Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Good morning, everybody!

SK, you spoke too soon about not letting family annoy me ... Grr ... But I think I'm gonna save that for an LJ rant.

Haven't had time to watch "The Gift" this time around, but I love this snippy scene between John and Elizabeth:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/..._118_596-1.jpg

I like to use it in videos once in a while.

Speaking of which, still compiling moments for the Season One Eye!sex Video. Any contributions to make from "The Gift"?
    Rats, sorry yesterday didn't go so well for you. *hugs*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Yes, we do.
    *grins and slides over a saucer of sugar to the Lemming*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Oh my goodness yes, there are tons of them. I'll just see if I can find some screenshots.

<snippage for space>

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tl_118_637.jpg

United as always. I wonder if they realized this scene mirrors the scene with the Queen in Allies?
    ZOMG. I never noticed that before! That's awesome!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

*grins and slides over a saucer of sugar to the Lemming*

I had never noticed it either. It's funny after all the times we've seen these eps, we still see new things.

OT: My plumber thinks I am crazy. He's here searching for my leak that never leaks until he leaves. I am sane. I tell you. Mr. SR saw it too. OMG. *cries*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OT: My plumber thinks I am crazy. He's here searching for my leak that never leaks until he leaves. I am sane. I tell you. Mr. SR saw it too. OMG. *cries*
        Video-tape the leak...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I had never noticed it either. It's funny after all the times we've seen these eps, we still see new things.
          Something else Sparky is good for! Learning about new things every day.

Video-tape the leak...
          *nods* What FH said. Get it on tape. Then you've got proof.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Video-tape the leak...
            Good idea, but I'm not crazy after all. It wasn't a pipe leaking, it was the faucet. When you splash water around the faucet, it runs under and drips down. Anyway, he sealed it up and no charge. Bless you, Harry.

The first time he came last week, he used his cell phone to reach up under the sink and take a picture to show me the rusted out underside of my faucet, which he replaced. Gotta love technology. This plumbing company is named after its founder, Mr. Flood. Don't you love it?

Now, I can relax and go back to Sparky.
            sigpic

Comment

This plumbing company is named after its founder, Mr. Flood. Don't you love it?
              Doesn't inspire much confidence though...

Comment

Doesn't inspire much confidence though...
                I know. That's the beauty of it.

I forgot to mention something I thought of when watching The Gift. This was an excellent ep to watch if you want to get a good basic understanding of the Wraith. Once Elizabeth figured out the Wraith language, they were able to learn all kinds of things, and you get a good overview up to this point of their evolution. Sadly, not everyone who has written extensively about the Wraith has bothered to watch The Gift. Even if you reject the ideas put forth about them in this ep and others, it is still canon.
                sigpic

Comment

I forgot to mention something I thought of when watching The Gift. This was an excellent ep to watch if you want to get a good basic understanding of the Wraith. Once Elizabeth figured out the Wraith language, they were able to learn all kinds of things, and you get a good overview up to this point of their evolution. Sadly, not everyone who has written extensively about the Wraith has bothered to watch The Gift. Even if you reject the ideas put forth about them in this ep and others, it is still canon.
                  True - while my mind ends with The Gift equals Kate - there is indeed a good portion of Wraith stuff being explained in this episode. Much of which indeed seems to fall on deaf ears with some.

Never gave it much thought - blame the psychologist though...

Comment

sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

So I drove home from work, squeeing.

Spoiler:
                      Remember that big, huge rant that I posted on LJ? Well, I called HR and they finally stopped taking their stupid pills and it looks as though I will deefinitely have an interpreting job next year!

Will post more on LJ for those who are interested...

Yeah, more on that later. For now, I am basking in the happy glow that is Sparky. Or the Florida sun, could be that.

Si, muchas gracias, Senora Rojo del Sur (my apologies, going a little nuts with Google Translate. Definitely using all those moments in my video ... whenever it comes to fruition.

I know what you mean about the phantom problems. The A/C on my mother's Prius quit working, but wouldn't you know, as soon as the technician got in, it kicked back on? And you know you can't fix something that's not broken.

Kinda like Sparky. Absitively posolutely nothing wrong with John and Elizabeth. Hee.

The first time he came last week, he used his cell phone to reach up under the sink and take a picture to show me the rusted out underside of my faucet, which he replaced. Gotta love technology. This plumbing company is named after its founder, Mr. Flood. Don't you love it?

Haha, love it!

Yes, I need to relax and get back to Sparky myself. I've neglected it something awful lately while I was down in the dumps. Time to fix that!

