Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, weren't you a busy kitty today?!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Don't look at me. My parents sent me to Catholic schools from elementary through high school. No wonder I turned out so weird.

I think your giddy mood may be rubbing off on me. Or it's just my brain demanding its daily dose of frappuccino.
    I was giddy until I got home. Now I'm just blegh. Really wishing I'd had some Starbucks earlier ...

How curious that you should say that right before poundpuppy posted this pic (img tags pulled, 'cause, you know, the mods don't like it when we repost pics):

And just look at where John's eyes are looking.

Yeah, we know exactly where John's mind is. IN. THE. GUTTER.
    Yeah, I'm in there too! *splashes*

Okay ... my hair is spikier than normal, and Elizabeth's bre -- umm, Elizabeth is perkier than normal ... I really wish people would stop photoshopping us.

*rimshot echoes in the background*

Comment

So did part of my homework. Found a website to make GIFs from videos you already have. So let's see how this works:

I was watching "Critical Mass" earlier, by the way. Interesting sidenote: when they filmed the scene at the end where Sheppard tasered Caldwell, they used an actual taser! So Mitch Pileggi isn't needing to act in that scene. *shrugs* Part of me is admiring MP, and part of me is worried they actually let JoeF hold and use a taser.

Spoiler:

Okay, so not the best, but it's a start!
      Last edited by ShipperWriter; 24 May 2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

That sounds like a funny shot! Do you have a link where I can see it?
        I think it might be somewhere in the Elizabeth Weir-thread....

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        You'd just sit on her shoulder and gaze lovingly at her.
        As my Lemming-self, yes I would.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Some things never change, but isn't it kind of late in the year for frog dissection? You reminded me of my biology class in college. They brought in a bucket full of live frogs. We had to reach in, get one and kill it with a dissection needle. Chaos ensued. My lab partner did the deed for me. There was no way I was gonna touch that thing until it was good and dead. *shudders* I was such a girly girl about some things.
        We dissected a rabbit once - in college though. But they were already dead.

...edumacated.
        Eduma-what?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          So did part of my homework. Found a website to make GIFs from videos you already have. So let's see how this works:

I was watching "Critical Mass" earlier, by the way. Interesting sidenote: when they filmed the scene at the end where Sheppard tasered Caldwell, they used an actual taser! So Mitch Pileggi isn't needing to act in that scene. *shrugs* Part of me is admiring MP, and part of me is worried they actually let JoeF hold and use a taser.

Okay, so not the best, but it's a start!
          Good start. I tried to do those once and didn't do half that well.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Eduma-what?
          You know...full of book larning...educationarized.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Eduma-what?
            I'm gonna have to go and look for that picture!

Of course you would! 'Cause that's what Lemmings do!!! *sets out yet another saucer of sugar for the Lemming*

These frogs were already dead, if that helps. And I ran into the biology teacher after class today. She said she was done with it, she's tired of frog guts. LOL

Ed-ju-ma-kay-shun. It means yur purty smaart.

Good start. I tried to do those once and didn't do half that well.
            Thanks! I'm gonna keep researching and find a better way to do it. There aren't nearly enough Sparky GIFs floating around out there.

Comment

So a bottle of Corona later, and I have the next chapter of "M51-936"!!!

Spoiler:
              John awoke with a slight headache, and inhaled sharply.

The scent of some type of berries filled his nostrils, and when he opened his eyes, the brown hair directly in front of him caused him to frown in confusion.

Pretty sure that’s not mine.

Then the soft hand wrapped in his squeezed and he heard a soft sigh.

He blinked once, then chuckled in realization and pressed a kiss to the back of the neck that was now visible to him. “Morning,” he greeted, starting to work his way around the left side of her neck, the pale vastness opening up to him.

She turned her head with a moan, and John craned his neck as their lips finally met again.

He pulled back, and Elizabeth smiled up at him, shyly. “Good morning,” she whispered in reply, a playful smile on her lips.

John leaned down and kissed her one more time before rolling back onto his side, spooning Elizabeth as he had during the night. Their intertwined fingers rested on the small rise of her hip, and he pulled himself closer to her, breathing her in.

As the fog started to lift and the realization of last night hit him like a soft nudge in the arm, he sighed. Judging from the camisole top that Elizabeth was still wearing, and the fact he could still feel his boxers, it was safe to assume that they hadn’t actually had sex last night. He felt disappointed and relieved at the same time, and he hated himself for it. Despite his adamant disapproval of Elizabeth’s principle of “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas,” he couldn’t help but let his mind wander to when they returned back on Atlantis.

