No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*glomps JT-2 and Irish Eyes* Heya ladies, how've you been?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    So it looks like Jack and Cafeteria Lady could be good friends. She does like it when people appreciate her cooking. And she also appreciates a fine looking man.
    RAWR.

SR, that new CL ficlet is awesome! That is so sweet how she's looking after Lizzeh when John's not there to do it. And LMAO at the nearly swooning over John's boxers. Priceless!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    The men of Atlantis will be getting in food fights over her.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    I would love to see this group take on season 5. It would be like the good old days on the anti thread.
    AHAHAHAHAHAH! Quick, someone find the stinky sock pile!

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
    Hey guys, I'm about to go on a archaeolgical dig in Egypt. Hopefuly with internet access. *fingers crossed* Touch wood nothing will go wrong and I end up like this;
    Whoa! That sounds exciting! Stay safe and try not to get sunburned!

Her major flaw ... Oh, the possibilities.

She has uncontrollable flatulence. She picks her nose nonchalantly. She's had six husbands in as many years. She doesn't think football and golf are real sports. She loves clowns.

Take your pick.

Off to do something productive. In RL, that is.
    I'm voting for the clowns.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      You were saying...

Spoiler:

And then there's also the battle cry of all battle cries:

Anti's rule!
      Anti's rock!
      Anyone else can eat my sock!

Ah, good times.... good times... ... times when one could still hand out red rep... Gosh, GW was such a battlefield back then. It had barely recovered from the Daniel/Jonas wars, and thrown straight into the anti-wars.

Looking back on all the manips I did... yup, good times indeed.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        You were saying...

Spoiler:
        http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...inky_socks.jpg

Anti's rule!
        Anti's rock!
        Yay, stinky socks!

Ah, good times.... good times... ... times when one could still hand out red rep... Gosh, GW was such a battlefield back then. It had barely recovered from the Daniel/Jonas wars, and thrown straight into the anti-wars.

Good times, indeed. And that we can all look back on it with a certain fondness is the best part of all. Those who survived the anti-wars are like those on the Atlantis expedition who were there for The Siege. We gots some crazy street cred.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Those who survived the anti-wars are like those on the Atlantis expedition who were there for The Siege. We gots some crazy street cred.
          Oh hell yeah...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Her major flaw ... Oh, the possibilities.

She has uncontrollable flatulence. She picks her nose nonchalantly. She's had six husbands in as many years. She doesn't think football and golf are real sports. She loves clowns.

Take your pick.

Off to do something productive. In RL, that is.
              I'll try to work all those in.

Yay, stinky socks!

Good times, indeed. And that we can all look back on it with a certain fondness is the best part of all. Those who survived the anti-wars are like those on the Atlantis expedition who were there for The Siege. We gots some crazy street cred.
              On CL, I like the clown idea too.

And on the anti-thread, those were the days. We need t-shirts.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
              http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_312_0418.jpg
              And see right here, Cafeteria Lady is picking her nose in the kitchen.
              I think the fact that she likes clowns is scarier.
              Okay boys, I'll have a word with her. I want to ask her about all those husbands.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*glomps JT-2 and Irish Eyes* Heya ladies, how've you been?

RAWR.

SR, that new CL ficlet is awesome! That is so sweet how she's looking after Lizzeh when John's not there to do it. And LMAO at the nearly swooning over John's boxers. Priceless!
                Yeah, that little bit of mental imagery almost sent me into the gutter. Almost.

*snickers* That must've been before I joined the forum ... But it sounds fun.

I'm voting for the clowns.
                Heh. I think John would agree with you.

You were saying...

Spoiler:
                http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...inky_socks.jpg

Anti's rule!
                Anti's rock!

Yep, definitely before my time.

Yay, stinky socks!

So for those of us who transferred after the Seige (like Lorne ) how do we earn our stripes? LOL

I'll try to work all those in.

On CL, I like the clown idea too.

And on the anti-thread, those were the days. We need t-shirts.

And see right here, Cafeteria Lady is picking her nose in the kitchen.
                I think the fact that she likes clowns is scarier.
                Okay boys, I'll have a word with her. I want to ask her about all those husbands.
                Hee hee, I'm tickled!

I'm also exhausted to the point I almost fell asleep standing in the shower. But I got more fic done, so may post it tomorrow night or Thursday. I'm leaning towards Thursday, the way my calendar looks this week. There may also be a snippet from a certain AU HS fic I'm working on ... *nudges JT in the arm*

Good night!!!

Comment

Thanks for the pic, poundpuppy!

And you say there's supposed to be incriminating footage of Colonel Sheppard and myself on here?

Gimme a sec, I'll find it ... Dang it, the screen just went dead.

(That's okay. It's reflecting Elizabeth's breasts.)

*jumps in gutter*

All right, I'm in. Happy now???

Comment

I took my lappy with me Friday and worked on gifs while my students took finals why not work on a fic? I probably will take it again tomorrow - nothing so boring as watching kids take a test (which has multiple versions so they can't cheat off of each other!)
                    I just saw proof of how teachers hate tests as much as we (students) do. in the middle of my freshmen lit. final my teacher started drawing on the board. it was histerical. Thanks for putting up with us.
                    Last edited by Arya; 29 May 2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Hello sparkies. Whew, been trying to stay cool since my AC took a dump yesterday. I think it's just the motor bearing on the fan but I had to call someone.

