Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

I just got home from the dentist and I need something Sparky!

Rodney McKay, often the third wheel in the Sparky eye!sex scenes *lol*
    Last edited by Brie; 15 May 2012, 07:19 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Love the icon Brie!
      Thank you!

Thanks and yes it is part of a bigger crossover fic including Atlantis, SG-1, Star Wars, Highlander: The Series and Castle.
      If I could whistle I would, that sounds really cool.
      sigpic

Comment

I like chairwoman of the board.
        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Mother hen sounds good. I was afraid you were going to say "godmother" next.
        Oh Lord, no! I would never think of that.

That might work. I'll just have to see how much it slows down my computer.
        I watch the post-a-thon on my computer and it doesn't slow it down at all. What I do is minimize the screen and watch the show on the left. Then I shrink the browser screen to a workable size and post on the right. It works great.
        Yeah, I do the same thing. Granted, I only have a 13 inch laptop, but I downsize the web browser on the bottom and zoom out, so I can still scroll and watch most of the episode without obstacles.

Oh, that sounds good too. But I keep telling you I'm not in charge. What would happen if I go away? I won't be here forever you know.
        So I guess "Expedition Leader" is out.

This is interesting. I was writing during biology class today because I had nothing better to do because my student was working in a group, and I was writing some more, and the ninja smut bunnies swung in through the window, wearing red berets, and confiscated my laptop. When I got it back:

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! I'm BAAAACK! And gee, did I miss some fun, or what?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I wanted to drop by during LFP every once in a while to say nothing else but - leadership - however my internet decided differently. It went AWOL for the entire night...
          Bad internetz! But LOL at the idea to just post "leadership" every once in a while. That would've been perfect! Ah, Rodney, you're so easy to tease.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          I now have the urge of get a cooler of Gatorade (the drink, not the caption king ) and pour it over Southern Red. I'd say she qualifies as the coach of our Sparky team, complete with the Lemming mascot.

As long as I can shower afterwards, I'm good with that. Though I wouldn't call myself the coach.

I do have to say that I'm proud of each of every one of us though for sticking around and keeping Sparky alive. And they said they'd seen the last of us at the end of S3. LOL
          We're pesky and stubborn like that.

Okay. How about ringleader???
          Ringleader makes me sound like a gang member.
          Hmm. Well we can't have that now, can we?

How about mother hen?
          I was kinda thinking of den mother, myself. Since we run in packs and all that.

I like chairwoman of the board.
          Oh, that sounds good too. But I keep telling you I'm not in charge. What would happen if I go away? I won't be here forever you know.
          We do what any business does. Elect a new chairwoman. But we don't want that to happen for a long, long time.

Nah, that's Lizzeh. And even when Woolsey's in charge, Lizzeh's still the unofficial leader.

This is interesting. I was writing during biology class today because I had nothing better to do because my student was working in a group, and I was writing some more, and the ninja smut bunnies swung in through the window, wearing red berets, and confiscated my laptop. When I got it back:

*cracks up*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

In that case - the enemy should be aware they could possibly find heads of dead animals in their beds.

I watch the post-a-thon on my computer and it doesn't slow it down at all. What I do is minimize the screen and watch the show on the left. Then I shrink the browser screen to a workable size and post on the right. It works great.
            Handy to know for when I join in during The Gift - however, I'll probably have nothing coherent to add.

What would happen if I go away? I won't be here forever you know.
            You ain't gone just yet, missy!

But if you do go away one day, we'll honor you and bid you a fond farewell!

or more accurately ->

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Bad internetz! But LOL at the idea to just post "leadership" every once in a while. That would've been perfect! Ah, Rodney, you're so easy to tease.
            It's the first thing that comes to mind every single time someone mentions LFP - leadership.

But we don't want that to happen for a long, long time.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SR don't go away!!! What would we do without our own sparky Scarlett O'Hara!!!