An invisible hand hit him upside the head. He was laying in bed with Elizabeth, his arms wrapped securely around her. Don’t start on what’s going to happen once you get home. You’re still here. Enjoy it.

He raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

Elizabeth finally spoke again, almost reading his thoughts. “We can’t stay in here all day, John,” she chided in a light voice, yawns threatening to drown her out.

“Mm. Sure we can. The Fa’torians aren’t gonna care. They probably encourage this sort of behavior between husbands and wives.”

Elizabeth giggled. “And what about Ronan and Teyla?”

John let out a mocking groan. “Eeh. I’ll take care of them later.”

She rolled over in his arms, letting him readjust his right arm under her waist before she settled. “I foresee a few problems with that.”

“Yeah?” he asked absentmindedly, pressing a kiss to her collarbone.

She gasped, then cleared her throat. John apparently wasn’t going to deter her, even though he was going to try his best. “They will -- ooh -- figure out where we are, sooner or later.”

“Okay,” he drew out, trailing down her skin towards fabric that just covered her breasts.

“And when Rodney gets back, someone will tell him.” She pressed her hands against his bare chest, gently forcing him to stop.

John groaned, pulling his head up. “You had to throw that in there, didn’t you?”

She shrugged, then grinned.

He cupped her cheek and kissed her again, more forcefully this time, trying to convince her to change her mind.

But when he pulled back, Elizabeth was making a face at him that was both pleading and apologetic. “I’m supposed to meet with the Council one more time this morning. We may be finished this afternoon, if everything works out.”

John grimaced, then flopped over and lay on his back. He grunted assent, then began to study the ceiling.

Elizabeth pushed the covers down and made a move to sit up, but instead of swinging her legs over the side of the bed and standing, she turned to her left and curled up in John’s side again.

When he cocked a curious eyebrow at her, she gave him one of her own. “Five more minutes.”

“Deal,” he replied, kissing her hair and wrapping his arm under her waist again. It was probably going to be numb in a matter of minutes, but he didn’t care. Nothing could phase him at this moment.

Except for the heavy knocking on the wood door.

“Sheppard!”

John’s eyes widened in worry as Ronan’s voice carried into the room. He pulled his arms back from Elizabeth and jumped out of the bed.

He opened the door just a crack, thankful that the angle shielded the bed -- and Elizabeth -- from view. “What is it?”

Ronan turned and glanced down the hallway towards the lobby. “Something’s happening. Teyla and I were downstairs, and all of a sudden, the villagers started yelling and carrying on.”

John turned and noticed Teyla standing next to Ronan. “Any idea what is it?”

Teyla shook her head. “I do not know. But I heard a rumor from the guide downstairs that the prime minister called an early meeting of the High Council.”

By now, Elizabeth had gotten out of bed, pulled on a thin robe, and made her way to the door. She tapped John on the arm, and he opened the door a little more. “They’re having an emergency meeting?”

“That was all that I have heard. But Elizabeth? I have not seen Tharon at all. Nor did Kerrak join us for breakfast this morning.”

John and Elizabeth turned to each other, exchanging worried glances. He knew that she was thinking: what was going on that could have possibly turned the Fa’torians hostile in the past twelve hours?

She frowned in thought, then her eyes widened. John knew that she had figured it out, and wished he understood too.

“Teyla, we need to find Tharon.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As Tharon paced back and forth in her office, the ramifications of her actions washed over her like a deluge of water. The thought of what she had done, what she had proposed to the Council, was making her physically ill. It shouldn’t be, but as she ran across the room to a waste basket and emptied her stomach of its breakfast, it was the only logical conclusion that she could come up with.

She reached for a cleaning cloth and used it to wipe the edges of her mouth. The feeling of nausea began to subside, and she knelt on the floor and let out a heavy sigh.

Did I do the right thing?

Regret was starting to eat at her. She should have informed Elizabeth of her plans, but she didn’t want the Lanteans any more involved than they already were. The timing of their arrival was almost perfect. If things got out of hand, she knew that the weapons they had arrived with were still upstairs in their bedrooms.

Ronan didn’t even need a weapon, she thought with a small smile.

Just then, the door flew open and shut just as quickly.

Kerrak rushed over to her and knelt down as well. “Are you all right?” he asked in worry, eyes roaming over her.

Tharon nodded. “I’m fine, I’m fine.” She sat down, her back against the bookcase that the cloth had laid atop of earlier. “Breakfast didn’t agree with me.”