Comment

Oh, and this:

This is what my John Sheppard, high school algebra and geometry teacher, looks like:

Spoiler:

Sans teh wedding ring, of course. And the mike.

Comment

Way to go, ShipperWriter! That's great news!

Good idea, but I'm not crazy after all. It wasn't a pipe leaking, it was the faucet. When you splash water around the faucet, it runs under and drips down. Anyway, he sealed it up and no charge. Bless you, Harry.

Mr. Flood.

But hey, at least it's fixed!

I know. That's the beauty of it.

A very good point, I had been thinking much the same thing myself yesterday while we were watching the scenes with Elizabeth decoding the information from the lab and putting her head together with Carson to figure out the mystery of where the Gift came from. There is a wealth of information about the origins of the Wraith and quite a bit of insight into the Wraith's level of scientific expertise (and it gives some interesting context to future developments, like Michael's turn at playing mad scientist). It's on screen, therefore it's canon. Attempt to ignore it or handwave it away in some misguided attempt at revisionist history at your own risk.

Comment

Okay, this is too hilarious to not share. I was glancing over some of the closed threads and almost puked when I saw Weir/Kavanaugh ship. Sorry, gag reflex ...

Anyhow, someone posted this on the Anti-Chaya thread in reference to "The Gift" saying that characters were OOC:
                            Spoiler:
                            Teyla was just the ultimate brat - her behaviour was so undignified and childish...
                            John was just cold - since we know he's took worse risks in the past than to stay somewhere in a cloaked ship...
                            And then our good friend Melyanna corrected her, saying, "You mean, LFP?"

The other person admitted that's what they meant.

But this was hilarious:
                            We all know why people hate her because she or rather John kissed her and some of the Sheyla Weir/Sheppard fans aren't happy, but I couldn't tell you which fans aren't happy about that.

Anyhow. It made me laugh. That, and the Anti-Chaya thread got shut down after only 6 hours.

Comment

Way to go, ShipperWriter! That's great news!
                              Thanks! Let's just hope this doesn't fall through.

Mr. Flood.

But hey, at least it's fixed!
                              The best example of irony, right there.

A very good point, I had been thinking much the same thing myself yesterday while we were watching the scenes with Elizabeth decoding the information from the lab and putting her head together with Carson to figure out the mystery of where the Gift came from. There is a wealth of information about the origins of the Wraith and quite a bit of insight into the Wraith's level of scientific expertise (and it gives some interesting context to future developments, like Michael's turn at playing mad scientist). It's on screen, therefore it's canon. Attempt to ignore it or handwave it away in some misguided attempt at revisionist history at your own risk.
                              So true. I couldn't even fathom writing a Wraith-centric story, just not my cup of tea, but for those fic writers that do, they have so much to work with. I think sometimes people make their own canon just to make things easier to write or digest. Why bother going to do the research on something when you can just make up your own thoughts about it, right?

Comment

Hello spakies. gateraid thanks for the info. SR dig the cooks point of view. Funny, it seems the little folks have the best gossip.

It would have been nice to see Lizzie do more stuff like she did in "The Gift" during the show. Here's another chapter from my new story. Haven't decided on a title yet though.

Spoiler:

The sunrise. Focus on the sun rise. Let the warmth cover you completely. Watch the colors flow together. The violets, the yellows, the oranges. Look to the clouds. So soft and serene. They cradle the sun’s gentle rays as dawn breaks. Ignore the pain. There is only peace. The start of another day. These gentle thoughts have kept a man running for years.

Then Ronon slows his pace to an easy jog. He watches as the sun rises over this place on his new home called San Francisco. North, south, and west it’s not any different than where he was in the Pegasus galaxy. But to the east there’s structure. Man-made steel and concrete connecting one end of a large bay to another.

The man called Ronon Dex learned to appreciate the simple things in life. A sunrise, the waves on a beach, and even the taste of cold water on his lips. Running from the Wraith breeds appreciation for simplicity. Which is why Atlantis was the new home he became content with having. Food was plentiful, the roof over his head was sturdy, and the people kind and brave.

After five minutes of cooling down after his run he walks. Ronon looks at where he’s at on the “mall maps” as the crew calls them. Signs saying, “You are here”. Ronon finds he needs to cross a quarter of the main tower to get back to his quarters for a shower. “Maybe I’ll actually take a transporter,” Ronon thinks to himself.

“Incoming wormhole,” an urgent voice comes over the city’s speakers.

