No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-minus 2 hours and 30 minutes to The Siege, Part 2!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Looks like I'm in good writing company then...
    No better place to be!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    *smirk* Of course I will! This is true love. Do you think this happens everyday?

*inserts shameless self promo pic*

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...s/sparky-1.png

Hmm, that reminds me. I have an "Atlantis does 'The Princess Bride'" fic that I need to finish. Did I ever post a snippet here? Cause it's freakin' hilarious!
    Don't remember if you ever posted a snippet, but that sounds like crazy fun! You definitely need to finish that one!

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
    Hi! Sharing.... I made some caps from the interview with Joe at Fedcon here

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...con2112217.jpg
    Those are awesome! Thanks for the share!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      CL parts 1 and 2 only marinated for a couple of days. Hmm, maybe there's a lesson there because that's the best received fic I've done in a long time.
      Hmm. I love CL fics. It's a departure from the normal "going on missions/eye!sex/closet!sex" fics that I usually see. Which is probably one of the reasons it's so cool.

Talking about CL makes me want chocolate cream pie.

*flails* Just a few I see. Thanks for those. When I watched those clips I was thinking how mighty fine he looked. That must have been done early in the morning considering the smooth face. LOL
      And where, oh pray tell, are these clips??? I'll have to watch them later, cause I gotta get soon ...

Comment

I'll move this up on my to-do list, but here's what I have so far of the fic I titled, "The Man in Black." Apt for oh so many reasons.

Spoiler:
        As John’s team sat around the tables in the conference room, Rodney McKay motioned to the screen. “It’s an uninhabited planet. We detected traces of Ancient technology about two kilometers from the ‘Gate, but it appears to be inert. Still worth checking out.”

Sheppard rolled his eyes. “You forgot the other part, McKay.”

Rodney turned and gave John an irritated glare. “Thank you, Sheppard, yes, I was just getting to that.” He clicked on the remote, which changed the view from the air probe they had sent through.

Elizabeth Weir scooted forward in her chair. “Is that what I think it is?” she asked, eyebrows raised eagerly at the dim glow on the screen.

Rodney nodded happily. “Along with a rather large amount of Ancient writing on the structures, we’ve detected a faint energy source which matches the parameters of a Zed.P.M.”

“And there’s no one there to tell us we can’t have it,” Ronan added, slightly grinning.

Elizabeth looked back at John. “And you’re rearing to go?”

He shrugged, arms crossed nonchalantly. “If it’ll get Rodney off my case, of course!”

She nodded. “Gear up. John, would you wait behind for a moment?”

As everyone else stood from their chairs and left the room, John didn’t move a muscle. He sat contentedly in his chair, watching the doors closed as Elizabeth stood from her seat at the head of the table. She stretched her arms over her head, raising the edge of her shirt ever so slightly to bare the skin underneath.

John almost grinned, then brought his mind back to business.

“Elizabeth.”

“Hmm?” she murmured, turning to look at him as her arms dropped to her sides.

“You wanna come.” It wasn’t a question. It was a statement. John knew it was true.

She had been confined to her office so often that she barely made it to the mess for coffee in the mornings, sometimes. It became his habit to start bringing it to her. She needed to escape for a while. Get out of the city. Do something fun and exciting.

Even if it meant going off world with McKay.

But he had seen how her eyes lit up when she saw the streaming footage of all the Ancient writing on the walls. She was quickly becoming proficient at reading, understanding, translating the scribbles. John imagined that her understanding probably was comparable to Daniel Jackson’s.

But he’d prefer Elizabeth explaining it all to him anytime. Even if he wasn’t listening.

And now, her eyes were aglow again. “Yes. I do want to go. But--”

“No buts, you’re coming,” John decided confidently as he stretched his legs, arising from his seat down the table. “It’s a safe planet, you’ve been cooped up in the city for too long. You need a day trip.”

She cringed slightly. “You make it sound as though I live in a retirement community, John.”

“Well, sometimes, it seems that way,” he told her honestly as his legs rebelled and kept walking, placing him in front of her. “I‘ve been keeping a close eye on you. Elizabeth. Take a break. Don’t feel guilty about leaving for a few hours. Everyone understands, believe me. It’ll do you some good.”

“But if something--”

“Ah, ah, ah!” he cut her off, holding a finger to her lips. He awkwardly held it there longer than need be, then drew his arm back, letting it hang at his side before he reminded her, “Lorne’s got a good head on his shoulders. He can take care of Atlantis for a bit. And if anything happens, we’re only a Jumper ride away. All right?”

