Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    So err... I was wondering earlier today whether the post-a-thon goes on until the end of season 5 or whether it sorta halts at the beginning of season 4?
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    As far as I am concerned, I say we go for the whole enchilada. Just imagine the snark in S5. But if that's too OT, we can just do the Elizabeth eps in S4-5.
    Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    I agree. And early Season 4 still has a lot of the John "I'm gonna find Elizabeth" vibe, and I don't call that OT.
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I'm with SR, the whole enchilada. All 100 episodes in all their snarky, angsty, whumpy, flirty, woobie glory.
    I would love to see this group take on season 5. It would be like the good old days on the anti thread.

Hmm. Is it just me or does the desk look more flimsy in this scene? I think S2 and S3 had a sturdier desk. Must have been all that desk sitting.
    I'm sure there's a logical reason why this desk had to be replaced. *beats on the plot bunny*

Nolamom, thanks for the presents and bringing Fluffy to visit! *hugs Fluffy*
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      I would love to see this group take on season 5. It would be like the good old days on the anti thread.

I'm sure there's a logical reason why this desk had to be replaced. *beats on the plot bunny*

Nolamom, thanks for the presents and bringing Fluffy to visit! *hugs Fluffy*
      *hugs Irish Eyes*

Good to see ya, hon!

Well, I did nothing productive whatsoever today. Whereas my mom packed up the entire kitchen and most of the living room. *sends self on guilt trip* We're moving middle of June ... at least, that's the plan. We'll see if it stays on track.

Night!

Comment

Okay, sharing a few more, then heading off to sleep:

Students are taking final exams this week, so I anticipate having a lot of free time during classes. My laptop is coming with. We're gonna see how many fics we can work on, and possibly finish.

Good night!

*thuds*

Comment

I took my lappy with me Friday and worked on gifs while my students took finals why not work on a fic? I probably will take it again tomorrow - nothing so boring as watching kids take a test (which has multiple versions so they can't cheat off of each other!)
          sigpic

Comment

Well, now that the Season One rewatch is drawing to a close, I guess this means I need to work on my Eye!Sex Moments of Season One video. So I'll have plenty of time to watch them. Again and again and again and again and again ...

And thanks!
            Sparky Eye/Sex vid FTW!!!!

You're welcome.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Hi everybody! Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks. How many pages do I have to catch up on? Holy crap! http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ardanime18.gif

I hope everyone is doing well!
              You're back. *tackle hugs* We've missed your wit.

I'm working on a new Cafeteria Lady fic even as we speak. Well maybe not right now as we speak, but later on today. She's reminiscing again about the early days.

*hugs Irish Eyes*

Good to see ya, hon!

Well, I did nothing productive whatsoever today. Whereas my mom packed up the entire kitchen and most of the living room. *sends self on guilt trip* We're moving middle of June ... at least, that's the plan. We'll see if it stays on track.

Night!
              The idea of moving makes me have to go sit down. We've lived in this house for 28 years and every inch of it is crammed full of stuff from the basement to the attic. Moving would require weeks of work, an estate sale and an industrial size dumpster. No, we're not hoarders, but you do accumulate a lot of crap in a lifetime. And my husband's aunt keeps passing along the crap she thinks are family heirlooms. Sigh.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                I took my lappy with me Friday and worked on gifs while my students took finals why not work on a fic? I probably will take it again tomorrow - nothing so boring as watching kids take a test (which has multiple versions so they can't cheat off of each other!)
                So you're a teacher? Awesome! It's great to bring your laptop to work this week in my district -- I'm an interpreter for the Deaf, but this week, pretty much all my student is doing is independent review and final exams. My laptop and I are taking the time to get reacquianted.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Sparky Eye/Sex vid FTW!!!!

You're welcome.
                Hahahahaha!

You're back. *tackle hugs* We've missed your wit.

I'm working on a new Cafeteria Lady fic even as we speak. Well maybe not right now as we speak, but later on today. She's reminiscing again about the early days.
                I like it when Cafeteria Lady reminisces ... also when she makes chocolate cream pie. *droolz*

The idea of moving makes me have to go sit down. We've lived in this house for 28 years and every inch of it is crammed full of stuff from the basement to the attic. Moving would require weeks of work, an estate sale and an industrial size dumpster. No, we're not hoarders, but you do accumulate a lot of crap in a lifetime. And my husband's aunt keeps passing along the crap she thinks are family heirlooms. Sigh.
                *smirk*

Due to what are usually unforeseen circumstances, my family has moved annually for the past few years. It's given us the opportunity to throw out or Goodwill unused items every year, which helps the moving process. But my sister is moving out in August, before her wedding, and my mom and I are planning on staying put for a while. I'm not really in a hurry to get out on my own, especially when half the place is literally mine. And I detest packing -- which is why my mother did so much packing yesterday and I think I packed two boxes ...
                Last edited by ShipperWriter; 29 May 2012, 07:52 AM. Reason: Can't spell ... *headshake*

Comment

Found some more smilies from myn I wanted to share.