Thanks y'all for the con advice. I do plan to go. Still not sure which package to get. Cost isn't an issue; just not sure the super high end is worth it.

Anyways, do any of yous guys (Yes, that's the south side part coming out) remember if the Wraith tried to build their own DHD that could dial Earth? Or was it for something else? I seem to remember some kind of hardware they plugged into a gate.

Oh and here's the prologue to a lil story that will replace the adventures of Sir John and Lady Elizabeth. If everyone likes it I'll keep posting chapters.

Spoiler:
              Chuck sipped his coffee as he took a seat at the gate controls. Chuck didn’t consider himself a coffee guy, but working the night shift he needed a few cups to get going. He set down some personal mail he grabbed on his way to the gate room. Chuck opened a letter without even looking at who sent it. Only one man Chuck knew still sent actual letters. Chuck grinned thinking he’d write back before he went to bed.

After the usual, “Hey son, how are you. Mom says hi,” Chuck learned his father retired from the auto plant a few weeks ago. He smiled thinking how many cups of coffee his father drank working nights. Chuck always appreciated his dad’s hard work. He understood if his father missed a little league game to work an extra shift. Chuck had food and clothing and shelter; complaining just seemed wrong.

“Hey Chuck, this is Lorne, we’re all clear in the armory,” Major Lorne reported making his patrol rounds. Lorne did a stretch of nights once a month. Colonel Sheppard wasn’t above taking a night patrol, so he couldn’t really whine.

“Copy that. How many more night shifts you got?” Chuck asked as he started some diagnostic programs. Another person working made nights a little easier. And Lorne was always up for a game of twenty questions if the night was especially slow.

“Last one. Gonna get a quick nap in the morning and go visit my folks on the mainland,” Lorne answered. The “mainland” became crew slang for San Francisco since they came back to Earth. Chuck remembered Lorne saying he was from San Francisco.

“Wish we could get your schedule. Four days off would be nice,” Chuck continued monitoring the gate diagnostics. If he could put two or three leave days he had piled up onto his normal days off, Chuck might be able to make it back home to Canada a few times a year.

“Yeah, but I gotta stay awake for twelve hours a night,” Lorne answered while he walked toward the mess hall.

“Four days off is like a mini vacation,” Chuck replied while he took out his i-pad.

“Hold up. We have an intruder in the mess hall,” Lorne whispered into his radio.

“Should I sound the alarm?” Chuck pushed his chair towards the main gate controls and raised the shiled.

“No, it’s just McKay raiding the day-old donuts,” Lorne chuckled pranking his friend.

“Dang Evan, scared me half to death,” Chuck shook his acknowledging Lorne’s joke.

“Need to pass the time somehow,” Lorne shrugged and continued on his rounds.

Chuck wheeled back to his i-pad. He turned it on looking around hoping no one was around. When Chuck felt safe he pushed the play button. A flash of light and the familiar theme song brought him back to calmer, younger days.

We are, we are, VR
              We are, we are, VR Troopers

Chuck leaned back in his chair and took another sip of coffee. He remembered one thing his father told him about working nights. “When you’re the mechanic on nights, bosses really don’t care that you’re doing a crossword or reading a book. Long as you answer calls and the line moves, they leave you alone.”

Mr. Woolsey usually didn’t ask too many questions about what happened on off shifts. Long as the diagnostic checklist was done he was happy. Chuck paused his i-pad and checked the status of his diagnostic program. Forty-five percent complete and only two hours down with six more to go. Maybe Chuck would have to get the good stuff out and download Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to make it through this night shift.

While browsing through the selection of old cartoons and kid’s shows Chuck picked up his cup of coffee and found it empty. Sighing he looked over at the diagnostic screen. “Great, I’m at 53% complete.” He looked down at his watch for the time. “And only four hours and thirty-six minutes.” Chuck took a deep breath and headed down to the mess hall to grab a sandwich and refill his coffee.