He stared at her until she matched his gaze, nodding her agreement. “All right.”

He smirked, inserting his hands into his pockets to keep himself from fidgeting in nervous delight. “Good. Now go grab whatever you wanna bring, we leave in a half hour.”

She smiled. “Yes, sir.”

---------------------------------------------------

Later that day …

“I didn’t know it was already April Fools Day.”

John Sheppard glanced around at the motley crew that surrounded him. Elizabeth, Rodney, Teyla, Ronan, and Carson all stood around him, dressed in what was definitely not their Expedition clothing.

As for himself, he was dressed in all black. A sword hung at his side, the mask tucked into a pocket as it started irritating him. The puffy sleeves on him and the other guys amused him greatly. He looked down at the black boots he was wearing, surprised at how comfortable they were.

It would have appeared that they had time traveled back to a Renaissance fair, or something of the sort, until he looked closely at Elizabeth. The red cloak that she wore resembled her daily clothes, but as he stared at it more intently, the light bulb exploded in his head. I’ve seen that before.

“Oh, crap,” he muttered as he moved closer, holding a hand out to tug at her red sleeve.

“John, what is it?” she asked him as he reached a hand through his hair, silently thankful that it was its normal length.

“The clothes, the mask … I think I know where we are.”

“Yeah, at a Shakespeare festival gone wrong,” Rodney groused quietly.

“Close, but so far away.”

“Colonel, why do I look like one of Robin Hood’s Merry bloody Men?” Carson complained, tugging at the tunic that he wore.

“Because … this is ‘The Princess Bride‘.”

Teyla glanced around. “I thought that was a movie that you showed us,” she questioned, wearing a dress similar to Elizabeth’s but feeling awkward from the unknown circumstances.

“It is. And a book, which is where the movie is based from,” John replied without any effort, taking in the rest of their surroundings in shock.

“Sheppard, what’s going on?”

John turned around and looked at Ronan Dex, who seemed strangely calm in the old fashioned clothing. “We’re literally living ’The Princess Bride‘. We’re all a different character.”

“Oh, come on!” Rodney moaned, turning around sharply and burying his head in his hands.

Elizabeth cast him a bemused expression. “Well, well, well. And you’re Westley, I take it?”

“I think … so. And you’re--”

“Buttercup,” she replied in sync with John, a slightly horrified expression taking over.

“So, if this is ‘The Princess Bride’, and we’re all different characters, does this mean that we have to play the part?” Rodney asked, completely stumped for once in his life.

The scenery suddenly started to change, no longer the castle square, but a small outdoor barn. Rodney’s whining faded, as did he, along with Carson, Teyla, and Ronan.

John glanced down at his outfit. The black had faded, replaced by the costume that the character had worn in the beginning of the movie.

Elizabeth’s red cloak and royal dress disappeared as well, changed to her commoner clothes as well. She swatted her skirt, dusting off some of the dirt that had accumulated, and sighed, looking back to John. “The beginning of the movie?”

“Yeah,” he affirmed, surveying the farm that they now occupied. “I guess we just play along.”

“This is going to get awkward in a few minutes.”

He shrugged. “Well, knowing where this is going, I better go get sweaty.”

Elizabeth raised a curious eyebrow at him.

Shaking his head, he grinned. “Gutter.”

“You’re the one who said it. Now go do your chores.”

He tilted his head, still grinning as he strode away. “As you wish.”

Have a great afternoon, everybody!

*zips out*

Comment

By some, you meant over 400, right?

*hugs* Thanks for sharing!
          Right

*flails* Just a few I see. Thanks for those. When I watched those clips I was thinking how mighty fine he looked. That must have been done early in the morning considering the smooth face. LOL
          Yep!Just a few Welcome!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Those are awesome! Thanks for the share!
          Welcome!
          sigpic

Comment

Of course you are! Why? Who's saying we're not good peeps? I'll spork 'em!
            No one...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello children!

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                Hello children!
                Be careful who you call children - there might be a few older than you.

Comment

Hmm. I love CL fics. It's a departure from the normal "going on missions/eye!sex/closet!sex" fics that I usually see. Which is probably one of the reasons it's so cool.