Dig everybody's fics. SR I think the cafeteria is pretty cool. SW I kind of picked up in the middle of your fic, but I like it. Women running the world... silly jk. I did an AU HS fic when I fist joined. It's called "Teenage Wasteland" (yes, the other title to "Baba O'Reilly" by the Who). It's over at Command Dynamics.

SK Glad I wasn't around for the anti wars. I probably would have got the heave heave-ho at some point. Or butt tons of red rep. Which reminds, me you're the first person to ever give me green rep!

Probie my homie! Please say you'll be back!!!
                      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

I don't think we ever saw Elizabeth sick, but as for bringing her food, I just happen to have a little fic all ready. As usual, I hope you all can ignore any errors. I know there must be a ton of misplaced or missing commas, but nobody around here much cares.

Spoiler:

Cafeteria Lady Remembers Memorial Day

Sometimes I can’t help but remember what things were like around here back in the early days. Just this morning I was reminded of how tense that first year could sometimes be and how lonely and alone we all were.

I was fixing to mix up a big batch of batter for my almond pound cake when I remembered that Colonel Sheppard’s team was off world and there was nobody to take Doctor Weir her breakfast. Usually, I just have one of my staff take a tray up to her office, but I glanced at the calendar and decided to go myself. We all go by the Earth calendar here in Atlantis because it gives us just a little bit more of a connection to home and grounds us somewhat. Ordinarily, we don’t celebrate holidays because, considering our international population, it would mean we’d have something going on every day. Once in a while though, I like to sneak in a little remembrance of a day or two that is special to the people I care about.

Today is Memorial Day in the USA, and I know all the military, no matter what country they were from, and especially Doctor Weir and Colonel Sheppard will appreciate being reminded.

I planned to use that almond pound cake, when I finally got it baked, to make up a big batch of red, white and blue trifles using strawberries and blueberries grown right here in our hydroponic garden. That would be enough to get everybody’s mind headed in the right direction, and in our own special ways, we could remember those who had given it all so we could remain free to explore another galaxy.

But first, I wanted to make sure the Doc had a good breakfast to help her get through the waiting for the signal that Sheppard’s team was heading home all in one piece.

I piled a bagel and some yogurt on a tray with a cup of fresh fruit and headed on up to the control room. On the way, I got to thinking about how nervous I used to be when I had to go up there and report on what we were up to down here in the kitchen.

Oh it was a time, let me tell you, right before the Wraith all came to attack us. We were getting awfully low on food, thoroughly sick of MREs, and I had to use all my imagination to get everybody fed. The Athosians were a big help, but even they couldn’t produce things like flour and coffee. I learned a lot from some of the Athosian women we brought in to teach us how to use their roughly ground grains and sweeteners, and now I don’t know how I would cook without that delicious Athosian honey.

While we were waiting for that big armada of Wraith ships to get here, Doctor Weir held meetings with all the departments to find out how they were preparing to handle what later came to be called The Siege. I have never been a fan of public speaking, so having to report under such pressure was not doing my nervous stomach a bit of good. It doesn’t seem to matter if I’m talking in front of a crowd or just one or two. I was hoping to make my report just to the Doctor and then escape, but when I walked into the conference room, there sat Colonel Sheppard all reared back in his chair like he was about to tumble sideways. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried in vain to make my pulse slow down to normal. It didn’t help that I suddenly remembered that old story about picturing your audience in their unmentionables.

One time the Colonel had bent over in the dining hall to pick up a fork he had dropped, and I got a peak at the top of the cutest little pair of pink striped boxer shorts I have ever laid eyes on. Lord have mercy, those boxers have appeared in my dreams more than a number of times since that day. But standing in front of my bosses, I knew if I let my imagination run wild, I would never manage to tell what I had come to say. Besides, by this time it was obvious to all of us that if anybody ever got a good look at the Colonel’s undies, it was likely to be Doctor Weir.

I usually changed into my Air Force uniform for meetings, but this time, with the urgency of it all, I had only had time to throw on a clean chef’s coat. The Colonel was never one to stand on ceremony anyway, so I didn’t think he’d mind that I was out of uniform. In fact sometimes I think most people around here forget that I am officially a Chief Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force. All the scientists and most of the enlisted personnel just call me by my first name. The officers and the Marines mostly call me “Chief”, which I kind of like.

As quickly as possible, I ran down the situation we were facing with diminishing food supplies. The Colonel straightened up in his chair and exchanged a few intense looks with the Doctor. Some of those who pay more attention to other people’s business than is strictly necessary call what they do “eyesex” and sometimes even a far ruder form of the word. I like to think of it as “eyeromance”, but even that is not entirely accurate because they do it right in front of all of us. It’s like they can read each other’s minds sometimes. I left them to it and went on back down to the kitchen to try to figure out how we were going to keep everybody’s energy up until the Wraith arrived to kill us.

