Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    So I started reading JoeMallozzi's Blog where he reminisces about SGA. *snort* But this was too funny to not repost: What happened to Jinto?

Spoiler:
    Ah, Jinto. We hardly knew you. As often happens in television, certain characters pop and are developed (ie. Where’d that Zelenka guy come from?) while others eventually fade into obscurity. The character of Jinto has the distinction of falling into the latter category for no other reason than: 1. He was a kid and 2. He was Athosian. While interesting, Teyla’s people became a less important part of the narrative as the series developed and so, they eventually left Atlantis to make their homes on the mainland and, later, off-world. As for Jinto, not much is known about following the events of those early episodes. I like to think that he became a productive member of Athosian society, settling down with his long-time sweetheart and eventually fathering two boys, Torren (named after Teyla’s fathter) and Toran (named after the Athosian who the wraith queen feasts upon in this episode). Alternately, I like to imagine he spent his years deep in the bowels of Atlantis, playing an protracted game of Hide and Seek following the episode of the same name, convinced he had the best hiding place ever – until his skeletal remains were discovered by an exploratory crew sometime in season four.

Be back in a bit to post oneshot.
    *snorts* We came up with a better idea for Jinto in Atlantis Rising. And the Athosians aren't being wallpapered any more. Take that, Mallozzi!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *snorts* We came up with a better idea for Jinto in Atlantis Rising. And the Athosians aren't being wallpapered any more. Take that, Mallozzi!
      What she said!

Comment

So I finished my oneshot, but it's more cracky than anything. Which is fine, considering I drank a margarita while I wrote this. *dances around my room*

Setting: John and Ronan are college roommates, who have just moved into a new dorm for their last year. Their new neighbors are hot. *shakes head* Oh Lordy. I've been giggling the entire time I wrote this. We'll see how good it is!

Spoiler:
        John hammered the last nail into the light brown wall, then securely hung the back of the Johnny Cash poster frame on it. Hanging the Man in Black always marked the end of any move. Wiping his forehead against the back of his hand, he stood back and eyed the poster.

"Hey buddy," he called behind him without his eyes leaving the wall, "does this look straight to you?"

John heard a slight crash and winced. "Lamp?" he called out, anxiously.

"Bookcase," was Ronan's deep reply as he entered the living room. He cocked his head sideways, grunted, then turned away. "Looks fine," he replied as he walked to the kitchen, awkwardly avoiding the moving boxes that were stacked up next to the island.

John turned and frowned. “You didn’t even look at it, did you?”

“Sheppard, we are not roommates so I can tell you if you hung your picture right, or if that dress looks cute on you.” He opened the fridge and pulled out a beer, using the hem of his shirt to twist the cap off.

“I’m not -- are you calling me a girl?”

Ronan shrugged as he collapsed onto the sofa. “If the bra fits.”

John gritted his teeth, and then loosened a little when he saw Ronan laugh.

“Hell, you’ve been tense the last couple of days. You nervous about the game this Friday?”

John shook his head. The first game after classes started back at their college wasn’t that big of a deal. He was varsity, and a quarterback. He’d played good for the past six years, here and in his high school.

No. The nervousness stemmed from something else entirely.

Ronan nodded his head to the closed doorway. “What about that girl from next door? Tara?”

“Her name’s Teyla, and no,” he denied, pointing a finger at his roommate, “it’s not her.”

“The other one? The book nerd who’s always wearing red?”

“Not always,” John replied lightly, and right then he knew he had been caught.

Damn.

“Look, Shep, if you like her so much, why don’t you ask her out?”

He ran a hand through the eccentric hair that everybody knew him for. “It’s not that easy.”

“’Hi, wanna grab dinner? Maybe a movie? And my roommate’s out, so we can go back to my place and--’”

“Ronan!”

He shrugged. “You can phrase it however you like. But all I’m saying is, you had her in three classes last semester, and now she lives next door. I think somebody’s trying to tell you something.”

“Look, you know I was with Nancy for a long time. And it’s … not easy for me to just move on, despite what people might say.” He pulled the black t-shirt out of his back pocket, wiped his face, then started to shake out the wrinkles. “And maybe, just maybe, I should take this last year more seriously and focus more on my classes.”