Some John:

John's woobie!face:

And some for Elizabeth:

That last one makes me think: we saw Shep sick, during "Irresistible" when he had that cold. Did we ever see Elizabeth sick? Who do you think would've brought her food and Kleenex?

*plot bunnies cackle*

Comment

I don't think we ever saw Elizabeth sick, but as for bringing her food, I just happen to have a little fic all ready. As usual, I hope you all can ignore any errors. I know there must be a ton of misplaced or missing commas, but nobody around here much cares.

Spoiler:

Cafeteria Lady Remembers Memorial Day

Sometimes I can’t help but remember what things were like around here back in the early days. Just this morning I was reminded of how tense that first year could sometimes be and how lonely and alone we all were.

I was fixing to mix up a big batch of batter for my almond pound cake when I remembered that Colonel Sheppard’s team was off world and there was nobody to take Doctor Weir her breakfast. Usually, I just have one of my staff take a tray up to her office, but I glanced at the calendar and decided to go myself. We all go by the Earth calendar here in Atlantis because it gives us just a little bit more of a connection to home and grounds us somewhat. Ordinarily, we don’t celebrate holidays because, considering our international population, it would mean we’d have something going on every day. Once in a while though, I like to sneak in a little remembrance of a day or two that is special to the people I care about.

Today is Memorial Day in the USA, and I know all the military, no matter what country they were from, and especially Doctor Weir and Colonel Sheppard will appreciate being reminded.

I planned to use that almond pound cake, when I finally got it baked, to make up a big batch of red, white and blue trifles using strawberries and blueberries grown right here in our hydroponic garden. That would be enough to get everybody’s mind headed in the right direction, and in our own special ways, we could remember those who had given it all so we could remain free to explore another galaxy.

But first, I wanted to make sure the Doc had a good breakfast to help her get through the waiting for the signal that Sheppard’s team was heading home all in one piece.

I piled a bagel and some yogurt on a tray with a cup of fresh fruit and headed on up to the control room. On the way, I got to thinking about how nervous I used to be when I had to go up there and report on what we were up to down here in the kitchen.

Oh it was a time, let me tell you, right before the Wraith all came to attack us. We were getting awfully low on food, thoroughly sick of MREs, and I had to use all my imagination to get everybody fed. The Athosians were a big help, but even they couldn’t produce things like flour and coffee. I learned a lot from some of the Athosian women we brought in to teach us how to use their roughly ground grains and sweeteners, and now I don’t know how I would cook without that delicious Athosian honey.

While we were waiting for that big armada of Wraith ships to get here, Doctor Weir held meetings with all the departments to find out how they were preparing to handle what later came to be called The Siege. I have never been a fan of public speaking, so having to report under such pressure was not doing my nervous stomach a bit of good. It doesn’t seem to matter if I’m talking in front of a crowd or just one or two. I was hoping to make my report just to the Doctor and then escape, but when I walked into the conference room, there sat Colonel Sheppard all reared back in his chair like he was about to tumble sideways. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried in vain to make my pulse slow down to normal. It didn’t help that I suddenly remembered that old story about picturing your audience in their unmentionables.

One time the Colonel had bent over in the dining hall to pick up a fork he had dropped, and I got a peak at the top of the cutest little pair of pink striped boxer shorts I have ever laid eyes on. Lord have mercy, those boxers have appeared in my dreams more than a number of times since that day. But standing in front of my bosses, I knew if I let my imagination run wild, I would never manage to tell what I had come to say. Besides, by this time it was obvious to all of us that if anybody ever got a good look at the Colonel’s undies, it was likely to be Doctor Weir.

I usually changed into my Air Force uniform for meetings, but this time, with the urgency of it all, I had only had time to throw on a clean chef’s coat. The Colonel was never one to stand on ceremony anyway, so I didn’t think he’d mind that I was out of uniform. In fact sometimes I think most people around here forget that I am officially a Chief Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force. All the scientists and most of the enlisted personnel just call me by my first name. The officers and the Marines mostly call me “Chief”, which I kind of like.

As quickly as possible, I ran down the situation we were facing with diminishing food supplies. The Colonel straightened up in his chair and exchanged a few intense looks with the Doctor. Some of those who pay more attention to other people’s business than is strictly necessary call what they do “eyesex” and sometimes even a far ruder form of the word. I like to think of it as “eyeromance”, but even that is not entirely accurate because they do it right in front of all of us. It’s like they can read each other’s minds sometimes. I left them to it and went on back down to the kitchen to try to figure out how we were going to keep everybody’s energy up until the Wraith arrived to kill us.