Somehow we got through it, and now we are in a far better situation food wise. I figure my kitchen is about on the order of your average cafeteria back home, but with limited fresh food and few options for being creative. They hauled a whole bunch of equipment out here on the Daedalus, so we’re good to go in that regard. That is, we were once the engineers figured out how to make it all work.

I wanted to get Doctor Weir’s breakfast down to her this morning before she got so far into her day she couldn’t stop to enjoy it, so I hurried on down to her office. The Colonel hangs around sometimes to make sure she actually eats what he brings her, so I figured while he’s away I’d do the same. She said she liked the little fruit cup with the tiny US flag in it, and I could tell she knew what day it is.The Doc seemed to want to visit a bit, so I sat for a spell and helped her wait for the ‘gate to light up. They were right on time for once, and luckily Doctor Weir had finished her breakfast, because once the Sergeant yelled out that it was Colonel Sheppard’s IDC, she threw down her napkin and took off running down the stairs.

Seeing her face when he comes strolling back through the event horizon would brighten up anybody’s day. I still haven’t been able to stop grinning at the way they looked at each other while McKay jabbered about something and Teyla and Ronon stood there smiling and nodding at them.

Well, that’s enough daydreaming for now. It’s almost time to start serving dinner, and I want to make sure the trifles are all ready to go. That turkey sandwich the Colonel scarfed down earlier must be gone by now, and I know the rest of the team will appreciate a good hot meal after several days away. Plus, the Daedalus is just a few days out, and I have to rearrange the storeroom so it will accommodate all the new goods that are on the way. This is a busy job, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
                        Please tell me this is just the second installment of a series, SR. *Does best impression of Sheppard's puppy dog eyes* I'm really starting to love your Cafeteria Lady.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                          Hey guys, I'm about to go on a archaeolgical dig in Egypt. Hopefuly with internet access. *fingers crossed* Touch wood nothing will go wrong and I end up like this;
                          Sounds like fun. Here's hoping you came back safe and sound with lots of fun stories and pics to share. You will tell us if you find a Stargate, right?
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Yeah, that little bit of mental imagery almost sent me into the gutter. Almost.

*snickers* That must've been before I joined the forum ... But it sounds fun.

Heh. I think John would agree with you.

Yep, definitely before my time.

So for those of us who transferred after the Seige (like Lorne ) how do we earn our stripes? LOL

Hee hee, I'm tickled!

I'm also exhausted to the point I almost fell asleep standing in the shower. But I got more fic done, so may post it tomorrow night or Thursday. I'm leaning towards Thursday, the way my calendar looks this week. There may also be a snippet from a certain AU HS fic I'm working on ... *nudges JT in the arm*

Good night!!!
                            Lorne earned his stripes by rescuing Sheppard. He quickly learned not to snark about it though.

Originally posted by Arya View Post
                            I just saw proof of how teachers hate tests as much as we (students) do. in the middle of my freshmen lit. final my teacher started drawing on the board. it was histerical. Thanks for putting up with us.
                            Hey and welcome. I don't remember seeing you before.

Believe me, teachers hate tests because grading them is a pain. And they are just as giddy about the school year being over as you are. Maybe more.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                            Hello sparkies. Whew, been trying to stay cool since my AC took a dump yesterday. I think it's just the motor bearing on the fan but I had to call someone.

Dig everybody's fics. SR I think the cafeteria is pretty cool. SW I kind of picked up in the middle of your fic, but I like it. Women running the world... silly jk. I did an AU HS fic when I fist joined. It's called "Teenage Wasteland" (yes, the other title to "Baba O'Reilly" by the Who). It's over at Command Dynamics.

SK Glad I wasn't around for the anti wars. I probably would have got the heave heave-ho at some point. Or butt tons of red rep. Which reminds, me you're the first person to ever give me green rep!

Probie my homie! Please say you'll be back!!!
                            I doubt you would have gotten thrown off the forum if some posters didn't. There were some mighty rude individuals around in those days. Some who actively hated shippers and weren't afraid to say so come to mind.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Please tell me this is just the second installment of a series, SR. *Does best impression of Sheppard's puppy dog eyes* I'm really starting to love your Cafeteria Lady.
                            I think it may be. I'm just waiting for more plot bunnies to attack. I have a few more ideas but need enough for a story.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Lorne earned his stripes by rescuing Sheppard. He quickly learned not to snark about it though.
                              Just like he learned to keep his mouth shut about anything he might see between Sheppard and Weir. Because what happens in Atlantis stays in Atlantis.

I think it may be. I'm just waiting for more plot bunnies to attack. I have a few more ideas but need enough for a story.
                              Yay for more Cafeteria Lady stories! I always like 'slice-of-life' type stories, where we learn about all the little things that we seem to never see in the episodes. Makes it all more real.

Comment

Hello everyone!

My internet connection shut down again so I decided to take a page from the John Sheppard Book of Computer Repair by shutting it down and starting it up again and it worked, I guess it just decided to mess with me maybe because while I’m not a fan I was bored so I watched “Breaking Dawn” yesterday and it was at that time the internet connection went down, ha, maybe my computer isn’t a fan of those movies either.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X