• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Hi, how's it going, FalconHorus?
    Fine, thank you. You?

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    I aim to misbehave.
    LOL - Keep those movie references coming, my friend. Keep em coming!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    if the atlantis expedition had children, what roles could you see them fulfilling?
    The roles of pain-in-the-mik'ta's ....
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi sparkies, soooo what we all up to? No mischief I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
        Homework... 3D character walk cycle... again and again and again and again... and ... well, you get the idea...

And watching Hawaii Five-O.... alsmost finished season 1 and about to start season 2. Watch all of my season finales (NCIS, NCIS:LA, Castle) and catch up on 4 episodes of Eureka.

Not sure where my homework fits in though...

Comment

Working on some artwork for the weekly challenge on the AfA thread -trying to incorporate Sparky some how but it's not going well - and trying to ignore the unrelenting pain in my hip and shoulder

FH Eureka has been fantastic, going to miss that show so much. Don't watch NCIS:LA but the final episodes of NCIS and Castle were beautifully done IMO. Hope you enjoy them. Don't suppose you watch The Mentalist as well do you??
          sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *hugs and snuggles ShipperWriter* I hope things work out for you, sooner rather than later!

I can just imagine the insanity if Cafeteria Lady was catering John and Lizzeh's wedding. OMG.
            You guys are giving me a lot of new plot bunnies for the Cafeteria Lady. I've decided not to ever reveal her name. I like the nearly anonymous quality of her. I think she has a lot more stories to tell. And somebody mentioned Red Velvet Cake. She even has a recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake. Now I wonder whose favorite that would be? I got a comment from someone on Twitter that the fic sounds like it's written with a Southern accent. That was actually my intent, so I must have succeeded. CL is a good ole Southern gal from Alabama.

I don't know a lot about wine so I may need to pick your brain a lot, SK. For example I can never remember what red and white each go good with.

Pleasant Sparky dreams!

*Mandogater puts on hunting clothes to better track down muse*

Be very quite. I'm hunting muses.
            The rule these days, thank goodness, is that whatever you think tastes good goes with anything you want it to. Wine snobbery is a thing of the past. Just last weekend we had a nice Viognier with duck, antelope and beef short ribs. Everyone at our table loved it and it wasn't overpowered by the meat at all. In fact it was a good crisp counterpart to the strong tastes of the food. But a merlot or a mellow cabernet sauvignon would have held up well also.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
              FH Eureka has been fantastic, going to miss that show so much. Don't watch NCIS:LA but the final episodes of NCIS and Castle were beautifully done IMO. Hope you enjoy them. Don't suppose you watch The Mentalist as well do you??
              I have been disappointed with Eureka - and the road it chose to take. Hence why I'm 4 episodes behind.

NCIS:LA totally rocks! And super-exceeds its parent show by miles.
              NCIS has been a wee bit boring in the last season but picked up the slack. I have to say that I haven't been impressed with the episodes and can't remember really what happened this season. However, I can remember funny moments that stand out between the characters.

Castle's been great - I'm really happy that I started watching it. Even though I'm unsure about the things that are yet to come - 2 episodes behind on this one.

And no, I don't watch The Mentalist, except for that one episode in which Claire's appearing... even though I have yet to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I have been disappointed with Eureka - and the road it chose to take. Hence why I'm 4 episodes behind.
                Hmmm, yeah I struggled with the first couple of episodes, but the last one I watched (episode 5) was classic Eureka (mostly)

NCIS has been a wee bit boring in the last season but picked up the slack. I have to say that I haven't been impressed with the episodes and can't remember really what happened this season. However, I can remember funny moments that stand out between the characters.

Castle's been great - I'm really happy that I started watching it. Even though I'm unsure about the things that are yet to come - 2 episodes behind on this one.

And no, I don't watch The Mentalist, except for that one episode in which Claire's appearing... even though I have yet to watch it.
                The final 10 minutes or so of NCIS are the best of the season - but I agree that the season has been a bit weak this year. May have to give NCIS:LA a go now that all my usual programs are coming to their season ends.

Enjoy the last 2 Castle episodes - I did

Now back to my art work Here's hoping my Sparky muse wants to play
                sigpic

Comment

Morning, everybody!

Just dropping in before I'm off to have a nice, relaxing day which may or may not involve a chocolate chip cookie dough milkshake.

FH, I watch NCIS, NCIS:LA, and Castle. Of all the shows I've seen this year, their finales were the best! I think you'll enjoy them.