Somehow we got through it, and now we are in a far better situation food wise. I figure my kitchen is about on the order of your average cafeteria back home, but with limited fresh food and few options for being creative. They hauled a whole bunch of equipment out here on the Daedalus, so we’re good to go in that regard. That is, we were once the engineers figured out how to make it all work.

I wanted to get Doctor Weir’s breakfast down to her this morning before she got so far into her day she couldn’t stop to enjoy it, so I hurried on down to her office. The Colonel hangs around sometimes to make sure she actually eats what he brings her, so I figured while he’s away I’d do the same. She said she liked the little fruit cup with the tiny US flag in it, and I could tell she knew what day it is.The Doc seemed to want to visit a bit, so I sat for a spell and helped her wait for the ‘gate to light up. They were right on time for once, and luckily Doctor Weir had finished her breakfast, because once the Sergeant yelled out that it was Colonel Sheppard’s IDC, she threw down her napkin and took off running down the stairs.

Seeing her face when he comes strolling back through the event horizon would brighten up anybody’s day. I still haven’t been able to stop grinning at the way they looked at each other while McKay jabbered about something and Teyla and Ronon stood there smiling and nodding at them.

Well, that’s enough daydreaming for now. It’s almost time to start serving dinner, and I want to make sure the trifles are all ready to go. That turkey sandwich the Colonel scarfed down earlier must be gone by now, and I know the rest of the team will appreciate a good hot meal after several days away. Plus, the Daedalus is just a few days out, and I have to rearrange the storeroom so it will accommodate all the new goods that are on the way. This is a busy job, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
                    Last edited by Southern Red; 29 May 2012, 08:16 AM. Reason: made something sound better
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, I'm about to go on a archaeolgical dig in Egypt. Hopefuly with internet access. *fingers crossed* Touch wood nothing will go wrong and I end up like this;

Comment

I don't think we ever saw Elizabeth sick, but as for bringing her food, I just happen to have a little fic all ready. As usual, I hope you all can ignore any errors. I know there must be a ton of misplaced or missing commas, but nobody around here much cares.

Spoiler:

Cafeteria Lady Remembers Memorial Day

Sometimes I can’t help but remember what things were like around here back in the early days. Just this morning I was reminded of how tense that first year could sometimes be and how lonely and alone we all were.

I was fixing to mix up a big batch of batter for my almond pound cake when I remembered that Colonel Sheppard’s team was off world and there was nobody to take Doctor Weir her breakfast. Usually, I just have one of my staff take a tray up to her office, but I glanced at the calendar and decided to go myself. We all go by the Earth calendar here in Atlantis because it gives us just a little bit more of a connection to home and grounds us somewhat. Ordinarily, we don’t celebrate holidays because, considering our international population, it would mean we’d have something going on every day. Once in a while though, I like to sneak in a little remembrance of a day or two that is special to the people I care about.

Today is Memorial Day in the USA, and I know all the military, no matter what country they were from, and especially Doctor Weir and Colonel Sheppard will appreciate being reminded.

I planned to use that almond pound cake, when I finally got it baked, to make up a big batch of red, white and blue trifles using strawberries and blueberries grown right here in our hydroponic garden. That would be enough to get everybody’s mind headed in the right direction, and in our own special ways, we could remember those who had given it all so we could remain free to explore another galaxy.

But first, I wanted to make sure the Doc had a good breakfast to help her get through the waiting for the signal that Sheppard’s team was heading home all in one piece.

I piled a bagel and some yogurt on a tray with a cup of fresh fruit and headed on up to the control room. On the way, I got to thinking about how nervous I used to be when I had to go up there and report on what we were up to down here in the kitchen.

Oh it was a time, let me tell you, right before the Wraith all came to attack us. We were getting awfully low on food, thoroughly sick of MREs, and I had to use all my imagination to get everybody fed. The Athosians were a big help, but even they couldn’t produce things like flour and coffee. I learned a lot from some of the Athosian women we brought in to teach us how to use their roughly ground grains and sweeteners, and now I don’t know how I would cook without that delicious Athosian honey.

While we were waiting for that big armada of Wraith ships to get here, Doctor Weir held meetings with all the departments to find out how they were preparing to handle what later came to be called The Siege. I have never been a fan of public speaking, so having to report under such pressure was not doing my nervous stomach a bit of good. It doesn’t seem to matter if I’m talking in front of a crowd or just one or two. I was hoping to make my report just to the Doctor and then escape, but when I walked into the conference room, there sat Colonel Sheppard all reared back in his chair like he was about to tumble sideways. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried in vain to make my pulse slow down to normal. It didn’t help that I suddenly remembered that old story about picturing your audience in their unmentionables.