And where, oh pray tell, are these clips??? I'll have to watch them later, cause I gotta get soon ...
                  Here ya go. They were on The Flan Info on Twitter.

I'll move this up on my to-do list, but here's what I have so far of the fic I titled, "The Man in Black." Apt for oh so many reasons.

Spoiler:
                  As John’s team sat around the tables in the conference room, Rodney McKay motioned to the screen. “It’s an uninhabited planet. We detected traces of Ancient technology about two kilometers from the ‘Gate, but it appears to be inert. Still worth checking out.”

Sheppard rolled his eyes. “You forgot the other part, McKay.”

Rodney turned and gave John an irritated glare. “Thank you, Sheppard, yes, I was just getting to that.” He clicked on the remote, which changed the view from the air probe they had sent through.

Elizabeth Weir scooted forward in her chair. “Is that what I think it is?” she asked, eyebrows raised eagerly at the dim glow on the screen.

Rodney nodded happily. “Along with a rather large amount of Ancient writing on the structures, we’ve detected a faint energy source which matches the parameters of a Zed.P.M.”

“And there’s no one there to tell us we can’t have it,” Ronan added, slightly grinning.

Elizabeth looked back at John. “And you’re rearing to go?”

He shrugged, arms crossed nonchalantly. “If it’ll get Rodney off my case, of course!”

She nodded. “Gear up. John, would you wait behind for a moment?”

As everyone else stood from their chairs and left the room, John didn’t move a muscle. He sat contentedly in his chair, watching the doors closed as Elizabeth stood from her seat at the head of the table. She stretched her arms over her head, raising the edge of her shirt ever so slightly to bare the skin underneath.

John almost grinned, then brought his mind back to business.

“Elizabeth.”

“Hmm?” she murmured, turning to look at him as her arms dropped to her sides.

“You wanna come.” It wasn’t a question. It was a statement. John knew it was true.

She had been confined to her office so often that she barely made it to the mess for coffee in the mornings, sometimes. It became his habit to start bringing it to her. She needed to escape for a while. Get out of the city. Do something fun and exciting.

Even if it meant going off world with McKay.

But he had seen how her eyes lit up when she saw the streaming footage of all the Ancient writing on the walls. She was quickly becoming proficient at reading, understanding, translating the scribbles. John imagined that her understanding probably was comparable to Daniel Jackson’s.

But he’d prefer Elizabeth explaining it all to him anytime. Even if he wasn’t listening.

And now, her eyes were aglow again. “Yes. I do want to go. But--”

“No buts, you’re coming,” John decided confidently as he stretched his legs, arising from his seat down the table. “It’s a safe planet, you’ve been cooped up in the city for too long. You need a day trip.”

She cringed slightly. “You make it sound as though I live in a retirement community, John.”

“Well, sometimes, it seems that way,” he told her honestly as his legs rebelled and kept walking, placing him in front of her. “I‘ve been keeping a close eye on you. Elizabeth. Take a break. Don’t feel guilty about leaving for a few hours. Everyone understands, believe me. It’ll do you some good.”

“But if something--”

“Ah, ah, ah!” he cut her off, holding a finger to her lips. He awkwardly held it there longer than need be, then drew his arm back, letting it hang at his side before he reminded her, “Lorne’s got a good head on his shoulders. He can take care of Atlantis for a bit. And if anything happens, we’re only a Jumper ride away. All right?”

He stared at her until she matched his gaze, nodding her agreement. “All right.”

He smirked, inserting his hands into his pockets to keep himself from fidgeting in nervous delight. “Good. Now go grab whatever you wanna bring, we leave in a half hour.”

She smiled. “Yes, sir.”

---------------------------------------------------

Later that day …

“I didn’t know it was already April Fools Day.”

John Sheppard glanced around at the motley crew that surrounded him. Elizabeth, Rodney, Teyla, Ronan, and Carson all stood around him, dressed in what was definitely not their Expedition clothing.

As for himself, he was dressed in all black. A sword hung at his side, the mask tucked into a pocket as it started irritating him. The puffy sleeves on him and the other guys amused him greatly. He looked down at the black boots he was wearing, surprised at how comfortable they were.

It would have appeared that they had time traveled back to a Renaissance fair, or something of the sort, until he looked closely at Elizabeth. The red cloak that she wore resembled her daily clothes, but as he stared at it more intently, the light bulb exploded in his head. I’ve seen that before.

“Oh, crap,” he muttered as he moved closer, holding a hand out to tug at her red sleeve.

