Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I have a feeling we're thinking about the same brain scrub inducing scene(s) here. Evil!Shep was fun to watch.
    Evil!Shep was fun. So was Wet!Shep in Rodney's nightmare. Both of them. *drools*

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I'm all for watching all of them no matter how painful. You never know when you'll like one that the majority of fans don't. With me it was Harmony. Everyone complained that the kid was annoying, but she was supposed to be. I thought it was a great buddy ep for John and Rodney. I did hate the ending though.

Today's weather report for the nations's capital is beyond horrendous, though they have lowered the forecast from 100°F to 98°F. Right now it is 78° with 76% humidity. Hello summer in the swamp.
      I expected I would hate Quarantine, but instead I ended up loving it. It's one of my favorite episodes of the entire show.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Wet!John:
        Spoiler:

Wet!Lizzeh:
        Spoiler:

Comment

I expected I would hate Quarantine, but instead I ended up loving it. It's one of my favorite episodes of the entire show.
          I like Quarantine too. John showing off his mad number skills always makes me laugh.

Comment

Really? I'm a bit surprised by that. Care to share your favorite parts.

I have a feeling we're thinking about the same brain scrub inducing scene(s) here. Evil!Shep was fun to watch.
            I had a brain spasm and got Quarantine and Doppelganger mixed up. I need to rewatch both of them. Quarantine is the one that has the brain scrub scene. I don't remember anything so bad in Doppelganger that I couldn't look directly at the screen. Loved all parts of ebil Shep. I even liked Rodney in that one.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Really? I'm a bit surprised by that. Care to share your favorite parts.

I had a brain spasm and got Quarantine and Doppelganger mixed up. I need to rewatch both of them. Quarantine is the one that has the brain scrub scene. I don't remember anything so bad in Doppelganger that I couldn't look directly at the screen. Loved all parts of ebil Shep. I even liked Rodney in that one.
              I enjoyed pretty much everything except bits with Sam. She made poor Radek feel like a weirdo. I really resented that. Now hold onto your chair. Parts with John and Teyla were my favorite. Finally they were acting like two human beings who are friedns for a long time and are having a realistic conversation. I didn't see it as shippy at all, it was simply and wonderfully human. Wish Jennifer and Ronon did kiss. They were beyond cute.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I enjoyed pretty much everything except bits with Sam. She made poor Radek feel like a weirdo. I really resented that.
                Yeah, all of the transporter scenes with them were awkward. Imagine if it had been Elizabeth.

Now hold onto your chair. Parts with John and Teyla were my favorite. Finally they were acting like two human beings who are friedns for a long time and are having a realistic conversation. I didn't see it as shippy at all, it was simply and wonderfully human. Wish Jennifer and Ronon did kiss. They were beyond cute.
                Exactly! They had to work out the issue about Teyla withholding her pregnancy from him and the team, and I thought it was nicely done. It made me feel like they really were friends.

And yeah. John climbing the tower. Awesome. *goes to loop*

Comment

I enjoyed pretty much everything except bits with Sam. She made poor Radek feel like a weirdo. I really resented that. Now hold onto your chair. Parts with John and Teyla were my favorite. Finally they were acting like two human beings who are friedns for a long time and are having a realistic conversation. I didn't see it as shippy at all, it was simply and wonderfully human. Wish Jennifer and Ronon did kiss. They were beyond cute.
                  And later in Trio when they said nobody liked him or something of the sort, I wanted to slap all of them. WTF?

I can see where one might view that John/Teyla scene that way, but at the time I saw it as them setting up a future ship. Thankfully, I was wrong.

BTW, JM had a vote on favorite mid-season two parter on his blog and TS/TE won by a large margin. Whoo hooo!
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

BTW, JM had a vote on favorite mid-season two parter on his blog and TS/TE won by a large margin. Whoo hooo!
                    Of course it is!

I have a friend who has that disc of S1 but it's scratched. When I told him he could borrow mine, he was like, "Yeah, that's awesome! I totally want that!" Because it is the best.

Anyhow. I'm off the grid for a while. I have to finish getting everything together for my sister's wedding shower this Saturday.

Comment

thanks for the hockey info mandogater; I'll pass it along to my sister.

I will eventually get around to watching the rest of SGA...especially now that I'll have the complete set.

wet!shep is tasty but wet!lizzeh turns me into a puddle of a goo just a little...
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'm all for watching all of them no matter how painful. You never know when you'll like one that the majority of fans don't. With me it was Harmony. Everyone complained that the kid was annoying, but she was supposed to be. I thought it was a great buddy ep for John and Rodney. I did hate the ending though.
                        Yeah, I am so ready to watch those hated episodes from Seasons 4-5. Time to suck it up and face 'em.

That ungrateful little brat from Harmony so needed a clue-by-four to the back of the head, though.

Ohh yes, the mockery of Radek in both Quarantine and Trio PISSED ME OFF. I mean, WTF?!? Where the hell did that even come from? He was always such a nice boy and everybody loved him when Lizzeh was around. Grr.

And to be honest, I didn't mind the John and Teyla scenes in Quarantine so much. I do agree with SR that they were probably intended to be shippy, but I just chose to ignore it and see a couple of friends trying to come to terms with a big change in one of their lives.

Of course, the part where Teyla actually starts to climb out the window after John still makes me headdesk.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        And yeah. John climbing the tower. Awesome. *goes to loop*
                        Ohhhhh yeah. That part never gets old.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The only saving grace in Doppelganger for me was Sheppard climbing the tower.
                          Must have been a really bad episode you can't even remember he didn't do that in DG.

I had a brain spasm and got Quarantine and Doppelganger mixed up.
                          Yes, you did.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Darrin must be doing a couple other things with the forum. The guest counter has disappeared ...

Comment

Don't worry, you're still not alone.

THere are lonely threads but this isn't one of them.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

quick i need a sparky pick me up/intervention....i'm fuming mad right now!
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X