Ronan eyed him seriously. “John. How many classes do you and her have together this semester?”

John pulled the new schedule out of his other pocket. He bit his lip, then looked up. “Five.”

Ronan just shrugged and leaned back, taking another guzzle from the beer.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Elizabeth’s phone chimed as she neared her door.

Our study group met late tonight, so I won’t be back until later. I’ll try not to disturb you coming in.

She allowed herself a smirk, knowing full well that when Teyla said “study group” she actually meant Kanaan. She started searching for her keys and cursed herself for carrying so much.

The door next to her opened. “Hey, Elizabeth.”

She responded, recognizing the voice. “Hi, John, how are you?”

“Good. I’m good.”

She turned to look at him. “I hate to do this, bu--”

And one of the most glorious sights that she had ever seen greeted her.

John was standing in front of her, hair unkempt as usual, wearing a dark blue pair of jeans that looked too small for him, yet still fit him just right. His shirt was nowhere to be seen, and she spotted a stripe of brown paint across his elbow as he crossed his arms, fidgeting slightly in front of her.

“You need something?” John asked, stirring her out of her gawking.

“Umm, yeah,” she quickly replied, trying to refocus her eyes anywhere but the lean chest in front of her. “Would you mind, uh, just holding these for a minute while I find my keys?”

“Sure,” he replied, holding his arms out and taking the stack of textbooks and notebooks evenly in his arms.

“So you’re all settled?”

“Uh, yeah. Pretty much. Chewie still has to unpack all of his crap, which could be never. But my room -- uh, dorm is about as nice as it’s gonna be.”

She nodded as she bounced her bag, hoping to stir the occupants. “Good.”

“Yeah,” he drawled out.

She finally found her key, and just then John said, “So, I know it’s kinda sudden, and you don’t have to say yes, but do you wanna grab dinner? Or something?”

Elizabeth almost dropped her bag as she turned to stare at him. Did he really just ask her out?

“What did you say?” she asked, sounding startled but she quickly realized it came off as condescending as he started backing out.

“No big deal, just seeing if you were hungry, that’s all,” he quickly defended.

She pressed a finger to his lips, shutting him up. His hazel eyes looked curiously at her finger, then jumped up and regarded her with a frown.

Elizabeth couldn’t help but smile. “I’ve been waiting on you to ask me out for the past year.”

As she pulled her finger away, a goofy grin spread across his face. “Really?”

She nodded, then turned the key in her lock. “Tonight?”

“Yeah, just let me clean up. Say, twenty minutes?”

“That sounds wonderful.”

He grinned again, then nodded at the stack of books. “Should I?”

“Do you mind?”

He shook his head.

She pushed the door open enough for him to walk through, and briefly considered the thought of locking it behind him and pushing him onto the sofa.

Apparently, she took too long.

He leaned over, setting the books down on her espresso coffee table, then stood and moved back towards the door. “So I’ll just knock. In twenty minutes.”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

They heard a knock through the wall. Elizabeth stifled a laugh while John groaned and stuck his head in the hallway. “What?!”

“Ask her if this poster looks like it’s hung right.”

Comment

Shep painting
          sigpic

Comment

Just started writing the last part for "We'll Always Have M51-936". Jose Cuervo is helping me. Want a snippet?

Warning: not for little kiddies.

Spoiler:
            Afterwards, they lay awake for the longest time.

John was spooned up against Elizabeth, holding her against him, brushing his fingertips across her hands that lay in front of her. Just when she thought he was about to fall asleep, he would lean forward and kiss the back of her neck. It was comforting, a reminder that he was still there.

Would always be there.

She wanted to turn around and talk about this, but she couldn’t summon the strength.

John seemed to sense it too. He pushed himself up a little higher and gently pulled her body around in his arms so that they could see each other, face to face.

The look in his eyes was sleepy yet content, and he smiled at her. “Get some sleep,” he said, gently pressing his lips to hers. “We’ll talk in the morning.”

She smiled against him, then rolled back over and pulled John’s arm tighter around her.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

When the sun peaked through the blinds again, Elizabeth was laying facedown on the bed, her head sideways on the pillow, watching John as he slept. Her right arm was framing her head, and she gently pulled her head up and slid her hand underneath it, giving it more height.