Her husband frowned. “That’s the second time this week that your breakfast hasn’t agreed with you.”

She heard the sounds of shoes and boots shuffling on the stone ground outside her door, and she dismissed the thought with a shake of her head. “We have more important issues to deal with than my stomach. Help me up.”

The instant that she stood on her feet again, the door swung open without the usual consent.

Elizabeth and Teyla walked into her office, followed by John and Ronan who quickly shut the door behind them.

“Tharon, is everything all right?” Teyla asked, skipping over the formal greetings that normally accompanied their meetings.

She nodded, her short blonde waves bouncing as she did so. “Yes, why do you ask?”

“We heard about your early meeting with the Council. And we heard the angry mob that gathered shortly afterwards.” Elizabeth tilted her head. “We’ve been completely honest with you about our intentions. Can we expect to have the favor returned?”

Tharon closed her eyes and sighed slowly. “I was hoping to discuss this at a later time, but it seems I am overruled.” She moved across the room to sit at her desk. “There is a matter, which I have been wanting to present to the Council for quite some time, and I thought the morning after the celebration where most of the members would have drunk far too much raa’zin would be the perfect time to put it forward.” She looked up at Elizabeth. “I was wrong,” she admitted with shame.

Elizabeth sat down opposite her, leaning forward as her face scrunched up in an worried expression that Tharon recognized all too easily. “Tharon … what did you do?”

She folded her hands on top of the desk. “I told them it was time for a change.”

“What kind of change?” John asked.

She could sense his impatience, but mostly his worry. Tharon had a feeling it had to do more with Elizabeth and not with the Fa’torians’ situation, but that was a topic for later debate.

Her eyes met Kerrak’s reassuring gaze.

“I announced my intention to relinquish my position as prime minister. To Kerrak.”

The last time she had seen such shocked faces was twenty minutes ago in the Council chambers, when she had said the same thing.
              Last edited by ShipperWriter; 24 May 2012, 06:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some italics ...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Wow, weren't you a busy kitty today?!
                  You betcha!

I was giddy until I got home. Now I'm just blegh. Really wishing I'd had some Starbucks earlier ...
                  Awwww... *pets*

Okay ... my hair is spikier than normal, and Elizabeth's bre -- umm, Elizabeth is perkier than normal ... I really wish people would stop photoshopping us.

*rimshot echoes in the background*
                  *cackles* Yeah, that's about right!

ETA: Just got back to reread your new chappie of "We'll Always Have..." That's EVIL. Oh noes, whatever will our Sparky do now?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  EEEEEEEE!!!!!! Lookie, John brought Lizzeh some coffee! *runs around squeeing in glee*

Damn, I am SO easy.
                  Last edited by Scary Kitty; 24 May 2012, 08:28 PM.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Yes alive but very busy at work.......but I'm here.lol

For them, John/Teyla was the "official ship" but I think it was not their priority.
                    They tried to write something about them but they forgot something very important: chemistry
                    I'm not saying there is not chemistry between John and Teyla but it's not as strong as the chemistry between John/Elizabeth. I'm not very objective (I'm Saprky, not my fault) but it seems more natural between them. (because of the actors, for some others reasons...I don't know)
                    Chemistry. One little word that can have such dramatic effects on what writers plan for shows.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I think ship of any kind was not a top priority for them. They never gave their actors much direction. I remember Joe saying in an interview in regards to his relationship with Teyla in S4 that he came to the conclusion that John was jealous. He had to figure that out all by himself. Nobody had told him that John cared if Teyla was with another man, but he had originally been told that they would end up together so he was just taking that to its logical conclusion. I also once read that Rachel said that she and Joe never talked about John and Teyla's relationship. Wouldn't you have thought that would have made a difference? If I was a writer, I would have instructed my actors as to how their characters felt about each other. Very strange.
                      The bolded part makes perfect and totally logical sense to me. And is it me or at times did it appear that TPTW didn't know the meaning of logic?

Comment

*Sets out bowl of sugar for our favorite little lemming*

So a bottle of Corona later, and I have the next chapter of "M51-936"!!!

Spoiler:
                        John awoke with a slight headache, and inhaled sharply.

The scent of some type of berries filled his nostrils, and when he opened his eyes, the brown hair directly in front of him caused him to frown in confusion.

Pretty sure that’s not mine.

Then the soft hand wrapped in his squeezed and he heard a soft sigh.

He blinked once, then chuckled in realization and pressed a kiss to the back of the neck that was now visible to him. “Morning,” he greeted, starting to work his way around the left side of her neck, the pale vastness opening up to him.

