Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
    We're in what the Ancient Egyptians called Abdju, or for the people in the morden world Abydos... Yeah that place does exist outside of Stargate take a look. And the guys I'm with are some company I can't be assed to learn the name of. As long as I get paid and can dig, I'm happy.
    I studied Archaeology for 2 years and a couple of my professors dug themselves out in Egypt on occasion. And Syria... too.
    Anyway, I thought that maybe I'd recognize a few names.

Abydos is a fun place... lots to dig.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    I'm not even sure Todd would want to face down Kate in that situation.
    He's way smarter than that.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    OMG. *covers mouth while trying not to laugh hysterically during finals*
    Oops!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

so glad tommrow marks june 1st and the start of stargate atlantis for the rewatch. been waiting for this moment for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Because when we're seeing it on our TV screens, we're in Atlantis. Or something like that.
        *does the Rodney finger snap of eureka* Yeah ... we're in the security office, watching all the security camera feeds ...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I studied Archaeology for 2 years and a couple of my professors dug themselves out in Egypt on occasion. And Syria... too.
        Anyway, I thought that maybe I'd recognize a few names.

Abydos is a fun place... lots to dig.
        That sounds like fun! And enjoy yourself, ShWeir, and post some pics if you can!

Oops!
        Eeh, no worries. It was better than sitting in a classroom for 85 minutes, just twiddling my thumbs.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        so glad tommrow marks june 1st and the start of stargate atlantis for the rewatch. been waiting for this moment for a while.
        Hey, LCJS, nice to see ya!

They're starting SGA on the GateWorld rewatch? Ooh, should I do both?

*calendar bunnies shake head and point at big red marks on calendar*

Comment

I have to go and meet with our new landlord to sign the lease and everything, but while I'm waiting, I made some new icons:

Be back in a bit. I have fic that needs postin'!

Comment

*does the Rodney finger snap of eureka* Yeah ... we're in the security office, watching all the security camera feeds ...

They're starting SGA on the GateWorld rewatch? Ooh, should I do both?

*calendar bunnies shake head and point at big red marks on calendar*
            I thought about it, but I can't do an episode a day. Too much other stuff I'm doing. *eyes fan project bunnies nervously*

I have to go and meet with our new landlord to sign the lease and everything, but while I'm waiting, I made some new icons:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...yS3-Copy-1.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...314_0787-1.jpg

Ooooh, I especially like that first one!

And yay for the new lease! Hope it works out well!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

i usually do my episode watching on fridays at 10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I don't think we ever saw Elizabeth sick, but as for bringing her food, I just happen to have a little fic all ready. As usual, I hope you all can ignore any errors. I know there must be a ton of misplaced or missing commas, but nobody around here much cares.

Spoiler:

Cafeteria Lady Remembers Memorial Day

Sometimes I can’t help but remember what things were like around here back in the early days. Just this morning I was reminded of how tense that first year could sometimes be and how lonely and alone we all were.

I was fixing to mix up a big batch of batter for my almond pound cake when I remembered that Colonel Sheppard’s team was off world and there was nobody to take Doctor Weir her breakfast. Usually, I just have one of my staff take a tray up to her office, but I glanced at the calendar and decided to go myself. We all go by the Earth calendar here in Atlantis because it gives us just a little bit more of a connection to home and grounds us somewhat. Ordinarily, we don’t celebrate holidays because, considering our international population, it would mean we’d have something going on every day. Once in a while though, I like to sneak in a little remembrance of a day or two that is special to the people I care about.

Today is Memorial Day in the USA, and I know all the military, no matter what country they were from, and especially Doctor Weir and Colonel Sheppard will appreciate being reminded.

I planned to use that almond pound cake, when I finally got it baked, to make up a big batch of red, white and blue trifles using strawberries and blueberries grown right here in our hydroponic garden. That would be enough to get everybody’s mind headed in the right direction, and in our own special ways, we could remember those who had given it all so we could remain free to explore another galaxy.

But first, I wanted to make sure the Doc had a good breakfast to help her get through the waiting for the signal that Sheppard’s team was heading home all in one piece.

I piled a bagel and some yogurt on a tray with a cup of fresh fruit and headed on up to the control room. On the way, I got to thinking about how nervous I used to be when I had to go up there and report on what we were up to down here in the kitchen.

Oh it was a time, let me tell you, right before the Wraith all came to attack us. We were getting awfully low on food, thoroughly sick of MREs, and I had to use all my imagination to get everybody fed. The Athosians were a big help, but even they couldn’t produce things like flour and coffee. I learned a lot from some of the Athosian women we brought in to teach us how to use their roughly ground grains and sweeteners, and now I don’t know how I would cook without that delicious Athosian honey.