“Morning,” John suddenly whispered, and she narrowed her eyes at him.

“How did you know?”

“Being off world so often, it kind of becomes habit. Especially when you wake up to a village of little people staring at you.”

She laughed, and instantly she knew that his story was a lie. He only said so to make her laugh.

And right now, she didn’t mind.

He finally opened his eyes and blinked a few times, then turned his head towards her. “Hi,” he greeted again, feigning shyness.

She pressed her face into her arm, truly feeling the same way. “Hi.”

“How’d you sleep?”

“Mmm. Wonderful.”

“That’s good,” he evenly replied. Then he frowned at her. “On a scale of one to ten, how did I do?”

She burst out laughing and buried her face in the pillow.

And that's just from the last fifteen minutes or so. Who knows what I could accomplish tonight?!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Shep painting
              *glomps*

OMG, ROFL, BBQ ... and any others you wanna add! That is priceless!

*giggles insanely*

Comment

*yawns* Time to get some sleep!

See everybody tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  That always boggled my mind cause weren't we to assume it was an Ancient gene thing? Jumpers are useles to the Wraith. I mean, did he receive the inoculation to operate Ancient technology. He didn't get the shot in Hot Zone cause that was mentioned.

Meh... I don't know.
                  My guess is Ford got the shot off screen like Everett. Like lots of other things we wen't supposed to wonder about.
                  Last edited by mandogater; 10 June 2012, 09:19 PM.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Just started writing the last part for "We'll Always Have M51-936". Jose Cuervo is helping me. Want a snippet?

Spoiler:

John was spooned up against Elizabeth, holding her against him, brushing his fingertips across her hands that lay in front of her. Just when she thought he was about to fall asleep, he would lean forward and kiss the back of her neck. It was comforting, a reminder that he was still there.

Would always be there.

She wanted to turn around and talk about this, but she couldn’t summon the strength.

John seemed to sense it too. He pushed himself up a little higher and gently pulled her body around in his arms so that they could see each other, face to face.

The look in his eyes was sleepy yet content, and he smiled at her. “Get some sleep,” he said, gently pressing his lips to hers. “We’ll talk in the morning.”

She smiled against him, then rolled back over and pulled John’s arm tighter around her.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

When the sun peaked through the blinds again, Elizabeth was laying facedown on the bed, her head sideways on the pillow, watching John as he slept. Her right arm was framing her head, and she gently pulled her head up and slid her hand underneath it, giving it more height.

“How did you know?”

“Being off world so often, it kind of becomes habit. Especially when you wake up to a village of little people staring at you.”

She laughed, and instantly she knew that his story was a lie. He only said so to make her laugh.

He finally opened his eyes and blinked a few times, then turned his head towards her. “Hi,” he greeted again, feigning shyness.

“How’d you sleep?”

“Mmm. Wonderful.”

“That’s good,” he evenly replied. Then he frowned at her. “On a scale of one to ten, how did I do?”

And that's just from the last fifteen minutes or so. Who knows what I could accomplish tonight?!
                    SW, I think you should drink more often while writing.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

<snip>
                      sigpic

Comment

Shep painting
                        Heeheehee! So cute!

Spoiler:

Would always be there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“How did you know?”

“How’d you sleep?”

“Mmm. Wonderful.”

O. M. G.

*flails and squees and runs around in circles and flails and squees some more*

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        This!

*falls out of chair* Holy moly! That's brilliant!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So I finished my oneshot, but it's more cracky than anything. Which is fine, considering I drank a margarita while I wrote this. *dances around my room*

Setting: John and Ronan are college roommates, who have just moved into a new dorm for their last year. Their new neighbors are hot. *shakes head* Oh Lordy. I've been giggling the entire time I wrote this. We'll see how good it is!

[snippage for space]
                          Shirtless John painting! You hit all the right notes with the poster and Ronon banter and Kanaan and most of all the shirt stuck in the back pocket. Joe tends to do that. In Chicago he had taken off his sweater and stuffed it in his back pocket so it was like he had a tail.

So perfect. I love how you are illustrating our craziness.