MR, I agree with the comments about NCIS:LA. There are times I forget that it's a spin-off from NCIS. It can hold its own. Great cast dynamics. I always forget that NCIS spun off from JAG, and I have a feeling it may last longer, too!

mandogater, have fun finding your muses. Be safe.

SR, I like the anonymity of Cafeteria Lady. I was reading it with a Southern accent, too, but that could just be because I grew up in NC.

Interesting note to share: all of the pics on Twitter from FedCon this weekend, JoeF is wearing his wedding ring again. And he looks like he's doing very well. Of course, I'm a sucker for black button up shirts and khaki pants. As I'm sure is Elizabeth.

Have a good day, will drop in later with something to share!

Comment

Eureka: We share your pain. If this wasn't the last season, we'd drop it. I think they jumped the shark a couple of times, but we never recovered from the big time shift of a few years ago. Plus I hate the Jack/Allison ship.

I feel the opposite of most of you about NCIS:LA. I think it's the weaker and if not for Hettie, I wouldn't watch. Chris O'Donnell's acting just makes me close my eyes and think about what JF could have done with that part. Though I adore Deeks/Kensi and Eric/Nell. OTOH, I agree that NCIS has been mostly boring, but the addition of Jamie Lee Curtis just saved it. I also hate Tony/Ziva. Oh, and both those season finales are jaw-dropping.

The Mentalist is good fun. I know people probably ship him and Teresa, but please don't tell me about it.

Castle is just about the most perfect show on TV.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Morning, everybody!

Just dropping in before I'm off to have a nice, relaxing day which may or may not involve a chocolate chip cookie dough milkshake.

FH, I watch NCIS, NCIS:LA, and Castle. Of all the shows I've seen this year, their finales were the best! I think you'll enjoy them.

MR, I agree with the comments about NCIS:LA. There are times I forget that it's a spin-off from NCIS. It can hold its own. Great cast dynamics. I always forget that NCIS spun off from JAG, and I have a feeling it may last longer, too!

mandogater, have fun finding your muses. Be safe.

SR, I like the anonymity of Cafeteria Lady. I was reading it with a Southern accent, too, but that could just be because I grew up in NC.

Interesting note to share: all of the pics on Twitter from FedCon this weekend, JoeF is wearing his wedding ring again. And he looks like he's doing very well. Of course, I'm a sucker for black button up shirts and khaki pants. As I'm sure is Elizabeth.

Have a good day, will drop in later with something to share!
                    Joe also tweeted about being at an art museum a couple of days ago. That plus the ring tells me the missus may be along on this trip.

And he also evidently said he thought the women on SGA needed bigger roles. I know he's said that before, especially in his defense of Torri.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Eureka: We share your pain. If this wasn't the last season, we'd drop it. I think they jumped the shark a couple of times, but we never recovered from the big time shift of a few years ago. Plus I hate the Jack/Allison ship.
                      I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

The Mentalist is good fun. I know people probably ship him and Teresa, but please don't tell me about it.
                      Oh god No!!

My Sparky muse has apparently gone on vacation today along with every other muse I have) - possibly because of the painkiller haze I'm in. So I think I may take a nap and see if I can find it later.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone and happy Saturday.

SW, I got to read the new chapters for your fic yesterday and it was amazing.

Thanks for the list, Brie! I had forgotten about Djurgården. The only team in Sweden I can usually remember the name of is MoDo.
                        It’s cool that you know any of them. Djurgården is my favorite team but it’s not the easiest name to remember, especially with the ’å’ in it.

And there is always next year for our countries.
                        Of course, and then there is the 2012 Olympics this summer for all of our countries in other sports.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        if the atlantis expedition had children, what roles could you see them fulfilling?
                        That’s a big question and a hard one to answer, first it would depend on who had kids and how many and then, once they got old enough to have an important working role on Atlantis, how many of our current favorite characters still have active roles but you can get an idea of at least how the kids would be when they got older based on their parents good and bad qualities but all and all, it’s a hard question but a good one.

Hi ShWeir, I just got home from a walk and it just relaxing. I got my computer back this week so I’m thinking of playing around in photoshop a little later but we’ll see.

Joe also tweeted about being at an art museum a couple of days ago. That plus the ring tells me the missus may be along on this trip.
                        As much fun as they have on the conventions it must also be great the time they can take to see some of the cities they visit as well, just to add to the experience of being able to travel so much.