“A what? Are you sure?” Dr. Rodney McKay questions as he runs by Ronon. “Hey Ronon. We, umm, need to get upstairs.”

“We?” Ronon deadpans. He hates when Rodney grabs him for the scientific stuff.

“That wormhole is from Pegasus,” McKay raises his voice in irritation and begins to walk backwards.

“Let’s go then.” Ronon knows Pegasus shouldn’t be dialing Earth. And McKay is acting more strung out than normal. So he Ronon has no choice but to follow his friend.

Ronon lengthens his strides to keep pace with McKay’s running. He tries to understand half of a complicated conversation on the way to the transporter.

“Pegasus? There’s no way.”

“I know, I made the program.”

“No, the SGC doesn’t have a real DHD.”

“Yeah, I know. Ya think! Really. I’m on my way.

“No I don’t. Our gate is supposed to be the only one, yes.”

“Just… hell. We’ll figure it out later!”

Ronon watched as Rodney groaned and rubbed his temples. A smirk came across Ronon’s face; one on McKay’s oddities that made Ronon smile. He was glad McKay never noticed. Because if Rodney ever picked up on it he’d annoy Ronon to death. But annoying and abrasive as Dr. Rodney McKay is, Ronon took pride in calling him a friend.

Exiting the transporter the two entered the gateroom. Dr. Woolsey was already there while Chuck was at the gate controls.

“Dr. Woolsey, how nice to see you again,” a Wraith voice came from the speakers. Ronon could feel the blood rise inside him. If Todd was calling something was very wrong.

“Todd, I’m not sure I can say the same,” Dr. Woolsey replied. Ronon could hear the trepidation in his voice. He had to agree with his boss, seeing Wraith was never nice in Ronon’s experience.

“I have some news for you. Good or bad depends on your point of view.” Finally a visual came up on the screen at the gate controls. Ronon could swear he saw a snicker escape Todd’s mouth at the last part.

“Well, we’re all waiting,” Richard Woolsey did his best to sound impatient. He came off more petulant than anything else.

“We’ll wait until everyone’s arrived.” Todd stalled. “Ah, Dr. McKay. Glad to see you’re doing well. And Ronon, it appears your new home suits you.” Rodney and Ronon exchanged beleaguered looks at Todd’s pleasantries.

“Since we’ve got time, how in the hell did you dial earth?” Rodney asked. Ronon had to stifle a laugh at the angry look McKay was giving Todd.

“Dr. McKay, your Atlantis DHD is special correct?” Todd responded with a question.

“Todd, ol’ buddy what’s new,” Colonel John Sheppard flippantly interjected. Ronon decided Todd and Sheppard used to spend too much time together. “Oh, it’s really not all that great,” John turned his attention to answering Todd’s question. “We do try and polish it once a week though.” Ronon sensed John didn’t want to reveal the dialing capabilities of Atlantis.

“We have developed our technology to be compatible with Atlantis’. We even took over a series of stargates.” Todd mentioned. Ronon remembers fighting Teal’c more than anything.

“That’s because you hacked my Midway program,” Rodney pointed out. The bitterness that one his projects was hijacked was obvious.

“Any Wraith could manipulate such primitive work,” Todd grinned at Rodney, “but that’s another discussion.”

“Yeah. Now answer my first question; how did you dial our gate from Pegasus?” Ronon wasn’t sure if Rodney sounded angry or curious.

“I’ll admit modifying Ancient technology is harder than the child’s toys you humans use. But we know Atlantis has the control crystal to enable its gate to dial earth. We simply made our own.” Todd said with pride. Rodney looked jealous while Ronon noticed John and Woolsey seemed worried.

“So why didn’t you just do that from the very beginning instead of trying to take Atlantis?” John asked.

“This has been an ongoing project. The Wraith decided it would be easier to defeat some humans and capture our enemy's stronghold.” Todd replied.

“How’d that work out for you guys?” John taunted. Ronon smiled knowing the Wraith suffered one of their most embarrassing losses.

“True, we did underestimate the stubbornness of you humans. But be that as it may, we were able use our technology to duplicate the program your gate uses that allows it to dial Earth.” Todd informed the group.

“It’s obvious you’re not going to try and turn Earth into your own personal buffet. So why did you call Atlantis.” Richard asked. Ronon was kind of hoping a few Wraith did come through the gate. He worried his skills were becoming rusty.

“We need your… assistance here in Pegasus.” Todd made sure he didn’t use to word “help”.

“Why should we help you guys?” John made sure he used the word help.

