X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm - what do you think?
    sigpic

Comment

Ok I'm NEVER gonna catch up on all these pages. SR - are you collecting these cafeteria lady stories somewhere? *angelic face*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Congrats on scoring those tickets, mandogater! Hope you have a great time!

Oh CL, I love you so! *squees* That was so sweet of Lorne to paint that picture for her, and how very fortuitous that he included Lizzeh. Yay! Teal'c smiling... so cute! And how adorable is Jack, snagging some cake.

And on that note... I'm hungry. LOL! Off to lunch!
        Thanks and CL thanks you also.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        OMG, that is perfect. I am so snatching that. I should make it my avatar.
        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Ok I'm NEVER gonna catch up on all these pages. SR - are you collecting these cafeteria lady stories somewhere? *angelic face*
        Ummm, so far on my computer only. I guess tomorrow I'll have to put them on Command Dynamics.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Okay, I gave her something to do - what do you want for lunch?
          sigpic

Comment

SW and SR will the Chief CL be appearing in Iron Chef Atlantis? That would be made of culinary awesome. And does the CL do birthday meals? Tomorrow is yours truly's; I do enjoy a good chili and cornbread!

My own fic is slowing down. Trying to write a Teyla chapter. I like Teyla but I always have trouble writing her. There's not a lot of gals on Atlantis and I don't want to have Keller be the only female perspective. I'm using rotating focus characters (Yes, I'm ripping George RR Martin, I know) for a change. I think it will be great for battles and fight scenes I have planned.

Random OT
            Spoiler:
            going to have my chest tattoo finished Thursday. I would like to have some arm work done before the con. Trying to decide between the big orange Tennessee "T" (Ma's side) and a Chicago flag (Pa's side) design as part of a sleeve, an American flag design with Rosie Riveter and "Made in the USA from imported materials" script or the Stark direwolf with the sigils of the Lannisters, Greyjoys, Baratheons, Tyrells, and Martells for deltoid work.
            Last edited by pkprd869; 05 June 2012, 06:29 PM.
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Ummm, so far on my computer only. I guess tomorrow I'll have to put them on Command Dynamics.
              I'll love you forever and always!

Comment

Okay then, CL is ready to tell us some more of what she thinks. Maybe this time we'll see her snarky side.

Spoiler:
                Cafeteria Lady Speaks Her Mind

One of the Airmen came to me this morning whining about getting his feelings hurt by Doctor McKay. Now I know he hasn’t been around here very long, but I also know that this job beats washing dishes in a dining hall in North Dakota. I told him so in no uncertain terms, which didn’t please him much. He said Yes Ma’am and went back to work, but not before I chewed his ass for Ma’aming an NCO. Call me Chief Master Sergeant or just Chief, but you don’t have to Ma’am anybody around here except officers and Doctor Weir. It’s like my old drill instructor always said, Don’t call me ‘Sir’, I work for a living.

Some of these kids forget they’re in another galaxy after a while. I will admit that Doctor McKay takes some getting used to, but considering the pressure he’s under on a daily basis, we’re lucky he doesn’t bite more heads off. Just give him some of that blue jello. He’ll calm right down and forget what he was yelling at you for.

Once you learn to overlook the eccentric element to most of the scientists, you find out that they’re just like everybody else. They all appreciate being treated with kindness and respect and all love a good meal. The only person I never did develop a tolerance for was that Doctor Kavanaugh. The first time I ever laid eyes on him I wanted to grab him by that scrawny little ponytail and give it a snip with my kitchen shears. Never could tolerate long hair on a grown man, well, except maybe for Ronon. On him it somehow fits, and since he’s from another galaxy, I give him a free pass.

Kavanaugh was just a mean little SOB, and as far as I could tell, nobody could much stand him. He went down the food line with his nose in the air like he was expecting to be served gourmet grub on a silver platter. I was tempted to do something naughty to him a number of times. Thankfully, I managed to restrain my natural instincts. Now he’s gone and good riddance I say.