She turned her head with a moan, and John craned his neck as their lips finally met again.

He pulled back, and Elizabeth smiled up at him, shyly. “Good morning,” she whispered in reply, a playful smile on her lips.

John leaned down and kissed her one more time before rolling back onto his side, spooning Elizabeth as he had during the night. Their intertwined fingers rested on the small rise of her hip, and he pulled himself closer to her, breathing her in.

As the fog started to lift and the realization of last night hit him like a soft nudge in the arm, he sighed. Judging from the camisole top that Elizabeth was still wearing, and the fact he could still feel his boxers, it was safe to assume that they hadn’t actually had sex last night. He felt disappointed and relieved at the same time, and he hated himself for it. Despite his adamant disapproval of Elizabeth’s principle of “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas,” he couldn’t help but let his mind wander to when they returned back on Atlantis.

An invisible hand hit him upside the head. He was laying in bed with Elizabeth, his arms wrapped securely around her. Don’t start on what’s going to happen once you get home. You’re still here. Enjoy it.

He raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

Elizabeth finally spoke again, almost reading his thoughts. “We can’t stay in here all day, John,” she chided in a light voice, yawns threatening to drown her out.

“Mm. Sure we can. The Fa’torians aren’t gonna care. They probably encourage this sort of behavior between husbands and wives.”

Elizabeth giggled. “And what about Ronan and Teyla?”

John let out a mocking groan. “Eeh. I’ll take care of them later.”

She rolled over in his arms, letting him readjust his right arm under her waist before she settled. “I foresee a few problems with that.”

“Yeah?” he asked absentmindedly, pressing a kiss to her collarbone.

She gasped, then cleared her throat. John apparently wasn’t going to deter her, even though he was going to try his best. “They will -- ooh -- figure out where we are, sooner or later.”

“Okay,” he drew out, trailing down her skin towards fabric that just covered her breasts.

“And when Rodney gets back, someone will tell him.” She pressed her hands against his bare chest, gently forcing him to stop.

John groaned, pulling his head up. “You had to throw that in there, didn’t you?”

She shrugged, then grinned.

He cupped her cheek and kissed her again, more forcefully this time, trying to convince her to change her mind.

But when he pulled back, Elizabeth was making a face at him that was both pleading and apologetic. “I’m supposed to meet with the Council one more time this morning. We may be finished this afternoon, if everything works out.”

John grimaced, then flopped over and lay on his back. He grunted assent, then began to study the ceiling.

Elizabeth pushed the covers down and made a move to sit up, but instead of swinging her legs over the side of the bed and standing, she turned to her left and curled up in John’s side again.

When he cocked a curious eyebrow at her, she gave him one of her own. “Five more minutes.”

“Deal,” he replied, kissing her hair and wrapping his arm under her waist again. It was probably going to be numb in a matter of minutes, but he didn’t care. Nothing could phase him at this moment.

Except for the heavy knocking on the wood door.

“Sheppard!”

John’s eyes widened in worry as Ronan’s voice carried into the room. He pulled his arms back from Elizabeth and jumped out of the bed.

He opened the door just a crack, thankful that the angle shielded the bed -- and Elizabeth -- from view. “What is it?”

Ronan turned and glanced down the hallway towards the lobby. “Something’s happening. Teyla and I were downstairs, and all of a sudden, the villagers started yelling and carrying on.”

John turned and noticed Teyla standing next to Ronan. “Any idea what is it?”

Teyla shook her head. “I do not know. But I heard a rumor from the guide downstairs that the prime minister called an early meeting of the High Council.”

By now, Elizabeth had gotten out of bed, pulled on a thin robe, and made her way to the door. She tapped John on the arm, and he opened the door a little more. “They’re having an emergency meeting?”

“That was all that I have heard. But Elizabeth? I have not seen Tharon at all. Nor did Kerrak join us for breakfast this morning.”

John and Elizabeth turned to each other, exchanging worried glances. He knew that she was thinking: what was going on that could have possibly turned the Fa’torians hostile in the past twelve hours?

She frowned in thought, then her eyes widened. John knew that she had figured it out, and wished he understood too.

“Teyla, we need to find Tharon.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As Tharon paced back and forth in her office, the ramifications of her actions washed over her like a deluge of water. The thought of what she had done, what she had proposed to the Council, was making her physically ill. It shouldn’t be, but as she ran across the room to a waste basket and emptied her stomach of its breakfast, it was the only logical conclusion that she could come up with.