“Because the problems all started when you came to my galaxy. The Wriath fed on humans then returned to slumber. This was the way things were done. After you came Wraith fought Wraith for food that your Dr. Beckett didn’t taint. We did not have to fight machines whose only urge is to destroy everything. You are the reason Pegasus is in turmoil.” Todd pointed out. Ronon thought Wraith starving and fighting each other was reaping what they sow.

“So you’re saying we have to help because it’s our fault. Real mature oh superior race,” Rodney replied. He bowed down in mock admiration.

“Dr. McKay I see Earth has treated you well. You look like you’ve been indulging in some home cooking. More to feed upon,” Todd responded back. The threat ended McKay’s joking.

“Look Todd, that’s not good enough,” John answered. Ronon could tell John was getting tired of the games being played.

“Colonel Sheppard. I have some interesting… ‘scuttlebutt’ I believe your people call it.” Todd began.

“That’s the navy but whatever. Spill the beans, Todd.” John placed his hands on the console. Ronon observed it was a tell his friend was growing impatient.

“Dropped vegetables aside, some of my scouts found this,” Todd’s face disappeared and a scratchy video segment appeared on the screen. The gate was from the Pegasus galaxy and a wormhole had been established. Ronon saw Rodney write down the symbols from the gate address.

Four Wraith soldiers with odd weaponry entered from the left side of the screen. Ronon took note of the wedge formation they had taken. In the center was a lone figure in black. Their hands were bound and head was down. Ronon felt a ping of sympathy for the poor soul. He’d been in that position too many times to forget the despair of being a Wraith prisoner.

As the group was walking up the steps to the gate, the prisoner stopped for a moment. They lifted their head and looked around. The face looked too familiar. For a moment Ronon didn’t want to believe it.

“Elizabeth…” John said out loud. The mixture of emotions strained his voice.

“Yes, Colonel Sheppard. Your friend has somehow escaped the destruction of the replicators. Which is surprising considering she’s one of them.” Todd’s face reappeared on the screen.

“She’s not a replicator,” Ronon spat back. He couldn’t fight the anger of his friend being some soulless machine boiling to the surface.

“I see. I saw some copy of Elizabeth Weir was floating in some cold part of space. Who was it that put her there?” Todd already knew the answer.

“Todd you rotten son of a *****,” Rodney hissed back. His shoulders slumped and he balled his hands into fists.

“Todd, if this is some trick I will kill you,” John spoke calmly. The slow, deliberate tone made the fact he meant every word stick into all their minds. Even Ronon could feel a shiver down his spine.

“I have no doubt you would. But our scans indicate she is mostly human,” Todd pointed out.

“We’ve seen that before. The replicators built organic versions of Dr. Weir and Colonel Sheppard’s team. This isn’t enough to convince us.” Woolsey replied.

“But I do believe those replicators were destroyed, correct? We have not detected any nanite technology until now. But it seems your human loyalty is greatly over exaggerated. Too bad for Dr. Weir she looks so… sullen.” Todd tried to convince the group. Ronon did admit that he brought up several strong points. After the space gate debacle there has been absolutely no replicator activity of any kind.

“Todd, there is something you’re not telling me. You wouldn’t build up all my hopes for getting Elizabeth back unless you had some other angle. What is it you really want?” John asked putting aside his feelings.

“Well, Sheppard. The Wraith are at war again. Some new hive has built an impressive alliance. They will lead the Wraith to the feeding grounds of Earth. Same old story I know. But this one might be able to do it. I’m sending some data on new technology we’ve encountered. It has Atlantean modifications.” Todd admitted the truth. Ronon shook his head; he knew Todd had some self-interest in mind.

“And you think Elizabeth is responsible for those modifications. She would never help the Wraith take Earth,” McKay dismissed Todd’s acusations.

“Perhaps, but the Wraith have ways to make even those hate us the most bend to our will. Why don’t we just ask Ronon?” Todd suggested. Ronon could feel the slap across his face a galaxy away. “They are decimating planets for their resources. Raw materials, technology, and of course food for the war we are fighting.”

“You mean they’re culling humans again?” Woolsey clarified.

“I did say food. Now, are you going to help us fight and clean up your mess?” Todd folded his arms waiting for an answer.

Woolsey and John were wrapping up their discussion with Todd telling him they’d talk more tomorrow. Ronon knew what it was like to be held by the Wraith. As a runner and worshiper. He made a choice at that moment. Ronon was going to save his friend and kill as many Wraith as he could doing it.

"I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
                                X