As the highest ranking NCO on this base, I get to handle a lot of disciplinary issues that I’d just as soon pass on to someone else. A lot of it is petty stuff that we don’t want to bother Major Lorne or the Colonel with, so I put on my big girl panties and deal with it. However, it does not improve my mood when I have to brace some Airman in the hallway and yell in his face. But I do it when it’s called for. Even those big strapping Marines have learned that I will do the same for them, even if I have to stand on a step stool to do it.

I learned how to deal with people working in my parents’ restaurant back in Alabama. If you can handle hungry families and crowds of college kids at the same time without a fist fight breaking out, you can do most anything. I always knew I wanted to run my own kitchen someday, and I loved seeing those crisp uniforms on the service men and women that came to eat with us. So it was natural that I would put the two together. After I finished my Associates degree in Hospitality Management with a side serving of Culinary Arts, I looked around for something to do with the rest of my life. I knew I wasn’t cut out to shoot at folks, but I sure could feed those who were.

Many years later and by a roundabout path, I ended up in the lost city of Atlantis, not to say that I didn’t enjoy my years at the SGC. The only thing I minded about that job was being way down there under the ground so far you sometimes wondered if that elevator was ever going to stop. Here in Atlantis, being able to walk into my dining hall and see the sky and the sea all around us is a treat indeed.

What I really like is when some of my old friends drop by for a visit. Teal’c was here a few years ago, and I made sure we had plenty of tater tots on the menu. He just looked up at me and nodded like he was the happiest man in the place. I could swear he smiled a little bit.

General O’Neill came by when we were moving back in after that unfortunate situation with the Ancients throwing us out of our own home just to tell me he was glad I was here. I told him not to worry his mind for one minute. No stuck up bunch of people who wouldn’t even have a city to come home to if it wasn’t for us were going to keep me away. He grabbed a piece of my chocolate chip cake on the way out and told me to keep up the good work. I must have stood there grinning for five minutes before I was able to get my mind back on the task at hand.

Having Colonel Carter here for a time was nice, but somehow the fact that she replaced Doctor Weir never set right with me. Granted, I think the world of the Colonel. She’s one of the nicest people you ever want to meet. But every time I went into the office and saw her sitting in Doctor Weir’s chair, I just got a tightness in my chest that didn’t want to go away. I could tell Colonel Sheppard felt the same way, though he never let it show in front of the other Colonel. He’s way too much of a gentleman and a good officer to let his personal feelings interfere with his relationship with a superior. We all made Colonel Carter welcome the best we could and didn’t hold it against her that Doctor Weir was gone, but somehow it just never felt right.

I was happy to make sure we had enough of the foods she liked best when Colonel Carter came down to eat, and sometimes I even served her myself. I noticed that she seemed to prefer dining with Colonel Sheppard’s team. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that she already knew Doctor McKay from back in the earlier days, but I never asked any questions.

That balcony off the dining hall is a really pleasant place to eat on a nice day, and I was tickled pink when I saw Major Lorne painting a picture of it. I gave him a nice compliment, and you could have knocked me over with a feather when he presented the finished product to me as a present. He waited with a big grin on his face to see what I thought, and when I took a close look, I couldn’t help but give him a big old hug around the neck. He had painted in Colonel Sheppard’s team having a meal and right there, sitting beside the Colonel and smiling, was Doctor Weir. I would have given anything to see that happen in real life, and now that we have her back, my dream has become a reality.

Now it’s time for me to get some sleep. I have to be up early because the Daedalus is due in sometime tomorrow morning. It looks like I’ve started reminiscing and can’t find a good stopping place. I think I’ll just continue to get my thoughts down so that, if I ever do leave this place, my replacement will be able to understand what he or she is getting into.
                Wonderful, SR!! I'm starting to love CL more and more!!
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Congrats on scoring those tickets, mandogater! Hope you have a great time!
                  Thanks, SK! If things go like the last time I went it will be fun. Hopefully I'll get to take my picture with the Stanley Cup again or maybe meet Mario, Sid or Geno.
                  When the draft was in Columbus a couple years ago, I went with my sister and a mutual friend of ours. This year its where our friend lives, Pittsburgh, and she was adament we get tickets to go again.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ady_Serves.gif
                    Eeeeeee! Those are crazy cute!