“John, what is it?” she asked him as he reached a hand through his hair, silently thankful that it was its normal length.

“The clothes, the mask … I think I know where we are.”

“Yeah, at a Shakespeare festival gone wrong,” Rodney groused quietly.

“Close, but so far away.”

“Colonel, why do I look like one of Robin Hood’s Merry bloody Men?” Carson complained, tugging at the tunic that he wore.

“Because … this is ‘The Princess Bride‘.”

Teyla glanced around. “I thought that was a movie that you showed us,” she questioned, wearing a dress similar to Elizabeth’s but feeling awkward from the unknown circumstances.

“It is. And a book, which is where the movie is based from,” John replied without any effort, taking in the rest of their surroundings in shock.

“Sheppard, what’s going on?”

John turned around and looked at Ronan Dex, who seemed strangely calm in the old fashioned clothing. “We’re literally living ’The Princess Bride‘. We’re all a different character.”

“Oh, come on!” Rodney moaned, turning around sharply and burying his head in his hands.

Elizabeth cast him a bemused expression. “Well, well, well. And you’re Westley, I take it?”

“I think … so. And you’re--”

“Buttercup,” she replied in sync with John, a slightly horrified expression taking over.

“So, if this is ‘The Princess Bride’, and we’re all different characters, does this mean that we have to play the part?” Rodney asked, completely stumped for once in his life.

The scenery suddenly started to change, no longer the castle square, but a small outdoor barn. Rodney’s whining faded, as did he, along with Carson, Teyla, and Ronan.

John glanced down at his outfit. The black had faded, replaced by the costume that the character had worn in the beginning of the movie.

Elizabeth’s red cloak and royal dress disappeared as well, changed to her commoner clothes as well. She swatted her skirt, dusting off some of the dirt that had accumulated, and sighed, looking back to John. “The beginning of the movie?”

“Yeah,” he affirmed, surveying the farm that they now occupied. “I guess we just play along.”

“This is going to get awkward in a few minutes.”

He shrugged. “Well, knowing where this is going, I better go get sweaty.”

Elizabeth raised a curious eyebrow at him.

Shaking his head, he grinned. “Gutter.”

“You’re the one who said it. Now go do your chores.”

He tilted his head, still grinning as he strode away. “As you wish.”

Have a great afternoon, everybody!

*zips out*
                  As you wish. Squeeees!
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

S-minus 1 hour and 10 minutes to The Siege, Part 2!

Mmmm... I'd join you for that chocolate cream pie, except that I just stuffed myself with blueberry pancakes. Now that'd be fun to see CL make!

You have GOT to finish that 'Atlantis does The Princess Bride' fic! That snippet was so adorkable! And yes, John's mind is so in the gutter.

Here ya go. They were on The Flan Info on Twitter.
                    Excellent! I must've missed that tweet.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everyone! It’s been a crazy weekend with a thousand things to do even if the weather has been terrible but I’m here now and I’ll be here for the post-a-thon in about an hour.

I love your ‘The Princess Bride’ fic SW and I hope you’ll writer more on it.
                      sigpic

Comment

*crosses Maya exam assignment Digital painting off the list*

Next I have to post my reversebang artwork... and finish my adjusted monopoly board... start a digital painting in photoshop... take bath... watch Hawaii Five-O or something... wait... am I forgetting something... oh yeah, sleep... so overrated.

Comment

*hugs Brie* I hope the weather gets better and things get less busy for you, and glad to hear you'll be taking a break to spend with us at the post-a-thon!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          *crosses Maya exam assignment Digital painting off the list*

Next I have to post my reversebang artwork... and finish my adjusted monopoly board... start a digital painting in photoshop... take bath... watch Hawaii Five-O or something... wait... am I forgetting something... oh yeah, sleep... so overrated.
                          Whoo, that's still a lot! Reminds me of the last month or so before finals during college. *shudders*

Comment

Oh, and before I forget... S-minus 30 minutes to The Siege, Part 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Oh, and before I forget... S-minus 30 minutes to The Siege, Part 2!
                              I'm all set, and just as a reminder before we get distracted, our post count is very near 121,000.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes to The Siege, Part 2!

I'm all set, and just as a reminder before we get distracted, our post count is very near 121,000.
                                Oh, that is SWEET! Way to go, Sparkies, let's keep that fire roaring!

Comment

Working...
                                X