Spoiler:

Would always be there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“How did you know?”

“How’d you sleep?”

“Mmm. Wonderful.”

Flailyflailflail! You need to always drink when you write.

I can't even. What a great way to start the day.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            O. M. G.

*flails and squees and runs around in circles and flails and squees some more*

This!
                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Shirtless John painting! You hit all the right notes with the poster and Ronon banter and Kanaan and most of all the shirt stuck in the back pocket. Joe tends to do that. In Chicago he had taken off his sweater and stuffed it in his back pocket so it was like he had a tail.

Flailyflailflail! You need to always drink when you write.
                            *laughs maniacally* Haha, thank you all! Gotta say, that was a pretty fun night I had last night ... until I got woken up this morning to do the Insanity workout. That is how Mom and I are losing weight for sister's wedding. *winces and rubs neck*

*insert smilie bowing down to Nolamom*

That is so ... just ... guh! *snurches*

So. My first actual day off with nothing on the agenda except a doctor appointment later. What to do, what to do ... *eyes margarita in fridge*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              That always boggled my mind cause weren't we to assume it was an Ancient gene thing? Jumpers are useles to the Wraith. I mean, did he receive the inoculation to operate Ancient technology. He didn't get the shot in Hot Zone cause that was mentioned.

Meh... I don't know.
                              I guess it will remain one of Atlantis many, many, many mysteries because like you said the wraith can’t use ancient technology including the jumpers (which we see in ‘Submersion’ among others).

Spoiler:
                              John hammered the last nail into the light brown wall, then securely hung the back of the Johnny Cash poster frame on it. Hanging the Man in Black always marked the end of any move. Wiping his forehead against the back of his hand, he stood back and eyed the poster.

"Hey buddy," he called behind him without his eyes leaving the wall, "does this look straight to you?"

John heard a slight crash and winced. "Lamp?" he called out, anxiously.

"Bookcase," was Ronan's deep reply as he entered the living room. He cocked his head sideways, grunted, then turned away. "Looks fine," he replied as he walked to the kitchen, awkwardly avoiding the moving boxes that were stacked up next to the island.

John turned and frowned. “You didn’t even look at it, did you?”

“Sheppard, we are not roommates so I can tell you if you hung your picture right, or if that dress looks cute on you.” He opened the fridge and pulled out a beer, using the hem of his shirt to twist the cap off.

“I’m not -- are you calling me a girl?”

Ronan shrugged as he collapsed onto the sofa. “If the bra fits.”

John gritted his teeth, and then loosened a little when he saw Ronan laugh.

“Hell, you’ve been tense the last couple of days. You nervous about the game this Friday?”

John shook his head. The first game after classes started back at their college wasn’t that big of a deal. He was varsity, and a quarterback. He’d played good for the past six years, here and in his high school.

No. The nervousness stemmed from something else entirely.

Ronan nodded his head to the closed doorway. “What about that girl from next door? Tara?”

“Her name’s Teyla, and no,” he denied, pointing a finger at his roommate, “it’s not her.”

“The other one? The book nerd who’s always wearing red?”

“Not always,” John replied lightly, and right then he knew he had been caught.

Damn.

“Look, Shep, if you like her so much, why don’t you ask her out?”

He ran a hand through the eccentric hair that everybody knew him for. “It’s not that easy.”

“’Hi, wanna grab dinner? Maybe a movie? And my roommate’s out, so we can go back to my place and--’”

“Ronan!”

He shrugged. “You can phrase it however you like. But all I’m saying is, you had her in three classes last semester, and now she lives next door. I think somebody’s trying to tell you something.”

“Look, you know I was with Nancy for a long time. And it’s … not easy for me to just move on, despite what people might say.” He pulled the black t-shirt out of his back pocket, wiped his face, then started to shake out the wrinkles. “And maybe, just maybe, I should take this last year more seriously and focus more on my classes.”

Ronan eyed him seriously. “John. How many classes do you and her have together this semester?”

John pulled the new schedule out of his other pocket. He bit his lip, then looked up. “Five.”

Ronan just shrugged and leaned back, taking another guzzle from the beer.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Elizabeth’s phone chimed as she neared her door.