“Great we’ve got tuna salad on white and tuna salad on white,” Chuck said to no one in particular. Most of the Atlantis cuisine he could tolerate, but tuna salad wasn’t one dish he could eat. Chuck went to look at the desserts remaining. Apple pie, red velvet cake, and lemon squares were left on the dessert table. After a few minutes of pondering he decided on a lemon square. Sitting down with his snack and fresh coffee Chuck smiled at the image of four large turtles fighting over pizza toppings.

“Hey Chuck,” Dr. Jennifer Keller greeted as she entered the mess hall.

“Hi Doc. What are you doing on nights?” Chuck asked refilling his coffee.

“Filling in for Dr. Biro. She wanted to visit her husband on the mainland,” Jennifer answered as she grabbed a tuna sandwich.

“I see. I’m sure she’s having way more fun than we are,” Chuck grumbled over his coffee mug. He grimaced slightly realizing the double entendre. Chuck hoped Jennifer didn’t pick up on his faux pas.

“At least I can do some research with the replicator nanites,” Jennifer mentioned while grabbing a bottled water.

“Are you supposed to be messing around with those?” Chuck could feel his stomach turn thinking of the Asuran replicators. After what happened with Dr. Weir he favored tossing anything related to replicators into the vacuum of space.

“There’s so much potential. No more people in wheel chairs the rest of their lives, no cancer, no diseases of any kind. We could save so many lives from the worst trauma…” Jennifer trailed off during the last part. Chuck got the sense Dr. Weir found her way to Jennifer’s thoughts also.

“I’d better get back to the gate room.” Chuck felt bad leaving Jennifer alone thinking about someone they both admired. But cheering up the down trodden wasn’t one of Chuck’s fortes. He liked Jennifer; she was a genuinely nice person and cared about saving people. Chuck cheered up a little thinking about how the pretty, nice girl ends up with McKay.

After returning to the gate room hours passed by slowly. Chuck watched some more shows on his i-pad, went through more mail, and even worked on a faster gate diagnostic program. He shook his head trying to stay awake and looked down at his watch; 05:27. The day shift would be coming in just over half an hour. Chuck was starting to look forward to a warm breakfast and then getting some sleep.

The lights on the gate suddenly came to life.

“Incoming wormhole,” Chuck said over the city wide public address system. He was definitely awake now. The shield over the event horizon raised automatically.

“Chuck, what’s happening,” Mr. Woolsey called while running up to the gate controls.

“Somehow our gate went active,” Chuck answered as he typed furiously to find out why Atlantis’ gate activated but he already had a good idea why.

“I thought Dr. McKay solved this problem,” Mr. Woosley wiping away what was left of his morning shower from his head.

“I thought so too. The only way this can happen is for another Pegasus gate to be dialing us,” Chuck replied. “Mr. Woolsey, we’re receiving an audio transmission,” Chuck informed the head of Atlantis.

Chuck felt the hairs on his neck when he heard the call.

“Where’s Sheppard?” a very familiar and very menacing voice flooded the gate room.
              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I now have the urge of get a cooler of Gatorade (the drink, not the caption king ) and pour it over Southern Red. I'd say she qualifies as the coach of our Sparky team, complete with the Lemming mascot.

That sucks. Can you watch the DVD on your computer instead?
                  As long as I can shower afterwards, I'm good with that. Though I wouldn't call myself the coach.
                  Believe me, everyone who comes into contact with me wants a shower afterwards

I do have to say that I'm proud of each of every one of us though for sticking around and keeping Sparky alive. And they said they'd seen the last of us at the end of S3. LOL
                  Weeeeellllllll, they should have actually killed Weir (as in, dead dead, no mulligans) during FS if 'they' wanted that to happen

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  Weir: Seriously John, if I push them any further into your view, I'm gonna fall over.

