As she grabbed her robe and walked into the bathroom, John lay back down on his bed, hands folded under his head, a pleased expression on his face.

Then the alarm rang for the third time.

“Damn.”

I'll post it on the sites in the morning, but I'm too tired now. Gotta try and get some sleep. Night!
                      so great. I really love this story. I've read it in 2 hours and I can say, you've done a geat job.

today, I've watched "First Strike", "Adrift" and "Lifeline" and it always makes me cry. Maybe I'm too emotional but the way Joe acted in these episodes is just awesome.

Comment

First off welcome back Brie!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Another masterpiece, Nolamom!! Who doesn't like Elizabeth and John on their balcony?
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Awwww! It's The Balcony of Lurve!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Another masterpiece, Nolamom!! Who doesn't like Elizabeth and John on their balcony?
                          TPTW, apparently.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Now I’ve read through all the comments and it was a lot of fun.

First I just had to say that I really enjoyed the lat parts of your story SW + the Sparky family fic was just to cute and pkprd869, love your chapter as well and I’m a bit curies about the rest (especially the first chapter so maybe if you wanted to you could send me a link to it)

I always find the conversation with Elizabeth and guns interesting and it defiantly could have been explored more, there are two interesting conversations concerning weapons and fighting that have always stood out to me on different TV-shows, both from people who wasn’t trained with it and that was first a conversation between two people that I found interesting because one of them is just a good conversation and the other shows how much you can show about a characters past with just a short conversation in a scene.

Spoiler:
                            'Falling Skies' S01E06 Sanctuary pt 1

Margaret - ”I heard you fought back”
                            Dr Glass - “For all it good it did”
                            Margaret - “No, at least you tried. When you take it lying down it does something to your head, it’s really had to come back from that, trust me.” Pulls out a firearm and puts it in front of Dr. Glass on the table. “Hang on to that.”
                            Dr Glass - “Oh no”
                            Margaret - “You’ll feel better just knowing it’s around. And if it conflicts with some hypocredical oath then why don’t you just stitsh the bad guy up AFTER you blast him. It’s pretty much just point and shot but if you need a lesson I’m around”

I really liked that scene, it was a good character scene and a good scene for two of the women on the show and it could have been a good scene between John and Elizabeth in the beginning of season 1, but also if you would have wanted to a good scene between Elizabeth and anyone really, someone else that a scene like that could have worked on would be Carson since we never got to see him hesitate to pick up a gun and he’s a medical doctor and I think it would have been a good angsty scene to have him deal with it.

Spoiler:
                            S1E13 - The Woman in the Garden

Angela - “You beat up a gang leader?”
                            Dr. Brennan - “Booth told you that”
                            Angela - “You did! You got into a fight with a gangbanger”
                            Dr. Brennan - “You mad at me?”
                            Angela - “The guy’s a killer Brennan”
                            Dr. Brennan - “Angela relax we were in the FBI building”
                            Angela - “Look I know you’re all about self-reliance and fighting your own battles and standing up for yourself but now as your friend and knowing how much you hate phycology here you need therapy
                            Dr. Brennan - “I’m sorry I upset you it’s just that I’ve dealt with him before”
                            Angela - “With who?”
                            Dr. Brennan - “People who get what they want through fear: Gangbangers, members of death squads”
                            Angela - “I know phycology again but you said him, like one guy”
                            Dr. Brennan - “I didn’t mean Cortez specifically, I meant people like him. On my last trip to El Salvador…”
                            Angela - “Yeah I remember, I tried to get you to go to Italy with me”
                            Dr. Brennan - “I was in a tent set up by one of the gravesites. I was working with the remains of a young girl age 13, she had been shot in the head and dumpt into a well, this cop shows up and he might have been a solider, it’s not easy to tell, I thought he was there to guard me but he told me to stop when I refused he called in two other, they put a bag over my head and tossed me into a cell with dirt floors and no windows.”
                            Angela - “For how long?”
                            Dr. Brennan - “Later I found out that it was three days but I thought it was a week, maybe more. He came in every day and made me believe that I was going to die, he said that he would shot me and toss me into a well and that no one would ever know where I was or what became of me. I promised myself that if I ever had the chance I’d get even.”

They could have had a conversation like that (between two people) but maybe angle it in a direction that maybe explained why she doesn’t like weapons or something, just give a background to it since we saw even the scientists in ‘The Siege’ strap on a gun (heck, even Rodney and we all know how dangerous that can be).

Another thing I’ve always wondered was how Teyla learned to fire a gun, I mean I know she’s a warrior but the Athosans didn’t have any guns as far as I know so that would have been interesting to see.
                            Last edited by Brie; 26 June 2012, 03:07 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh my god that is adorable!
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                Hello everyone! I’m back from my trip to Rome and I have to say I did not expect it to be so cold when I got back home, I’m so not use to it even if I guess I should be since it’s been cold here so far almost all summer (except a few days around my birthday at the end of may when you could walk outside wearing a t-shirt, but other than that it’s been to cold). I haven’t had the time to look through all the pages that missed and especially the post-a-thon posts but I’m looking forward to doing it soon.
                                Welcome back. You definitely have a lot to catch up on.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/Valenship/Shippy%20Gifs/John_Elizabeth_Railing_Heartfloat.gif
                                Balcony love! Squeeeee!

Originally posted by CaptainMina90 View Post
                                so great. I really love this story. I've read it in 2 hours and I can say, you've done a geat job.

today, I've watched "First Strike", "Adrift" and "Lifeline" and it always makes me cry. Maybe I'm too emotional but the way Joe acted in these episodes is just awesome.
                                You are so correct. He just knocked it out of the park there and left everybody moved by John's deep feelings for Elizabeth. Even though they are angsty beyond belief, I still love those two eps.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X