While we were waiting for that big armada of Wraith ships to get here, Doctor Weir held meetings with all the departments to find out how they were preparing to handle what later came to be called The Siege. I have never been a fan of public speaking, so having to report under such pressure was not doing my nervous stomach a bit of good. It doesn’t seem to matter if I’m talking in front of a crowd or just one or two. I was hoping to make my report just to the Doctor and then escape, but when I walked into the conference room, there sat Colonel Sheppard all reared back in his chair like he was about to tumble sideways. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried in vain to make my pulse slow down to normal. It didn’t help that I suddenly remembered that old story about picturing your audience in their unmentionables.

One time the Colonel had bent over in the dining hall to pick up a fork he had dropped, and I got a peak at the top of the cutest little pair of pink striped boxer shorts I have ever laid eyes on. Lord have mercy, those boxers have appeared in my dreams more than a number of times since that day. But standing in front of my bosses, I knew if I let my imagination run wild, I would never manage to tell what I had come to say. Besides, by this time it was obvious to all of us that if anybody ever got a good look at the Colonel’s undies, it was likely to be Doctor Weir.

I usually changed into my Air Force uniform for meetings, but this time, with the urgency of it all, I had only had time to throw on a clean chef’s coat. The Colonel was never one to stand on ceremony anyway, so I didn’t think he’d mind that I was out of uniform. In fact sometimes I think most people around here forget that I am officially a Chief Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force. All the scientists and most of the enlisted personnel just call me by my first name. The officers and the Marines mostly call me “Chief”, which I kind of like.

As quickly as possible, I ran down the situation we were facing with diminishing food supplies. The Colonel straightened up in his chair and exchanged a few intense looks with the Doctor. Some of those who pay more attention to other people’s business than is strictly necessary call what they do “eyesex” and sometimes even a far ruder form of the word. I like to think of it as “eyeromance”, but even that is not entirely accurate because they do it right in front of all of us. It’s like they can read each other’s minds sometimes. I left them to it and went on back down to the kitchen to try to figure out how we were going to keep everybody’s energy up until the Wraith arrived to kill us.

Somehow we got through it, and now we are in a far better situation food wise. I figure my kitchen is about on the order of your average cafeteria back home, but with limited fresh food and few options for being creative. They hauled a whole bunch of equipment out here on the Daedalus, so we’re good to go in that regard. That is, we were once the engineers figured out how to make it all work.

I wanted to get Doctor Weir’s breakfast down to her this morning before she got so far into her day she couldn’t stop to enjoy it, so I hurried on down to her office. The Colonel hangs around sometimes to make sure she actually eats what he brings her, so I figured while he’s away I’d do the same. She said she liked the little fruit cup with the tiny US flag in it, and I could tell she knew what day it is.The Doc seemed to want to visit a bit, so I sat for a spell and helped her wait for the ‘gate to light up. They were right on time for once, and luckily Doctor Weir had finished her breakfast, because once the Sergeant yelled out that it was Colonel Sheppard’s IDC, she threw down her napkin and took off running down the stairs.

Seeing her face when he comes strolling back through the event horizon would brighten up anybody’s day. I still haven’t been able to stop grinning at the way they looked at each other while McKay jabbered about something and Teyla and Ronon stood there smiling and nodding at them.

Well, that’s enough daydreaming for now. It’s almost time to start serving dinner, and I want to make sure the trifles are all ready to go. That turkey sandwich the Colonel scarfed down earlier must be gone by now, and I know the rest of the team will appreciate a good hot meal after several days away. Plus, the Daedalus is just a few days out, and I have to rearrange the storeroom so it will accommodate all the new goods that are on the way. This is a busy job, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
                I'm still like 30 pages back, but I decided to read one of the infamous Cafeteria Lady stories. I already love her!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  I thought about it, but I can't do an episode a day. Too much other stuff I'm doing. *eyes fan project bunnies nervously*
                  Oh, an episode a day? Is that how they get through it so quickly? Then yeah, can't do. I'm so busy in RL that I can barely make it to the Sparky rewatch...

Ooooh, I especially like that first one!

And yay for the new lease! Hope it works out well!
                  Thanks! The first one is a manip from some promo pics from Season Three, and I played around with some of the new effects on PhotoBucket. Seeing as how I won't be able to afford PhotoShop for a while...

And lease is done! The landlord thinks my mother and I are lovely people *clears throat* so we move in the middle of next month!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I'm still like 30 pages back, but I decided to read one of the infamous Cafeteria Lady stories. I already love her!
                  We all adore CL! She's a treat!

And don't worry, we'll wait for you to catch up.