Sheppard: Elizabeth, you already know what I think of your nogs, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you again. Let's just watch McKay and AU Rod for now, and see how long it takes them to start a fight to the death. And besides, I can see them in the reflection

Hmm. Well we can't have that now, can we?

How about mother hen?

Aah, perfect!

Heading to bed, kinda wasted teh evening watching TV ... and doing a little laundry. It's sad that I have "senioritis" when I'm not even a student ... *headdesk*

Have a good night, everybody, and see you tomorrow!
                  In my skim reading, I read that as senoritas. It did not make any sense

We'd clone you?

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post

Thanks y'all for the con advice. I do plan to go. Still not sure which package to get. Cost isn't an issue; just not sure the super high end is worth it.

Anyways, do any of yous guys (Yes, that's the south side part coming out) remember if the Wraith tried to build their own DHD that could dial Earth? Or was it for something else? I seem to remember some kind of hardware they plugged into a gate.

Oh and here's the prologue to a lil story that will replace the adventures of Sir John and Lady Elizabeth. If everyone likes it I'll keep posting chapters.

Spoiler:
                  Chuck sipped his coffee as he took a seat at the gate controls. Chuck didn’t consider himself a coffee guy, but working the night shift he needed a few cups to get going. He set down some personal mail he grabbed on his way to the gate room. Chuck opened a letter without even looking at who sent it. Only one man Chuck knew still sent actual letters. Chuck grinned thinking he’d write back before he went to bed.

After the usual, “Hey son, how are you. Mom says hi,” Chuck learned his father retired from the auto plant a few weeks ago. He smiled thinking how many cups of coffee his father drank working nights. Chuck always appreciated his dad’s hard work. He understood if his father missed a little league game to work an extra shift. Chuck had food and clothing and shelter; complaining just seemed wrong.

“Hey Chuck, this is Lorne, we’re all clear in the armory,” Major Lorne reported making his patrol rounds. Lorne did a stretch of nights once a month. Colonel Sheppard wasn’t above taking a night patrol, so he couldn’t really whine.

“Copy that. How many more night shifts you got?” Chuck asked as he started some diagnostic programs. Another person working made nights a little easier. And Lorne was always up for a game of twenty questions if the night was especially slow.

“Last one. Gonna get a quick nap in the morning and go visit my folks on the mainland,” Lorne answered. The “mainland” became crew slang for San Francisco since they came back to Earth. Chuck remembered Lorne saying he was from San Francisco.

“Wish we could get your schedule. Four days off would be nice,” Chuck continued monitoring the gate diagnostics. If he could put two or three leave days he had piled up onto his normal days off, Chuck might be able to make it back home to Canada a few times a year.

“Yeah, but I gotta stay awake for twelve hours a night,” Lorne answered while he walked toward the mess hall.

“Four days off is like a mini vacation,” Chuck replied while he took out his i-pad.

“Hold up. We have an intruder in the mess hall,” Lorne whispered into his radio.

“Should I sound the alarm?” Chuck pushed his chair towards the main gate controls and raised the shiled.

“No, it’s just McKay raiding the day-old donuts,” Lorne chuckled pranking his friend.

“Dang Evan, scared me half to death,” Chuck shook his acknowledging Lorne’s joke.

Chuck wheeled back to his i-pad. He turned it on looking around hoping no one was around. When Chuck felt safe he pushed the play button. A flash of light and the familiar theme song brought him back to calmer, younger days.

We are, we are, VR

Chuck leaned back in his chair and took another sip of coffee. He remembered one thing his father told him about working nights. “When you’re the mechanic on nights, bosses really don’t care that you’re doing a crossword or reading a book. Long as you answer calls and the line moves, they leave you alone.”

Mr. Woolsey usually didn’t ask too many questions about what happened on off shifts. Long as the diagnostic checklist was done he was happy. Chuck paused his i-pad and checked the status of his diagnostic program. Forty-five percent complete and only two hours down with six more to go. Maybe Chuck would have to get the good stuff out and download Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to make it through this night shift.