Yup, those stories definitely need to be reposted! They're just too fun not to share!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                    SW and SR will the Chief CL be appearing in Iron Chef Atlantis? That would be made of culinary awesome. And does the CL do birthday meals? Tomorrow is yours truly's; I do enjoy a good chili and cornbread!
                    Happy (Early) Birthday, pk! Hope you have a great day!

Mmmm, chili and cornbread...

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Thanks, SK! If things go like the last time I went it will be fun. Hopefully I'll get to take my picture with the Stanley Cup again or maybe meet Mario, Sid or Geno.
                    When the draft was in Columbus a couple years ago, I went with my sister and a mutual friend of ours. This year its where our friend lives, Pittsburgh, and she was adament we get tickets to go again.
                    Sounds awesome!

And it's bedtime for this little kitty! See you all tomorrow! *waves*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ady_Serves.gif
                      You are suddenly my new best friend. I love it. She looks ready to cook up a storm.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post

My own fic is slowing down. Trying to write a Teyla chapter. I like Teyla but I always have trouble writing her. There's not a lot of gals on Atlantis and I don't want to have Keller be the only female perspective. I'm using rotating focus characters (Yes, I'm ripping George RR Martin, I know) for a change. I think it will be great for battles and fight scenes I have planned.

Random OT
                      Spoiler:
                      going to have my chest tattoo finished Thursday. I would like to have some arm work done before the con. Trying to decide between the big orange Tennessee "T" (Ma's side) and a Chicago flag (Pa's side) design as part of a sleeve, an American flag design with Rosie Riveter and "Made in the USA from imported materials" script or the Stark direwolf with the sigils of the Lannisters, Greyjoys, Baratheons, Tyrells, and Martells for deltoid work.
                      CL would indeed make you whatever kind of birthday lunch you want. Her cornbread will melt in your mouth. I don't know about Iron Chef. I'm thinking she likes to watch it and yell at everybody but wouldn't find it something she would enjoy doing. She likes to take her time and plan meals, then execute her plan with precision. You don't even want to get in her way when she's being creative.

Now, about those tats. I'm putting on my stern disapproving face. You've found one of my hot spots. I know you young people think they are attractive, but you need to do some research on the dangers. End of lecture.

I'll probably also stick them up on my LJ. I'm going shopping for a new summer purse this morning and maybe some shoes, so it will be sometime this afternoon.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Wonderful, SR!! I'm starting to love CL more and more!!
                      Thanks. She does kind of grow on a person, doesn't she?
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And... I've got nothing. Going on a little shopping expedition in a bit, then I've got a certain fandom project gnawing on my leg that wants me to play with it when I get home. So, I'll see you all later! *waves*
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And exam 1 - digital painting - is done... next week monday exam 2 - animation. I'm glad I'm down 1 of 2.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And... I've got nothing. Going on a little shopping expedition in a bit, then I've got a certain fandom project gnawing on my leg that wants me to play with it when I get home. So, I'll see you all later! *waves*
                            If that fandom project is what I think it is, a lot of fans are gonna be excited real soon. *winks*

My own shopping expedition went great, got a super summer purse and 2 pairs of shoes. Thanks T J Maxx.

And the CL stories are up at my LJ.
                            sigpic

Comment

If that fandom project is what I think it is, a lot of fans are gonna be excited real soon. *winks*
                              Why yes, yes it is. *bounces in seat*

My own shopping expedition went great, got a super summer purse and 2 pairs of shoes. Thanks T J Maxx.
                              Sadly, I had to put off my shopping expedition until Saturday. But hey, more time today to play with fandom stuff!

And the CL stories are up at my LJ.
                              Excellent!

Comment

sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X