Comment

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...yS3-Copy-1.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...314_0787-1.jpg

I absolutely love those. Makes me want to break out Photoshop even though my computer hates it.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Thanks, I'm kinda partial to her myself. I have someone from TV in mind when I write her. I wonder who will figure it out first. But actually, it's probably better if everybody pictures her as they want her to be.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I absolutely love those. Makes me want to break out Photoshop even though my computer hates it.
                      Thanks!

Thanks, I'm kinda partial to her myself. I have someone from TV in mind when I write her. I wonder who will figure it out first. But actually, it's probably better if everybody pictures her as they want her to be.
                      I have my suspicions, but I don't wanna say it outloud, cause then I'll start to drawl and ... yeah.

Comment

so how many of you sparkites are going to the stargate con in chicago in august?

Comment

Okay, brainfart, need help.

Is there a specific episode during S4 where Carter tells John that they have to put "finding Elizabeth missions" on the backburner and refocus on regular missions? Or have I just read one too many fics???

Comment

Is there a specific episode during S4 where Carter tells John that they have to put "finding Elizabeth missions" on the backburner and refocus on regular missions? Or have I just read one too many fics???
                            All I remember is reunion and that scene between John and Carter. That's about it. So yeah you may have been reading too many Fics.

Comment

Thanks. It's nice to get feedback. Otherwise, it leaves you thinking what you wrote must have been pretty awful.

Yes, I think CL must have a tiny crush, but she knows where he belongs. He does seem to enjoy flirting with her though. I'm trying not to make her a Mary Sue, so I have to find her major flaw. Hmmm.
                              I'd go with the golf one, it's easy to argue because if I can play golf, then it can't be a real sport. Mind you, I play very badly, so....

Perhaps she does play golf, and can drive longer than Sheppard? Or plays poker, but only against the men? The marbled steak is actually seal, not grain-fed cattle?

You were saying...

Spoiler:
                              http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...inky_socks.jpg

And then there's also the battle cry of all battle cries:

Anti's rule!
                              Anti's rock!
                              Anyone else can eat my sock!

Ah, good times.... good times... ... times when one could still hand out red rep... Gosh, GW was such a battlefield back then. It had barely recovered from the Daniel/Jonas wars, and thrown straight into the anti-wars.

Looking back on all the manips I did... yup, good times indeed.
                              I didn't even know there had been Daniel/Jonas wars until recently. Nor was I aware of the Daniel/Sam wars. Ignorance is bliss sometimes

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_312_0418.jpg
                              Rodney: Katie said she wanted a teddy for her birthday - what do you think of this?

John: Elizabeth......

Elizabeth: I don't she was referring to that type of teddy, lovely as it is though

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                              Hello sparkies. Whew, been trying to stay cool since my AC took a dump yesterday. I think it's just the motor bearing on the fan but I had to call someone.

Dig everybody's fics. SR I think the cafeteria is pretty cool. SW I kind of picked up in the middle of your fic, but I like it. Women running the world... silly jk. I did an AU HS fic when I fist joined. It's called "Teenage Wasteland" (yes, the other title to "Baba O'Reilly" by the Who). It's over at Command Dynamics.

SK Glad I wasn't around for the anti wars. I probably would have got the heave heave-ho at some point. Or butt tons of red rep. Which reminds, me you're the first person to ever give me green rep!

Probie my homie! Please say you'll be back!!!
                              Welcome back!

Lorne earned his stripes by rescuing Sheppard. He quickly learned not to snark about it though.

Hey and welcome. I don't remember seeing you before.

Believe me, teachers hate tests because grading them is a pain. And they are just as giddy about the school year being over as you are. Maybe more.

I doubt you would have gotten thrown off the forum if some posters didn't. There were some mighty rude individuals around in those days. Some who actively hated shippers and weren't afraid to say so come to mind.
                              And some of us have gone full circle of late. I've even found myself defending some of TPTW's decisions, and certain characters. The irony of that is that in some cases I agree with some of the opinions, just not the OTT manner in which they're presented.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_311_0491.jpg
                              Elizabeth: Whoa, that one nearly got us

John: Sorry. You distracted me when you put your hand on my back

: JOHN!! Watch out!!
                              : What the...?!?

*thwack*

[audience gasps]

: Kate's going to psycho-analyze you to kingdom come.
                              : She should keep that Lemming of hers out of the jumper bay in the first place.

[lemming sliding down windshield - KO'd] ->

Thanks!

I have my suspicions, but I don't wanna say it outloud, cause then I'll start to drawl and ... yeah.
                              I have no clue. Yet.
                              Last edited by Rosehawk; 31 May 2012, 06:46 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                              sigpic

Comment

That would have been a good idea, but sadly, there was only the scene that LCJS mentioned
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X