While browsing through the selection of old cartoons and kid’s shows Chuck picked up his cup of coffee and found it empty. Sighing he looked over at the diagnostic screen. “Great, I’m at 53% complete.” He looked down at his watch for the time. “And only four hours and thirty-six minutes.” Chuck took a deep breath and headed down to the mess hall to grab a sandwich and refill his coffee.

“Great we’ve got tuna salad on white and tuna salad on white,” Chuck said to no one in particular. Most of the Atlantis cuisine he could tolerate, but tuna salad wasn’t one dish he could eat. Chuck went to look at the desserts remaining. Apple pie, red velvet cake, and lemon squares were left on the dessert table. After a few minutes of pondering he decided on a lemon square. Sitting down with his snack and fresh coffee Chuck smiled at the image of four large turtles fighting over pizza toppings.

“Filling in for Dr. Biro. She wanted to visit her husband on the mainland,” Jennifer answered as she grabbed a tuna sandwich.

“I see. I’m sure she’s having way more fun than we are,” Chuck grumbled over his coffee mug. He grimaced slightly realizing the double entendre. Chuck hoped Jennifer didn’t pick up on his faux pas.

“At least I can do some research with the replicator nanites,” Jennifer mentioned while grabbing a bottled water.

“Are you supposed to be messing around with those?” Chuck could feel his stomach turn thinking of the Asuran replicators. After what happened with Dr. Weir he favored tossing anything related to replicators into the vacuum of space.

“There’s so much potential. No more people in wheel chairs the rest of their lives, no cancer, no diseases of any kind. We could save so many lives from the worst trauma…” Jennifer trailed off during the last part. Chuck got the sense Dr. Weir found her way to Jennifer’s thoughts also.

“I’d better get back to the gate room.” Chuck felt bad leaving Jennifer alone thinking about someone they both admired. But cheering up the down trodden wasn’t one of Chuck’s fortes. He liked Jennifer; she was a genuinely nice person and cared about saving people. Chuck cheered up a little thinking about how the pretty, nice girl ends up with McKay.

After returning to the gate room hours passed by slowly. Chuck watched some more shows on his i-pad, went through more mail, and even worked on a faster gate diagnostic program. He shook his head trying to stay awake and looked down at his watch; 05:27. The day shift would be coming in just over half an hour. Chuck was starting to look forward to a warm breakfast and then getting some sleep.

“Incoming wormhole,” Chuck said over the city wide public address system. He was definitely awake now. The shield over the event horizon raised automatically.

“Chuck, what’s happening,” Mr. Woolsey called while running up to the gate controls.

“Somehow our gate went active,” Chuck answered as he typed furiously to find out why Atlantis’ gate activated but he already had a good idea why.

“I thought Dr. McKay solved this problem,” Mr. Woosley wiping away what was left of his morning shower from his head.

“I thought so too. The only way this can happen is for another Pegasus gate to be dialing us,” Chuck replied. “Mr. Woolsey, we’re receiving an audio transmission,” Chuck informed the head of Atlantis.

“Where’s Sheppard?” a very familiar and very menacing voice flooded the gate room.
                  Haven't read it (skim reading and all) but the only time I can specifically recall the wraith trying to directly get to earth via the gate (other than an attack on Atlantis) is during Midway. They pick one of the gates in the network, hack into McKay's macro, then dial the Midway Station. From there, they dial Earth. Of course, if anybody from Atlantis had thought of dialing Earth directly (in the midst of the action) they could have blocked the Midway wormhole as well as telling the SGC to manually keep the IRIS closed. Of course, there were only two uber!genius's (sp) on Atlantis at the time, they couldn't possibly think of that
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll try that next time.

Please don't say things like the bolded part! Being my earliest memory is finding my grandpa while he was in the process of bleeding to death, I really hate it when people I like say things like that.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      Thank you!

