Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    LMAO, I know what you mean. I think my brain has lost its higher functioning capabilities for the rest of the week. I think I'll just wander over to the JoeF thunk thread and drool at the pictures.

Ewwww... I don't want to know, do I?
    No indeed you do not, but if you start watching, you'll know which scene I mean when you get to it. Trust me. Ewww indeed.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ack! Hopefully Lemming can still eat sugar... *passes over saucer of sugar* .
      I couldn't even tell if my glass was touching my lip so drinking was interesting to say the least.

I've heard those "less than good things" as well, and they all seem to fall into the same rut of complaints about leaving questions unanswered, the ship looks too shiny, it's not as creepy, the score is boring, blahblahblah. Mostly it looks like a lot of sour grapes from Alien-verse fanboys who had unrealistic expectations.
      My 3D teacher compared it to watching many, many beautiful women but after he a while he was hoping for more and he didn't get the love he was looking for.

The thing is, it's not Alien. It's not supposed to be. It's the same universe, but a new story that we haven't seen before. Of course it's going to be different. *shrugs* But really, you have to see it and judge for yourself.
      I saw the trailer and that's as far as it shall go since I'm not into that kind of (scary) movies. Haven't seen Alien either (or any of its sequels).

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Oh, poor baby! *sends more sugar* At least you have tomorrow off, right? If I remember correctly?
      You've been sniffing too much paint cause nope no day off for me...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          *tiptoes in* so it's probably been over a year since I've been here...I kinda fell off the face of the planet for a lil while. Gonna try to be back tho-I miss you guys!
          *tackle hugs* Long time no see Drew! We missed you!
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            Mornin y'all. I see SW you've been busy. Now that I'm vacation for a couple weeks I'll read your story from start to finish. Did you say it was at command dynamics or ffnet? mandogator I know you'll slay that job fair in the face! drew how ya been? SR I think if Lizzie was married with all the sparky we saw, fandom would have lost respect for John and Lizzie.

Of for my MRI. I had to remove my piercing for the test. Feels weird with out it. At least it's new comic book day!
            Hope everything goes well with your MRI, pkprd869.

Now for a little OT ranting about said job fair.
            Spoiler:
            What I said before about a place I really want to work for being there. It turns out they weren't. When I asked the people working there about it, they had no idea what I was talking about and had no idea why I could get a list of job openings for that place on the webpage for the job fair. I ended up consoling myself with a shrimp po'boy at a sports bar before taking advantage of a couple of 20% off coupons at the Barnes & Noble. Back to the drawing board I guess.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Hope everything goes well with your MRI, pkprd869.

Spoiler:
              What I said before about a place I really want to work for being there. It turns out they weren't. When I asked the people working there about it, they had no idea what I was talking about and had no idea why I could get a list of job openings for that place on the webpage for the job fair. I ended up consoling myself with a shrimp po'boy at a sports bar before taking advantage of a couple of 20% off coupons at the Barnes & Noble. Back to the drawing board I guess.
              Aw shucks. I know what a job hunt can be like having recently gone through it with Mr. SR. Hang in there and the perfect job will come along when you least expect it. It did for him. Well, not perfect, but a job.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

hey, in this economy, any job is perfect!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the picture, poundpuppy! So pretteh!

Indeed. Ultimately, while the shipping of Sheppard didn't end up exactly the way we hoped, at least the producers stepped back from crossing any lines that would've turned it into a character development disaster.
                  True. *glares at inbox*

*cough*Atlantis Rising*cough*

Yeah, we're back up. At last!
                  Yay! I know everybody must've put a lot of hard work into it! Congratulations, and well done, everyone!

*nods* I've always said that a wise author will change their plans to follow where the chemistry leads.

Sparky. We haz it.
                  Which would explain why Sparky went from sharing a bed to -- ahem, something else during the run of my fic? Because I'm wise??? ROFL

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  *glomps back the glompers*

it's good to be back! I do plan on sticking around this time (replaced my laptop - it was literally sparking and a potential fire hazard). working on getting this new one all personalized and pretty lol

looks like i have some catching up to do....
                  Yeah, I'm glad you got a new laptop. Great to have you back! *hugs*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Yes we are back up and for everyone who's out of the loop, the new address is: http://sga-rising.com/.

Believe me you're all not nearly as happy as we are. Now I've had all the tech talk I can take for one day because I think I have lost about 40 IQ points just trying to understand it. Now we wait for BOD to be finished before we can publish again.

Can't wait!

LMAO, I know what you mean. I think my brain has lost its higher functioning capabilities for the rest of the week. I think I'll just wander over to the JoeF thunk thread and drool at the pictures.
                  Aaaaaand look where that got you.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I couldn't even tell if my glass was touching my lip so drinking was interesting to say the least.
                  It's a fun feeling, isn't it???