One time the Colonel had bent over in the dining hall to pick up a fork he had dropped, and I got a peak at the top of the cutest little pair of pink striped boxer shorts I have ever laid eyes on. Lord have mercy, those boxers have appeared in my dreams more than a number of times since that day. But standing in front of my bosses, I knew if I let my imagination run wild, I would never manage to tell what I had come to say. Besides, by this time it was obvious to all of us that if anybody ever got a good look at the Colonel’s undies, it was likely to be Doctor Weir.

I usually changed into my Air Force uniform for meetings, but this time, with the urgency of it all, I had only had time to throw on a clean chef’s coat. The Colonel was never one to stand on ceremony anyway, so I didn’t think he’d mind that I was out of uniform. In fact sometimes I think most people around here forget that I am officially a Chief Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force. All the scientists and most of the enlisted personnel just call me by my first name. The officers and the Marines mostly call me “Chief”, which I kind of like.

As quickly as possible, I ran down the situation we were facing with diminishing food supplies. The Colonel straightened up in his chair and exchanged a few intense looks with the Doctor. Some of those who pay more attention to other people’s business than is strictly necessary call what they do “eyesex” and sometimes even a far ruder form of the word. I like to think of it as “eyeromance”, but even that is not entirely accurate because they do it right in front of all of us. It’s like they can read each other’s minds sometimes. I left them to it and went on back down to the kitchen to try to figure out how we were going to keep everybody’s energy up until the Wraith arrived to kill us.

Somehow we got through it, and now we are in a far better situation food wise. I figure my kitchen is about on the order of your average cafeteria back home, but with limited fresh food and few options for being creative. They hauled a whole bunch of equipment out here on the Daedalus, so we’re good to go in that regard. That is, we were once the engineers figured out how to make it all work.

I wanted to get Doctor Weir’s breakfast down to her this morning before she got so far into her day she couldn’t stop to enjoy it, so I hurried on down to her office. The Colonel hangs around sometimes to make sure she actually eats what he brings her, so I figured while he’s away I’d do the same. She said she liked the little fruit cup with the tiny US flag in it, and I could tell she knew what day it is.The Doc seemed to want to visit a bit, so I sat for a spell and helped her wait for the ‘gate to light up. They were right on time for once, and luckily Doctor Weir had finished her breakfast, because once the Sergeant yelled out that it was Colonel Sheppard’s IDC, she threw down her napkin and took off running down the stairs.

Seeing her face when he comes strolling back through the event horizon would brighten up anybody’s day. I still haven’t been able to stop grinning at the way they looked at each other while McKay jabbered about something and Teyla and Ronon stood there smiling and nodding at them.

Well, that’s enough daydreaming for now. It’s almost time to start serving dinner, and I want to make sure the trifles are all ready to go. That turkey sandwich the Colonel scarfed down earlier must be gone by now, and I know the rest of the team will appreciate a good hot meal after several days away. Plus, the Daedalus is just a few days out, and I have to rearrange the storeroom so it will accommodate all the new goods that are on the way. This is a busy job, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
                        Lovely!

Cracking up at the description of John's underwear. Sounds like Cafeteria Lady's got a bit of a crush on our favorite colonel? As we all do, male company excluded.

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                        Hey guys, I'm about to go on a archaeolgical dig in Egypt. Hopefuly with internet access. *fingers crossed* Touch wood nothing will go wrong and I end up like this;
                        Ooh, how exciting! Have fun, and come back with stories, not whumped!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                          That sounds amazing and so much fun, hope you’re having a good time and who knows maybe you’ll find something interesting, wasn’t the stargate first discovered in Egypt, I’m just saying you never know…
                          sigpic

Comment

Lovely!

Cracking up at the description of John's underwear. Sounds like Cafeteria Lady's got a bit of a crush on our favorite colonel? As we all do, male company excluded.

Ooh, how exciting! Have fun, and come back with stories, not whumped!
                            Thanks. It's nice to get feedback. Otherwise, it leaves you thinking what you wrote must have been pretty awful.

Yes, I think CL must have a tiny crush, but she knows where he belongs. He does seem to enjoy flirting with her though. I'm trying not to make her a Mary Sue, so I have to find her major flaw. Hmmm.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, 'bout to go to the airport. I'll look out for a Stargate!

Comment

Thanks. It's nice to get feedback. Otherwise, it leaves you thinking what you wrote must have been pretty awful.

Yes, I think CL must have a tiny crush, but she knows where he belongs. He does seem to enjoy flirting with her though. I'm trying not to make her a Mary Sue, so I have to find her major flaw. Hmmm.
                                Her major flaw ... Oh, the possibilities.

She has uncontrollable flatulence. She picks her nose nonchalantly. She's had six husbands in as many years. She doesn't think football and golf are real sports. She loves clowns.

Take your pick.

Off to do something productive. In RL, that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X