If I could whistle I would, that sounds really cool.
                      You're welcome.

It's been fun writing it. I just hate it when my muse takes a vacation and doesn't tell me where it's going. Like now.
                      Last edited by mandogater; 15 May 2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:

We are, we are, VR

Interesting idea, pkprd869! I look forward to reading more of it.

Comment

I'll try that next time.

Please don't say things like the bolded part! Being my earliest memory is finding my grandpa while he was in the process of bleeding to death, I really hate it when people I like say things like that.
                          I didn't say I was going to die! OMG! I meant I will someday leave voluntarily, as will all of us. I've been here so long I've seen dozens of loyal Sparky fans just fade away. It happens to all of us.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          Gateraid made me think of this.

Maybe you were right, Elizabeth. Wearing your thong so I'd know what you go through was not such a good idea.
                          So, now can I go back to my granny panties?
                          Well, maybe it's not that uncomfortable.

Spoiler:

We are, we are, VR

Scarlett O'Hara? Well, I declare. I'll just have to think about that tomorrow.

Love the focus on Chuck. I always wanted to know more about him.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

In that case - the enemy should be aware they could possibly find heads of dead animals in their beds.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Weeeeellllllll, they should have actually killed Weir (as in, dead dead, no mulligans) during FS if 'they' wanted that to happen
                            *snorts*

Haven't read it (skim reading and all) but the only time I can specifically recall the wraith trying to directly get to earth via the gate (other than an attack on Atlantis) is during Midway. They pick one of the gates in the network, hack into McKay's macro, then dial the Midway Station. From there, they dial Earth. Of course, if anybody from Atlantis had thought of dialing Earth directly (in the midst of the action) they could have blocked the Midway wormhole as well as telling the SGC to manually keep the IRIS closed. Of course, there were only two uber!genius's (sp) on Atlantis at the time, they couldn't possibly think of that
                            Yep, sounds like Midway.

Atlantis dialing Earth to block the Midway wormhole? You mean before the Wraith dialed in, right? Because once the Wraith dialed in to Earth, anyone else trying to dial in gets a busy signal.

I didn't say I was going to die! OMG! I meant I will someday leave voluntarily, as will all of us. I've been here so long I've seen dozens of loyal Sparky fans just fade away. It happens to all of us.
                            True. Someday we'll all move on. But not this day.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*clears throat* ... Leadership.

I was kinda thinking of den mother, myself. Since we run in packs and all that.

We do what any business does. Elect a new chairwoman. But we don't want that to happen for a long, long time.
                              "Den mother" is perfect! And ditto.

Nah, that's Lizzeh. And even when Woolsey's in charge, Lizzeh's still the unofficial leader.
                              True, dat.

*rereads four times, then snorts*

Spoiler:

We are, we are, VR

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Nice! Can't wait to read more! Especially cause I'm trying to figure out the menacing voice ...

Believe me, everyone who comes into contact with me wants a shower afterwards
                              *cracks up* And with that, welcome back, gateraid. We missed you!

NEVER!!!

Weir: Seriously John, if I push them any further into your view, I'm gonna fall over.

Sheppard: Elizabeth, you already know what I think of your nogs, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you again. Let's just watch McKay and AU Rod for now, and see how long it takes them to start a fight to the death. And besides, I can see them in the reflection
                              OMG. So wrong.

In my skim reading, I read that as senoritas. It did not make any sense
                              The irony is that is what I wrote before I fixed my typo.

And I'll be back to reply to the other posts. Bell just rang! *zips out*

Comment

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday.

I meant I will someday leave voluntarily, as will all of us. I've been here so long I've seen dozens of loyal Sparky fans just fade away. It happens to all of us.
                                Too true and it’s always sad when it happens.

True. Someday we'll all move on. But not this day.
                                No, not right now especially since we still have what? 83 episodes of the post-a-thon left to do that we can’t miss.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X