You've been sniffing too much paint cause nope no day off for me...
                  My paint sniffing days are officially over. Got the trim in the living room and kitchen done. Not easy but a beautiful result! We move tomorrow morning. *jumps with excitement*

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Aw shucks. I know what a job hunt can be like having recently gone through it with Mr. SR. Hang in there and the perfect job will come along when you least expect it. It did for him. Well, not perfect, but a job.
                  True. I worked at a grocery store doing everything imaginable for almost five years because I couldn't find any full time work in the field I trained for. And even though I'm finally settled working for the school system, it's not perfect. It has its ups and downs, but like nolamom says:
                  Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  hey, in this economy, any job is perfect!
                  True, dat!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'm sorry the job fair didn't work out, mandogater. That stinks! But hang in there, something good will come along!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    My 3D teacher compared it to watching many, many beautiful women but after he a while he was hoping for more and he didn't get the love he was looking for.

I saw the trailer and that's as far as it shall go since I'm not into that kind of (scary) movies. Haven't seen Alien either (or any of its sequels).
                    Methinks you might get a kick out of this (I sure did!): Prometheus in Fifteen Minutes. An epically cracktastic comedy retelling with spoilers galore (but not many pictures so you won't get squicked out). Seriously. Go read it, it's hilarious!

Yay! I know everybody must've put a lot of hard work into it! Congratulations, and well done, everyone!
                    And it's not over yet... *puts nose back to the grindstone of story plotting*

Which would explain why Sparky went from sharing a bed to -- ahem, something else during the run of my fic? Because I'm wise??? ROFL
                    Wiser than TPTW, that's for sure.

Aaaaaand look where that got you.
                    *snickers*

My paint sniffing days are officially over. Got the trim in the living room and kitchen done. Not easy but a beautiful result! We move tomorrow morning. *jumps with excitement*
                    Yay! That's awesome!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Methinks you might get a kick out of this (I sure did!): Prometheus in Fifteen Minutes. An epically cracktastic comedy retelling with spoilers galore (but not many pictures so you won't get squicked out). Seriously. Go read it, it's hilarious!
                      Hmm. I might take a look at it myself. Since I won't see the movie and it's cracky ...

Speaking of whic: I heard Carrie Underwood's "Cowboy Casanova" on teh radio as I was driving home last night. SOOOO wanna make a crack!vid for that song with John. Just too many good lines ...

And it's not over yet... *puts nose back to the grindstone of story plotting*
                      *sends Chipotle gift card*

Wiser than TPTW, that's for sure.
                      *humbly bows though it's not really that hard*

Packing bathroom. I'll be back.

*zips out*

Comment

Oh, and this is slightly OT but hilarious:
                        Spoiler:
                        So I replied to a Tweet sent out by Kate Hewlett's cat, Linus, who has his own Twitter account. *snorts* Anyhow, "he" replied and I said that I was basically using him to get to David Hewlett ... who in turn I will use to get to Joe Flanigan.

Disclaimer: I have not been sniffing paints or anything else, for that matter. I'm just being silly giggly insanely me today.

Comment

Hmm. I might take a look at it myself. Since I won't see the movie and it's cracky ...

Speaking of whic: I heard Carrie Underwood's "Cowboy Casanova" on teh radio as I was driving home last night. SOOOO wanna make a crack!vid for that song with John. Just too many good lines ...
                          Crack is always good!

*sends Chipotle gift card*
                          Mmmmm... methinks I'll need some margaritas to go with that.

*humbly bows though it's not really that hard*
                          Nah, not really.

Oh, and this is slightly OT but hilarious:
                          Spoiler:
                          So I replied to a Tweet sent out by Kate Hewlett's cat, Linus, who has his own Twitter account. *snorts* Anyhow, "he" replied and I said that I was basically using him to get to David Hewlett ... who in turn I will use to get to Joe Flanigan.

Disclaimer: I have not been sniffing paints or anything else, for that matter. I'm just being silly giggly insanely me today.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Crack is always good!
                            Yes. Yes, it is. I think I'll work on it after I move, though ...

Mmmmm... methinks I'll need some margaritas to go with that.
                            *raises hand* I need another one. Thought I was done packing until I looked under my bed and found more stuff ...

Ooh, and Chipotle sounds really good right now ...

To make this on topic:

Okay, I know Elizabeth said she left something of hers in here, but I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

John, check under your bed.

Hey, I found your bra!

Comment

*raises hand* I need another one. Thought I was done packing until I looked under my bed and found more stuff ...

Ooh, and Chipotle sounds really good right now ...
                              After the morning I've had, a Chipotle and margarita is sounding even better by the second.

To make this on topic:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...203/return.png

Okay, I know Elizabeth said she left something of hers in here, but I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

John, check under your bed.

Hey, I found your bra!
                              LMAO!

Comment

Lord help me.

Spoiler:

Hey, Elizabeth. Just checking to see how you're coming on your packing.
                                Pretty good. Hey, do you have time to help me quickly?

What did you say?

I asked if you had time to help me quickly. Not time for a quickie.

*headdesk*

Comment

Working...
                                X