Our study group met late tonight, so I won’t be back until later. I’ll try not to disturb you coming in.

She allowed herself a smirk, knowing full well that when Teyla said “study group” she actually meant Kanaan. She started searching for her keys and cursed herself for carrying so much.

The door next to her opened. “Hey, Elizabeth.”

She responded, recognizing the voice. “Hi, John, how are you?”

“Good. I’m good.”

She turned to look at him. “I hate to do this, bu--”

And one of the most glorious sights that she had ever seen greeted her.

John was standing in front of her, hair unkempt as usual, wearing a dark blue pair of jeans that looked too small for him, yet still fit him just right. His shirt was nowhere to be seen, and she spotted a stripe of brown paint across his elbow as he crossed his arms, fidgeting slightly in front of her.

“You need something?” John asked, stirring her out of her gawking.

“Umm, yeah,” she quickly replied, trying to refocus her eyes anywhere but the lean chest in front of her. “Would you mind, uh, just holding these for a minute while I find my keys?”

“Sure,” he replied, holding his arms out and taking the stack of textbooks and notebooks evenly in his arms.

“So you’re all settled?”

“Uh, yeah. Pretty much. Chewie still has to unpack all of his crap, which could be never. But my room -- uh, dorm is about as nice as it’s gonna be.”

She nodded as she bounced her bag, hoping to stir the occupants. “Good.”

“Yeah,” he drawled out.

She finally found her key, and just then John said, “So, I know it’s kinda sudden, and you don’t have to say yes, but do you wanna grab dinner? Or something?”

Elizabeth almost dropped her bag as she turned to stare at him. Did he really just ask her out?

“What did you say?” she asked, sounding startled but she quickly realized it came off as condescending as he started backing out.

“No big deal, just seeing if you were hungry, that’s all,” he quickly defended.

She pressed a finger to his lips, shutting him up. His hazel eyes looked curiously at her finger, then jumped up and regarded her with a frown.

Elizabeth couldn’t help but smile. “I’ve been waiting on you to ask me out for the past year.”

As she pulled her finger away, a goofy grin spread across his face. “Really?”

She nodded, then turned the key in her lock. “Tonight?”

“Yeah, just let me clean up. Say, twenty minutes?”

“That sounds wonderful.”

He grinned again, then nodded at the stack of books. “Should I?”

“Do you mind?”

He shook his head.

She pushed the door open enough for him to walk through, and briefly considered the thought of locking it behind him and pushing him onto the sofa.

Apparently, she took too long.

He leaned over, setting the books down on her espresso coffee table, then stood and moved back towards the door. “So I’ll just knock. In twenty minutes.”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

They heard a knock through the wall. Elizabeth stifled a laugh while John groaned and stuck his head in the hallway. “What?!”

“Ask her if this poster looks like it’s hung right.”
                              I loved it SW, it was really sweet and hysterical…not to mention the mental images it created.

Spoiler:

Would always be there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“How did you know?”

“How’d you sleep?”

“Mmm. Wonderful.”

Another great part of the fic, I loved it and in a way it’s so them even in cannon and by that I mean that it fits in with all those other little sweet moments that the two of them shared and that obviously meant a lot to both of them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'wagging his tail,' doesn't it?

*laughs maniacally* Haha, thank you all! Gotta say, that was a pretty fun night I had last night ... until I got woken up this morning to do the Insanity workout. That is how Mom and I are losing weight for sister's wedding. *winces and rubs neck*
                                Ouch! Um, I think I'll stick to after-dinner walks.

So. My first actual day off with nothing on the agenda except a doctor appointment later. What to do, what to do ... *eyes margarita in fridge*
                                I'd wait until after the doctor appointment.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                I guess it will remain one of Atlantis many, many, many mysteries because like you said the wraith can’t use ancient technology including the jumpers (which we see in ‘Submersion’ among others).
                                TPTW tried to explain away Ford being able to use a jumper by saying the jumper was able to run on automatic to go through the gate once he had dialed a gate address on the jumper's DHD. That is kind of backed up by Rodney's line in the episode about how he can't shut down the gate because the jumper is in control. I'm not entirely sure I agree with TPTW's explanation, but it's all we've got...

Comment

Working...
                                X