And he also evidently said he thought the women on SGA needed bigger roles. I know he's said that before, especially in his defense of Torri.
                        Joe is so very right and because they had what 2-3 episodes per season or so that had one or more of the female characters in the bigger role (and most of the time it was together with one of the male characters)…most episodes where the women get’s the chance to shine were written by Carl Binder so I’m really glad that SGA had him as the writer.
                        sigpic

Comment

I love Jack/Allison ... have so from the beginning.

I haven't been happy since season 4 when indeed they played with time. But I totally loved the christmas episode - that was totally hilarious and had me rolling over the floor laughing so hard...

Chris O'Donnell's acting just makes me close my eyes and think about what JF could have done with that part.
                          I don't know... Chris and Todd (LL Cool J) have good chemistry together. I really like the partner-ship they got going on.

Though I adore Deeks/Kensi and Eric/Nell.
                          Oh the times my sister and I start quoting the most hilarious conversations...

OTOH, I agree that NCIS has been mostly boring, but the addition of Jamie Lee Curtis just saved it. I also hate Tony/Ziva. Oh, and both those season finales are jaw-dropping.
                          My sister hate Jamie's addition to the show. She says she feels like Gibbs is suddenly unable to solve a case and has to get her to review it.
                          I know the fandom is hot about Tiva (I kid you not) but I don't really care one way or another. It doesn't actually bother me that much.

Castle is just about the most perfect show on TV.
                          Until they too make a mistake...

It's quite clear to all, I think, that Joe should have had a more active role in the PTB - it might have done the show some good. I think the guy really knows his thing, and he could have really added that extra pair of eyes, and they sure as hell could have used the extra brain that thought outside of the proverbial box... one that didn't think like the rest of the group... Goddess, they so needed that. *face!palm*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

My cloggy head is back with a vengeance. Not happy. I think I need a hot toddy.

You guys are giving me a lot of new plot bunnies for the Cafeteria Lady. I've decided not to ever reveal her name. I like the nearly anonymous quality of her. I think she has a lot more stories to tell. And somebody mentioned Red Velvet Cake. She even has a recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake. Now I wonder whose favorite that would be? I got a comment from someone on Twitter that the fic sounds like it's written with a Southern accent. That was actually my intent, so I must have succeeded. CL is a good ole Southern gal from Alabama.
                            Red Velvet Cheesecake? Gee, I would imagine that's everyone's favorite! CL is awesome and I really hope we get more stories from her perspective!

The rule these days, thank goodness, is that whatever you think tastes good goes with anything you want it to. Wine snobbery is a thing of the past. Just last weekend we had a nice Viognier with duck, antelope and beef short ribs. Everyone at our table loved it and it wasn't overpowered by the meat at all. In fact it was a good crisp counterpart to the strong tastes of the food. But a merlot or a mellow cabernet sauvignon would have held up well also.
                            Indeed. There are some "traditional" pairings that are still classics, like Sauvignon Blanc and goat cheese, or Port and blue cheese (like Stilton -- though I've found that a nice fudgy chocolate cake ROCKS with Port), but SR is totally right that just about anything will go with just about anything. A nice light Pinot Noir or Rosé will pair just as well with fish as a Chardonnay.

Bless his heart.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            My Sparky muse has apparently gone on vacation today along with every other muse I have) - possibly because of the painkiller haze I'm in. So I think I may take a nap and see if I can find it later.
                            I think I'm going to need to partake of some of those painkillers myself. My head hates me at the moment. Sinus headaches are a b*t*h.

It's quite clear to all, I think, that Joe should have had a more active role in the PTB - it might have done the show some good. I think the guy really knows his thing, and he could have really added that extra pair of eyes, and they sure as hell could have used the extra brain that thought outside of the proverbial box... one that didn't think like the rest of the group... Goddess, they so needed that. *face!palm*
                            *nodnod* Joe should've been an executive producer like RDA was on SG-1. Certain casting shenanigans that happened in S4-5 would never have happened if he'd officially been on watch.

Catch you later, everyone! *waves and stumbles over to the medicine cabinet*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

ITA, and it makes me mad all over again when I'm watching shows like Eureka and Bones and others and see the star's name as a producer. So, if Colin Ferguson gets to be a producer, why didn't Joe? I have my theories on that, but I'd better keep them to myself.
                              sigpic

Comment

ITA, and it makes me mad all over again when I'm watching shows like Eureka and Bones and others and see the star's name as a producer. So, if Colin Ferguson gets to be a producer, why didn't Joe? I have my theories on that, but I'd better keep them to myself.
                                I second this... all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X