She reached for a cleaning cloth and used it to wipe the edges of her mouth. The feeling of nausea began to subside, and she knelt on the floor and let out a heavy sigh.

Did I do the right thing?

Regret was starting to eat at her. She should have informed Elizabeth of her plans, but she didn’t want the Lanteans any more involved than they already were. The timing of their arrival was almost perfect. If things got out of hand, she knew that the weapons they had arrived with were still upstairs in their bedrooms.

Ronan didn’t even need a weapon, she thought with a small smile.

Just then, the door flew open and shut just as quickly.

Kerrak rushed over to her and knelt down as well. “Are you all right?” he asked in worry, eyes roaming over her.

Tharon nodded. “I’m fine, I’m fine.” She sat down, her back against the bookcase that the cloth had laid atop of earlier. “Breakfast didn’t agree with me.”

Her husband frowned. “That’s the second time this week that your breakfast hasn’t agreed with you.”

She heard the sounds of shoes and boots shuffling on the stone ground outside her door, and she dismissed the thought with a shake of her head. “We have more important issues to deal with than my stomach. Help me up.”

The instant that she stood on her feet again, the door swung open without the usual consent.

Elizabeth and Teyla walked into her office, followed by John and Ronan who quickly shut the door behind them.

“Tharon, is everything all right?” Teyla asked, skipping over the formal greetings that normally accompanied their meetings.

She nodded, her short blonde waves bouncing as she did so. “Yes, why do you ask?”

“We heard about your early meeting with the Council. And we heard the angry mob that gathered shortly afterwards.” Elizabeth tilted her head. “We’ve been completely honest with you about our intentions. Can we expect to have the favor returned?”

Tharon closed her eyes and sighed slowly. “I was hoping to discuss this at a later time, but it seems I am overruled.” She moved across the room to sit at her desk. “There is a matter, which I have been wanting to present to the Council for quite some time, and I thought the morning after the celebration where most of the members would have drunk far too much raa’zin would be the perfect time to put it forward.” She looked up at Elizabeth. “I was wrong,” she admitted with shame.

Elizabeth sat down opposite her, leaning forward as her face scrunched up in an worried expression that Tharon recognized all too easily. “Tharon … what did you do?”

She folded her hands on top of the desk. “I told them it was time for a change.”

“What kind of change?” John asked.

She could sense his impatience, but mostly his worry. Tharon had a feeling it had to do more with Elizabeth and not with the Fa’torians’ situation, but that was a topic for later debate.

Her eyes met Kerrak’s reassuring gaze.

“I announced my intention to relinquish my position as prime minister. To Kerrak.”

The last time she had seen such shocked faces was twenty minutes ago in the Council chambers, when she had said the same thing.
                        Wonderful, SW!!! I can't wait to see how this turns out!!

When you mentioned JoeF getting to use a real taser, I couldn't help but think of Season 2 of Castle where Nathan got to use one and the whole conversation in the SUV right before it.

Comment

ShipperWriter: Hey sister! Glad to be back!

Could that be Fauxcahontas? See how I worked some French in there. Even though that's only one of about 3 words I know.
                          Yeah! You can speach french with me if you want.
                          To be honest, I have a problem with the story of Pocahontas. I find this really annoying. (not the woman but the romance).
                          It's why I don't like the movie "Avatar", it's a Pocahontas story......Ok I'm telling my life and it's not very important here.lol

PROBIE!!!! Long time no see! *huggles*

Indeed. But then, the French people are known 'round the world for having a keen understanding of true love. So of course they'd see Sparky!
                          Happy to be here!
                          Yes French people are expert in love.....lol

Brie, Poundpuppy29, Falcon: Hello family!

Nolamom: I think I don't know you so hi! I'm a old member. The french cousin in this big family.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

You know...full of book larning...educationarized.
                            Ed-ju-ma-kay-shun. It means yur purty smaart.
                            Ah that...

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Any chance you could do a Teyla/Kate one?

These smilies are just too prettyyyyy...

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Chemistry. One little word that can have such dramatic effects on what writers plan for shows.
                            Word!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Brie, Poundpuppy29, Falcon: Hello family!
                            *snugglesquishes you*

Comment

I was wrong about the Dragon Con image - it was reposted in the Secondary Women of Atlantis thread. It was originally posted by BlowersGate and now I saved it so I don't loose it again. Though while I was looking for it by means of Google I found a picture of Claire at Dragon Con I hadn't seen before... Anyway... here be it...

Comment

Falcon: Nice pic. I already see thic pic before but to be honest I didn't see Claire the first time.
                                Yes shame on me
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X